• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Man who led armed protest @ Texas mosque publishes list of Muslims’ addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Muslims have to deal with assholes with assault rifles harassing them at their place of worship.

Christians have to deal with Target employees saying "Happy Holidays to them.

I think we all know who the real victims are.
Try to step into their shoes. Do you know how traumatic it is to see Starbucks cups without christmas ornaments?

Frog-fu

Banned
MuricanGAF - I don't think expect it - but has this been picked up by your media at all? I imagine most will still be preoccupied with the PP shooting and their hands are full with the one act of domestic terrorist act already.

Tagyhag

Kinda off topic but everytime I see normal citizens carrying weapons like that it freaks me out. It just seem sooooo foreign to me haha.

Agreed, open carry is illegal for the most part in California but if it ever became legal I still think I'd walk or run away whenever I'd see someone brandishing a weapon.

wow she definitely has that "girl, pls" vibe. brave shit though.
this whole situation is just dumb.
CUvM6dnWIAAypPL.jpg

He sure as hell looks more like a terrorist than she does...

Agreed, open carry is illegal for the most part in California but if it ever became legal I still think I'd walk or run away whenever I'd see someone brandishing a weapon.
It's taboo in (some/most/all?) states that allow open carry as well. There are lots of videos of people being stopped by police while trying to exercise their second amendment rights. Pro-gun people dislike them as well.

Acerac

Banned
I know it's been brought up already, but isn't this blatantly terrorism?

I guess the only thing that counts is how the media covers it... =/

Frog-fu

Banned
I know it's been brought up already, but isn't this blatantly terrorism?

I guess the only thing that counts is how the media covers it... =/

These guys are a stone's throwaway from the KKK in its heyday when they ran down blacks on their horses and strung them up.

I just hope these fuckers get reigned in by the authorities before it escalates. These cunts are probably itching to have someone to confront them so they can fill them with bullets and claim self-defence.

If the death Trayvon Martin and so many others before and after him has taught us anything - or reminded us, rather - it's that "nigger got out of control, I had to put him down" is a legitimate justification for summary executions.

Can't see it being too difficult for that to apply to Muslims in the US as well.

Cyrillus

Just some armed citizens exercising their 1st and 2nd Amendment rights by intimidating members of a particular religion.

Just like the founding fathers intended.

Seventy70

This is incredibly ironic. It's straight out of some kind of fiction.

Terrorists forming in supposed defense against terrorism. The cycle continues over and over again.

XBP

I find it absolutely appalling that a person could wear something like that (in the picture) carry a fucking assault rifle and everyone around them is ok with this? How is this even a thing in a modern first world country like the US?

Riki

I find it absolutely appalling that a person could wear something like that (in the picture) carry a fucking assault rifle and everyone around them is ok with this? How is this even a thing in a modern first world country like the US?
Welcome to the fascist America all Republicans dream of.

I am from Scandinavia and it's truly shocking to see. I don't know what to say.. I am totally speechless.. It's just pure insanity.

Oh? Which part of Scandinavia? The Norwegian part that promised a one way ticket to Kabul, the Danish part which took out newspaper adverts in Lebanon to boast of refugee benefits being halved or the Swedish part that is destroying buildings earmarked for refugee use by way of arson?

People are shitty to refugees worldwide.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Right-wing gun fetishists are by far the most dangerous people in America. We could let in 1,000,000 Syrian refugees and that wouldn't change the situation.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
wow she definitely has that "girl, pls" vibe. brave shit though.
this whole situation is just dumb.
CUvM6dnWIAAypPL.jpg
This picture is perfectly capturing the absolute fuck ton of irony in this situation. First of all, why the fuck is his face covered? What a piece of shit, all of the people supporting shit like this are as well. THIS is just a form of terrorism as well as racism.

On his personal Facebook page, Wright wrote this week: “We should stop being afraid to be who we are! We like to have guns designed to kill people that pose a threat in a very efficient manner.”
What a fucking barbarian.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This picture is perfectly capturing the absolute fuck ton of irony in this situation. First of all, why the fuck is his face covered? What a piece of shit, all of the people supporting shit like this are as well. THIS is just a form of terrorism as well as racism.

They're the closest thing we have to ISIS here in America. No need to worry about refugees. We've already got Americans who instill fear through the threat of violence for political reasons.

Crossing Eden

They're the closest thing we have to ISIS here in America. No need to worry about refugees. We've already got Americans who instill fear through the threat of violence for political reasons.
Exactly. Especially if you're a minority.

ThisGuy

Wright wrote this week: “We should stop being afraid to be who we are!

I look at that picture and just can't wrap my head around this. How does he not see the irony in this?

Crossing Eden

I look at that picture and just can't wrap my head around this. How does he not see the irony in this?
Because he and all of his other cohorts are fucking idiots. That's the pure and simple reason.

dabig2

This is just disgusting. if anyone besides a white man went around wearing something like that with a gun out, they'd get shot for sure. His appearance screams "I'm gonna murder everyone"

I can only imagine if we had a young brown Arab man dressed in a traditional garb for prayer, but he's also covering his face and openly carrying an assault rife legally. Hell, that situation makes sense cause maybe such a man might be following the women and children attending service and protecting them against these terrorists.

JustenP88

I can only imagine if we had a young brown Arab man dressed in a traditional garb for prayer, but he's also covering his face and openly carrying an assault rife legally.

Shot on sight. No questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom