• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Yuuichi

Out of everything I'm most excited for Evangile W even though I haven't played [the original], on the hopes that it's going to get a physical copy with the main game and the fan disk with how well it's been doing, which I won't hesitate to buy.

I would just buy the game outright, but I simply have to much other stuff to finish first for now.

Kindred Spirits is coming to Steam, right?

It's listed as 18+, so probably not. It seems like the only non Steam title they announced today.

Tokyo Bable being all ages is a good thing considering some of the terrible use of adult material in Ayakashibito. We can have a chuuni action VN without the gang rape scenes!

Jazz573

It's listed as 18+, so probably not. It seems like the only non Steam title they announced today.

Tokyo Bable being all ages is a good thing considering some of the terrible use of adult material in Ayakashibito. We can have a chuuni action VN without the gang rape scenes!

Thanks for letting me know.

jonjonaug

Videos for the new announcements have been posted to Mangagamer's Youtube account.

EDIT: Tweets from the Yurirei translator.

9HTyEd0.png

Kindred Spirits on the Roof - Link
Princess Evangile W Happiness - Link
Supipara Chapter 1 - Link
The Shadows of Pygmalion - Link
Tokyo Babel - Link

That terrible string of puns from twitter kind of makes me want to play Kindred Spirits. Haven't played the original Evangile. Supipura sopunds fun, I'll have to check that out. Pygmalion sounds really cool, I think that's the one that sounds most interesting to me on the list. Tokyo Babel didn't really catch my attention, but maybe if I can catch it in a cheap bundle sometime in the (far) future, I'll give it a shot.

So, yeah, Supipura and Pygmalion I'll almost certainly grab close to day one and physical if that's at all an option.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
(Apparently my last post didn't go through...) EDIT: Oh, I put it on the Psycho Pass topic and was unaware...

Anyhow, 5pb. posted this on Facebook today:

Attending Otakon? Come by the FUNimation booth for awesome deals on Steins;Gate, Psycho Pass, & Chaos Head!

C;H announced when?? Also hinting to Psycho Pass for the west?

Jazz573

Is there any Otakon panels that might be revealing it? JAST or something having one?

No panel from JAST. SP has one tho. Besides, if we got an English version of C;H, it would be based on Noah, which doesn't even have a PC port, and JAST doesn't do console versions. I do think PQube has some information to share that might be of interest.

I already played the original C;H, but I am interested in Noah, since it adds a lot of new content.

I look forward to playing Episode 14 on my deathbed.

I hope you don't die in 7 years.

No panel from JAST. SP has one tho. Besides, if we got an English version of C;H, it would be based on Noah, which doesn't even have a PC port, and JAST doesn't do console versions. I do think PQube has some information to share that might be of interest.
Yeah, PQube is where this is coming from and they don't have a panel that I'm aware of.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I already played the original C;H, but I am interested in Noah, since it adds a lot of new content.

Oh that's right, I forgot about it being the Noah console version. So if it's PQube, Gamescon then I guess.

Sekai Project panel stream.

Devil on a G String already in QA. Summer release.

Magical Girl Chiru Chiru
out this July. It seems Frontwing went and translated it on their own. Apparently the translation might be bad?

Tenshin Ranman from Yuzusoft

Ne no Kami: The Two Princess Knights of Kyoto (Yuri title)

Witch Bou Magical Piece (a BL magical boy game by Rosemary House)

Fault Milestone 2 coming September

Nekopara 0, it's an all-ages game.

Sekai Project is publishing manga, starting with Gate. Other manga titles are coming too.

Grisaia Unrated Edition releasing in July.

Jazz573

Sekai Project localizing Tenshin Ranman.

Edit: From a post on reddit, it seems that Nekopara 0 is there too. Also, apparently SP is getting into the Manga translation business now.

Grisaia 18+ in July, huh? There's only like 6 days left in the month. That means it's coming very soon!

Magical Girl Chiru Chiru out this July. It seems Frontwing went and translated it on their own. Apparently the translation might be bad?

Grisaia Unrated Edition releasing in July.

Sooo...this week, then? Shoot, guess I've got to make room for Grisaia, then.

And Devil on a G String this summer? Dangit, and here I was thinking I had some time to really work on my backlog before Danganronpa AE and MGS V in September...

Jazz573

Sooo...this week, then? Shoot, guess I've got to make room for Grisaia, then.

And Devil on a G String this summer? Dangit, and here I was thinking I had some time to really work on my backlog before Danganronpa AE and MGS V in September...

I wonder when the physical version will ship?

They say that they are still working on getting titles onto Vita.

And they kind of hinted that G String might get a Denpasoft release in the QA.

Now that my computer has decided to start nagging me about it, it's time to ask:

Who's upgraded to windows 10 already and has compatibility insights, esp. for newer titles?

I have not had any issues, most newer titles are compat with Win8 anyways so I don't see them having issues with 10.

yami4ct

Blick Winkel's up to something again: http://a.lemnis.ca/2015/07/17infinity.html

[mg]http://i.imgur.com/cCWm0Vi.png[/img]

I mean, the thing is obviously hinting at Ever17. Whether that ends up meaning anything or being a troll is something we'll see later, I guess.

I really hope this means someone out there can get the infinity license for the west. I'd love to own the entire series and I would absolutely kill for a physical version of Never7. I know physical VNs are rare, but collector's editions do happen. I can dream.

Marche90

They say that they are still working on getting titles onto Vita.

And they kind of hinted that G String might get a Denpasoft release in the QA.

I wonder how hard can that be? Maybe they should get outside help, seeing how many other indie titles gets their certification faster. Or is it the type of titles that they're publishing what's delaying them?

Also, hoping Tenshin Ranman has the same fate as G-String, if the hint ends up as true :x

Shizuka

I think Sekai will jump ship after they stall us for another year or so. It's just not happening and they know it, they'd have released something by now if they wanted to.

Jazz573

I wonder how hard can that be? Maybe they should get outside help, seeing how many other indie titles gets their certification faster. Or is it the type of titles that they're publishing what's delaying them?

Also, hoping Tenshin Ranman has the same fate as G-String, if the hint ends up as true :x

That's what you get with a company formed from a fan translation group. :p

Why? I thought they had already announced, they're even using an existing translation.

It's not using an existing translation. They are just hiring an existing fan translation group to do the work. The real costs are the licenses anyway, it's not as if they pay the translators all that well.

Though Mangagamer can afford to license games with a bunch of famous voice actors, but SP has to do a Kickstarter for every license.

I think it's a programming issue more than anything. They have to make their own ports, which I believe involves making their own engine and porting over the assets.
They talked about paper work and documentation in their answer. It's a Sony approval issue. Things like Grisaia are being ported to Unity anyway.

Shizuka

Fucking Groupees refunded me the full amount and removed the games from my account, I'm currently on a trip and couldn't redeem them, now I don't have the games anymore. I just sent yet another email explaining that I did not ask for a full refund, but at this point, they must be trolling me.

yami4ct

School Days HQ

Oh dear god what is it with all the lens flare in this game? Did JJ Abrams direct it? I honestly thought something was wrong with my monitor at first. Also, School Days is still as wonderful, amazingly bad as I remember it being.

Top Bottom