• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strimei

If Trump were to pull out of the race and Pence take over the nomination (at least I think that is how it works), wouldn't that give him a pretty good chance at winning? Republicans can come forwards and say "Whew, I don't have to vote for Trump!" and Hillary's low approval numbers would no longer be offset by Trumps even lower approvals? Assuming Trump does finally pull out and Cruz doesn't re-emerge and demand the nomination.

I don't believe he can actually pull out at this point, he's on the ballot and there's no changing that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that there have been cases in other elections (not presidential, admittedly) where even candidates who died were still on the ballot.

I heard about this earlier today but shrugged it off as another Trump comment.

Only after I got off work did I see the full level of fuckery. Many other things should have done him in. But he got propped up by the GOP ducks without a backbone.

This is glorious. If outside of the other things, this is the one that did him in, I'll take it. I'll also take it destroying any part of the GOP. Because they deserve it.

Saganator

I've worked blue collar jobs, been in locker rooms, played on sports teams, I've never heard a dude talk like this. Lots of talk about nice boobs and ass, girls we'd like bang, but I've NEVER heard anything near "grab em in the pussy." A lot of that gross locker room banter are dudes just professing their admiration of the female body in a manly and gross way, the way Trump was talking it was like him getting off on being able to treat women like shit because he's a "star."

Hiltz

Wow, the timing of this bombshell news against Trump is so damn good for Clinton. Trump now has to play defense going into the next debate. What I don't understand is what undecided voters need to hear from Clinton and Donald that hasn't already been said, or has already been known about them. Trump is a pure bred scumbag even if you put aside his questionably corrupt business methods.

The state of the campaign is such that perhaps Clinton's camp will take their foot off the gas and just coast; the damage is done, Trump will do more on his own, etc. Or they could go full throttle and focus on creating a complete wipeout effect on republicans running throughout the country.

There are different types of oppo files. There are oppo files that lose someone their career - someone was caught stealing, physically abusing someone, doing drugs, etc. And then there are oppo files that lose someone their life - as in their family. Clinton's camp has files that are in the latter category.

shiba5

"Grab 'em by the pussy," isn't even the worst part. It's crass and hits the ear in all the worst ways, but it is absolutely not even close to the worst part of his comments.

THAT is fucked up and really rapey.

Yeah, the part where he talks about just kissing them whether they want it or not - because he can - is so super gross.
I hope his businesses tank and he and his three skittles end up wearing burlap sacks.

User1608

Banned
Good on Jeb.
If Trump were to pull out of the race and Pence take over the nomination (at least I think that is how it works), wouldn't that give him a pretty good chance at winning? Republicans can come forwards and say "Whew, I don't have to vote for Trump!" and Hillary's low approval numbers would no longer be offset by Trumps even lower approvals? Assuming Trump does finally pull out and Cruz doesn't re-emerge and demand the nomination.
I don't think so, because Trump supporters would be livid and stay home.

The state of the campaign is such that perhaps Clinton's camp will take their foot off the gas and just coast; the damage is done, Trump will do more on his own, etc. Or they could go full throttle and focus on creating a complete wipeout effect on republicans running throughout the country.

There are different types of oppo files. There are oppo files that lose someone their career - someone was caught stealing, physically abusing someone, doing drugs, etc. And then there are oppo files that lose someone their life - as in their family. Clinton's camp has files that are in the latter category.
I like the full throttle destroy the GOP route. It's well deserved.

I'd say that's more accurate for young males. most "men" grow out of it. by all accounts trump is the same as he was in middle school. Trump was about 60-years old when this was recorded and was newly married to his 3rd wife.

For the most part I agree with you, but there's also a difference with somebody who views women as objects and marries trophy wives.

TheFatOne

And it'll work just like every other time they've done something heinous, pretended it didn't happen, and watched the polls shift to their favor.

Not exactly. He's done long term damage to their chances of courting hispanics in the future. Going to be hard to win the general without minority voters, and they aren't simply going to forget this.

Fat4all

Banned
Jeb is like the hero nerd that comes out and defeats the bully in the end with science and reason. While I hate this neocon and his dynasty, he did good here.

ciqIdy019mLPG.gif

Macam

Banned
I'm an atheist and I feel like Christ is closer to my soul than Ralph Reed's.

This made me laugh ('cause it's spot on).

Reed shouldn't be interpreted as a man of faith; he's a power hungry, shadow operator aimed at lining his own pockets and has made a small fortune doing so for decades.

So if there are worse stories ready and waiting, when do people think they will be unleashed?

I mean from an outsiders perspective this seems like the perfect opportunity to finish off the GOP since they all agreed to stand behind trump knowing he was a piece of shit so you can go for maximum damage if you go all out this election since they are at their weakest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom