• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one feels different.

Even on the Republican side, I'm hearing a whole lot of doom and gloom.

But alas, for Kayleigh McEnany and Kellyanne Conway?

SHOWTIME

It wasn't really an actual apology, because he isn't capable of that, but the swiftness of his non-apology apology was indeed a clue that this is big.

By all rights his campaign should have been ended a hundred times over by now, but this finally seems like the moment his campaign imploded.

...and Clinton gets to debate him Sunday!. (if he bothers to show up that is)

Mahonay

Banned
What I was referring to was the "shit she's hot" and "I'm gonna eat a tic tac" bits. That's akin to us saying "tig old bitties" and "watch... I'm gonna make her laugh." My bad for not giving this more attention, but there's been such a thirst for "gotcha!" shit with public figures for so long that it's getting old. That, and we were listening to a Jim Norton standup at work where he talked about the "fake outrage" over Paula Deen when that was going on and I was (incorrectly) drawing parallels.
So you are picking out the specific parts you find acceptable...why exactly???

He said he can do whatever he wants to women because he's a star. Then he said he just grabs them in the pussy. I want to see you try and say this is ok.

Get out of here with that absolute nonsense.

Fitts

So you are picking out the specific parts you find acceptable...why exactly???

He said he can do whatever he wants to women because he's a star. Then he said he just grabs them in the pussy. I want to see you try and say this is ok.

Get out of here with that absolute nonsense.

Because I didn't hear the other shit and you don't read apparently.

You were still trying to defend you stance.

Im done derailing the thread, so I'll edit in this response.

On typical guy talk? Sure was, but I conceded that what was in the recording went beyond that and my original post was wrong.

Me with my selective hearing and you with your selective reading. We're a regular odd couple!

what a fucking pot-kettle post

just drop it, wear the L

Already did.

Forearms

Meanwhile, at Trump Campaign HQ:

giphy.gif

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is the one that will actually take him down, voters who watched a man say that Mexicans are rapists, that he'd kick all Muslims out of the US, that he'd encourage nuclear proliferation and would hold our NATO allies hostage in exchange for dues thought to themselves. This is the big one.

studyguy

Gulliani (probably) - "Everyone grabs that pussy sometimes, I mean look at me! I grabbed my mistress all the time, everyone does it!"

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all guy talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

Edit... addition from later post for y'all that are just going to read over it: K. Maybe I didn't catch the straight up rapey bits. I was listening whilst making dinner.

It's true that my lust for women is virtually limitless, but that doesn't mean I will ever, ever talk about women in such a manner.

'Grab them by the pussy', seriously? That attitude speaks volumes as to the validity of the rape allegations if you ask me.

"Can someone who works in TV tell me if its normal to be recording from worn mics on a bus like that? That's what this is right?"

Lapel mics are common for recording people, yes.

border

Corey Lewandowski about to be on CNN. This should be good.

I have to imagine they are going to pull any and all campaign surrogates and representatives from TV until they figure out some kind of response to all of this. I am curious what Lewandowski's spin will be though. Is there any way to watch CNN Livestream if I have a cable provider's login?

This is the one that will actually take him down, voters who watched a man say that Mexicans are rapists, that he'd kick all Muslims out of the US, that he'd encourage nuclear proliferation and would hold our NATO allies hostage in exchange for dues thought to themselves. This is the big one.

You mean the candidate that is already struggling big time with educated women, and already had huge unfavorables, and has been sliding bigly in the polls since the last debate? AND he has another debate on Sunday. Bruh, stick a fork in him.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
"Can someone who works in TV tell me if its normal to be recording from worn mics on a bus like that? That's what this is right?"

Lapel mics are common for recording people, yes.

I'm more surprised that they were powered and recording for that entire thing, when they hadn't even gotten into the filming building yet

GhaleonEB

This basically reveals that Trump is exactly who we think he is in private. Not surprising but sure is fucking disgusting.

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all guy talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

Edit... addition from later post for y'all that are just going to read over it: K. Maybe I didn't catch the straight up rapey bits. I was listening whilst making dinner.

MRA/Elliot Rodgers type dudes talk like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom