• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Jazz573

I have hope whether you do or not. PQube will save us.

Yes. I hope they can get to the other Science ADV games as well. And I know it's very wishful thinking, but if we beg PQube hard enough, maybe we can get them to do the Yu-No remake, since they have a working relationship with 5pb. I can dream. :p

XMSHO

Yes. I hope they can get to the other Science ADV games as well. And I know it's very wishful thinking, but if we beg PQube hard enough, maybe we can get them to do the Yu-No remake, since they have a working relationship with 5pb. I can dream. :p
Is it? there is another factor in Steins;Gate localization, Nitro+... So it hard to say for sure that 5pb. was the on interested in the western market.
5pb. was probably the one responsible in making S;G PS3/Vita port in Japan, we all hope that they are interested in localizing more VNs like Yu-No remake and Chaos;Child.
By the way, is it true that Nitro+ start to draw themselves away from the science adventure series?
TJ1yxTs.png

"2008" Nitro+ @@

Is it? there is another factor in Steins;Gate localization, Nitro+... So it hard to say for sure that 5pb. was the on interested in the western market.
5pb. was probably the one responsible in making S;G PS3/Vita port in Japan, we all hope that they are interested in localizing more VNs like Yu-No remake and Chaos;Child.
By the way, is it true that Nitro+ start to draw themselves away from the science adventure series?
TJ1yxTs.png

"2008" Nitro+ @@

I think PQube made it relatively clear from their various postings that they were working with MAGES. on S;G (i.e. the parent company of 5pb.)

And Nitro+ has the most influence on the PC side of things, while 5pb. focuses on consoles. Nitro+ moving away from Science Adventure and the lack of PC releases for later titles in the series are probably correlated somehow.

Shun

So I tried playing LxC 1+2 on Vita and damn, did CERO even actually go through this and look over it? For a CERO D game this is pretty freaking lewd... Goes pretty close to realms of what's acceptable for a CERO-certified Playstation game.

Sim elements are pretty basic too, the RPG and stats are okay. The story is basic bread and butter sim. Wish it was better.

All I can say is this, I can only imagine what the PC version is like... I don't know if I should... Does the PC version have an interaction mode like New Love Plus Plus? Or is it just CGs and animated eMote.

1lmu0P6.gif

sweating-profusely-gif.gif

So I tried playing LxC 1+2 on Vita and damn, did CERO even actually go through this and look over it? For a CERO D game this is pretty freaking lewd... Goes pretty close to realms of what's acceptable for a CERO-certified Playstation game.

Sim elements are pretty basic too, the RPG and stats are okay. The story is basic bread and butter sim. Wish it was better.

All I can say is this, I can only imagine what the PC version is like... I don't know if I should... Does the PC version have an interaction mode like New Love Plus Plus? Or is it just CGs and animated eMote.

From your previous post I see that you are new to these kinds of game. For games like LxC 1+2, Fate / Stay Light or Grisaia on PC, they are called eroge and have adult content. I have only played LxC 1 on PC, there is no interaction mode like Love Plus, and I don't remember seeing any eMote. The stats in the PC version reflects the sexual ability of the protagonist, which will result in different CGs in the sex scenes.

BTW, LxC belongs those eroge have relatively large amount of adult content compared to other eroges which are more story-oriented like Fate/Stay Light. If you like reading interesting stories, the PC version of LxC may not suit you. In my case, I drop the game half way as I cannot bear the amount of sex scenes. They are just too many.

cj_iwakura

What happened with the C;H teasing? If that all fell through due to licensing... (which let's face it is entirely likely)

Shun

From your previous post I see that you are new to these kinds of game. For games like LxC 1+2, Fate / Stay Light or Grisaia on PC, they are called eroge and have adult content. I have only played LxC 1 on PC, there is no interaction mode like Love Plus, and I don't remember seeing any eMote. The stats in the PC version reflects the sexual ability of the protagonist, which will result in different CGs in the sex scenes.

BTW, LxC belongs those eroge have relatively large amount of adult content compared to other eroges which are more story-oriented like Fate/Stay Light. If you like reading interesting stories, the PC version of LxC may not suit you. In my case, I drop the game half way as I cannot bear the amount of sex scenes. They are just too many.

I know it's an eroge, I just didn't expect it to be the way it was considering that fate/stay/ataraxia and Grisaia on Vita were pretty clean.

Yuuichi

I know it's an eroge, I just didn't expect it to be the way it was considering that fate/stay/ataraxia and Grisaia on Vita were pretty clean.

There's more story heavy games and more H heavy games and LxC, though I've never played it, has always stuck me as leaning towards the H side of that.

Shun

Not gonna lie tho Wakoto is freaking attractive...

I just didn't expect getting this kind of game through a blind trade...

Marche90

Considering that some of the stats represents sexual progress, I'm kind of surprised that someone thought that making a clean port would be a great idea. Even the vndb article says outright "High amounts of sexual content"

Maybe that's why they released both games as a single pack...

Yuuichi

Why is her route terrible?

I was referring to this as a lifestyle decision LOL

I should keep my expectations in check and abandon all hope of a 2015 release for Seinarukana right ?

Well they claim to be waiting on "LE Materials" and if it's like what I have in the special package it's an OST and a small hardcover artbook (it also has a packed in copy of Aselia but now that I think about it I'm not sure if it's 18+ or not and I doubt they'll include that).

XMSHO

I think PQube made it relatively clear from their various postings that they were working with MAGES. on S;G (i.e. the parent company of 5pb.)

And Nitro+ has the most influence on the PC side of things, while 5pb. focuses on consoles. Nitro+ moving away from Science Adventure and the lack of PC releases for later titles in the series are probably correlated somehow.

That sad : ( another reason to get a vita I think...

Back to the positive side, Root Double XE port for PC is already under development as stated in Regista home page.
Sekai project went silent on the project for months after the initial announcement at AX, and although they said that they plan for a Kickstarter I don't think it will be a big one.
Maybe just something for a final kick for the project and pre-order venue for the physical copies.

That sad : ( another reason to get a vita I think...

Back to the positive side, Root Double XE port for PC is already under development as stated in Regista home page.
Sekai project went silent on the project for months after the initial announcement at AX, and although they said that they plan for a Kickstarter I don't think it will be a big on.
Maybe just something for a final kick for the project and pre-order venue for the physical copies.
Sekai Project actually getting something done without a Kickstarter would be a nice surprise even if it'd be hard to believe.

jonjonaug

TJ1yxTs.png

"2008" Nitro+ @@

Chaos;Head had quite a bit of involvement from Nitro+. Steins;Gate's involvement was mostly limited to music production guidance and plot ideas from Shimokura Vio, who came up with a lot of the time travel stuff. After that Nitro+'s involvement has been very limited. They still have producer credits for some entries in the series and their spinoffs, but not all of them.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Muv-Luv numbers are making them consider even more Kickstarters in the future. I hope not.

I just want them to finish what they have on their plate. I want my goodies mailed out to me... v_v My fault-milestone one- artboookkkk.....

I just want them to finish what they have on their plate. I want my goodies mailed out to me... v_v My fault-milestone one- artboookkkk.....

Even beyond the Kickstarter rewards or ports they haven't delivered on, they have something like 25 projects announced. They seemingly just license everything they can get a hold of.

what's wrong with kickstarters?

The problem isn't with Kickstarters, but with one company using them over and over when they haven't delivered on their older ones. Sekai Project has had 8 VN Kickstarters and only one (Fault Milstone One) has delivered the product, and even there they haven't delivered on the ports or backer rewards they promised. They've made this worse with a lot of poor communication and long stretches where they have ignored issues or just been silent.

Shizuka

The problem isn't with Kickstarters, but with one company using them over and over when they haven't delivered on their older ones. Sekai Project has had 8 VN Kickstarters and only one (Fault Milstone One) has delivered the product, and even there they haven't delivered on the ports or backer rewards they promised. They've made this worse with a lot of poor communication and long stretches where they have ignored issues or just been silent.

Exactly. I've shared my opinion that they're relying on Kickstarter when they can easily afford the smaller licenses, they're just using it as a pre-order venue and as a way to cut all the risks involved in releasing the game while pinning everything on the community. They're on the way of failing their first Kickstarter, so we'll see if they'll release the game regardless or if they'll drop the project entirely.

Yuuichi

Honestly the salt in the wounds with the kickstarters (I'm in two of them, WEE and Clannad) is that they continue to announce new games, make smaller releases, and run more kickstarters while not having previous stuff completed. Anyone with real life project experience will tell you that throwing more resources at something does not always make it go faster (or better) but SP has, according to my count, 33 live projects according to VNDB. Sure, they've been doing pretty well, but I can't see any situation where their resources aren't being stretched too thin. It honestly seems to me like they're focusing more on the big name titles that are going to get them more press; at this point I'm 99% sure I'll be seeing my Clannad box long before my WEE one, even though that should have been done months ago.

They really need to start delivering before they keep picking up projects. They're not scam artists by any stretch of the imagination, but they do seem to be skirting some of their responsibilities because they're not willing to say the bit off more than they can chew.

Honestly the salt in the wounds with the kickstarters (I'm in two of them, WEE and Clannad) is that they continue to announce new games, make smaller releases, and run more kickstarters while not having previous stuff completed. Anyone with real life project experience will tell you that throwing more resources at something does not always make it go faster (or better) but SP has, according to my count, 33 live projects according to VNDB. Sure, they've been doing pretty well, but I can't see any situation where their resources aren't being stretched too thin. It honestly seems to me like they're focusing more on the big name titles that are going to get them more press; at this point I'm 99% sure I'll be seeing my Clannad box long before my WEE one, even though that should have been done months ago.

They really need to start delivering before they keep picking up projects. They're not scam artists by any stretch of the imagination, but they do seem to be skirting some of their responsibilities because they're not willing to say the bit off more than they can chew.

They just hired a new community manager so they seem to realize their messaging has been poor. But from their recent comments I don't think they believe that they've overstretched themselves. But however little staff these projects share, when you're getting down to your 15th ongoing project and need to find translators, editors, and programmers for it because your others are already busy, those you find probably won't be the best, not at the salaries these VN localization companies pay. They've already admitted that they have a major bottleneck when it comes to the port/programming work.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I show hope that they next few months will show the fruits of their (Grisaia) labor. Sounds like Clannad might actually be almost done, since they have made good progress on that, at least...

(I'm in ALL of their Kickstarters except for the magical boy one... :x)

I show hope that they next few months will show the fruits of their (Grisaia) labor. Sounds like Clannad might actually be almost done, since they have made good progress on that, at least...

(I'm in ALL of their Kickstarters except for the magical boy one... :x)

Frontwing seems to be in charge of the release dates for Grisaia, so I expect them to get it out even if they have to rush it. Clannad's progress has appeared smooth the whole way through so I'm not worried about it. It's probably more alarming how quickly they translated something that big.

Sölf

So, since I most likely will get my Vita tomorrow and Danganronpa will be my first game, are there any must have VNs out there for it, except the Danganronpa series? I've seen Steins;Gate, anything else?

Shizuka

Sölf;180722974 said:
So, since I most likely will get my Vita tomorrow and Danganronpa will be my first game, are there any must have VNs out there for it, except the Danganronpa series? I've seen Steins;Gate, anything else?

Virtue's Last Reward. I'd suggest the two PSP Corpse Party titles since they're on sale and the third game is coming out in less than two weeks.

Sölf

Virtue's Last Reward. I'd suggest the two PSP Corpse Party titles since they're on sale and the third game is coming out in less than two weeks.

I already played VLR as well as 999 on the (3)DS. And thanks for reminding me Corpes Party exists, completely forgot that.

Shizuka

Sölf;180723346 said:
I already played VLR as well as 999 on the (3)DS. And thanks for reminding me Corpes Party exists, completely forgot that.

There are the otome titles, specially Code Realize, which is the most recommended one from the Vita ones.

Yuuichi

They just hired a new community manager so they seem to realize their messaging has been poor. But from their recent comments I don't think they believe that they've overstretched themselves. But however little staff these projects share, when you're getting down to your 15th ongoing project and need to find translators, editors, and programmers for it because your others are already busy, those you find probably won't be the best, not at the salaries these VN localization companies pay. They've already admitted that they have a major bottleneck when it comes to the port/programming work.

I just can't imagine having to manage that many projects and contract employees.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Clannad's progress has appeared smooth the whole way through so I'm not worried about it. It's probably more alarming how quickly they translated something that big.

I'm guessing they are focusing a good majority of their efforts on it. Could be why WAS was also pushed it back. Or perhaps they just had a bigger translation crew for it.

I'm guessing they are focusing a good majority of their efforts on it. Could be why WAS was also pushed it back. Or perhaps they just had a bigger translation crew for it.

WAS' issues appear to be related to the voice acting, though that doesn't explain why all their Steam patches for the alpha are broken.

Clannad had a large team of translators, which is why they've been spending most of the year editing it.

Shun

I was referring to this as a lifestyle decision LOL

Well I finished Wakoto route and holy shit... *sweat* They really did go and stretch the bounds of CERO D...

I think I'll stick to clean versions on Playstation like I did for FSN and Grisaia...

You see the clean versions are better because by leaving things to your imagination, you provide even more eros and stimulation to your brain.

Top Bottom