• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

FiveOVER

Neo Member
Looks like KEY is testing the water for releases that doesn't go though kickstarter first. A smaller release is the perfect guinea pig. l I wonder how it will fare with so little advertising.

Jazz573

30 minutes till the Muv-Luv Kickstarter
IaLG69W.gif

Edit: It's here!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, guess I'll be pledging later today... Hopefully no new VN Kickstarters for a while since they've been breaking the bank, and I'm still waiting for all of them to deliver...

Yuuichi

Considering a $150, it runs over my birthday so I'll see how much money I have left after the stuff I already have planned.

The average pledge is $230 right now. As expected the baseline is $60 and no one other than some who want in on the backerkit for a dollar are going below $60.

grim-tales

On the Class Trial (Ch 2) of Danganronpa
Now things are getting interesting... holy shit
We're entering R11 territory here with one character (the crabby Toko) having DID/a split personality etc... but wait.... WTF?
First she's the killer, now she isnt?!??

Lain

I went in at $150 (well $160 with shipping). I had to go read the actual reward list down the page to understand what each tier contained in full. First time just looking at the reward tier on the right confused me.

Alright, I backed $150 for the Muv-Luv kickstarter, hopefully the physical release will arrive in a timely manner. I'm still waiting on Grisaia. ;__;

Also, can someone remind me when Shiny Days is actually releasing, because it seems like forever ago that I placed down a pre-order for the physical copy.

Jazz573

Alright, I backed $150 for the Muv-Luv kickstarter, hopefully the physical release will arrive in a timely manner. I'm still waiting on Grisaia. ;__;

Also, can someone remind me when Shiny Days is actually releasing, because it seems like forever ago that I placed down a pre-order for the physical copy.

Digital is tomorrow, physical is the 30th, assuming JAST USA doesn't delay it again. :p

Shizuka

I guess that BL Kickstarter from Sekai Project will flop, I hope it'll teach them not to always go for Kickstarter, at least for these smaller projects.

Jazz573

I guess it's old news by now, but the Muv-Luv Kickstarter is funded, for anyone who still doesn't know.

Also, in other VN news. Utawarerumono 2 is now out in Japan. Hopefully Atlus USA will pick it up. And tomorrow Shiny Days digital version supposedly will release.

And on the topic of Utawarerumono 2, here's the GAF thread.

Bowl0l

I went in at $150 (well $160 with shipping). I had to go read the actual reward list down the page to understand what each tier contained in full. First time just looking at the reward tier on the left confused me.
The reward tab is hard to understand. Luckily they shared an image of the rewards in the campaign tab.

upandaway

Started on Sharin no Kuni.
Didn't expect him to just shoot her. Dude, chill. (we're gonna try to rehabilitate all criminals but you're dead!)
MC reminds me of Grisaia's a bit

edit: i take that back

I guess that BL Kickstarter from Sekai Project will flop, I hope it'll teach them not to always go for Kickstarter, at least for these smaller projects.
I didn't even know this was a thing. Literally the first I've heard of it. Is it that Witch game? Because it doesn't look appealing at all. :/

And if the project doesn't get funded, are they just gonna give up on BL stuff? They're not really starting in the best foot here.

Lain

How did you get it? I'm still waiting on mine. Is it through email, or what?

Through email, though I ordered the physical limited from J-List. I get the impression the J-List side is quicker at sending the digital codes compared to the Jast side.

Btw, redeeming the Shiny Days serial reminded me that I'm still waiting on that typo fix patch for Starless.
Uo6b.png

Shizuka

I didn't even know this was a thing. Literally the first I've heard of it. Is it that Witch game? Because it doesn't look appealing at all. :/

And if the project doesn't get funded, are they just gonna give up on BL stuff? They're not really starting in the best foot here.

Yes, it's that Witch game. I hope they don't give up if the project doesn't get funded, but that it motivates them to get better games from the genre.

Yes, it's that Witch game. I hope they don't give up if the project doesn't get funded, but that it motivates them to get better games from the genre.
Yeah. I know it's a bit tough securing good BL games because there's not a ton of options but there's definitely some more interesting titles than that.

Alright, bit of a problem here.

I got my download code for Shiny Days an hour ago and attempted to download the files, only to be met with this:

I honestly have no idea how to proceed, any advice? This was in the Datacheck file that comes with the download code and the other 16 setup files. Should I restore it? I honestly have no idea if it's safe or not, as I'm still relatively new to the VN scene, but I'm already running emergency repairs and scans just to be safe.

Jazz573

Alright, bit of a problem here.

I got my download code for Shiny Days an hour ago and attempted to download the files, only to be met with this:

I honestly have no idea how to proceed, any advice? This was in the Datacheck file that comes with the download code and the other 16 setup files. Should I restore it? I honestly have no idea if it's safe or not, as I'm still relatively new to the VN scene, but I'm already running emergency repairs and scans just to be safe.

Definitely a false positive. There's no way JAST would intentionally put malware in their titles.

upandaway

Been playing some more Sharin no Kuni.
nearing the conclusion of Sachi's chapter. I feel like MC is a bit inconsistent compared to other "capable MC" types, and he can be a bit annoying when he's trying to break the ice, otherwise he's not terrible.
Enjoying it being calm so far, I was expecting something more hardcore considering they went through the effort of killing a portrait character 5 minutes into the story. I guess it has potential to get worse.
Curious to see where things are going with the going against the country subplot

Finished Cartagra.
Takako
best girl. (regarding the end)
Wish Takako had a full route :/

Anyway, Nana (was it Nene?) made the ending quite exciting, but the fact that Yura has telepathy made it all go out the window. I didn't theorize much (never felt intrigued enough) but having something like that in the center of the mystery means I have no respect nor admiration for this VN's mystery.

Overall 6/10, Best girl route 7/10, Ending 5/10

grim-tales

Is Cartagra that really dark, twisted VN with scat and other sick shit? I dont mind dark VNs a la 999 but not sure if I can stomach this :(
EDIT: Nvm, perhaps I'm thinking of Euphoria.
I heard the Project ACE group were going to launch a Kickstarter (or something similar like a Patron program) around next month. I'd definitely back it :)

Top Bottom