• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
It actually is yes. Doesn't mean you would want to be around those people.
I've certainly heard guys talk about women like this, and they are usually absolute scumbags. I would say the majority of normal men don't talk about "grabbing women in the pussy" or "doing whatever they want" to them. I have met a couple that go even that low, and they are people I would consider sociopaths.

Donald Trump is a sociopath.

Shoutouts to the "straight dudes" in this thread saying this is typical behavior. uhhh, no, it is not. and any dude with any sense about him would never utter the fucking words, "GRAB THEM BY THE PUSSY". Do any of you dudes defending this have any clue about the female anatomy? jesus

Who is defending it?

I mean, again, rape culture is a real thing. I don't know why people are acting like it's wrong to say there are scummy men who talk like this in the world. It doesn't make them fit to be president.

^

For the record I've heard this shit from high school locker rooms, college parties, and even this week a crazy old dude in the optical center at the Myrtle Beach Walmart.

The fuck, to the people saying this is typical straight guy behavior? Rape culture is alive and well.

Look, straight people aren't even really human*, so it's not okay to judge them by basic standards of decency

*Judging by what people say is acceptable for straight people to do anyway because daaaamn

SaganIsGOAT

Someone asked how Christians can support Trump after all this stuff. These are some of their priorities:

YucEQr0.png

https://twitter.com/KilloughCNN/status/784525953015963649

Single issue voters are the worst. I was talking to a pro life chick the other day who basically admitted that the only thing she cared about was making sure abortion was illegal. Shoutouts to the cells that matter more than the people that already exist.

@EsotericCD 8m8 minutes ago
Jeff B/DDHQ Retweeted Rick Wilson
I've been fed at least three things that are worse. And I'm Some Guy On The Internet. It will get darker.Jeff B/DDHQ added,
Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson
If you think this is anywhere near the most morally repugnant thing about Trump to come out before the election, you're going to be shocked.

second confirmation of worse stuff

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Guess John Oliver will have to cover the election YET AGAIN on Sunday. I feel sorry for him, I know he wants to talk about other stuff

Well, only one month to go and we'll all be free from having to talk Trump vs Hillary.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Those grips and actors aren't running for President.

I agree? I'm not even remotely supporting it or defending it.

I got bad news though: I have also heard men tell rape jokes worse than these on stage with a microphone... Racist jokes too!

It's actually scary to me that people think this is so rare. Ya'll think women are trying to trick you when they talk about this shit?

rjinaz

I've herd crude talk about sex but its always been consensual sex, not assault

Good point. He is specifically saying he'll just grab woman because he can. My first thoughts on this was it was just sex talk between guys but he flatout went with sexual assault there. That is not "ok" talk or thoughts even.

Yea no that's a really weird and creepy way he locker room talks

Also to some who say it's heard among men all the time I say bullfuckingshit

Maybe in fucking high school when you're hormones are crazy but as a grown ass adult I or any of the other men I know and associate with don't talk the way that Trump does

Cromat

My Catholic grandmother saw this on the news and finally chimed it after they cut to "Hillary said he is unfit for president." Her response? "Not as unfit for president as you are" and "the liberal media will dig back all the way to his birth to to find something to use against him."

This is why we need to fucking get rid of the two party system. Unbelievable.

Great example of why this won't hurt him at all. At this point, this kind of stuff can't damage him further. He's a known entity, and to a lesser extent so is Clinton.

I actually don't know if going on live television and saying the n-word would hurt him at this point. If he's going to lose, he was going to lose even without this recording.

oti

Banned
I honestly don't see how he can even make it to the debate after this. He'd be beyond delusional if he does.

So let me get this straight. After all Trump has said and done, after basically admitting he's willing to go to war, use nuclear weapons, build a wall, deport all Muslims, after all of those peace threatening threats, this is the thing that could sink him? THIS?

America is so weird.

riotous

Banned
I hang out with thousands of fortune 500 CEO's and they all talk like this; it's a secret code and not meant to be offensive. You'd understand if you were one of the boys.

MrBadger

Shoutouts to the "straight dudes" in this thread saying this is typical behavior. uhhh, no, it is not. and any dude with any sense about him would never utter the fucking words, "GRAB THEM BY THE PUSSY". Do any of you dudes defending this have any clue about the female anatomy? jesus

I don't understand how "lots of men say stuff like this!" is meant to be a defence for Trump. Because it reads more like there's a serious underlying problem that expands beyond Trump and doesn't make what he said any less disgusting.

ScribbleD

"Grab 'em by the pussy," isn't even the worst part. It's crass and hits the ear in all the worst ways, but it is absolutely not even close to the worst part of his comments.

“And when you’re a star they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

THAT is fucked up and really rapey.

GhaleonEB

The video is somehow even worse than the transcript. I feel icky after listening that. What a cretin.

Billie Bush comes out much worse than I thought based on the article.

DuffDry

Maybe in fucking high school when you're hormones are crazy but as a grown ass adult I or any of the other men I know and associate with don't talk the way that Trump does

This is also important to remember. So-called "locker room talk" is a very real thing, but there are limits. They usually involve very young men and booze. Trump doesn't drink and he's what, sixty-something in this video? That's not even touching the fact that the woman was married, he was married, and that "grab them by-" line was totally messed up. You say crap like that to me in the proverbial locker room and I'm raising an eyebrow.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I honestly don't see how he can even make it to the debate after this. He'd be beyond delusional if he does.

Trump is an evil, vain creature who will continue to self destruct and fall prey to his own pride time and again. That's why he will go to the debate.

Hilary literally doesn't have to say a word Sunday and he will bury himself. He's that demented.

I don't understand how "lots of men say stuff like this!" is meant to be a defence for Trump. Because it reads more like there's a serious underlying problem that expands beyond Trump and doesn't make what he said any less disgusting.

because:

a.) it's a lie. guys are vulgar but casually talking about sexual assault is not common.

and b.) it's a response that's solely there to normalize trump's words (which aren't normal, see above)

Believe it or not, that's how a lot of men talk amongst other men about their sexual conquests and exploits.

I'd say that's more accurate for young males. most "men" grow out of it. by all accounts trump is the same as he was in middle school. Trump was about 60-years old when this was recorded and was newly married to his 3rd wife.

hobozero

If Trump were to pull out of the race and Pence take over the nomination (at least I think that is how it works), wouldn't that give him a pretty good chance at winning? Republicans can come forwards and say "Whew, I don't have to vote for Trump!" and Hillary's low approval numbers would no longer be offset by Trumps even lower approvals? Assuming Trump does finally pull out and Cruz doesn't re-emerge and demand the nomination.

rjinaz

A man in his 60s. Just married like 8 months ago. And I also heard she would have been pregnant at that time. Though not sure how accurate that is.

He is not some college freshman looking to get laid. Yeah it really is something else. The video is creepy.

SaganIsGOAT

I never said they were defending Trump, they were merely admitting that they say the same shit and downplaying the significance of it by defending the words.

I'd say that's more accurate for young males. most "men" grow out of it. by all accounts trump is the same as he was in middle school. Trump was about 60-years old when this was recorded and was newly married to his 3rd wife.

This is the worst part. Man I wish Jeb had won the ticket. I could potentially live with that loss.

Owzers

Andrea Mitchell just held up a stack of hillary's speeches to Wall Street during trump discussion on hardball.

Edit: meant for poligaf.

The deflection from Trump supporters is already "But Bill Clinton raped 20,000 women and no one cares about that!!!" so this changes nothing if you already believe in da librul media and conspiracy theories

Kusagari

I think I know what the true Trump October surprise is going to be.

Comments on religion that are so bad even Evangelicals can't look away.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
If Trump were to pull out of the race and Pence take over the nomination (at least I think that is how it works), wouldn't that give him a pretty good chance at winning? Republicans can come forwards and say "Whew, I don't have to vote for Trump!" and Hillary's low approval numbers would no longer be offset by Trumps even lower approvals? Assuming Trump does finally pull out and Cruz doesn't re-emerge and demand the nomination.

Cruz is kicking himself right now

Piggus

"Grab 'em by the pussy," isn't even the worst part. It's crass and hits the ear in all the worst ways, but it is absolutely not even close to the worst part of his comments.

THAT is fucked up and really rapey.

That part made me really fucking uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom