• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
What good would it do at this point? It'd only resonate with people who were going to vote for him come hell or high water anyway. If this was a one off, maybe. Its probably one of the countless things hes said and continued to say until even now.
I'd hope he'd make it worse.

v91UXmM.png

LOL

Cromat

Unbelievable, this seems to have struck him between the scales of his armor. I wonder if this will actually hurt him in the polls and not just in his party.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Trump being uninvited from tomorrow's event by Ryan says it all. They've cut ties with all the lies he's been living in.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The ratings for Sunday's debate are going to be through the roof.

Unbelievable, this seems to have struck him between the scales of his armor. I wonder if this will actually hurt him in the polls and not just in his party.

He can probably see all the married middle class Republican women waving goodbye in his rearview right now.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My 9-year old daughter had to write a five paragraph essay on the two candidates this week. The assignment was clear, and we received a long email from her teacher to emphasize, that this was to be an "objective informational essay for voters." Just the facts, nothing that could be construed as an opinion, nothing that could be considered "disparaging to the candidates." I sent her an email asking if my daughter could directly quote Trump and was told "not if it's anything negative about Clinton or that implies Trump is a bad candidate." Stick to planned policy, she suggested.

Lemme tell you how gross I feel right now for enforcing those guidelines to the letter.
Ouch, may I ask where you're from?

CHC

Whoa this thread really blew up. It seems like this news is getting a lot of attention. I'm a little confused. I didn't think we'd finally see something damage his campaign the way it should have.

How did this gain traction?

a) It's VERY simple and easy to understand. A lot of other things like dealings with Russia or taxes require context that many people don't have the time or energy to get acquainted with.

b) The video is VERY gross. He's more or less admitting to casually and regularly committing a crime - and not a white collar or "victimless" one either, but good old fashioned sexual assault.

vypek

Did you watch the video? If not watch the video and ask yourself that question again.

Didn't watch the video when I was on mobile. Just came to this last page. Will watch now.

Are you being serious?

Yes. I hadn't seen the video.

a) It's VERY simple and easy to understand. A lot of other things like dealings with Russia or taxes require context that many people don't have the time or energy to get acquainted with.

b) The video is VERY gross. He's more or less admitting to casually and regularly committing a crime - and not a white collar or "victimless" one either, but good old fashioned sexual assault.

Thanks and seeing the video now.

Saw a clip of reporters hounding Pence for a response. I can't believe that he didn't go with "He never said that". (He wouldn't speak at all).

mackaveli

Maddow said that Ryan and Pence will be together tomorrow and Trump and Priebus will be in New York ahha.

Guess Priebus got stuck with Trump

sphagnum

Banned
Funny how misogyny is what finally breaks Ryan but he was able to look away when Trump said things that Ryan himself called racist.

Trey

I'm actually amazed this one is blowing up. I mean Russian intelligence was helping his campaign. He was sued by the feds for racial housing discrimination. He said POWs were losers. He threatened nuclear strikes.

But this seems to be the one. I don't get it.

Exact same thing I said. But I guess in this case they have direct audio of him saying some immediately offensive. There's no real spinning it as anything bit crass and dangerous.

johnsmith

remember me
im going to guess this does nothing to hurt him, unfortunately.

really gross

also, i never heard of this billy bush guy before. he said something about being immature, but he was like 33 at the time lol

There wouldn't be an 20 page thread within a couple of hours if this wasn't a huge fucking deal. This is the worst thing he's said since his campaign started. He is admitting to getting away with sexually assaulting women because he's famous. This is not going to just blow over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom