• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

I liked this one better, compared to the previous one we were using. Almost 100 pages in a year.

It's a lot more active, though most of that is because of all the industry talk that goes on that wasn't there as much in the old thread because there wasn't as much localization going on.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It's a lot more active, though most of that is because of all the industry talk that goes on that wasn't there as much in the old thread because there wasn't as much localization going on.

Lots of localization makes me happy even if I don't read as much as I used to. It's nice to be able to buy official English copies of titles I've enjoyed.

Yuuichi

They already took the date off their website, it's delayed until 2016.

But where's Seinarukana? Are they still trying to put out Sonicomi this year?

Seinarukana is wherever the LE materials are (jast pipeline history says late middle of next year, LOL), Sonicomi I have no idea, I don't even remember who's working on it.

I hope the LE materials are the same as the JP ones though, it's some really nice stuff.

Raytow

Is it a cliffhanger?

Yeah, chances of KnS3 ending with another one are high, fucking teases *sadface*
Finally played Phenomeno happy and sad at the same time, loved everything about it but now there is nothing, it continues but only in light novel form, any chance I can buy them translated in english or spanish maybe?

Shizuka

Since no one has shared this already:

Kadokawa Games announced mystery adventure game Root Letter for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita during its fall media briefing today. It’s planned for release worldwide in spring 2016.

Root Letter is the first entry in Kadokawa Games’ new series of mystery games. It’s a youth mystery adventure and human drama set in Shimane Prefecture. Its story is outlined as, “Melt the frozen past, and begin walking towards the future.” It features both adventure and simulation parts.

Love Plus character designer Mino Taro is handling character designs and planning. The scenario is being handled by Dario Fuji, and the music by Takashi Nitta.

Kadokawa Games announces Root Letter for PS4, PS Vita (Spring 2016 Worldwide Release).

Marche90

Surprised that they announced a global launch. I'm wondering who will handle the game in NA? I doubt Kadokawa will launch it themselves, but it could be their first time, for all I know.

Is it a cliffhanger?

To quote Marina from Valkyria Chronicles: "The hunt continues"

I'll leave the meaning of that to your imagination. I haven't read the VN yet, but I have already spoiled how Reiji's story "ends" here.
It's nowhere near done since his search has been reset, of sorts.

Can't wait to get my hands on this vn orz

Jazz573

Is this a joke KS? How is it possible?
ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

:p

Falk

that puzzling face
Nevermind just googled it, and what I was thinking of isn't even worth linking, and not even for NSFW reasons. Ye gads.

Aku-Audi

I settled the issues with the steam cards for Grisaia, meaning I remade everything from scratch that was in place before my time, and now Grisaia has full Steam Card support. Please enjoy.

Also sources from beyond the valley of mists tell me there is some good Vita developments going on.

Gahkthun is actually coming out this year! December 23. Hopefully people will buy it so we get more Liarsoft and Sakurai titles.

And Watanagashi is out on MangaGamer's site, though you need to wait until tomorrow for Steam.

Some random VNdev progress. It's been a while and I dropped another character reveal for Yume No Sono, to add to the previous I made:

I have one more in the works coming very soon and then another two. That would complete the entirety of the main cast. After that, I need to queue the BG art and I'm ready to prepare a long overdue demo.

Chris Huelsbeck of Turrican and Rogue Squadron fame to score Narcissu Kickstarter project!

http://www.twitch.tv/c_huelsbeck

Just being announced right now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-anniversary-anthology-project?ref=nav_search
That seems like an odd fit.
Like he's composing for the new game? Obviously not the already released stuff. Seems kind of out of left field tbh.
Is there a new game? Isn't everything coming from the PSP collection?

Yes. SP is making it from scratch, I believe. Well with Stage Nana of course.
Are you talking about the 1980 thing? SP has been pretty misleading with this Kickstarter, talking around how the work they're doing is largely from that PSP collection, so it's difficult to tell what they're actually doing to Narcissu beyond that with their vague wording.

Stike

Like he's composing for the new game? Obviously not the already released stuff. Seems kind of out of left field tbh.

The new part, Narcissu Sumire, will be scored by him if I understood it correctly.

Update: I asked, and he said:
not decided, which chapter yet, but I'll look at all of them... :)

That seems like an odd fit.

Is there a new game? Isn't everything coming from the PSP collection?

Not odd in my view, he was always trying to make music for non-game projects and already did, for example the short film "light at the end of the tunnel".

Jazz573

Are you talking about the 1980 thing? SP has been pretty misleading with this Kickstarter, talking around how the work they're doing is largely from that PSP collection, so it's difficult to tell what they're actually doing to Narcissu beyond that with their vague wording.

Sumire is what I was referring to.

Also, we just hit 100 pages!

Top Bottom