• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this blowing up like this? Why not everything that came before?
Yeah, I'm surprised by this, too.

I thought it would be another scandal, but a bigger one. But this looks like the last straw for many.

edit:
Sam Wang from the PEC would argue that a lot of Republicans are dumping Trump not because of what he said, but because it was a way to ditch an obviously loosing ticket.

ACzIVJah.jpg

He put it better than I could:

http://election.princeton.edu/2016/10/08/what-color-is-the-swan/#more-17785
Yeah, that's it.

Arc

Being on tape is the key here people. It's exactly the same as the NFL Ray Rice scandal. Everything changed once that elevator video came out.

Loudninja

What about all the racist shit he said and continues saying on video. He has also said many sexiest things on tape. But the bullets just kept bouncing like he is some kind of white Luke Cage.
I dont why this keep being said his numbers are in the toilet with minorities.

Getting worse with women as well.

Saganator

What about all the racist shit he said and continues saying on video? He has also said many sexiest things on tape. But the bullets just kept bouncing like he is some kind of white Luke Cage.

It's really hard to defend a guy bragging about how he can do anything to women because he's a "star." Imagine what he thinks he can get away with when he's President? It's also really hard to defend a guy talking about sexual assaulting women. Shouldn't be hard to figure out why this is blowing up.

BigDug13

McCain and Romney were obvious losers, and nobody ever yanked their endorsement of those candidates. Nobody called on them to withdraw.

This is definitely scandal-related. There's no shame in backing a losing ticket for ideological reasons. There is shame in backing an admitted scumbag who abuses women.

McCain and Romney were never outsiders that brute-forced their way into party control. This is the guy who destroyed Jeb who Republicans fully expected to be the nominee when he entered the race.

But I do agree with your point that Trump is extra toxic more than any other candidate.

Majine

Banned
Trump should endure one more public humiliation after he loses the GE and before we stop caring about him. For old times sake.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What about all the racist shit he said and continues saying on video? He has also said many sexiest things on tape. But the bullets just kept bouncing like he is some kind of white Luke Cage.

He's doing horrible with minorities. He's got like negative support among African-americans. He's not white Luke Cage, he's just that dude that's too dumb to realize he's been shot.

I am talking about the Republican are finally reacting. Why this? Why are they backing off now, when they fell in line earlier.

He's gonna lose and they needed an excuse to jump ship.

Why is this blowing up like this? Why not everything that came before?

Yeah, I'm surprised by this, too.

I thought it would be another scandal, but a bigger one. But this looks like the last straw for many.

I imagine it has to do with the fact that Trump was saying, previously, what a lot of right wingers believed but wouldn't say out loud. However, this is the first thing where pretty much anyone but hardcore Trump supporters are coming out and saying "alright, that's fucked up".

Xe4

Banned
McCain and Romney were obvious losers, and nobody ever yanked their endorsement of those candidates. Nobody called on them to withdraw.

This is definitely scandal-related. There's no shame in backing a losing ticket for ideological reasons. There is shame in backing an admitted scumbag who abuses women.
Not as bad as Trump has to loose. Every time people called on Trump to quit was when his poll numbers slipped or were going to slip. When he was doing ok, people were fine with him, despite the fact he continued to say horrible shit.

Trump loosing by some large margin would be embarrassing, and some Republicans don't want any part of that.

Also, the other two were conventional republicans, and gave no way out. Many supported Trump only because they had to, and now that he is loosing, there's no point in supporting him anymore.

Edit: evend
On top of tht, people thought McCain, and especially Romney still had a chance, while its becoming evermore obvious that Trump is fucked.

Caja 117

Everything he said so far has could get a spin by his base into a either "thats not what he meant" or "He was being sarcastic" (in exception to things like his comments about the Khan's which did hurt him) , there is no Spin to this. this is bluntly talking about Sexual Assault. And those clown of his party are jumping ship now not because Values, it because they know this ship is going to sink.

He's doing horrible with minorities. He's got like negative support among African-americans. He's not white Luke Cage, he's just that dude that's too dumb to realize he's been shot.

Dead.

Oersted

I find it interesting that this thread started with "This won't hurt him" replies and now we have on every page "How come that this is the thing that hurts him?"

Something changed.

rjinaz

Of course I think this will have a lasting effect. There is an audio clip of him saying "Grab them by the pussy" that will get run on every news station and talk radio up until election day.

It's just this isn't anywhere near new information, and the fact that we had to hear it from Trump himself rather than the scores of people who know him personally is a fucking disgrace.

Completely agree. People have been so willing to dismiss all things said about Trump.

Lmo911

Wow I didn't realize Billy Bush really is related to the Bush family. Did he take the hit to avenge his bloodline!?

I find it interesting that this thread started with "This won't hurt him" replies and now we have on every page "How come that this is the thing that hurts him?"

Something changed.

I think Trump releasing an apology video cemented it as a big deal, rather than the handwaving he's done to previous stuff

Saganator

Something changed.

Yeah, the thing that changed was it became obvious this actually is hurting him. Maybe you're over thinking it?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

He's gonna lose and they needed an excuse to jump ship.
Yeah everyone observing about why now has to realize that we're not talking about all of America turning on Trump (already happened), just finally a potentially meaningful segment of his remaining supporters (including many GOP establishment people, hell even his VP). You realize how stupid, hateful, and unreasonable you'd have to be to support Trump even pre-scandal at this late stage right? These are not rational or decent people we're dealing with.

Bronx-Man

Banned
What happened here is pretty simple to explain. For the past year, Trump thought he pulled a work on America. And for the most part he did. But he made the mistake of getting caught in a shoot. Now he's trying to work a work, but he's worked himself into a shoot.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What happened here is pretty simple to explain. For the past year, Trump thought he pulled a work on America. And for the most part he did. But he made the mistake of getting caught in a shoot. Now he's trying to work a work, but he's worked himself into a shoot.

Never work yourself into a shoot, that's like rule one of pulling a work.

NYR

Kasich was the only Republican candidate with a brain in the primaries. I feel like he would have done very well in the general.
That because he is closer to center than the right, and for that same reason he lost. He simply called out a wolf in sheeps clothing but didn't have the clout for the deplorables to listen, they found their martyr.

Ithil

Are you REALLY the same guy you were 10 years ago? I'm not saying I support Trump, but come on, 10 years is a long time to change

Literally just last week he got into a twitter tirade about calling a woman fat and disgusting. He hasn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom