• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Tizoc

A little help/advice here guys..

^that Sly's Shitty friends in time ,hopefully I get it in few mins.

thinking of keeping the Vita version for my lil niece(will get her a PSN account and Vita in April) do you think the game is good for 13 years old girl who never played a Sly game before?

Umm you mostly play as Sly and a Cooper ancestor 80% of the time.

kiyomi

I wasn't even aware of this, but I just noticed in the store that both Growlanser and Gungnir are available to download on the EU store. Did I miss the announcement that they were coming to the EU today or something? That's a couple more RPGs I need to buy :x

I wasn't even aware of this, but I just noticed in the store that both Growlanser and Gungnir are available to download on the EU store. Did I miss the announcement that they were coming to the EU today or something? That's a couple more RPGs I need to buy :x

I thought they were added like last week? I think I remember seeing them in the store update.

So do we think that the (possible) price drop this afternoon is going to come with something for us "early adopters" like the 3DS did? 20 games? Maybe a year of plus or something?

Jamix012

So do we think that the (possible) price drop this afternoon is going to come with something for us "early adopters" like the 3DS did? 20 games? Maybe a year of plus or something?

20 games? Not a chance. They might give us a token prize, perhaps another $10 on PSN if we're really lucky.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Everyone prepared for the disappointment that is going to be the no-show and no-mention of Vita today? ;p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is the full game for Urban Trials better than the demo?

Fun/Size/Price ratio value of 9/10:
3P4tfuR.png

Fantastic game. No clue what the demo contained but the later levels get way harder and more varied + the friend leaderboards system makes replaying really addicting.

Toma

It's only being sent out through the PS3's messaging system.

Oh wow, thanks for telling me. Didnt even notice that since I have a dedicated PS3 account and a dedicated Vita account.

Munin

I have to say I am a bit disappointed regarding how PSP games look on the Vita...I played Trails in the Sky and Maverick Hunter X now, and well...any 2D elements look blurry and any 3D elements look super jaggy. With bilinear filtering off it's even worse. Now I make it sound way worse than it is, I mean they look completely playable and as one would normally expect.

But before getting a Vita, I always read countless posts on GAF about this or that PSP game looking "amazing" on the Vita, so I can't but help feel a bit let down. :/

I have to say I am a bit disappointed regarding how PSP games look on the Vita...I played Trails in the Sky and Maverick Hunter X now, and well...any 2D elements look blurry and any 3D elements look super jaggy. With bilinear filtering off it's even worse. Now I make it sound way worse than it is, I mean they look completely playable and as one would normally expect.

But before getting a Vita, I always read countless posts on GAF about this or that PSP game looking "amazing" on the Vita, so I can't but help feel a bit let down. :/

Go play it on a psp and you'll see why we say it looks amazing :)

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Pixels getting blown up. It's 4 times exactly the res of a PSP, but of course that means each pixel is 4 time as big.

I really like the super fast refresh rate of the Vita screen for PSP games, but yeah, they look better on a 3000 or a Go to me.

zulux21

Not only should you not expect it, I really don't see any reason why sony should even remotely be expected to do something like that.

The 3ds ambassador thing was an attempt to save face in the fact they were doing a huge desperation price cut months after the launch.

Despite the sales figures the PSV price drop isn't in any way some sort of desperation move, it's the norm. A price drop around a year into the life of a console is how it's been done for a while as that is about the time it would typically take to reduce the cost of making that console by 15-20% so they can sell it at the lower price without losing to much. The main reason the 3ds was able to get such a big price cut so quickly is because nintendo had a huge mark up on the thing from the start as their research showed people would be willing to pay that much for it, but when push came to shove they didn't likely partially because the PSV showed what $250 could actually buy handheld wise.

Personally I think sony waiting this long to cut the price to the vita has been in their best interest. It gets much harder to get people on board with early buys if your history shows you will do a big price cut 3-5 months after the system releases. While the 3ds price cut really helped the 3ds, in the long run it might be part of the reason the wiiu is struggling as a lot of people are expecting it to get a price cut quickly if it struggles so they took a wait and see approach. Sony has at least shown that even if the ps4 comes out of the gate at a crawl you likely won't see a price cut until a year after the release.

Pimpbaa

PSP games on Vita are pixel perfect. Every pixel in a PSP game is represented by 4 pixels exactly. Things look jaggy because PSP resolution is very low and the Vita's screen is much bigger than the PSP's.

Noi

On the flipside, there's a ton of slowdown on the PSP UMD that is completely gone on the Vita. The UMD crawled to a halt during the DANGER boss intros, let alone in-combat. It's night and day.

(Dunno if PSP digital runs as well).

VanWinkle

PSP games look great on the Vita because of the massive improvement in screen quality over the PSP. It shouldn't look blurrier or more jaggy than the PSP other than the slight increase in screen size, since the games are replicated perfectly (Vita screen is four times the resolution, and thus each PSP game pixel uses four Vita screen pixels).

Urban Trial Freestyle is fun. I'm glad its not $15 though. $10, or $8 in case of PS+, is more reasonable since it doesn't seem to have as much content as a $15 game like Trials Evolution does. I'm happy with the purchase though. I just wish it looked a little better. Seems to not be native res, unfortunately, and it does have some slowdown. Its clear that the engine was not optimized well enough for the Vita, but this is not to say it looks BAD by any means.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Why does the main character from VC2 remind me of this guy?

gamepro5.gif

And I can't wait to read Derrick's bitchposts about the stupid anime between levels. I really think he should've started with VC1.

crinale

weird, spike chunsoft must be running a charity to make dr3 for vita without sony doing the anime

I don't really think so, considering that the cost to make DR3 PSP game or PSV game won't be so much different (I'm just guessing here).
After what-so-called Vita Heaven 2 Spike Chunsoft tweeted to fans to ensure they didn't miss DR tease at the very end, and it fired up DR fans in Japan.

Then I came to GAF and saw everyone saying not a single game was shown so I was puzzled because the "tease" was rather bold (they didn't even hide the character in silhouette). After I found out it wasn't localized to the Western market then I figured that no one here even recognized that new title was teased after all...

Derrick01

Banned
Why does the main character from VC2 remind me of this guy?

gamepro5.gif

And I can't wait to read Derrick's bitchposts about the stupid anime between levels. I really think he should've started with VC1.

It's not really an option right now. I don't have a ton of money to spend on anything but upcoming games and a used copy at gamestop was $25, which is ridiculous for a game that old.

It's true I do despise anime bullshit though. It makes me cringe more than anything else can.

Whats with this $10 credit? I want one... I've had my PS3 and Vita since there launch and I have spent crazy amounts on money on PSN over the years... :(

a $10 game recommendation for me? (PSone/PSP/Vita)

I would say hold off a little to see what games win on the PSN voting thing.

Top Bottom