• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Ponn

Banned
Well honestly since I really do want my Vita to replace my PS3 I would gladly take a Batman Arkham game for Vita. I would hope and pray for a duo pack special edition with both games for Vita, that would be awesome.

While were at it I would take a duo pack of the Transformers games to High Moon.

Ran rp

He clearly said before the level started he was going to say something that would hint at the game he was talking about, and put a heavy emphasis on the word Batman. Did say it was just a rumor but it came from a very trusted source.

Edit: Eeeeek top of the page. Get Urban Trials today and all the Euros get P4G. Also board the hype train we are 25 hours away from Kazwendayton.

I have a class that starts at 6. No hype train for me :C

But it is a game design class. Maybe I can convince my professor to let us watch the stream up to the actual reveal.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm not sure what that is, but there's a game called Tearaway coming out and that is a retail release. The only reason I can think of off the top of my head that somebody would think it's a PSN title is that they are stupid.

But, yeah, not sure what game you are referring to, though.

being digital only is normal these days and Sony should push it..it is the future,EDF went DD only,on PC many huge releases are going DD only on Steam.

I think DD only (at least in NA) for Tearaway might be a nice decision from Sony..well if they priced it right(aka not $40).

Yes...Yes...YES!

not if it is developed by Snazaru.

and honestly I want S.P on PS4.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
PSY・S;47937130 said:
I have a class that starts at 6. No hype train for me :C

But it is a game design class. Maybe I can convince my professor to let us watch the stream up to the actual reveal.

Merely a small obstacle, not a hindrance.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
PSY・S;47937307 said:
It's a four hour class though :( I wouldn't be able to see anything from the event until we take a break halfway through.

Aww eff it, I'm boarding!

if this was any other time before 2010 i would say no...but you're living in 2013! getting any info on the event during class is TOO easy not to board!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Zavvi dispatched my order today :) Now i just need to finish last two chapters in Resistance before it arrives.

It is amazing that P4G got released in Europe, but Arena is still missing in action.

anyway,yeah EuroVitaGAF(...this sound like a dance tv show) go and buy buy Persona 4 Golden, it's the JRPG of PS2 and the best game on Vita right now.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
if this was any other time before 2010 i would say no...but you're living in 2013! getting any info on the event during class is TOO easy not to board!

Getting info =! watching the real deal.

VanWinkle

being digital only is normal these days and Sony should push it..it is the future,EDF went DD only,on PC many huge releases are going DD only on Steam.

I think DD only (at least in NA) for Tearaway might be a nice decision from Sony..well if they priced it right(aka not $40).

Right, but digital only is not normal on Sony's big titles, so I think it's kind of dumb to think that it suddenly is because you don't like the look of the game.

Shoyz

DD-only is why I didn't even consider buying EDF, and would kill any chance of me buying Tearaway. Why restrict it unless a physical release is unviable?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Right, but digital only is not normal on Sony's big titles, so I think it's kind of dumb to think that it suddenly is because you don't like the look of the game.

...when and where I said it should be DD only because it look bad?

It's not about the look, it's about the genre, platformers/puzzles games just wont cut it nowdays as full-priced retail releases,DD is the way to go for the genre.

they need to go the Dokuro way with the game in the US, lower the price and throw it on PSN only.

DD-only is why I didn't even consider buying EDF, and would kill any chance of me buying Tearaway. Why restrict it unless a physical release is unviable?

EDF got priced stupidly wrong.

Ran rp

It's not about the look, it's about the genre, platformers/puzzles games just wont cut it nowdays as full-priced retail releases,DD is the way to go for the genre.

they need to go the Dokuro way with the game in the US, lower the price and throw it on PSN only.

It went from retail at $30 to DD only at $40 :\

VanWinkle

I don't think it's fair to compare Tearaway, a big 3D adventure, to Dokuro, a niche 2D sidescrolling puzzler.

Mokubba

Persona 4 is on it's way from Amazon.
Well done to all those who didn't import.

Also does anyone have any pics of the goodies in the Chinese new year Ice Silver bundle.

The Ice Silver Vita for this particular deal comes bundled with an 8G memory card and one item from the ‘Chinese New Year Lucky Bag‘, which could be:

When Vikings Attack Game
PSN USB 2.0 Drop
PlayStation ® Plus Limited Edition Carry Bag
LittleBigPlanet Red Packets
LittleBigPlanet 2013 Calendar

b2365a085e17d63eca2a46ad2bb8c6855fd4da4c

IceSilverVita-CNY2013-Banner-614x239.jpg

http://www.esperino.com/ice-silver-ps-vita-announced-for-asia-plus-chinese-new-year-specials-on-coloured-sony-console#.USP2c2fsLnh

Toma

I am shocked to say that I agree with this.

Toma

I don't think it's fair to compare Tearaway, a big 3D adventure, to Dokuro, a niche 2D sidescrolling puzzler.

Of course its not fair for Tearaway, but I think the general reception of 3D platformers is... wonky at best. I think it wont sell all that well as a full price release.

Toma

I'll agree, because I won't spend more than $15 on Tearaway regardless.
Especially if it's DD only. At least with a retail card, I can beat it then sell it.

It has a retail release.

you wont spend more than 15$ on tearaway?! well now i've heard everything...

Eh.. Similar boat here. Maybe not as strict, and I can see myself paying 20 or 25, but not 40 if it isnt a 90+ rated game with 20 hours of content.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
It has a retail release.

Eh.. Similar boat here. Maybe not as strict, and I can see myself paying 20 or 25, but not 40 if it isnt a 90+ rated game with 20 hours of content.

thats really interesting... i've been noticing a trend i feel like with not that many people being hyped for tearaway on Gaf... im shocked to say the least.

just the fact that vitamuffins arent looking forward to it tells me it's going to bomb...

personally i've stoked waaayyy more for it than sly 4

Toma

thats really interesting... i've been noticing a trend i feel like with not that many people being hyped for tearaway on Gaf... im shocked to say the least.

just the fact that vitamuffins arent looking forward to it tells me it's going to bomb...

Yeah, unfortunately that is my expectation as well. I mean I definitely would like to try it and the art style is cute as hell, but nothing about the game screamed at me in a way to justify spending 40$ for it atm.

I definitely want it to succeed though, and hope it gets terrific reviews so people pick it up. A lot of care seems to have gone into it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Yeah, unfortunately that is my expectation as well. I mean I definitely would like to try it and the art style is cute as hell, but nothing about the game screamed at me in a way to justify spending 40$ for it atm.

mm true true.. there hasnt been any info on it other than story and gameplay demo right??? no one has mentioned anything remotely close to game length?

Ran rp

personally i've stoked waaayyy more for it than sly 4

I'm personally happy that Mm are making it but from the moment I saw it I had "bomba" lingering in the back of my head. I don't think it's a "children's game", but I see it mostly appealing to children, and I don't see many children with Vitas. Any children, really.

Myshkin

Borderlands ? I remember gearbox was interesred if Sony paid for it.

I'm guessing Fallout: New Vita.

I be happy with anything that is not an action game. (But I don't mean something like Yoshi Goes to School*.)

* Don't bother googling it. I just made it up. But, in your heart, you know it exists.

I be happy with anything that is not an action game. (But I don't mean something like Yoshi Goes to School*.)

* Don't bother googling it. I just made it up. But, in your heart, you know it exists.

Oh my god if its fallout..

*goes into meltdown*

It has a retail release.

I know it has a retail release.
I was saying if Toto got his wish and it went to "cheaper and PSN only" that I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it. I paid $20 or less for almost all of my digital games and I don't really have plans to change that policy at this point.

Especially for a game that doesn't really interest me.
I'll strongly consider paying full retail for DD Texture Sacrifice, but I need Sony to release a bigger card before then.

*goes into meltdown*

Not really a Fallout fan, myself, but let me say, considering how poorly Fallout 3, Fallout:NV, and Skyrim run/ran on PS3, I cannot see them fitting it on to Vita competently.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

at first i thought that was the official name of the new Yoshi Yarn game... hah!

If we're getting more PC indie games on Vita, I'd love to see Awesomenauts. Although PS360 support for that has stopped so it seems doubtful.

And for my indie game longshot - Chivalry.

Considering that Sony send Notch a nice Vita package, and the fact that Minecraft has a fully functional mobile version as well as XBLA version, I'd say this is more than possible.

Wow - I never knew they did that. The Vita running Minecraft would be monumental, Jeb did say that they consider it a platform, that they would look into it after their exclusivity ran out on the 360 version. The fact that they even mentioned their exclusivity contract tells me that they're looking to jump to another platform, hopefully the Vita.

He made a jump and he said "sometime in this game you go flying like BATMAN" *wink*

Infamous! There is gliding off rooftops!

Hopefully it is an inFAMOUS deal, I really love that franchise and hope they do something new, even if it's a side-story with Zeke or something. I just hope it's something new and it causes a splash - if it's something from Bethesda I'll probably poop myself though - especially if it's Fallout. Lord knows it'll be a miracle if they can get it to run on the Vita though, they're notoriously bad at getting anything to run right, especially on Sony systems.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
only thing thats concerning with all the PC indie titles is that Sony will jack up their prices... and steam has spoiled us so so so much. ;__;

Ran rp

*goes into meltdown*

Maaaan. A proper Fallout on the Vita would be amazing. Plus the Wasteland would be creepy as hell at night and in dark places on the OLED.

I probably wouldn't play it but the Vita needs a survival horror title.

Hopefully it is an inFAMOUS deal, I really love that franchise and hope they do something new, even if it's a side-story with Zeke or something. I just hope it's something new and it causes a splash - if it's something from Bethesda I'll probably poop myself though - especially if it's Fallout. Lord knows it'll be a miracle if they can get it to run on the Vita though, they're notoriously bad at getting anything to run right, especially on Sony systems.

Oh god no.
I'm sick of inFAMOUS and Cole already. The first two games made travel so slow... and then the radical character redesign that got reversed... ugh.
Blood Festival got one thing right and that was the blood travel mechanic... but otherwise, I've played them all and I can't say I've been thinking "I need a new one of those". ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THE FAT ANNOYING ELVIS WANNABE. :p

only thing thats concerning with all the PC indie titles is that Sony will jack up their prices... and steam has spoiled us so so so much. ;__;

They will launch at full price for sure... but sony has been the best of the console makers with sales. It's just a matter of whether you're patient or not (i'm not).

Hotline Miami is gonna be $9.99, hopefully it'll have a PS+ discount too. That ain't too shabby for a cross-buy game.

EDIT: I should also point out that it's the publishers who sent their prices on PSN, not Sony. Although if Sony is moneyhatting indie games to Vita then maybe that would be different.

Top Bottom