• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

this message is brought to you by senran kagura shinovi versus

But I can't understand what they are saying.
you can always pretend

Hibari-chan <3
pfft hikage and katsu-nee

Looking forward to your impressions.
If it's really import friendly, I might bite
especially for Hikage
i also look forward to caressing my time with the game and stroking your brains with my impressions

It should be pretty import friendly, though, outside of the story.

thinking of importing it, but I usually get multiple orders from yes-asia and I don't really have anything else in mind (aka there is no decent gravure releases this month) ..so yeah..
What do you think you're gonna import next, Toto? For any system.

Just bought Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified. Looking forward to playing it.
3AQmK.gif

Grace Chen is certainly taking her fucking time tonight.

Looks like some stuff is up via search.

My one hope for tomorrow is that they announce, through the Gaikai streaming deal, that you can stream PS4 games to your Vita over WiFi. That would sell me instantly on a PS4. That's what personally is most appealing to me about the WiiU, and I really hope Sony takes advantage of the Vita in this case.

And even if we don't get that, we need the Vita to have some form of functionality with the PS4. If the Vita does not play into the PS4 at all then I fear for the worst, honestly. But I trust Sony not to fuck us over that much.

Hopefully this is the case. That rumor said Vita could be played locally via the network so I really, really hope that equates to remote play via Gaikai powered streaming - it's not only great for the PS4 but great for the Vita because it instantly makes the Vita appealing to those console owners.

It should be pretty import friendly, though, outside of the story.

I hope so. I really want this game ;(

Btw, has anyone seen this? From ATLUS USA's Facebook post:

Check out the newest image trailer for Dragon’s Crown (coming Summer 2013 for the PlayStation 3 and Playstation Vita) on the official website: http://dragons-crown.com/

More information coming to you in late March!

Not sure if this was posted yet.

maybe the PSN team read the reviews and decided to save bandwidth?

I thought most of the reviews in here were positive about it even if they focused on the differences with the PS3 version?

Besides, if reviewers knew what they were talking about, I should throw my copy of Rising in the trash and I should run out and replace it with DmC, which apparently has "deeper" combat.

I only just remembered how long it takes Atlus games to release in Europe (P4G, P4A eugh) so... maybe I'll import Dragon's Crown from North America.

If it is cross-buy I could be convinced to wait, I guess.

Hotline Miami! All these PC indie games! XD

WhyCan'tIHoldAllTheseGames.jpg

Hopefully Terraria (and Minecraft one day) will follow
I can't stress enough how much Terraria Vita needs to happen. It's already coming to PSN on PS3! D:

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I thought most of the reviews in here were positive about it even if they focused on the differences with the PS3 version?

Besides, if reviewers knew what they were talking about, I should throw my copy of Rising in the trash and I should run out and replace it with DmC, which apparently has "deeper" combat.

......wat..holy shit really? ok I need to go the MGR review thread to read about this insanity.(please let it be a GB reviewer..actually it must be from a GB review).

Edit: not GB,but damn the game getting some low scores...the demo was fun.

You're becoming a parody of the generally negative opinion other users have of you.

Dude,it was just a joke.

DiscoJer

Hotline Miami! All these PC indie games! XD

WhyCan'tIHoldAllTheseGames.jpg

Hopefully Terraria (and Minecraft one day) will follow

They won't, because they are actually games I want to play. If it's a game I don't care about, it comes to the Vita. If it's something i want, it doesn't. Depressing.

Atlus seriously need to make this game a cross-buy title.

They really should. Or at best, if they are doing a physical release (I doubt it) have a download code with the PS3 version. Still, they did say that they're going to charge a bit more but hey, they saved the game so I'll pay whatever Atlus asks because they're awesome. Cross-buy would just be more icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. Still awesome to hear it's coming in the summer! SO EXCITED! That means the Vita's lineup for this year is starting to get pretty well rounded IMO.

......wat..holy shit really? ok I need to go the MGR review thread to read about this insanity.(please let it be a GB reviewer..actually it must be from a GB review).

Edit: not GB,but damn the game getting some low scores...the demo was fun.

Dude,it was just a joke.

I don't think I can link the one review, the site might be banned, but here:

OPM: (70/100): "Sadly, the combat doesn't have enough depth to trouble the genre's best (it certainly can't touch Ninja Theory's DmC reboot), and there's a disappointing disposability about the whole experience. This is a project that has been rightfully and respectably salvaged, but one that can't quite cut it at the top."

PSLS.net: (3/10): "I played through the game on Normal, and on a number of occasions I considered either smashing my controller to bits, or quitting the game entirely and writing my review up until that point. I persevered, but I still ended up giving up at the final form of the last boss (at least I hope it was the final form, since I already beat many other forms). I did not complete the game. I did not finish the last boss. On normal."

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
They really should. Or at best, if they are doing a physical release (I doubt it) have a download code with the PS3 version. Still, they did say that they're going to charge a bit more but hey, they saved the game so I'll pay whatever Atlus asks because they're awesome. Cross-buy would just be more icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. Still awesome to hear it's coming in the summer! SO EXCITED! That means the Vita's lineup for this year is starting to get pretty well rounded IMO.

yeah.

unlike pre-Atlus,now there is PS3 for $50 and Vita for $40,so this mean most of people will have to buy one version, which is suck I was going for both versions before Atlus. (pre-Atlus pricing was $40 PS3 and $30 Vita)

an LE box that have both versions..let say for $70 with a mini artbook and Vita sticker or something will be nice.

I don't think I can link the one review, the site might be banned, but here:

OPM: (70/100): "Sadly, the combat doesn't have enough depth to trouble the genre's best (it certainly can't touch Ninja Theory's DmC reboot), and there's a disappointing disposability about the whole experience. This is a project that has been rightfully and respectably salvaged, but one that can't quite cut it at the top."
"

lol.

the 3/10 from PSLS or whatever is an obvious bait for clicks/views tho.

lol.

the 3/10 from PSLS or whatever is an obvious bait for clicks/views tho.

I think their reviewer generally hated the game that much.

I've read other reviews there, and they don't usually seem to troll for the sake of views though... Their Dead Space 3 review was pretty fair, I thought.

It's just hilarious to me that the guy didn't even finish the game... on normal.

There's a much better review/dissection of the game over on Siliconera...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/1...test-a-different-kind-of-stylish-action-game/

Dude is an action-game junkie and explains why he didn't like it until he understood how it was supposed to be played.

It's a really great read.

--

Back on topic.
Yeah, I'm really sad that Atlus is charging a premium now. If it were cross-buy, I'd probably go up to $60 to support it. Asking me for $90 to get both versions is ridiculous though and I'll have to go back to my cheapass self and wait for it to get knocked down/discounted.

Have they said anything about not doing a physical release? :(

zulux21

I don't know why you are doubting dragon's crown will be a physical release when you can easily preorder both the ps3 or psv version at any game store o_O;

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

there is a boxed release for both versions of DC.

I don't know why you are doubting dragon's crown will be a physical release when you can easily preorder both the ps3 or psv version at any game store o_O;

also when Atlus got the IP and re-announced the game they raised the price on Amazon and posted pre order links.

I just thought it wasn't like a major deal, that Atlus would do a digital only thing. I mean, we all consider it a major release but I wasn't sure how big of a production it is to Atlus - they are saving it though.

Takao

Banned
lol does sony have a list of major console ips they want

ass creed
batman
bioshock (lol)
call of duty

ea not playing game so no dead space/dragon age

*remembers EDF pre-order fondly*

That too :\ I would've gotten EDF way sooner if it was still a physical release - I still haven't gotten it yet. I got NLKS at 40$ and digital because I really loved the original but I've never played an EDF game and 40$ for a digital game, at least that digital game, feels steep to me.

wilflare

hmm. what's the news that seem to have sparked hope in all vita owners?
is there a link!

I keep seeing Hotline Miami.. but is there restricted to EU or something :/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
is there a link!

nothing solid yet,just someone saying a source told him that Vita getting is a big IP, a game where you can jump.

but since we got that depressing Vita heaven two days ago,people can be so hyped for anything now.

zulux21

*remembers EDF pre-order fondly*

atlus isn't the publishers of EDF though, if it was a digital only game they would have clearly said that by now.

either way a summer 2013 release sounds good, it must mean it will release in japan and NA around the same time as it doesn't have a japan release date set yet.

is there a link!

Seems to point to a Batman Arkham spinoff Vita exclusive, along the lines of Assassins Creed 3 Liberation.

Warner did confirm another Batman is coming this fall, not from Rocksteady - so this rumor seems plausible

...and ignore Toto, it must be exceptionally chilly under his bridge tonight.

i kid about Toto

oldmario

Anyone know how big ragnarok odyssey is? might get it tomorrow if it's cheap since it releases here, also might be getting P4G on friday you guys better be right about it being good

zulux21

Anyone know how big ragnarok odyssey is? might get it tomorrow if it's cheap since it releases here, also might be getting P4G on friday you guys better be right about it being good

good is in the eye of the beholder. Most JRPG fans would agree persona 4 is good, but that doesn't mean everyone will find it good. The game has a lot of great mechanics that work well together to make a nice complete package... though it starts off rather slow/lacking any real player interaction for a while.

Fusebox

Banned
No Trials on the Aus store yet and Omg-Z still costs $4 and Lumines PS+ is supposed to go free today too but hasn't yet. :(

Graaaaace!!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I thought there was a lot of dislike in here about RO and it being repetitive and boring... *shrug*.

Vanquish is up via search, so MMX might be too.
Not sure about the Trials stuff.

Trials is up, with demo, for Vita at least:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...vita/cid=UP2081-PCSE00051_00-UTFPSVUS0MC70100

almost 7 am so I can't try the demo.

but that good thing.

more Vita games need demos.

Megaman is up on search, but not in the PS+ doohicker. So excited :)

well let hope Capcom throw MegaMan Powered Up on the store now.

Seems to point to a Batman Arkham spinoff Vita exclusive, along the lines of Assassins Creed 3 Liberation.

Warner did confirm another Batman is coming this fall, not from Rocksteady - so this rumor seems plausible

...and ignore Toto, it must be exceptionally chilly under his bridge tonight.

i kid about Toto

I haz a tent.

The framerate really chugs in Trials. Especially in the third stage of the demo.

woooha, so not only they cut almost everything from the track on Vita version but it still got frame drops too.

During the week of the Vita's first anniversary of release in America (at least the non First Edition Bundle versions), with today's game (Urban Trial Lifestyle), the Vita has reached 100 games. At least, 100 games in the PS Vita Games section of the Vita PSN store (I myself wouldn't include the AR games, but hey, Sony does).

I hope it's OK to post the list? A bit long...

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
WipEout 2048
Rayman Origins
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
Little Deviants
FIFA Soccer
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Super Stardust Delta
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Asphalt: Injection
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Escape Plan
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Ben 10: Galactic Racing
F1 2011
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Dynasty Warriors Next
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Army Corps of Hell
Touch my Katamari
Plants VS Zombies
PlayStation Vita: Cliff Diving
PlayStation Vita: Table Soccer
PlayStation Vita: Fireworks
Hustle Kings
Unit 13
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
MotorStorm RC
MLB 12: The Show
Reality Fighters
Ridge Racer
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted
The Pinball Arcade
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz
Stardone Extreme
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Mortal Kombat
Table Top Tanks
Resistance: Burning Skies
Pure Chess
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Gravity Rush
PulzAR
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Puddle
Foosball 2012
Sound Shapes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition
Madden NFL 13
Zen Pinball 2
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
FIFA 13
Table Ice Hockey
New Little King's Story
Spy Hunter
Retro City Rampage
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
SunFlowers
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Dokuro
Street Fighter X Tekken
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Orgarhythm
Frobisher Says!
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Ragnarok Odyssey
Smart As…
Lego The Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
When Vikings Attack!
Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declasified
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Persona 4: Golden
Sine Mora
Jet Set Radio
DJ MAX TECHNIKA TUNE
Uncharted: Fight for Fortune
Big Sky Infinity
Burn the Rope
Knytt Underground
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Jetpack Joyride
Chronovolt
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
escapeVektor
Let's Fish: Hooked On!
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Bentley's Hackpack
Ecolibrium
Alien Breed
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Urban Trial Lifestyle

Vita has no games? Vita has 100 games (assuming the list is correct?).

Top Bottom