• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Is it possible that establishment Republicans will revoke their endorsements of Trump, as it becomes clear he can't win anyway? It seems like the only reasons they begrudgingly supported him was because they believed his populism and appeal to the common man might be enough to sweep them into the White House, but clearly that is now all crumbling.

What is Paul Ryan going to say about this? "Well those comments are the textbook definition of sexist and clearly this man thinks it's okay to grope and sexually assault women, but I don't think Hillary Clinton is the answer."

How far does Trump have to go before they actually turn their back on him to protect their own career and credibility?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The fact we have a recording of him bragging about sexual harassment and the rape allegations are still barely a story is deeply upsetting.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ugh, I feel bad for Melania. He was married to her at this stage, right? It could all be talk but he's talking very present tense here about how he behaves with women.

So much ammo for Clinton now, particularly re anything Trump might say or suggest about Bill or her marriage.
I don't. We know exactly why she married Trump and it sure wasn't love.

Loxley

Ugh, I feel bad for Melania. He was married to her at this stage, right? It could all be talk but he's talking very present tense here about how he behaves with women.

So much ammo for Clinton now, particularly re anything Drumpf might say or suggest about Bill or her marriage.

According to the WaPo article, this was three months before he married her.

Lebron

So much ammo for Clinton now, particularly re anything Trump might say or suggest about Bill or her marriage.

She married Trump. She knew the deal and sold her soul.

It's not really surprising. Dude was already fucking his 2nd wife when he was still married to his first. Don't feel bad for Melania she knew full well what she was getting into.

hitme

found this comment in /r/politics

This recording occurred on 9/15/2005. Trump's youngest was born on 3/20/2006. That means that his wife Melania was about 3 months pregnant at the time.

Is the audio actually worse than just reading it? I honestly don't want to hear it

The video is really something else. Seeing him come out of the bus like a two-face pervert is really something else.

The fact we have a recording of him bragging about sexual harassment and the rape allegations are still barely a story is deeply upsetting.

This ain't harassment. This is straight up sexual assault grabbing random women by their pussy. Somebody else saying it and you think they are exaggerating. Trump qualifying it by saying that they let him get away with it since he's famous makes it all the more real. Just like Machado, she was a young 19 year old girl and Trump basically bullied and intimidated her because he knows the game.

My dad on the ride back to my house to take down plywood after Hurricane Matthew: "Trump was so terrible in the debate...he's a better person than that."

Then I see this news just an hour later. Yup, Trump's a stand-up guy alright.

Lmfao, dude keeps taking the L's.

Jeb is like the only one who knew what to do.

actually Rubio was running as the younger, more conservative version of Jeb.

To be honest, I was scared to death of a Rubio nominee

Thank You Chirs Christie for sinking Marco

Loxley

The video is really something else. Seeing him come out of the bus like a two-face pervert is really something else.

It's made especially uncomfortable when Bush basically shames that woman into hugging Trump, mere seconds after he'd been told that Trump likes to force himself on beautiful women.

Codeblue

Having actually clicked the link just now, I feel like it's important to recognize Farenthold for dogging Trump for the last year and a half and never letting him breathe. Dude is a hero.

Wow that is appalling. So admitting to your preferred practices of sexual assault is now just "locker room banter." I don't doubt for a second his base if deplorable will love this, but no fucking chance this doesn't hurt him. One more thing he can be called out on Sunday where he will proceed to grab a rocket launcher and aim for his feet.

“This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago," Trump said. "Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course - not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended.”

Could Bill Clinton sue Trump for saying that?

found this comment in /r/politics

raw

cordy

Banned
If Trump gets pass this then dudes will literally think he's new Suge Knight. A man who most people think is invincible to anything and everything. Damn.

Fitts

Double edit: I'm just straight up deleting this post since no one is actually reading the context given in subsequent pages and it's upending the thread. Wasn't my intention. My bad.

I've honestly been desensitized to these types of Trump revelations. I'm actually most shocked that he admitted to failing at an attempted sexual conquest.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't. We know exactly why she married Trump and it sure wasn't love.

True enough. This is just another humiliation for her from this campaign though (1st being the mess of a speech). Wouldn't be surprised if she parts ways with him after all this, if/when he loses.

According to the WaPo article, this was three months before he married her.

Thanks... Virtually the same so. I doubt his behaviour changed one iota after that.

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all man talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

Amazing.

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all man talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

Ummmm I'm sorry but I don't speak about people like this. I don't brag about assaulting women.

If you want to admit to being a shitty person that's your prerogative.

How the fuck can evangelicals or any "Christians" support this guy again?

People can find ways to contort their beliefs whatever way they choose.

The right wing in our country are experts at this. They will moan endlessly about Bill's affairs but not say anything about Trump having an affair while married.

They will summon Benghazi at every opportunity but are unwilling to look into abuses at Abu Ghraib or how much money was funneled to mercenaries with ties to the former Vice President.

Strimei

Straight guy here. I have never heard this sort of talk amongst my friends, not even in high school when we were at the peak of immaturity.

By all means speak for yourself, but don't believe we're all like you, or like Trump.

Eight former crew members recalled that he repeatedly made lewd comments about a camerawoman he said had a nice rear, comparing her beauty to that of his daughter, Ivanka.

During one season, Trump called for female contestants to wear shorter dresses that also showed more cleavage, according to contestant Gene Folkes. Several cast members said Trump had one female contestant twirl before him so he could ogle her figure.

Contestant Poppy Carlig, who performed the twirl, said she considered Trump's request "playful banter." She added: "I don't immediately jump to the conclusion that people are having bad intentions with what they are saying. He said I reminded him of his daughter and I thought that was really touching because I know how much he values his family."

😩

Forearms

Really? Wow...

Real Hero

This isn't just him saying 'I want to fuck her' and I think you know that

Or... maybe you and your friends are assholes too?

Word, most straight dudes force themselves on chicks after looking at dining room sets together

You and your people's anecdotes aren't universal mayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom