• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Already have that abomination on a UMD.

and it's $20.

Powerstone? :/

mmmmm...was fun on Dreamcast, isn't outdated as hell now? how is the PSP version?

What kind of thing are you after? I read so much about games you don't like that I don't really know what you do actually like, other than P4G. :p

I like almost every thing/every genre.

already own all the Patapons.

sad that we'll never ever get a sequel.

Valkyria Chronicles 2?

Sorry,can't do..Still boycotting Betrayal Chronicles 2 since the series should've stayed on PS3.

also isn't it a way inferior game than the original?

Threads of fate.

interesting,it's like a Secret of Mana clone right? I used to like Secret of Mana.

Dino Crisis or Dino Crisis 2

have them already.

I would say hold off a little to see what games win on the PSN voting thing.

iirc that already happened?

thank you guys..will flip a coin between Powerstone port and the Mana clone.

Cha

Just checked out Patapon3, and it looks pretty cool.
I want to try it, but having never actually played a Patapon game before, do you guys think it's imperative that I start with the first Patapon, or can just jump straight into Patapon3?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I want to try it, but having never actually played a Patapon game before, do you guys think it's imperative that I start with the first Patapon, or can just jump straight into Patapon3?

Doesnt matter which one.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Threads of Fate is mediocre. It's better older brother (Musashi) isn't on PSN, so go for Powerstone.

Powerstone it is then.

Thanks.

Just skip the first two and get the 3rd one.

<3

I can't hate you siddy-chan

Shai-Tan

Banned
I have to say I am a bit disappointed regarding how PSP games look on the Vita...I played Trails in the Sky and Maverick Hunter X now, and well...any 2D elements look blurry and any 3D elements look super jaggy. With bilinear filtering off it's even worse. Now I make it sound way worse than it is, I mean they look completely playable and as one would normally expect.

But before getting a Vita, I always read countless posts on GAF about this or that PSP game looking "amazing" on the Vita, so I can't but help feel a bit let down. :/

Yeah, the psp 3000 screen isn't that great but I prefer to play on it over the Vita based on the simple fact that it's displaying the game in native resolution. And when I play ps1 games it's in fixed pixel not upscaled which obviously would look tiny on a Vita screen. Still, they look OK on the Vita. The one big advantage to having both is I always have a game on suspend on the PSP, whereas I'm playing 3+ games every day on the Vita - it makes it easier to pick up and play the PSP games I have mid level - at least until the Vita gets memory save states to make switching games easier.

VanWinkle

Does the full version of Trials run better than the demo? Feels like it runs at 10 FPS from time to time and that's a no-go.

Seems to run well. Doesn't really have all that much slowdown. I haven't noticed it to the extent of it hampering my enjoyment of the game.

Derrick01

Banned
Wait you can do an install of VC2 on the Vita? Does it actually help at all? I would think whatever optimizations it has would be meant for PSP.

I do think starting with patapon 3 would make it harder to go back and play the first 2, as there's more content in the 3rd than the others.

The story isn't something that really matters in those games so don't be concerned over that.

Shoyz

I'd say play them in order, they all have their ups and downs, Patapon 3 is arguably inferior in some aspects. Especially since, if I remember correctly, Patapon 1 is a lot harder, 2 having a difficulty selection.

And while it isn't that important, the game does technically have a continuing storyline.

The third Patapon has really odd difficulty spikes and is a kind of bloated game. I'd recommend starting with the first or second game.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I never got into Patapon 1 because there was a difficulty spike early on and it seemed like it wanted me to grind to beat the level.

Man I would so buy Diablo 3 on vita...

I'd much rather have Warrior's Lair be finished. Diablo 3 was a pretty big letdown imo. I'd also rather have Minecraft, but that's just me :p

Ugh I'm stuck in class until 4 or 5 ... really scared I'm gonna miss the beginning of the stream. I'm going to try rushing to get out of here so I can make it home in time - I want to see this first hand and witness Gaf's reaction to stuff. I think I'll just hide in here instead of the main threads because those scare me ;(

I'd much rather have Warrior's Lair be finished. Diablo 3 was a pretty big letdown imo. I'd also rather have Minecraft, but that's just me :p

Ugh I'm stuck in class until 4 or 5 ... really scared I'm gonna miss the beginning of the stream. I'm going to try rushing to get out of here so I can make it home in time - I want to see this first hand and witness Gaf's reaction to stuff. I think I'll just hide in here instead of the main threads because those scare me ;(

I agree!

Warriors lair always interested me with the idea that you sort of made your own dungeon too. It's a cool multiplayer idea

zulux21

I really don't see the point to rush home to see Gaf's reaction... the reaction is obvious what it will be...

The site will crash an no one will be able to react at all... gaf hasn't stood up well against medium news things since I joined here regularly I can't imagine they will survive a big one like this lol.

Shoyz

You guys figure it's worth it to play the first Atelier game on PS3 for when 2Plus comes out? Unless they might re-do the first afterwards somehow.

I agree!

Warriors lair always interested me with the idea that you sort of made your own dungeon too. It's a cool multiplayer idea

Yeah I really loved the idea of building your own dungeon, having other people challenge it. It added an awesome social/competitive/sim aspect to it.

++. Literally just said this to someone when talking about the news.

It's one of my most anticipated Vita games and we dunno if it's even still alive or not. Such a shame if they scrapped it :\

I really don't see the point to rush home to see Gaf's reaction... the reaction is obvious what it will be...

The site will crash an no one will be able to react at all... gaf hasn't stood up well against medium news things since I joined here regularly I can't imagine they will survive a big one like this lol.

I just want to be a part of it :p You're right though, Gaf will probably go down. I'm wondering how the streams will survive too @_@

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
very little interest of diablo 3 on my vita.... having it on my PC is enough.

kill it with fire

did we know The Room was coming to vita?

zulux21

You guys figure it's worth it to play the first Atelier game on PS3 for when 2Plus comes out? Unless they might re-do the first afterwards somehow.

If the idea of micromanaging your time between farming items and making items to meet repeated deadlines seems like something you will really enjoy then yes (I enjoyed rorona and that doesn't sound great to me)

in general though totori is just the better game, doesn't have any real strong ties to the first game, and in general was easier to get into. My time with rorona was basically spent in 2 hour bursts where I would do one task and put it down for a week, Totori I actually played in long bursts because i had more freedom.

Not advisable from my perspective. Most of what's in there isn't worth owning or is probably already owned by those who want it. :)

I'm hoping sound shapes wins since I don't own that...

Strike me down now for not owning sound shapes already

Will buy any of the 3 of the classics that are up for vote though

I'm hoping sound shapes wins since I don't own that...

Strike me down now for not owning sound shapes already

Will buy any of the 3 of the classics that are up for vote though

The only possible thing I'd buy from a resulting sale would be PASBR if the digital PS3 version was $20 or less for PS+ members. Highly unlikely that it wins. More unlikely that the discount is that heavy.

Top Bottom