• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

Nah, I think in the end he's bailing on this ticket. It won't be Trump that drops out, but Pence. It's the best way for the GOP to rally around the idea that Trump has "gone too far" and they can try to hold off the weird alt-right moving in to sleep on their political couch this election.

The real fun will be who's the bitch that has to take the VP spot on the ticket if Pence drops to finalize the designs of Master Mold. It's pretty much either Christie or Giuliani, as both of them know they don't have careers anymore.

Trump / Hannity

@AndrewBahl

Trump supporter I just spoke with said he "enjoyed" the video. "Tell me you haven't said something like that," he told me

I was saying something like thin in Poligaf, Trump can't even do rallies anymore. There is going to be footage of people chanting 'Grab em in the pussy' and all sorts of vile shit.

Mahonay

Banned
You do realize that Pence pushed for and signed a bill mandating funerals for aborted and miscarried fetuses, right?

It isn't an abortion joke it is a direct jab at his abhorrent policy that he wanted to push on women.

Not really. It's appropriate for Pence and his dangerous, bizarre, retrograde politics.

It's a joke mocking a moronic position on abortion, not abortions themselves.

Is this one of those "we shouldn't say mean things about Republicans or use their logic against them but rather try to understand their toxic views? And empathise?" type posts?

Either way, lol.

I am a feminist and an active campaigner for gay rights. I'm very aware of Pence's evil political activities. People who say Pence would be better than Trump don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

I can feel this way and still find abortion jokes distasteful.

If you disagree with me that's absolutely ok.

MSNBC said there were 12 to 14 more tapes

home_alone_curry_evil_zps52d80b57.gif

Jedi2016

As for the "Everyone talks like that", yeah, I've said some stupid things in my life, but firstly, I've never gone that far with it. Secondly, and this is the important one, I'm not running for President.

Hypothetically, if you had a video showing Hillary being disrespectful to "the help" and muffled audio of her saying what could be considered disparaging comments about a certain minority group, would you sell it to the media?

shiba5

I was saying something like thin in Poligaf, Trump can't even do rallies anymore. There is going to be footage of people chanting 'Grab em in the pussy' and all sorts of vile shit.

Good god you're right. I actually clapped for joy because I know he'll still do rallies.

Xe4

Banned
Sam Wang from the PEC would argue that a lot of Republicans are dumping Trump not because of what he said, but because it was a way to ditch an obviously loosing ticket.

ACzIVJah.jpg

He put it better than I could:

Wang said:
Today’s estimated Clinton win probability is 93%. The Meta-Margin is Clinton +3.3% and the red one-sigma band, indicating the likely range of electoral outcomes, is 290-348 EV. Betting markets are catching up, especially after yesterday’s newest wave of Trump stories, especially the groping story.

The insta-consensus among commentators is that somehow this event is a cause of Trump’s electoral doom. I think the logic is backwards – to me, the growing obviousness of his doom created an environment for this story to blow up. The genuinely new development is the impact for downticket – in both the Senate and the House.

In one common sentiment, catching Trump on tape bragging about groping women without consent is somehow a last straw that has caused supporters to desert him, starting off with GOP Reps. Jason Chaffetz (district Partisan Voting Index R+25%) and Martha Roby (R+17%), and Utah governors Gary Herbert (current) and Jon Huntsman (former). Taniel’s running tally of GOP reactions is here. Some PEC readers think this is a black swan – an unexpected anomaly that moves everything.

However, the idea that the recording comes as a surprise does not make sense. Trump’s record of misogynistic comments is abundant, and his unfiltered comments are part of his core appeal. As a reality television star with thousands of hours of candid footage, it was inevitable that such comments would come to light…though it’s taken a while.

I would argue that this weekend’s public blowback is triggered by a growing realization of what will happen on November 8th. After the first debate, it became obvious that Trump was going to lose the general election. Clinton’s bounceback is small, but by modern (i.e. post-1996) standards it looks large. There isn’t enough time for opinion to shift back (for instance, within my random diffusion assumption), especially given the natural setpoint of the race (my Bayesian prior that assumes regression to the mean). In other words, people’s intuitions started telling them that time had run out for Trump.

Based on past elections, I estimate that people’s “animal spirits” about a campaign start to shift when the front-runner’s win probability gets close to 95% as defined using PEC’s methods. At that point, the marketplace of ideas starts looking for a reason to pile on to the loser. Enter the video/audio recording.

Elected officials have a nose for the stench of a candidate who is on the cusp of becoming a loser. All along, Republican officials have been skittish about Trump, who executed a hostile takeover of their party. Now they have an excuse to jump ship.

http://election.princeton.edu/2016/10/08/what-color-is-the-swan/#more-17785

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'm bothered by this.

People are holding this against Donald Trump, a 10 year old sexism video, and he's completely going to lose the election because of it.

But not all the shit he said for the past 2 years while running for office?

I don't understand life anymore.

Sexual scandals have the ability to completely ruin any politician full stop. Diet racism and dog whistling racism are a-okay in the conservative political landscape. Denying science is a-okay. Trampling on women's rights is a-okay. Even saying sexist things about women is generally fine with the GOP... but you can't be caught with dirt like this. It's a line in the sand, even with all the bullshit that Republicans are okay with.

Trump should have never been nominated with all of the horrendous things he's said and done, but if this is what it takes to end him, then so be it. I'm more surprised that anyone thought this kind of person wasn't inside of Donald Trump. We have videos of him saying all kinds of sexist things on record, so what do you think he says or admits to off the record?

I would not be surprised if one of those tapes have Trump implicating himself to statutory rape. Its completely within his character to do that and brag about it.

As for the "Everyone talks like that", yeah, I've said some stupid things in my life, but firstly, I've never gone that far with it. Secondly, and this is the important one, I'm not running for President.
Yeah. I even said to my self.. am i not straight enough as i have never spoke along the lines of sexually assaulting a women around my guy friends? If people still support trump after this it's fukin scary how morally misguided almost half of the us population is.

Hypothetically, if you had a video showing Hillary being disrespectful to "the help" and muffled audio of her saying what could be considered disparaging comments about a certain minority group, would you sell it to the media?

I guess it would depend on how badly you would want to give Trump a lifeboat when he's about to go down.

jayu26

They finally got him on tape doing it. Also, "grab them by the pussy."
What about all the racist shit he said and continues saying on video? He has also said many sexiest things on tape. But the bullets just kept bouncing like he is some kind of white Luke Cage.

border

Sam Wang from the PEC would argue that a lot of Republicans are dumping Trump not because of what he said, but because it was a way to ditch an obviously loosing ticket.

McCain and Romney were obvious losers, and nobody ever yanked their endorsement of those candidates. Nobody called on them to withdraw.

This is definitely scandal-related. There's no shame in backing a losing ticket for ideological reasons. There is shame in backing an admitted scumbag who abuses women.

You know what gets me is that the idiots defending him on the basis that it's a "10 year old comment" don't get called out that his comments are not about things he's done in the past but about things he likes to do and continues to do it's an admittance of his sexual predator MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom