• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Takao

Banned
The point of augmented reality is to be immersive, which is why I was confused about the focus on AR from the 3DS/Vita with their awful cameras. In-game models affixed to horribly pixelated video stream isn't very fun I feel like.

The horrible cameras are unfortunately going to be reality for a while. Better image quality = more taxing on the hardware to do AR overlays, which means you'll have either a more simplistic AR experience, or one with visuals that are far from realistic.

A lot of the involved 3DS AR (ie, shit that isn't just statues) tends to run with really poor frame rates. I don't know if that's the hardware not being able to keep up with the demands of AR, or Nintendo not having any experience with AR.

Shoyz

The horrible cameras are unfortunately going to be reality for a while. Better image quality = more taxing on the hardware to do AR overlays, which means you'll have either a more simplistic AR experience, or one with visuals that are far from realistic.

A lot of the involved 3DS AR (ie, shit that isn't just statues) tends to run with really poor frame rates. I don't know if that's the hardware not being able to keep up with the demands of AR, or Nintendo not having any experience with AR.

Admittedly the faux ghost picture feature of Spirit Camera was the only enjoyment I got out of the game (you take a photo with the 3DS and it adds a random ghost to it, making it look like a ghost picture). The photos themselves are grainy, but so are the fake ghosts it attaches making it a, while obviously fake, startling effect when I was flipping through my photos a while later to one. Heart skipped a beat! One of the only legitimately effective uses as it works with the limitations of the system and its cameras.

AR at the moment just seems the next gimmick from 3D: adds nothing to games other than a throwaway gimmick. But that's just me :(

Carl

Invizimals 4 confirmed for Vita this Christmas: http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/avances/15507/3726/0/invizimals-desafios-ocultos/

As mentioned a few pages back, Novarama decided against a 2012 Invizimals release to give 2013's game more time in the oven as it's apparently a bigger, more ambitious project.

Also, Novarama is only 27 people! This is the studio that not only develops annual video games, but also created the Wide Area Augmented Reality tech that is deployed in many Vita games. Wow.

My Portuguese (and therefore my Spanish) is rather poor, so I'm sure what he said here:

"siendo uno de los pocos títulos no japoneses que tuvo cierto tirón en Japón."

Google gives me "one of the few non-Japanese titles that had some jerk in Japan" wat.

Didn't realise the team was so small. They do a good job. Hopefully the new game is good.

Holy shitballs this thread moves even faster than the original one, I think.

So excited to finally see SOMETHING regarding KZ Mercenary, and I couldn't help but notice that Polish magazine had stuff for Tearaway in it too, can anyone translate/sum it up?

Too small - the only part i can read is "Tearaway on small Vita screen looks marvelous and doesn't resemble anything you have seen so far"

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Those Tearaway gifs in the Killzone thread are awesome - does anyone know much about this game? I can't tell if its a small-scale platformer/novelty sort of game, or a big adventure. Some of the worlds seem to suggest a larger open-world style thing, but I can't quite figure it out.

ivAqSWdqlBg81.gif

kiyomi

Asked this yesterday with no response. Can EU people send/receive these referral codes in any way, such as using a secondary US account?

Carl

Sweet! I wonder what vita stuff we will get.

My guesses: resistance or wipeout

I'd like to see Ninja Gaiden at some point before Ninja Gaiden 2 comes out, but whether it will happen or not... :(

I think there'll probably be at least one new game for free in there

Asked this yesterday with no response. Can EU people send/receive these referral codes in any way, such as using a secondary US account?

I'd like to know this too, I received a Mail from Sony on my fake US account, maybe I'll give it a try, but I don't think it'll work with a EU Vita serial number.

Carl

Looks like there will be 2 new PSVita games on EU Plus next month, and they're both currently available.

Also worth noting: Every incorrect tweet has had a "nope, it's not that" reply. Someone tweeted the list of games that a GAFfer posted, and they didn't say that it was wrong...

Looks like there will be 2 new PSVita games on EU Plus next month, and they're both currently available.

Also worth noting: Every incorrect tweet has had a "nope, it's not that" reply. Someone tweeted the list of games that a GAFfer posted, and they didn't say that it was wrong...

Link?

Takao

Banned
Didn't realise the team was so small. They do a good job. Hopefully the new game is good.

Especially when you consider how feature packed their PSP games were. They had a meaty single player campaign, as well as online modes with global lobbies, voice chat, etc. It was pretty impressive for a PSP title, especially one from a (then) no-name Spanish studio.

Carl

Pity no NG

What's on the gaf list?

Can't find the tweet :/

https://twitter.com/whyman/status/295826976462225408

:p

Especially when you consider how feature packed their PSP games were. They had a meaty single player campaign, as well as online modes with global lobbies, voice chat, etc. It was pretty impressive for a PSP title, especially one from a (then) no-name Spanish studio.

Yeah i never played them on PSP but bought a couple on Vita. They're pretty damn big for a team so small.

kiyomi

I'd like to know this too, I received a Mail from Sony on my fake US account, maybe I'll give it a try, but I don't think it'll work with a EU Vita serial number.

Well, if you find out, please let me know!

Actually pretty excited about that. I'd be happy with both Lumines and Wipeout ; I haven't bought either because they seemed likely targets for PS+ IGC. I wonder how many people are put off actually buying games because of the chance they appear on Plus. And Sleeping Dogs would be the most exciting game on the service since I joined.

RpgN

I bought it a couple of days ago but I haven't played online yet. Would really enjoy some VitaGAF games with anyone.

It's pretty fun and £17.99 for both copies is a nice deal.

It's definitely a nice deal where you get both the PS3 and Vita version. I'm having my partner DLing the PS3 version so we can have some 2 VS. 2 matches later in the week, so that version didn't go to waste either. Scratch that, it's not just a nice deal, it's a really great deal!

Not sure if we have added each other already, but we can have some matches if you like. Don't expect a great fighter though :p

Actually, since we're having challenges for a monthly thread such as clearing Gravity Rush races....Playstation All Stars online would also be an excellent game to use for challenges.

Carl said:
Also looks like there's EU Dokuro info coming today

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...comment-339263

Hell yeah! This is what I've been waiting for!

You know, I'm losing interest in RO. The game is taking ages to arrive here in EU and by the sounds of it, it appears to be too average and a must to play online with the last chapters. I don't mind playing the game online to get more out of it, but that's a weakness with single player that has me not liking relying on others to get full enjoyment out of it. Can you hook up with US, JP and EU players at least?

kiyomi

Not sure if we have added each other already, but we can have some matches if you like. Don't expect a great fighter though :p

Actually, since we're having challenges for a monthly thread such as clearing Gravity Rush races....Playstation All Stars online would also be an excellent game to use for challenges.

I think we had each other added but one of us deleted the other, most likely because we never played anything, haha. My PSN is on my GAF profile, it's nothing like the GAF handle. :( but yeah, I'd definitely be down for some ASBR. I'd be crap as well, so. :3

RpgN said:
You know, I'm losing interest in RO. The game is taking ages to arrive here in EU and by the sounds of it, it appears to be too average and a must to play online with the last chapters. I don't mind playing the game online to get more out of it, but that's a weakness with single player that has me not liking relying on others to get full enjoyment out of it. Can you hook up with US, JP and EU players at least?

Yeah, the wait is silly. I don't really regret importing but I haven't really latched on to it that much, and since most of the enjoyment is online, haven't really gotten round to organising anything, either. It's a pretty shallow game, if it's releasing DD at full price in the EU I would probably wait for a sale. As for the servers, I want to say that it's divided into a Western/Asian thing? Because when I was playing with NA people from within the EU, you'd never see any Asian servers. You'd hope at least that EU gamers can play with those in NA.

RpgN

Surprised you didn't consider importing Dokuro months ago! The asia version is in english.

Usually, I only import games that won't ever make it to EU. Otherwise I have no problems waiting while being kept busy with other games :)

I'm interested by the Corpse Party sequel, but beyond it's visual novel leanings, I'm not actually sure of what's involved gameplay-wise. is it worth a look? Anyone willing to offer some quick impressions?

Vashetti

Banned
If the Vita does get a price-cut this year, how much can we expect it to drop?

What about memory cards?

I'm interested in one but it's way out of my price range at the moment.

Can we expect hardware revisions like the 3DS XL?

SxP

I own the vast majority. For me though, it's still worth it for the few free games i don't own, but mostly for the discounts :)

Same. The discounts alone cover my subscription cost. Any free game I don't have is a bonus. That's why Day 1 PSN freebies are so damn exciting.

Sid

What about memory cards?

I say it'll drop by 50 bucks,maybe a price drop on mem. cards will happen and no there will be no Vita revision this year IMO.

I say it'll drop by 50 bucks,maybe a price drop on mem. cards will happen and no there will be no Vita revision this year IMO.

This.

I reckon 50 off the console and a shuffle of mem cards where the 4gb goes away. 8gb becomes standard and a 64gb is released

What about memory cards?

Noone really knows but it probably won't beat the black friday/Christmas deals.

Shoyz

Black Friday was amazing for the Vita. Amazon had the Assassin's Creed White Vita bundle down from 250 to 180 and threw in a PSN+ trial and a download of All-Stars, I was sad to miss it!

RpgN

I think we had each other added but one of us deleted the other, most likely because we never played anything, haha. My PSN is on my GAF profile, it's nothing like the GAF handle. :( but yeah, I'd definitely be down for some ASBR. I'd be crap as well, so. :3

Odd, your PSN ID doesn't ring any bells :x Consider yourself added (will get around it later). If you're just as crap, then all is good :D

Yeah, the wait is silly. I don't really regret importing but I haven't really latched on to it that much, and since most of the enjoyment is online, haven't really gotten round to organising anything, either. It's a pretty shallow game, if it's releasing DD at full price in the EU I would probably wait for a sale. As for the servers, I want to say that it's divided into a Western/Asian thing? Because when I was playing with NA people from within the EU, you'd never see any Asian servers. You'd hope at least that EU gamers can play with those in NA.

I'm willing to pay up to 35 pounds at most, anything more than that will have the game in the price drop category. Ideally it would be better to have it between 25 and 30 pounds on the day of release. That makes sense, that would be okay as long as US gamers can play with EU gamers. I also hope that is the case. Maybe we might form a party one day when the darn game is finally released in EU...Do hold on to your copy of the game!

Shoyz

There's also an important distinction between Japanese releases and Asia releases (Hong Kong). From what I've read, the games themselves should be interchangeable and compatible on either marketplace when it comes to DLC /when the Asia release is in full Japanese/, but if the Asia release is in English/Chinese/etc, it won't be compatible (only with the Hong Kong PSN in that case, I imagine). Asia releases are typically quite a bit cheaper as well ($60 vs $80 from what I've seen). As long as they're both strict Japanese releases, the only differences should be on the box-art and possibly the inserts (the Asia releases have no CERO rating, or any rating whatsoever).

An important distinction for me personally as I was planning on sticking with Asia releases for the cheaper costs of import, and I was unsure if I was better off making a Hong Kong account (for more guaranteed support with any DLC I get with a game or decide to buy, as well as cheaper prices for DLC on both stores), or a Japanese account (which would likely have better availability on the marketplace, Project Diva for instance I've heard is interchangeable but the HK market is missing DLC releases). Think I'm going to go with a Japanese account just to have the larger selection overall, and in regards to Asian imports, I just need to make sure they're full-Japanese before buying to know it'll (most likely) be compatible.

Top Bottom