• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all man talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

I'm straight.

I'm surprised by this. I'm offended by this.

This goes beyond objectification. This is him detailing his preferred method of sexual assault.

Carcetti

Hey, where's the Trump-voting GAF now? Can't wait to hear more terrible rationalizations on why they're still on that train.

border

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same.

I've heard plenty of guys talk to me about the sexual things they wanted to do with women, but I don't think I've ever heard any of them brag about how their status allows them to get away with sexual assault.

If somebody said this to me, it would just be one of those creeppy moments where I nod my head, give a slight smile, and say absolutely nothing in hopes that we can shift the subject to anything else.

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all man talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

Guy friends can be vulgar, but I don't talk about wanting to fuck a married woman.

master15

I think you totally are missing the point. It isn't about objectifying women per say. He says-

I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.”

He's talking about unwanted sexual advances even if the other party may not be interested. That's the most disgusting thing.

I think you just have shitty friends. I know that I've talked about women I'm interested in with my guy friends, but it's never to the tune of some machismo declaration of wanting to "grab 'em by the pussy" or whatever else. That's just wildly dehumanizing.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all guy talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't lump me in with you and your friends.

K. Maybe I didn't catch the straight up rapey bits. I was listening whilst making dinner.

Uh huh.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all guy talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Do you also force your kisses onto women because you're a star and they can't refuse you and grab their pussies?

Do all of those straight dudes have pregnant wives at home and a real-life history of molesting women?

Forearms

K. Maybe I didn't catch the straight up rapey bits. I was listening whilst making dinner.

Yeah, probably better to listen to the whole thing, and maybe read the article, before putting yourself in the same camp as Old Donald the Rapist.

FStop7

Banned

You must be kidding me. If you have a wife, daughter, sister, or any woman in your life you care about you'd find this shit acceptable? I don't believe you.

Hyun Sai

Oh well, I just discovered that me and all my friends are gay, women, and saints.

Corto

I'm not surprised by this but I'm sure offended by it. And not only the talk but also the implied treatment he gives to women and the feeling of being unimputable like his comment of shooting someone in public and getting away with it. It's his deep belief that that is true, and deserved by whatever twisted reasoning he makes in that diseased head of his.

If you and your friends say things like "I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.” or "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”, you're awful people. It's not normal, guy talk.

This guy is basically the candidate for Return of Kings.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Ten years ago when he was a young, spritely 60.

This kind of statement would be considered highly inappropriate even in the 1960s.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You must be kidding me. If you have a wife, daughter, sister, or any woman in your life you care about you'd find this shit acceptable? I don't believe you.

I love how he says it was 10 years ago, so it shouldn't matter. Trump was in his 60s, 10 years ago. So mature, the maturist.

So um, in light of this, I wonder if the likelihood of Trump backing out of Sunday's debate last-minute (citing the hurricane as his concern) will increase substantially.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Flashback: Trump business associate accused Trump of repeatedly grabbing for her crotch

Harth said she stands by her charges against Trump, which run from low-grade sexual harassment to an episode her lawyers described in the lawsuit as “attempted ‘rape’”.
“He pushed me up against the wall, and had his hands all over me and tried to get up my dress again,” Harth said, “and I had to physically say: ‘What are you doing? Stop it.’ It was a shocking thing to have him do this because he knew I was with George, he knew they were in the next room. And how could he be doing this when I’m there for business?”

Federal court lawsuit documents from 1997

Mahonay

Banned

NOPE.

I am a 30 year old outgoing male and I do not talk about women like this. I know some guys that do and in general they really don't have much respect for women at all.

Ferrio

Banned
I was already sad that I was going to miss this Sunday's debate, fuck I'm really disappointed now since I wanna see this fucker squirm live on tv.

Could Bill Clinton sue Trump for saying that?
I doubt it.

I remember being high school and talking about what girls we had the hots for. Those aren't conversations I'm particularly proud of, but this goes beyond juvenile objectification. This is talking about forcing yourself on a woman. This is talking about trying to seduce a married woman. This is talking about cheating on your partner. Am I surprised? No, you're right about that. Am I offended? Yes.

Puhlease. Most straight guys talk this way? No. Get a better social circle you chump.

Red

Fitts, you have a wildly skewed view of what constitutes healthy behavior.

When people discuss "rape culture"—this is exactly what they are talking about. If you talk like this, reflect on your behavior and recognize your contributions to an environment harmful to women.

Also try to avoid the phrase "rapey bits" in the future.

CoolOff

NeatEnchantedAfricanharrierhawk.gif

I'm straight. Never heard anything like this. Certainly never said anything like this.

border

I used to think that as you get older and your testosterone levels decrease you become less of a pervert. But honestly at this point I think aging actually makes men worse.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

There's a difference between "man that chick is so hot, I'd love to fuck her" and bragging about how you use your status to sexually assault women. FFS indeed. If you commonly say and hear the latter, well guess what, you aren't a normal hetero dude, you are a scumbag.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
How the fuck can evangelicals or any "Christians" support this guy again?

Only narrative is extreme pro-lifers. But I don't think that will be enough for pro-life women or some of the more moderate pro-life men.

This recording is going to cause a lot of the religious right to not vote at all.

I used to think that as you get older and your testosterone levels decrease you become less of a pervert. But honestly at this point I think aging actually makes men worse.
Armchair psychology, it's not the age on show here, it's A) too much money and power and B) a lack of a stable relationship to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom