• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a sexual predator is a good thing? Just like that woman who said he made these comments when he was a democrat. Like what the fuck does that have to do with anything? Doesn't matter who you are, if you make these comments you should get criticized.

He said "we're not electing a priest" and did not answer the anchor's questions over whether the comments indicated sexual assault.

CNN right now with those 3 lol.

I hate how they weren't getting called on their bullshit talking point to turn this on Bill Clinton.

He's not running.

He was never convicted of any assault, only accused.

He never admitted to assaulting women.

His known dalliance was consensual.

The shit Trump was caught saying on tape amounts to him bragging about sexually assaulting women because he can. Because he's powerful. Fucking stop trying to equate the two.

MIMIC

Banned
4rGRcMu.jpg

omg xD

I still don't get why people think this will "end" him or its "over".

This is an inflection point. The important thing is less the content of the actual recording, and more that it's something bad enough that all the people who've hated supporting him from the outset and were looking for a chance to jump ship now have an easy "out".

If politics are team sports, then this is a team down 49-3 in the 4th quarter failing to recover the ball after having it kicked to them. No, it's not like the team wasn't fucking up right and left before, but it's the point where even the hometown fans are going to get fed up and leave the game early because it's obvious that it isn't going to turn around.

Strimei

Its the dam breaking.

I mean, numerous republicans rescinding their endorsements, many coming out and just outright saying how horrible it is what he said, him actually going so far as to make an "apology" video (even if it was obviously forced).

This is big.

hokahey

I just can't even fathom how close to 40% of what used to be one of the greatest nations of humankind supported/support such a rancid piece of human waste. I don't even want to know of anyone in my personal life who could have ever thought he's an acceptable choice - I genuinely don't know if I could ever respect their thoughts on anything, no matter the subject, ever again.

And our country is filled with tens of millions of these people! What in the blubbering hell! It's loathsome.

It's also really pathetic that this is the straw that broke the camel's back. That so many people can pretend to take the moral high ground by disavowing this comment but not the hundreds of other snake-like vile Dump has slathered out is insulting to anyone who even has mild aspirations to possess a base-level of human decency.

Hell, saying little donny is snake-like is an insult to the animal kingdom -he's more like a rotting pile of maggot excrement, not fit to be fed more than the base level of sustenance humans require to stay alive (so he could stop actively harming society). I'd imagine any of his followers who share his belief are the same.

It's really hard for me these days to reconcile my intense views on justice with my sincere belief that all human life is worthy of dignity and deserves equal opportunities for fulfillment.

Sorry for contributing to more negativity - despite being desensitized to just about everything after 15 years of daily online living (as I'm sure most other Internet denizens are as well), I'm sometimes still taken aback by the depraved low-points our species is capable of in goddam 2016.

Feels oh so very bad, my brothers and sisters. It's a black hole devoid of hope - even when Hillary (who I also strongly dislike, though not as much and for very different reasons) wins, there will still be millions and millions of these bone-headed meatsacks in our country whose only goal is to remain a slave to the most ugly base desires humanity is capable of :(

Many to most Trump supporters are single issue voters regarding abortion. They see anything he's said or done as far less evil that "killing a baby." I mean, if I saw abortion that way, I can kind of understand.

I'm gonna give you a nice billeted list so you can understand it.

• The RNC chairman hates Trump's disgusting comments.
• The RNC candidates of McCain and many others dropped support of him.
• Most mainstream news (except Fox News obviously) is covering this.
• Trump surrogates are getting raked through the coals now.
• The victory project for Trump got stopped in its tracks completely.
• Pence has stepped away from Trump for the next 48 hours so Trump can "handle" this.

If this doesn't look like writing on the wall for Trump to you, then you must be looking at something entirely different than us.

Also anyone feel like adding anything I missed, please feel free. This might be good for those who might come into the thread and want to know what is going down.

MUnited83

For you.

I would have agree with this when the news broke and I though republicans would just let it slip and make excuse for him. But now that we've seen countless republicans withdrawing their support and endorsments and criticizing him in the media.
Yeah, he's done, he can't come back from this.

I'm gonna give you a nice billeted list so you can understand it.

• The RNC chairman dropped Trump
• The RNC reps dropped Trump
• Most mainstream news (except Fox News obviously) is covering this.
• Trump surrogates are getting raked through the coals now.
• The victory project for Trump got stopped in its tracks completely.
• Pence has stepped away from Trump for the next 48 hours so Trump can "handle" this.

If this doesn't look like writing on the wall for Trump to you, then you must be looking at something entirely different than us.

Also anyone feel like adding anything I missed, please feel free. This might be good for those who might come into the thread and want to know what is going down.

This post has some inaccuracies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well, while I am unsure as to why this thing over all the others is the tipping point, it sure looks like it is for real, otherwise you wouldn't have so many GOP politicians hurrying to withdraw their endorsement. So yeah, this is pretty big. It might be the one scandal that finally sticks.

Wallach

I'll explain it to you the same way I did Reddit:

While PTFE is stable and nontoxic at lower temperatures, it begins to deteriorate after the temperature of cookware reaches about 260 °C (500 °F), and decomposes above 350 °C (662 °F). The degradation by-products can be lethal to birds, and can cause flu-like symptoms in humans—see polymer fume fever.

So I've been busy the last two days and have only skimmed through this thread but from what I'm seeing and hearing, I can only summarize this with this gif

aIccjp0.gif

That about right?

.JayZii

Banned
I'm about 15 minutes behind on CNN, but Jeffrey Lord and the other two are ridiculous.

"Is there anything Trump could do that would make you drop your support?"

JL: "No"

Later, when pressed...

JL: *laughing* "Murder?"
Whoa i just realized the other guy in this was Billy bush from Access Hollywood? This guys just joined the Today Show. I wonder how this is affecting his career.
Not positively.

Strimei

Whoa i just realized the other guy in this was Billy bush from Access Hollywood? This guys just joined the Today Show. I wonder how this is affecting his career.

What still kinda blows my mind is finding out he's Jeb!'s cousin.

I figured it was just a case of "same last name, no relation".

Trouble

Banned

He published an apology for his part pretty quickly. His enabling was really gross and I think he should be held to account.

Many to most Trump supporters are single issue voters regarding abortion. They see anything he's said or done as far less evil that "killing a baby." I mean, if I saw abortion that way, I can kind of understand.

No, they are single-issue anti-Muslim voters.

No one who isn't a mark thinks that Trump would actually nominate anti-abortion judges.

Megasoum

Banned
I've watched so much CNN in the last 24hours that I'm seriously thinking about doing a full The West Wing rewatch right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom