• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Marche90

So Sekai Project is announcing more random doujin/indie stuff at their AWA panel.

Yume no Sono
Darekoi
Highway Blossoms
Japanese High School Life
Wagamama High Spec
The Orchard of Stray Sheep

I wasn't able to find most of them on VNDB. To be honest, Darekoi and especially Wagamama High Spec look interesting, but we still need to wait for a date. The problem with them, as always, is *when* are they going to be released.

Way too fucking many TBA dates in their VNDB's page.

EDIT:
Do we have a list of teh sekai projet "projects ??

Because right now i'm just confused as hell by the sheer number of things they are actually taking care of.

Their VNDB profile. It's... painful to watch in that sense :/

I wasn't able to find most of them on VNDB. To be honest, Darekoi and especially Wagamama High Spec look interesting, but we still need to wait for a date.
Wagamama High Spec is actually getting an anime adaptation next year.
The problem with them, as always, is *when* are they going to be released.
Just count the days by how many Sakura games they put out.
Japanese High School Life is actually being made by SP. :p So, it's their first original project.

Got to chase that Go Go Nippon money.

Shun

So I was just gifted LovelyxCation 1&2 for Vita and I don't know how I feel about this.

It's my first sim on Vita and from what I understand it's kind of lewd? I've played fate/stay/ataraxia and grisaia on vita and I know those just have elements but from googling LxC apparently is full on date sim?

The only experience I have with these kinds of games is like 2 hours of New Love Plus Plus...

If someone has played game could you give me clean and appropriate thoughts here or via PM because I don't know if I should play it or sell it.

Jazz573

So I was just gifted LovelyxCation 1&2 for Vita and I don't know how I feel about this.

It's my first sim on Vita and from what I understand it's kind of lewd? I've played fate/stay/ataraxia and grisaia on vita and I know those just have elements but from googling LxC apparently is full on date sim?

The only experience I have with these kinds of games is like 2 hours of New Love Plus Plus...

If someone has played game could you give me clean and appropriate thoughts here or via PM because I don't know if I should play it or sell it.

I'd rather have the PC version to be honest. :p

Shun

I feel weird because I've never played this sort of game and I don't know what to expect, even as a clean version on vita.

At least with TYPE-MOON stuff it's like Game of Thrones with lite lewd elements. Not a full on game like this.

I just want to know if it's okay to consume and if the sim stuff is any decent and not too service compared to other crap like New Love Plus Plus and what Amagami.

fertygo

I feel weird because I've never played this sort of game and I don't know what to expect, even as a clean version on vita.

At least with TYPE-MOON stuff it's like Game of Thrones with lite lewd elements. Not a full on game like this.

I just want to know if it's okay to consume and if the sim stuff is any decent and not too service compared to other crap like New Love Plus Plus and what Amagami.

Lovely x Cation is exactly like that or maybe even more because its designed to have decent amount of ero-scene :D

your friend should just gift you koi senkyo to chocolate, now that's dating sim with another layer, interesting student politic gimmick.

Jazz573

Lovely x Cation is exactly like that or maybe even more because its designed to have decent amount of ero-scene :D

your friend should just gift you koi senkyo to chocolate, now that's dating sim with another layer, interesting student politic gimmick.

Yeah I prefer my eroge to actually have ero. :p

Shun

No I got this from a message board "secret santa" gift exchange for Vita.

I gave away my copy of Freedom Wars cause I thought it was a piece of shit and I came back with this thing that sold less than what 8000 copies? I thought I'd get back a copy of like God Eater or something.

I'm not very familiar with this genre as it is. Only lite-sims.

fertygo

No I got this from a message board "secret santa" gift exchange for Vita.

I gave away my copy of Freedom Wars cause I thought it was a piece of shit and I came back with this thing that sold less than what 8000 copies?

I'm not very familiar with this genre as it is. Only lite-sims.

Try to raffle it again brah..
btw LxC ero scene is :sweat.jif worthy doe, shame you get the vita game anyway

Shun

CP4fKJMUYAIRSxk.jpg

At least it has a nice box... I guess...

It can't be worse than Dead or Alive or Senran Kagura or Love Plus in terms of service...

Yuuichi

I'm already sick of hearing about Wagamama. It's not even out until next year (4/26 iirc) and already has an anime and official translation announcement. Beyond the fact I don't like the tropes and setup in play, I flipped through the site and there's basically nothing beyond general information so for all we know it's going to suck but I'm sure people will spend the next 6 months hyping it anyways.

On the other hand Yume no Sono is the work of a longtime acquaintance of mine and I'm excited to see it come to fruition.

Regardless, I feel like SP has too much on it's plate at once right now. Because apparently it's necessary to announce a bunch of new things at every event they attend. While I understand they're basically a contract based company, I feel like they have to be spreading what staff they do have thin.

jonjonaug

Did Mirror Moon have a hard time with Fate/Stay Night's translation hacking? CCC is pretty nasty so far.

The engine that the PC version of F/SN runs on is quite easy to work with, to my understanding. Mirror Moon did delay the release of the UBW patch forever because they wanted to make a nice installer for it though.

Shun

Seems to be LE. So I guess I scored in a way since I gave away a copy of Freedom Wars?

Well I can't say I won anything cause this seems used, at least the game and not the extras, and I'm really hesitant.

Shizuka

Some games are back on Steamspy.

planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~
Owners: 17,970 ± 3,231

The Fruit of Grisaia
Owners: 8,224 ± 2,186

Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru Part 1
Owners: 2,437 ± 1,190

Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru Part 2
Owners: 1,980 ± 1,072

cj_iwakura

Seems to be LE. So I guess I scored in a way since I gave away a copy of Freedom Wars?

Well I can't say I won anything cause this seems used, at least the game and not the extras, and I'm really hesitant.

It's rated D, so it has to be pretty risque.

upandaway

Just done, there was a lot more to it than I thought there would be. It was pretty much what you'd consider a character ending except the story just continues onward, didn't expect that. That's a fun idea. I guess the different routes are minimal in their differences then.

It really got crazy at some points, didn't expect him to make her take the pill in the cave or to lower her time to 10 hours. He's a complete nutcase. At the very least he's dealt with her problem much better than Grisaia would, though (there's actually quite a lot of shallow comparison points to Grisaia). I like it when there's a long monotonous story arc in a single setting (like painting in the same place for 10 days) so I enjoyed it.

Not sure if I like the old dude so far. He's way, way too intrusive and way too lenient for what they made him up to be. He's not threatening at all and it doesn't feel like an exam when he butts in for every little thing.

I wasn't able to find most of them on VNDB. To be honest, Darekoi and especially Wagamama High Spec look interesting, but we still need to wait for a date. The problem with them, as always, is *when* are they going to be released.

Way too fucking many TBA dates in their VNDB's page.

EDIT:

Their VNDB profile. It's... painful to watch in that sense :/
So many TBA indeed . i know most of them aren't full and big VNs projects but still..

that's a lot.

Cross-posting from the GAFdev thread. I've been showing my progress there mostly.

Since the Sekai Project panel at Anime Atlanta Weekend con ended yesterday I can officially/finally announce it but, yes, I'm working on Yume No Sono! And, yep, it's still in development.

I'm already sick of hearing about Wagamama. It's not even out until next year (4/26 iirc) and already has an anime and official translation announcement. Beyond the fact I don't like the tropes and setup in play, I flipped through the site and there's basically nothing beyond general information so for all we know it's going to suck but I'm sure people will spend the next 6 months hyping it anyways.

On the other hand Yume no Sono is the work of a longtime acquaintance of mine and I'm excited to see it come to fruition.

Regardless, I feel like SP has too much on it's plate at once right now. Because apparently it's necessary to announce a bunch of new things at every event they attend. While I understand they're basically a contract based company, I feel like they have to be spreading what staff they do have thin.

Thanks for the kind words. It hasn't been easy for me and a lot of research is pending to flesh things out better on the lore front.

So much to do aaaaaaah.

Jazz573

Cross-posting from the GAFdev thread. I've been showing my progress there mostly.

Since the Sekai Project panel at Anime Atlanta Weekend con ended yesterday I can officially/finally announce it but, yes, I'm working on Yume No Sono! And, yep, it's still in development.

Thanks for the kind words. It hasn't been easy for me and a lot of research is pending to flesh things out better on the lore front.

So much to do aaaaaaah.

Congrats on getting a publisher!

Is there a Steam release planned?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation Status Update September 27 from /r/visualnovels
Originally from /jp/ on 4chan

Fuwanovel version

Jazz573

Speaking of Rewrite, an anime adaptation was announced. Apparently Studio 8-bit is doing it, and they did the Grisaia anime, so I wouldn't get mu hopes up for quality.

Not to mention anyone who's played it will tell you it's not really a story suited to such a
linear
format.

It could be done if you have enough episodes. To start with you could scrap all the stuff Romeo didn't write, especially Tonokawa's crap. Kotori, Akane, Moon, and Terra are the routes that matter. You'd have to restructure the story, have hints of Moon show up earlier.

Congrats on getting a publisher!

Is there a Steam release planned?
Yup, that's the idea and the main reason I approached them. First things first, gotta finish this. Easier said than done. I've been considering KS to speed things up since all the art and music aren't cheap.

I'm hoping to drop more updates once I get the next batch of art.

edit: UPDATE! lol, how convenient!

You can check the PR doc I wrote for AWA, which conveys a lot that the trailer can't due to its small length and how fast we stormed to get it done:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvvh8ehiwzf5h9j/YumeNoSonoProject-PR-v3.pptx?dl=0

JulianImp

So I took a better look at the art used in Ken Ga Kimi and it all looks really nice, which makes me happy to be part of the team working on it. TL work on VNs is certainly a lot harder than anime though, maybe because Detective Conan had a relatively limited vocabulary I had to learn and also loved reusing conversations and situations across multiple episodes, which made things a lot easier for me to handle.

Not having access to the game itself, I've found the TL wiki indispensable, since knowing a character as deeply as possible makes it way easier to pinpoint just how her/his lines should be delivered. Otherwise, speech patterns are all I could get from the raw scripts I was given, but they're only part of what defines how a character should be handled and could result in some disastrous TL errors such as calling a girl a boy because of her use of ore/boku to refer to herself.
Then again, that ambiguity's one of the things I love about Japanese.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think providing as much visibility as possible is a good idea. I don't see how it hurts anyone by me sharing in both places.

I mostly just sub this topic since it's an all-in-one VN discussion. Better than having a whole bunch of subs to the bazillion Kickstarters I pledged to >_>

Oh quick question: How long is Saya no Uta? Just came in the mail and I'm curious at its length. Got it now since well, Rightstuf sale, and since she'll be in Nitroplus Blasters.

jonjonaug

I mostly just sub this topic since it's an all-in-one VN discussion. Better than having a whole bunch of subs to the bazillion Kickstarters I pledged to >_>

Oh quick question: How long is Saya no Uta? Just came in the mail and I'm curious at its length. Got it now since well, Rightstuf sale, and since she'll be in Nitroplus Blasters.

About 6-10 hours long, depending on how fast you read and if you let the voices play fully all of the time. It's fairly short and there's only two choices (leading to a total of three endings).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
About 6-10 hours long, depending on how fast you read and if you let the voices play fully all of the time. It's fairly short and there's only two choices (leading to a total of three endings).

Oh that's a nice length then. How do you get all 3 endings from 2 choices? Or is the last one like a true ending where you need the other 2 first?

upandaway

Oh that's a nice length then. How do you get all 3 endings from 2 choices? Or is the last one like a true ending where you need the other 2 first?
First split leads to ending or second split, which leads to the other two endings (I think it was like that)

Top Bottom