• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

ZeroAKA

I've been busy for basically the whole day. Someone tell me what's going on with all of these third-party titles.

Edit: Top/middle of page recommendations... Get a 1-year subscription to PS+ while the "free 3 months" offer is still live. (Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is coming later today!)

I've been busy for basically the whole day. Someone tell me what's going on with all of these third-party titles.

Hotline Miami is coming out spring as a cross-buy game.

Talk of more PC indie titles coming to Vita, but we don't know what ones.

Possible Batman Arkham spin-off, and there was also a mention of Rainbow Six possibly happening.

Miami confirmed, Batman strongly hinted at by famousmortimer and no clue about Rainbow Six.

Someone else a while ago mentioned it, and famousmortimer mentioned it too.

Since Rainbow Six has been a no show on even the home consoles for a while I'd still not hold my breath, haha.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
PSY・S;47939728 said:
Hotline is confirmed, and a major third party game has been rumored by famousmortimer.

bigger on gaf than AC franchise but smaller sales... not a port.

edit: i honestly don't care what shooters/fps franchise comes to vita just give me something good.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Some of the other Indie stuff Famousmortimer mentioned really makes me excited. I can't wait to see what really happens.

Pretty safe bet that the indie stuff wont be announced tomorrow though unfortunately. That information just seems to trickle in occasionally.

Pretty safe bet that the indie stuff wont be announced tomorrow though unfortunately. That information just seems to trickle in occasionally.

Yeah I guess I should have said I am excited to see how those things pan out in the next coming months. I for one am not expecting many mentions of Indie stuff tomorrow outside of a "hey we got your indie games here" followed by a clip reel.

Famassu

There's too many pages I've missed, but what are you guys speculating about? o_O Fallout New Vita, Batman Arkham game on Vita and whatnot... did someone say/hint that some well regarded home console 3rd party franchise is coming to Vita?

EDIT: Ah, should've read to the end of the page. All is explained, or at least a little bit of it.

Shoyz

If we're getting more PC indie games on Vita, I'd love to see Awesomenauts. Although PS360 support for that has stopped so it seems doubtful.

And for my indie game longshot - Chivalry.

You weren't kidding about Awesomenauts. Gotta love how nearly half the roster is PC-exclusive despite the entire premise and existence of the game was for it to be a 'Console MOBA'.

ZeroAKA

If we do get those indie and major third-party titles at the PS Meeting, I'll be very happy. Until then, I'm not getting my hopes up for any worthwhile Vita game announcements.

Surprise me, Sony.

PSY・S;47940637 said:
Guys what if it's Half-Life 3.
Vita exclusive.

Ran rp

Holy crap at the new PS4 rumors.

Control the system from mobile devices (I'm assuming Vita will be included) and local network play via the Vita. I think this means full remote-play integration?

Oh god no.
I'm sick of inFAMOUS and Cole already. The first two games made travel so slow... and then the radical character redesign that got reversed... ugh.
Blood Festival got one thing right and that was the blood travel mechanic... but otherwise, I've played them all and I can't say I've been thinking "I need a new one of those". ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THE FAT ANNOYING ELVIS WANNABE. :p

:( Why you hate Zeke so much... I liked him a lot as a character. I just wish they would continue the franchise or something. What if Sucker Punch was tasked to making that spin off, whatever it is? Still I hope it's something at least big enough to get the Vita some good attention.

:( Why you hate Zeke so much... I liked him a lot as a character. I just wish they would continue the franchise or something. What if Sucker Punch was tasked to making that spin off, whatever it is? Still I hope it's something at least big enough to get the Vita some good attention.

Yeah, attention is good, no matter how much I hate Zeke. If getting a quality portable inFAMOUS will sell the unit and grow the userbase, that's great, do it up.

PSY・S;47940893 said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514266

From the original source of the next-gen consoles' codenames.

Well, if that's true, already dead hype is now in negative.
It's a big feature that I can use a tablet or smartphone to use PSN? Xbox-Live already has this.
It want to use the included PS Eye so people can watch me play and I can watch them play? What the hell?
Now you're going to charge me for most of PSN's features? Get the fuck out of here. If true, especially if it's required for playing online, combined with the rumoured console price, and I might as well build a gaming PC and just play what I own on steam and get everything new via Steam sales.

Ran rp

Yeah, attention is good, no matter how much I hate Zeke. If getting a quality portable inFAMOUS will sell the unit and grow the userbase, that's great, do it up.

- It's a big feature that I can use a tablet or smartphone to use PSN? Xbox-Live already has this.
- It want to use the included PS Eye so people can watch me play and I can watch them play? What the hell?
- Now you're going to charge me for PSN? Get the fuck out of here. If true, added to the console price, and I might as well build a gaming PC.

I read it as this:

- This would be amazing since the Vita could get console-wide remote-play.
- I thought it was watching people's gameplay, NOT their camera feeds. Kind of like what Onlive does.
- If this is real then I think that the online would be free but all the extras would be locked behind the revamped PS+, which is pretty much the case already with PS+ now.

I imagine basic online play with still be free on PSN - they can't suddenly start charging for it on Vita, for one thing.

It sounds like they're just rebranding PS+ and Gaikai streaming will only be available with that subscription, which is fair enough really.

think plus subs will transfer over into world subs?
Since they stack and some people have stacked theirs for years to come, I would really hope so.

Famassu

Not sure if you understood anything right...

It's a big feature that I can use a tablet or smartphone to use PSN? Xbox-Live already has this.
I'm pretty sure they meant you can control PS4 itself with mobile devices (perhaps not play games, but maybe browse the net, play movies, write messages)

It want to use the included PS Eye so people can watch me play and I can watch them play? What the hell?
That sounded kind of vague... What it says first does sound like that, but then it talks about how you can do this "even if you don't own the game", so it makes me think you can watch someone play whatever GAME they are playing (not them playing the game). But then, why on Earth would you need PS Eye for it?

Now you're going to charge me for most of PSN's features? Get the fuck out of here. If true, especially if it's required for playing online, combined with the rumoured console price, and I might as well build a gaming PC and just play what I own on steam and get everything new via Steam sales.
Well, I'm hoping that with "most", they mean all the extra fluff (save clouds, automatic updates etc.), not the basic stuff that is free now.

Besides, some of the details sound strange. Like how there's this thing called PlayStation World, but how would it "replace" PlayStation+ when PS+ is a kind of digital game "rental" subscription thingie and not the whole PSN service. Shouldn't it replace PSN?

PSY・S;47941382 said:
I read it as this:

- This would be amazing since the Vita could get console-wide remote-play.
- I thought it was watching people's gameplay, NOT their camera feeds. Kind of like what Onlive does.
- If this is real then I think that the online would be free but all the extras would be locked behind the revamped PS+, which is pretty much the case already with PS+ now.

It's possible, but the way it's worded has it just so that you can log into your console from anywhere, buy things, and have it queue and download them or send messages to people on your friends list.

Why would a PS Eye be required to watch gameplay? If they're streaming, that's just a matter of uploading the stream, you don't need an actual camera for that. So I'm guessing it's you can watch a stream of someone playing their games, like facetime of someone while they're playing. Creepy.

And yeah, maybe they will. Maybe only "new" features will be locked behind the pay sub... but when it says "most" that's a red flag.

Not sure if you understood anything right...

I'm pretty sure they meant you can control PS4 itself with mobile devices (perhaps not play games, but maybe browse the net, play movies, write messages)

That sounded kind of vague... What it says first does sound like that, but then it talks about how you can do this "even if you don't own the game", so it makes me think you can watch someone play whatever GAME they are playing (not them playing the game). But then, why on Earth would you need PS Eye for it?

Well, I'm hoping that with "most", they mean all the extra fluff (save clouds, automatic updates etc.), not the basic stuff that is free now.

Besides, some of the details sound strange. Like how there's this thing called PlayStation World, but how would it "replace" PlayStation+ when PS+ is a kind of digital game "rental" subscription thingie and not the whole PSN service. Shouldn't it replace PSN?

Given Sony's track record, my gut goes to the "worst case" and "stupidity apparent" interpretations of vague statements.
You'll see in the above comments that I agree with you on parts 2 and 3.
And about the "controlling it from a tablet or smartphone" -- I still don't care -- the functionality they're touting in the quote/blurb is what you can do on live.xbox.com right now, save for turning the console on -- buy games and have them queue for download, message back and forth with friends, etc. About the only other hype I could see here would be if you could use your iPad or Kindle Fire or whatever a screen a la the WiiU gamepad so you could play on the tablet while someone else watches TV. It would be awkward to set that up though; the best case here being remote play of everything on Vita... but we don't know what that means yet either.

Ran rp

It's possible, but the way it's worded has it just so that you can log into your console from anywhere, buy things, and have it queue and download them or send messages to people on your friends list.

Why would a PS Eye be required to watch gameplay? If they're streaming, that's just a matter of uploading the stream, you don't need an actual camera for that. So I'm guessing it's you can watch a stream of someone playing their games, like facetime of someone while they're playing. Creepy.

And yeah, maybe they will. Maybe only "new" features will be locked behind the pay sub... but when it says "most" that's a red flag.

"our source says that every PS4 will come with a PlayStation Eye; that a new spectating feature will let you watch other friends play games from your console's dashboard, even when you don't own the game they're playing; and that the console will support local network play via Vita."

It looks like they were just stating features in one sentence and they aren't related.

zulux21

think plus subs will transfer over into world subs?

if such a thing exists then most likely.

I personally have major problems believing a rumor that is telling me details like price and a change to online features but can't actually do better than tell me the name should be announced tomorrow.

If you have that much information, no doubt you know what they are planning on calling the thing.

plus it's a kotaku report... I have problems believing anything they say anymore.

sajj316

A little off topic but ...

So I just offered Yoshida a round or two of beers and dinner on me in the city. Thinking Del Friscos steakhouse. You think he's a taker :)

That would make my year. Ask him directly about the Vita. Also ask him why he blocked Sid and Hanmik on twitter :p

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
A little off topic but ...

So I just offered Yoshida a round or two of beers and dinner on me in the city. Thinking Del Friscos steakhouse. You think he's a taker :)

That would make my year. Ask him directly about the Vita. Also ask him why he blocked Sid and Hanmik on twitter :p

i like the way you think my man bring him to Cheetahs after. I'll join.

edit: how possible is it that the lack of vita software/news is due to the fact that it is so tightly knitted around ps4... zero? thought so.

RoKKeR

My one hope for tomorrow is that they announce, through the Gaikai streaming deal, that you can stream PS4 games to your Vita over WiFi. That would sell me instantly on a PS4. That's what personally is most appealing to me about the WiiU, and I really hope Sony takes advantage of the Vita in this case.

And even if we don't get that, we need the Vita to have some form of functionality with the PS4. If the Vita does not play into the PS4 at all then I fear for the worst, honestly. But I trust Sony not to fuck us over that much.

Top Bottom