• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
CruzSad1.png

He'd be perfect for a Ziggy live action film.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Realistically speaking, is there a chance that someone could replace Trump?
I guess if Trump stepped down, Pence would take his role, but I don't know if there's precedent of that before they are even elected.

Because of early/overseas voting, some ballots have already been cast, so they can't change the person nominated on ballot. So maybe they can oust him with Pence, since he was already the running mate (and so anyone voting for Trump is assumed to be OK voting for Pence by default), but not with anyone else.

Disclaimer: I don't know that any of this is fact, I'm just speculating xD

No. There is no precedent. And many states have already begun to accept early votes. And even if there WAS some kind of precedent, it would still vary from state to state how exactly he could be replaced on the ballot, meaning the logistics of coordinating it nation-wide it only a month's time would be a nightmare.

The GoP is stuck with Trump, long story short.

.JayZii

Banned
CNN:

"What do you think is not being covered about Hillary Clinton? Name one thing."

"What was written that was so offensive? You're bringing this up, make your argument. Make your argument."

I love when they ask them to clarify, rather than just insinuate.

I hope Hillary goes for the jugular on Sunday. If Trump is really going in with Bill Clinton affairs as his primary ammunition, she should be prepared to flip that shit on him straight quick.

She really should be able to tee off on that one. He's only been telegraphing that talking point since the aftermath of the first debate.

Only two ways
A. Trump says he will resign if elected, wins and actually keeps his word (HAHAHAHA).
B. Republicans create the best ground game every seen in the world in under a month and somehow get a write in to win.....so no.

Strimei

The only way to replace him on the ballot is if he dies, he voluntarily withdraws, or "other", I believe, with other being stuff like being declared mentally incompetent and the like.

He's a lock. I don't see him backing out, and even if he does, his own fans will be furious and it won't help.

Plus ballots are being printed, early votes going out, any votes cast for Trump won't count for Pence (or whoever repalces him). They are screwed.

I guess if Trump stepped down, Pence would take his role, but I don't know if there's precedent of that before they are even elected.

Because of early/overseas voting, some ballots have already been cast, so they can't change the person nominated on ballot. So maybe they can oust him with Pence, since he was already the running mate (and so anyone voting for Trump is assumed to be OK voting for Pence by default), but not with anyone else.

Disclaimer: I don't know that any of this is fact, I'm just speculating xD

There was a report that a Pence/Carson ticket would then be pushed. Which...would be fun in its own right given the history of both.

The only way to replace him on the ballot is if he dies, he voluntarily withdraws, or "other", I believe, with other being stuff like being declared mentally incompetent and the like.

I think that's just the theoretical party rules. The state failing deadlines are the main thing.

I'm really surprised that there is no legal way to remove a candidate.

A situation like this has never happened before. You can bet after this mess the GoP will be changing how the primary works, either by adding something like Superdelagates or something to ensure their base doesn't nominate an unelectable lunatic.

Holy shit, the Trump surrogate. Donald Trump never said he was a moral role model, so the sexual assault doesn't really matter. What the fuck.

riotous

Banned
I still don't get why people think this will "end" him or its "over".

The comments cross a line; everything else he's said has fit this "what conservatives wish they could say out loud" mantra. Fear of immigrants, bombing the Middle East, calling fat liberal women pigs, etc.

He's attacked people they couldn't care less about; this latest recording isn't about other people, it's describing himself as a serial sexual assaulter. And he could be talking about their wives or their daughters. They belong in the kitchen guarded by shotguns, not having their pussies grabbed by orange men.

RPGCrazied

This Trump surrogate on MSNBC saying that Trump is just being anti-establishment which is a good thing.

Being a sexual predator is a good thing? Just like that woman who said he made these comments when he was a democrat. Like what the fuck does that have to do with anything? Doesn't matter who you are, if you make these comments you should get criticized.

Strimei

I think that's just the theoretical party rules. The state failing deadlines are the main thing.

Ah yeah there's that too.

You can bet if they try to replace him, willing or not, there's a legal battle a-coming. If Trump gets forced off, he's doing it. If not, I bet you the democrats would.

Cindro

I just can't even fathom how close to 40% of what used to be one of the greatest nations of humankind supported/support such a rancid piece of human waste. I don't even want to know of anyone in my personal life who could have ever thought he's an acceptable choice - I genuinely don't know if I could ever respect their thoughts on anything, no matter the subject, ever again.

And our country is filled with tens of millions of these people! What in the blubbering hell! It's loathsome.

It's also really pathetic that this is the straw that broke the camel's back. That so many people can pretend to take the moral high ground by disavowing this comment but not the hundreds of other snake-like vile Dump has slathered out is insulting to anyone who even has mild aspirations to possess a base-level of human decency.

Hell, saying little donny is snake-like is an insult to the animal kingdom -he's more like a rotting pile of maggot excrement, not fit to be fed more than the base level of sustenance humans require to stay alive (so he could stop actively harming society). I'd imagine any of his followers who share his belief are the same.

It's really hard for me these days to reconcile my intense views on justice with my sincere belief that all human life is worthy of dignity and deserves equal opportunities for fulfillment.

Sorry for contributing to more negativity - despite being desensitized to just about everything after 15 years of daily online living (as I'm sure most other Internet denizens are as well), I'm sometimes still taken aback by the depraved low-points our species is capable of in goddam 2016.

Feels oh so very bad, my brothers and sisters. It's a black hole devoid of hope - even when Hillary (who I also strongly dislike, though not as much and for very different reasons) wins, there will still be millions and millions of these bone-headed meatsacks in our country whose only goal is to remain a slave to the most ugly base desires humanity is capable of :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom