• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Banned
“when you’re a star, they let you do it”

3f4053d1126f3a8490376a04bcb473fa.gif

bury this turd, he's done

I used to think that as you get older and your testosterone levels decrease you become less of a pervert. But honestly at this point I think aging actually makes men worse.

Sorry man. Those old guys are some of the biggest perverts around. Remember that they grew up in a time where they could sexually harass and assault women in the office and nothing was ever done to them. Watch Mad Men, that shit was no joke.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
K. Maybe I didn't catch the straight up rapey bits. I was listening whilst making dinner.

You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful -- I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.

And when you’re a star they let you do it, You can do anything.

Grab her by the pussy.

You can do anything
I'm a little surprised the rapey part is not getting much play. Is there any other way to interpret it?

"Because I'm a star, I can just kiss them or grab their pussy whenever I want and they'll let me do it."

Fat4all

Banned
I wanna see the Trump surrogate spin, anyone got some hot takes for me? I wanna see how these motherfuckers turn this into a "but Hillary...".

Bellamin

NOPE.

I am a 30 year old outgoing male and I do not talk about women like this. I know some guys that do and in general they really don't have much respect for women at all.

I don't either and neither do my friends. My dad, a staunch Kansas conservative, said it best, "A man doesn't act like that."

Meowster

How did Jeb! and Little Marco not do any real oppo research? And Cruz could have looked like the golden boy but he had to go sniveling back to the sinking ship.

He's got to be done for now right? This is pretty damning stuff

this is what's going to happen. he's going to apologize and instruct his surrogates to not entertain the matter any further. he will then hope the press stop talking about it and that the voters demonstrate once again that they have short memories.

Mark L

Yeah, the whole "all guys do it" narrative is one of those deals that says more about the speaker than it does about "all guys".

oh man at all the support articles of sexual harassment.
the guy is a legit fucking creep.

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all guy talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

Edit... addition from later post for y'all that are just going to read over it: K. Maybe I didn't catch the straight up rapey bits. I was listening whilst making dinner.

lol i thought it was a joke post till you edit. no chill. damn.

And his followers will think "fucking women so easily offended, they were probably asking to be grabbed by the p*ssy with the way some dress"

Was this the October surprise by the way? Or did that come and go?

iammeiam

So um, in light of this, I wonder if the likelihood of Trump backing out of Sunday's debate last-minute (citing the hurricane as his concern) will increase substantially.

I don't think he's smart enough to understand how this will hurt him; I fully expect him to do a rally with a big crowd over the weekend and assume the big crowd still being rock concert levels of enthusiast will convince him he's fine. I honestly think he thinks his rally size is an indicator of his success, and as long as the crowds are there and cheering along his every idiotic statement he'll think it's fine.

FStop7

Banned
How did Jeb! and Little Marco not do any real oppo research? And Cruz could have looked like the golden boy but he had to go sniveling back to the sinking ship.

Great question and maybe this has something to do with it:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...started-fall-5-1-paid-staff-advantage-n661656

The GOP as we've known it for the past 30 years is a dying movement. It's going to keep drifting further right or it will correct and move toward the center. I guess we'll find out soon enough which it's gonna be.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
And his followers will think "fucking women so easily offended, they were probably asking to be grabbed by the p*ssy with the way some dress"

Was this the October surprise by the way? Or did that come and go?

Probably, but who knows. Maybe this is just the appetizer.

Cerium

this is what's going to happen. he's going to apologize and instruct his surrogates to not entertain the matter any further. he will then hope the press stop talking about it and that the voters demonstrate once again that they have short memories.
Trump? Shut his mouth? I think not.

He's gonna find a way to shove both feet in there.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think it was a mix of complacence and not knowing how to attack Trump. A lot of his vile qualities are features, not bugs, to the Republican primary voter base.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy fuck the audio quality is incredible, where the hell did this recording come from? Were they seriously wearing recording mics the entire time they were in the bus?

Fitts

I'm a little surprised the rapey part is not getting much play. Is there any other way to interpret it?

"Because I'm a star, I can just kiss them or grab their pussy whenever I want and they'll let me do it."

What I was referring to was the "shit she's hot" and "I'm gonna eat a tic tac" bits. That's akin to us saying "tig old bitties" and "watch... I'm gonna make her laugh." My bad for not giving this more attention, but there's been such a thirst for "gotcha!" shit with public figures for so long that it's getting old. That, and we were listening to a Jim Norton standup at work where he talked about the "fake outrage" over Paula Deen when that was going on and I was (incorrectly) drawing parallels.

Holy shit lol

Could the Republican party boot him from the ticket at this point? Not that they would but is it even possible?

They were talking about it after the Khan incident (or was it during the people should assassinate Hillary to protect their guns incident?) and the only way they could have done it would have been if Trump voluntarily stepped down and even if they did get him out somehow they would have to sue every state to be able to put the replacement on the ballot.

_Ryo_

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all guy talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

Edit... addition from later post for y'all that are just going to read over it: K. Maybe I didn't catch the straight up rapey bits. I was listening whilst making dinner.

Only MRA assholes commonly talk to their friends this way.

I wanna see the Trump surrogate spin, anyone got some hot takes for me? I wanna see how these motherfuckers turn this into a "but Hillary...".

This.

One of my old school friends, a mother of two, would constantly post "Make America Great Again" selfies and other Trump support junk.

I'm eagerly awaiting...

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I think it was a mix of complacence and not knowing how to attack Trump. A lot of his vile qualities are features, not bugs, to the Republican primary voter base.

It was Graydon Carter who brought to the forefront how to really attack him and get under his skin. That wasn't until late February.

But the absolute futility of GOP oppo researchers this cycle will be the stuff of legend.

He apologized for this.

That's your clue that this is a huge deal.

It wasn't really an actual apology, because he isn't capable of that, but the swiftness of his non-apology apology was indeed a clue that this is big.

By all rights his campaign should have been ended a hundred times over by now, but this finally seems like the moment his campaign imploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom