• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Jazz573

Well, that fine too. Someone at reddit mentioned 8PM EDT for the bundle to go up, which is in two hours and a half.

I mainly want the bundle for the nice boat. :p

Edit:

There's going to be a three hour preorder period for the groupees bundle. Starting at 9 am PST/12 pm EST/5 pm GMT tomorrow. Also $3 - 2 games, $10 - 3 games, $20 - 1 game.

Yuuichi

Now that my computer has decided to start nagging me about it, it's time to ask:

Who's upgraded to windows 10 already and has compatibility insights, esp. for newer titles?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
From chat: the tiers are $3-2 games, $10-3 games and $20-1 game. Also, limited bundle at 3k bundles total.

Also, a pre-order for $8 will go live at 9 pm PST.

Shizuka

I get it's limited to 3k copies, does that mean it might sell out during pre-orders? And how do you mean, $8 pre-order? Can't I pre-order the $20 one? Do we get to know which games are in during pre-orders?

It looks like I will be getting the $10 bundle at the least (assuming it's the original Osadai and not just the fandisc), regardless of the other 3 games (since School Days really isn't my cup of tea). Whatever the $20 game is...more like gravy. :)

This is still pretty exciting news anyway.

Shizuka

Having a $20 makes Steins;Gate not that an unlikely guess. I wonder if they're doing this to coincide with Otakon, maybe steal someone's (MG) thunder?

Marche90

Geh... I would love to bite the bullet for the $8/10 tier, but I can only get the $3 tier (money's tight, yo).

OTL

I hope that at least we get something decent per tier and they don't focus on the $10 one only.

cj_iwakura

How difficult will it be to progress in Robotics;Notes once I've finished the show? I only touched on the prologue before watching the series, and I'm almost done.

I imagine this will work MUCH MUCH better as a VN.

Lain

Will we know the games during the pre-order period, or do we go blind if we want to pre-order it?

Preorder is blind. Since it's blind, you get to pay less for the whole bundle.
With the bundle being limited, I hope I manage to snag it during the preorder window.

Lain

Does that mean $20 is the reduced price or the full price?

8$ should be the reduced price to get the whole bundle during the blind preorder period (if the 8$ price for the preorder is true, that is).
Oh, and the countdown until the bundle goes live is up.

yami4ct

Hmmm. Bundle sounds interesting. Guess I'll likely bite on the Top Tier hoping for Steins;Gate. It's a cheap enough gamble I suppose. If it's not that, I'll have a bunch of other VNs to play anyway. I know School Days at the very least is.....enjoyable.

gaiages

Banned
Meh, I'll take the risk and preorder it, since $8 for the whole bundle (hopefully) will probably be a good deal.

I can't remember off the top of my head, was School Days the one with those horridly brutal endings? I've always wanted to give that one a shot :p

I finished World End Economica episode 2 and it was pretty good. The unique setting and premise combined with good character work makes for a good read. Though I think the first episode was probably better, episode two certainly doesn't deliver the same gut punch that the first one had. I'm looking forward to the final episode. Oh, and Eleanor is the best.

This should be fun, no matter what anyone says. :)

I'm happy with Osadai even if its the only thing I would play in it (I don't own it in any form).

Top Bottom