• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

There's also an important distinction between Japanese releases and Asia releases (Hong Kong). From what I've read, the games themselves should be interchangeable and compatible on either marketplace when it comes to DLC /when the Asia release is in full Japanese/, but if the Asia release is in English/Chinese/etc, it won't be compatible (only with the Hong Kong PSN in that case, I imagine). Asia releases are typically quite a bit cheaper as well ($60 vs $80 from what I've seen). As long as they're both strict Japanese releases, the only differences should be on the box-art and possibly the inserts (the Asia releases have no CERO rating, or any rating whatsoever).

An important distinction for me personally as I was planning on sticking with Asia releases for the cheaper costs of import, and I was unsure if I was better off making a Hong Kong account (for more guaranteed support with any DLC I get with a game or decide to buy, as well as cheaper prices for DLC on both stores), or a Japanese account (which would likely have better availability on the marketplace, Project Diva for instance I've heard is interchangeable but the HK market is missing DLC releases). Think I'm going to go with a Japanese account just to have the larger selection overall, and in regards to Asian imports, I just need to make sure they're full-Japanese before buying to know it'll (most likely) be compatible.

The only HK/Asia releases that differs from the Japanese releases are:

- Everybody Golf 6
- Nikoli's games (I think there is only one retail game, all others are PSN)
- Shinobido 2

There is a chinese version of Persona 4 Golden, but I am not sure if it is compatible or not with the Japanese release (no DLC althought).

And the HK releases have a rating icon as well, but of course it is not the CERO one.

Genki

Cool. Bought Lumines and haven't played it yet, so that's a bit of knock, but Wipeout is one of the games I was hoping for, and Lumines is a great incentive for others.

SxP

Is the Lumines save data compatible between the cart and digital versions? Because if it is, I'll download it and put the cart back in the box. I got a 32gb memory card so I don't care. Don't feel like unlocking those skins again if it isn't though.

ZeroAKA

Those EU PS+ freebies are amazing. Will US PS+ members get more worthwhile Vita games in February too, or are we still stuck with games like Foosball?

Carl

Is the Lumines save data compatible between the cart and digital versions? Because if it is, I'll download it and put the cart back in the box. I got a 32gb memory card so I don't care. Don't feel like unlocking those skins again if it isn't though.

If you have PS+ (I assume you do seeing as you're asking :p) upload your Lumines save data to the cloud. Delete your bubble for the physical game. Then download the free Lumines and download your save data. Should work :)

bradigor

Great news!

The only thing stopping me playing Lumines more is having to put in a cart. It is thesort of game that needs to be sat there on the memory card waiting.

I can sell my retail carts and put towards a 32GB card.

Great news!

The only thing stopping me playing Lumines more is having to put in a cart. It is thesort of game that needs to be sat there on the memory card waiting.

I can sell my retail carts and put towards a 32GB card.

This, I have the cart version but rarely put it in the slot. I've a 32 and 16GB card so more than enough room for Lumines. Already got WipEout with my 3G Vita but still not complaining about this update.

Sintoid

If you have PS+ (I assume you do seeing as you're asking :p) upload your Lumines save data to the cloud. Delete your bubble for the physical game. Then download the free Lumines and download your save data. Should work :)

It works, you can do it manually too via PC Content Manager

namDa65

killzone mercenary looks dope.

ok, P4 just annoyed the shit out of me. 20 minutes boss battle, the guys almost dead. My party is at full hp. He does this
"ghostly wail"
and one hits my main character so I had to redo that shit all over.

Granted, I beat him after, but still WTF! Still a great game, but what a pain in the ass.....

SxP

It works, you can do it manually too via PC Content Manager

Thanks for the answers. I was just wondering since there are PS3 retail games with save games that are incompatible with the digital versions.

Scrabble

How well supported is psn and specifically ps1 classics for vita? I've been wanting to go through and play all the classic jrpg's I've never got to. Chrono Trigger, all the Final Fantasy's and many others and figured a vita would be a good place to start. Is it well supported? Do they just fine on vita?

zulux21

How well supported is psn and specifically ps1 classics for vita? I've been wanting to go through and play all the classic jrpg's I've never got to. Chrono Trigger, all the Final Fantasy's and many others and figured a vita would be a good place to start. Is it well supported? Do they just fine on vita?

it's this supported

the ones that run run very well in general, likely the best way to play ps1 games on the go hands down.

Oh man Disgaea 3 is fun and quirky.

i need to get around to finishing persona 4 already so I can burn through the story of disgaea 3 and play the DLC that I have never played before.

Rasec

Good psn+ offers in february but still i already have those games xD
Well another month i won't subscribe to plus.
It would be cool if blazblue or street figther x tekken gets on plus one day. *__*

VanWinkle

Wipeout and Lumines for EU? Very nice. Would love if us in NA got Lumines. We'll see. Doubting it, lol.

Edit: Where's Toma been, btw?

zulux21

You will get free DLC for Table Ice Hockey and you will deal.

and I would be equally as indifferent to getting that as I would be to getting sleeping dogs :p

personally I am hoping for some ps1 classics for the vita. I'd be quite content if all I got from plus for the vita for the next few months was the ps1 classic JRPGs lol.

Hey,

whats a good guide for swapping regions on the vita? so what do I do? Get another memstick and go from there? Apprecitae any links/feedback.

obviously want to be able to swap regions and then: to just be able to play everything that's already on memstick and have save games intact.

I'm around 42 hours into P4G now.
it's the summer and I'm waiting for something to happen in game
After that I think I need to return to Uncharted GA and actually beat it. I'm so stoked for Sly though, that's gonna be great. There are some games I'm a little bummed won't be appearing on Vita (Injustice: Gods Among Us), but I've got plenty to play. I'm hoping some new awesome stuff gets announced soon though, I feel like there's probably a decent amount being worked on we don't know about

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I'm going to dive into P4G soon - seeing everyone talk about it has me about ready to start. My thing is, I have NO idea what I'm doing. Is it best to play the game with a guide of sorts (especially considering I will likely never play it again because I don't play RPGs twice) or just play it as I go and appreciate the experience for what it is?

I gave spent entirely way too much time on P4G, lol. I am over 80 hours but am in the finally stretch, but I will probably find a way to make that last to 100 hours foolishly thinking I can max all Social Links. I keep forgetting about the Fox!!!

Edit: I am quite proud of the fact I have over 80% of the compendium completed. Gets expensive though.

zulux21

They'll probably give us 2 shit PS Mobile games and 2 crappy PS Minis.

we are already getting 6 ps mobile games, I doubt they would give us more at this time.
I also don't recall any ps mins coming out since the ps3 instant game collection update.

I was going to make a prediction for the next ps+ vita game but alas it seems i let my vita die and it won't let me turn it on as soon as it starts charging like i could with the psp. so I will get to that in a few minutes

I think I'm going to dive into P4G soon - seeing everyone talk about it has me about ready to start. My thing is, I have NO idea what I'm doing. Is it best to play the game with a guide of sorts (especially considering I will likely never play it again because I don't play RPGs twice) or just play it as I go and appreciate the experience for what it is?

personally I would just play as you go. I find doing what I want far more enjoyable than following a guide. I'd rather focus on the social links I want to see instead of the ones I have to watch to maybe get through everything in one playthrough (i'm not sure if you can or if it will at min take you two playthroughs to see everything.)

edit: my guess for today's PS+ vita update is for them to announce Table Top Tanks coming to the PSV for free for NA tomorrow :p

Top Bottom