• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

zulux21

I see, thank you. Have you written up your Persona 4 Golden thing yet?

yup posted my first look review of persona 4 yesterday... I was getting some feedback from people I know before I posted it here to make sure I didn't screw up anything, but no one has said anything so here :p hopefully you find it to be an interesting read ^^ (note it's kind of long since i cover a lot of the gameplay mechanics)

Oh wow,

If your a plus member in Europe, liberation is 30% off!

Decent discount, but it's still £28. D:

Word on HUKD is GAME are selling second hand copies of AC Lib for £18. I'm not sure if that's nationwide, though. :/

EDIT: Both PS3 and Vita demos for Sly 4 are on EU store now, too.

kiyomi

yup posted my first look review of persona 4 yesterday... I was getting some feedback from people I know before I posted it here to make sure I didn't screw up anything, but no one has said anything so here :p hopefully you find it to be an interesting read ^^ (note it's kind of long since i cover a lot of the gameplay mechanics)

Ah, nicely done. :) You certainly covered the actual mechanics well. Completely agree with your complaint about the lack of tapping to move dialogue forward, it seems really weird they didn't include that. Also read your Baccano! piece. Baccano brofist.gif

tamaster92 said:
Edit: for new page ac:l is currently 30% off or plus members in the eu

Its' original price was kinda silly though. From my wallet's perspective, the money off just brings it more in line with what it should've been in the first place - £29.99.

zulux21

Ah, nicely done. :) You certainly covered the actual mechanics well. Completely agree with your complaint about the lack of tapping to move dialogue forward, it seems really weird they didn't include that. Also read your Baccano! piece. Baccano brofist.gif

yeah i know tapping to advance the text shouldn't be a big deal to me, but it really just feels like an oversight with all the little changes they made lol.

Baccano is a lot of fun... they need to animate some more of the books already :/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Urban Trials (demo) is bad,very so horribly bad,broken physics and awful controls,I mean goddamn it sucks.

and VitaGAF people in this thread were attacking me very hard in the past week for just doubting the game and the studio (who have a shitty track record full of shovelwares).

Urban Trials (demo) is bad,very so horribly bad,broken Physics and awful controls,I mean goddamn it sucks.

and VitaGAF People in this thread were attacking me very hard in the past week for just doubting the developer (who have shitty track record full of shovelwares).

Considering you are the ONLY person who thinks that then whatever toto. Just hating on a game to troll/seem cool/whatever again.

Urban Trials (demo) is bad,very so horribly bad,broken physics and awful controls,I mean goddamn it sucks.

and VitaGAF people in this thread were attacking me very hard in the past week for just doubting the game and the studio (who have a shitty track record full of shovelwares).

Incorrect.

I will look forward to playing this demo when I can, then.

Ohnonono

Lordy you hate everything!

Considering you are the ONLY person who thinks that then whatever toto. Just hating on a game to troll/seem cool/whatever again.
He's not the only person who thinks the demo is horrible.

You realize that it isn't developed by the same guys behind Trails HD/Evolution right?

Just tried the demo, and it's horrible.

Negatives I found:

- Physics are off
- Framerate is usually around 20fps
- Allows for bike customization
- L doesn't reverse as well as brake.

And unless there was a tidal wave of positivity on this last page, then the above post isn't exactly an outlier since response was tepid at best last night.

For the record, toto is right. The game is fundamentally broken.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

utilize the ignore list function. it's done wonders for totos and my relationship. infact i stress this to every gaffer who toto pesters ( you still get to see what he says when people quote him)...

he is allowed to not like trials... every game is always mixed reviews here... so let people have their opinions..

on a vita related note: i was reading that Eurogamer article "Everything we know about ps4" - still technically 'rumor' but it was nice to hear how confident they are about vita and ps4 being closely tied to eachother.

on a psn note: tried Maverick Hunter... that first level seems a little janky. i had no idea though that it would follow the boss level structure. looking forward to getting into some MM. hope it holds up to the orig MMs. the 3Dness of it throws me off a bit...

And unless there was a tidal wave of positivity on this last page, then the above post isn't exactly an outlier since response was tepid at best last night.

Half those 'bad points' aren't actually true.

And yes, almost everyone who has posted about it said it was good. Not amazing like trials evo ill stress, but still good and easily good enough to buy for the cheap price it is.

Also I can't block toto it won't work on my iPhone for some reason :(

Ponn

Banned

Now now Toto lets be fair here. You get railed for doing a lot more then just hating on one game. You like hate, everything. Just chill out and play a nice calm game of P3P.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

well not the only one it seems.

I don't think it's 'bad', but it's certainly a poor man's Trials.

You realize that it isn't developed by the same guys behind Trails HD/Evolution right?

Just tried the demo, and it's horrible.

Negatives I found:

- Physics are off
- Framerate is usually around 20fps
- Allows for bike customization
- L doesn't reverse as well as brake.

Yeah it's pretty average so far. I couldn't believe L and R weren't the default brake/gas buttons. I knew it wasn't from the Red Lynx guys but that didn't dissuade me from wanting some TrialsHD-esque gameplay on my Vita.

Oh well, it cost about the same as a couple drinks at the bar so maybe I can squeeze some fun out of it after digging into it.

Anyone buy the PS3 version as well? Curious how that one rolls.

Yup.

sometimes I think people will defend bad games in this thread just because "Evil Totobeni" said something about them.

Both!

I haven't played Urban Trials yet, but Alien Breed is a blast and has full online/ad-hoc co-op. It's also actually cross-buy. ;)

Someone else will sell you on Urban Trials.

Ok cool. Thanks! I will buy it.
3AQmK.gif

well not the only one it seems.

Again, half those points are actually lies.

The controls ARE l+r by default. That's what I used without changing any settings. And L does brake AND reverse. I've done that enough times xD

Plus how is bike customisation a negaTive? Both actual trials game also do that.

From what I've played so far yeah, the fps does dip someone's at the very start of a level but only the first run and it's for about a couple of seconds.

AwRy108

So 1 is better then. Is there a sale coming up for that like what Massa hinted at? I assume he didn't mean 2 since that was just reduced to $10, it'd be strange to have a sale right after that. But I just looked and 1 isn't even on the PS store as a download.

VC 1 has a better story; VC 2 has better gameplay in terms portability, customization, and depth. The story isn't "bad" in VC 2, it's just very rote and rather juvenile, whereas the story in VC 1 had a much more serious tone to it.

IMHO, VC 2 is an absolute steal for $20, especially if you were a fan of the original's gameplay. If you're the kind of person who really likes the most bang for your buck, VC 2 will make you one happy gamer.

AwRy108

Yeah,it's really bad.

was the Vita version a port from the 3DS version? it really look like if it was made for a weaker hardware.

Plays perfectly, has terrific online integration, and is only $8. Can't win them all, which I'm sure you'll b*tch about ;-)

Also, if the game were actually on the 3DS, Nintendo would have priced it 2x or 3x higher and the online features would be non-existent.

What's the PS3 version of Urban Trials like? Still that shitty frame rate?

Haven't tried it myself but from reviews it basically an upgraded version, so better visuals, more going on in the tracks and yes better frame rate, 60fps was mentioned but obviously I don't know so for quote me on that

Sanic racing dlc too,

Any impressions?

Edit: for new page ac:l is currently 30% off or plus members in the eu

The Outrun Bay track is not very interesting (from what little I remember). I think it was just a straightaway on the beach with a few jumps, and then a straightaway on the water with some jumps--it seemed lazy to me, at the time (this was awhile ago so it's hard to remember). I played it once, then never cared enough to do so again.

If you REALLY like Metal Sonic, then I guess it's worth it to drive as him?

Also, a key bit is that Outrun Bay isn't played in online matchmaking. You can only play it locally and in custom online games.

breakfuss

Got a $10 PSN msg, as I'm sure you guys have already discussed. No...$20 vita referral credit, though (or even confirmation that it went through). :(. I'm fearing I did something wrong. Anyway, hopefully Stardust Delta goes on sale next week because I wants it in mah life! But, predictably, Journey, Walking Dead and blahblahblah will win the vote.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
A little help/advice here guys..

02/20/2013 08:23 Out for Delivery
02/19/2013 11:29 Received at Operations Facility
02/16/2013 15:24 Forwarded to -

^that Sly's Shitty friends in time ,hopefully I get it in few mins.

thinking of keeping the Vita version for my lil niece(will get her a PSN account and Vita in April) do you think the game is good for 13 years old girl who never played a Sly game before?

Derrick01

Banned
VC 1 has a better story; VC 2 has better gameplay in terms portability, customization, and depth. The story isn't "bad" in VC 2, it's just very rote and rather juvenile, whereas the story in VC 1 had a much more serious tone to it.

IMHO, VC 2 is an absolute steal for $20, especially if you were a fan of the original's gameplay. If you're the kind of person who really likes the most bang for your buck, VC 2 will make you one happy gamer.

Alright you convinced me to get it now. It's $10 too so it's an even better deal :)

Top Bottom