• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

.JayZii

Banned
The un-endorsement we've all been waiting for: Arnold Schwarzenegger
CuQu8noUsAA7Pt0.jpg
That's a good last line.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
What happened here is pretty simple to explain. For the past year, Trump thought he pulled a work on America. And for the most part he did. But he made the mistake of getting caught in a shoot. Now he's trying to work a work, but he's worked himself into a shoot.
Perfect.

BigDug13

That because he is closer to center than the right, and for that same reason he lost. He simply called out a wolf in sheeps clothing but didn't have the clout for the deplorables to listen, they found their martyr.

isn't this is the same reason congress keeps getting filled with more tea party and alt-right candidates though? Once they get through the primary by being more to the right, they also win their general elections because their districts are deeply red through gerrymandering and the democrat on ticket has zero shot.

The GOP basically dug their own grave.

Saganator

Where are you guys hearing hat there might be 12-14 more tapes?

It's mentioned on MSNBC and CNN by various credible people. I'm thinking another tape will drop immediately after the debates. I hope they're just figuring out which one to drop next.

Ekai

Kasich was the only Republican candidate with a brain in the primaries. I feel like he would have done very well in the general.

Kasich himself has displayed toxic views on women's rights, racial and LGBT minorities. He's good at putting up a façade, nothing more.

Would post usual sources but on phone.

Jamie OD

I find it interesting that this thread started with "This won't hurt him" replies and now we have on every page "How come that this is the thing that hurts him?"

Something changed.

What changed is one by one more Republican figures are publicly turning against Trump.

Kasich was the only Republican candidate with a brain in the primaries. I feel like he would have done very well in the general.

Yeah, actually, the nice thing about this election is that we've gotten a real test of the integrity of leading Republicans. And proof that even they have some left.

+respect Romney, Kasich, Cruz (kinda)
-respect Christie (lol, as if it could go any lower), Pence, Ryan

Neutral but man you missed an opportunity to spearhead the anti-Trump resistance: Rubio

No, just no. Who the fuck talks like that?
The closest shit I've heard are things like "Damn, she has a nice ass" and "She so wants my D". Which, while some pretty dumb shit, aren't even on the same wavelength as saying that you try to fuck married women and then, right after that, top it by saying it's OK to sexually assault women if you're famous.

Jobbs

Banned
John Kasich was the only republican candidate during the primaries who I wouldn't be utterly and completely embarrassed by

The problem is the base, though. The base doesn't want a John Kasich. The GOP is on permanent regional status.

What happened here is pretty simple to explain. For the past year, Trump thought he pulled a work on America. And for the most part he did. But he made the mistake of getting caught in a shoot. Now he's trying to work a work, but he's worked himself into a shoot.

😂😂😂

I just fucking can't at how good this is.

Jamie OD

Magnifique.

Loxley

Cruz realizing he was a mere two weeks away from being able to take the moral high ground by not endorsing Drumpf at the RNC:

qWjjihZ.gif

Nordicus

Kasich himself has displayed toxic views on women's rights, racial and LGBT minorities. He's good at putting up a façade, nothing more.

Would post usual sources but on phone.
Yeah. The way the 3 republican nominees basically went:

Trump says toxic things really loudly.
Cruz adamantly believes toxic things and knows how to implement them.
And Kasich has actually already done it. He's just quiet about it.

border

It is bizarre to see a black, female Trump supporter on CNN spinning for him.....even now.

"Why aren't we talking about Hillary Clinton's taxes?"

Because she released them months ago and nobody found anything wrong with them, jackass.

He sucks on social issues, though. He was the original defendant on the Obergefell case.

I think what this election has shown us is that character really does matter in a politician.

I expect him, or Rubio, to be significantly to the right. I probably wouldn't vote for either. But if Republicans are going to win an election or two, I'd much rather have them or Romney in than any of the chuckleheads that have led the Republicans of late.

Kasich is still worse than a Mitt Romney. That's the problem the reasonable Republican nominees are moving right. An even bigger joke were people calling Rubio a moderate

Game Guru

McCain and Romney were obvious losers, and nobody ever yanked their endorsement of those candidates. Nobody called on them to withdraw.

This is definitely scandal-related. There's no shame in backing a losing ticket for ideological reasons. There is shame in backing an admitted scumbag who abuses women.

Unlike McCain and Romney, Trump hijacked the Republican Party. The Republican Party didn't want him as candidate, but had to accept it because that was what the base had voted for. This scandal gives the Republican Party the excuse needed to do a scorched earth policy on Donald Trump and basically make sure he or someone like him never, ever, ever wins the Republican Party nomination again.

Basically, when Donald Trump loses, he will never work in the United States ever, ever again, because he will be blackballed completely from both sides of the fence. Maybe he can get a job in Russia though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom