• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how misogyny is what finally breaks Ryan but he was able to look away when Trump said things that Ryan himself called racist.

If he's still appearing with Pence tomorrow he hasn't broken ranks yet. Still in "look away" mode until he actually pulls his endorsement regardless of what his press releases claim.

RPGCrazied

CuNWdWOXEAAR7QV.jpg

chadskin

How the story leaked out, via http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/07/media/access-hollywood-donald-trump-tape/index.html
The videotape of Donald Trump that is shaking up the presidential election sat forgotten on a shelf at NBC's "Access Hollywood" until just a few days ago.

On Monday, according to an NBC source, one of the entertainment newsmagazine's producers remembered Trump's 2005 taping session with former "Access" co-host Billy Bush.

Trump's offensive comments about Alicia Machado were still making waves. And the Associated Press had just published a detailed story quoting former "Apprentice" employees saying Trump "was lewd and sexist" while taping the reality show.

With that in mind, a producer dug up the tape.

By mid-week, executive producer Rob Silverstein and his producing team had taken a look at its contents, and discovered that among other things it included a moment in which Trump told Bush, "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

It also included Trump saying he once tried and failed to sleep with Nancy O'Dell, who was Bush's co-host at the time.

After reviewing the tape, "we were debating what to do" with it, an NBC source explained.

By Friday morning, Silverstein had decided to broadcast it, and a script had been written. The story was not slated to air on Friday night's edition of the show, however.

That means the earliest it would have aired is Monday night -- after Sunday's presidential debate.

Another NBC source confirmed that "Access" was working on a story, and that NBC News knew about it, but said that as of Friday morning the story "wasn't quite finalized."

That's when Silverstein was notified that David Fahrenthold of The Washington Post had come into possession of a copy.

Fahrenthold has been reporting for months on Trump's charitable donations and the Trump Foundation. The tape was apparently leaked to him.

Fahrenthold asked NBC for comment about the tape around noon Eastern time. The producers at "Access," which is based in California, were blindsided by Fahrenthold's call.

Contacted by CNNMoney on Friday, Farenthold declined to comment about how he obtained the tape.

But sources at NBC believe someone inside NBC downloaded the footage from one of the network's video servers. The tape was accessible internally since the "Access" story was already in the works.

Silverstein told Page Six on Friday afternoon, "I don't know who leaked it. I have no idea."

New Nich Kristof story from the NYT. Was meant to be a Sunday editorial, but they went early:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-groper-in-chief.html

We’ve all heard of Trump’s unethical or loutish behavior, most recently in a 2005 recording unearthed by The Washington Post on Friday in which he boasts of kissing and groping women. The story that Harth and the boyfriend, George Houraney, tell of their interactions with Trump over six years — including business cheating and attempted rape — shows how that predation worked in practice. “He name-dropped continuously,” Harth said under oath in a deposition in a subsequent lawsuit, “when he wasn’t groping me.”

Harth and Houraney were simply an ordinary Florida couple thrilled that Trump wanted to partner with them. And that’s when the nightmare began. (Trump strongly denies these improprieties.) Anyone thinking about voting for Trump would do well to listen to Houraney and Harth.

Lubricus

Billy Bush is “horribly embarrassed” by the Donald Trump tape — while TV insiders are tittering that it must have been leaked by staffers on his former show “Access Hollywood.”

And while we’re told producers at “Today” and NBC News are appalled by his conversation with the presidential hopeful, Bush’s job at the morning show is safe.

An NBC insider said: “It happened 11 years ago … Billy was in a different place. He was a lot younger and more immature. He’s definitely embarrassed by this, but his job at ‘Today’ is safe.”

http://pagesix.com/2016/10/07/horribly-embarrassed-billy-bush-wont-lost-job-over-trump-tape/

There wouldn't be an 20 page thread within a couple of hours if this wasn't a huge fucking deal. This is the worst thing he's said since his campaign started. He is admitting to getting away with sexually assaulting women because he's famous. This is not going to just blow over.

He should've already been kicked from the race. How he hasn't been yet is completely embarrassing and is making this country look bad.

There wouldn't be an 20 page thread within a couple of hours if this wasn't a huge fucking deal. This is the worst thing he's said since his campaign started.
Disagree, vile as bragging about getting away with sexual assault is. It's just the worst thing he's said that the most Americans can agree is bad.

So, any bets on the first major Republican to official un-endorse Trump over this? Ryan and McCain have already passed on chances to do so. Cruz? Cruz has to be kicking himself over his grudging endorsement. I'd love to see his next conversation with Priebus.

border

Funny how misogyny is what finally breaks Ryan but he was able to look away when Trump said things that Ryan himself called racist.

Women are 50% of voters, black people only 10%. He's just playing a numbers game. Easy to ignore racism, harder to ignore sexism.

Apollo

Banned
this is so lame...this is like me or someone else talking about sex with another guy. Only bad part I see is him talking about a married woman. This does nothing to move the needle really. While Clinton has some real shit on her.

I love how all Republicans are suddenly shocked! that a man who was obviously a scumbag piece of shit creep ends up being a scumbag piece of shit creep.

CHC

this is so lame...this is like me or someone else talking about sex with another guy. Only bad part I see is him talking about a married woman. This does nothing to move the needle really. While Clinton has some real shit on her.

dude

Link

The Autumn Wind
Rachel Maddow putting it in the simplest terms:

"You're awake, by the way. You're not having a terrible, terrible dream. Also, you're not dead and you haven't gone to hell. This is your life now. This is our election now. This is us. This is our country. It's real."

btown

You talk about raping women with your buddies?

faisal233

The only way for you to get sex is sexual assault?

Curufinwe

Yeah, you're not living in reality.

Did you just admit to casually discussing sexual assault with other guys??

Gibbo

NYT and Washington post should bag all journalism awards in the coming year. Their take down of Trump in the last few months has been unreleantless. Glad to see this is the one that might finally destroy him

RPGCrazied

Oh please, can we stop the whole she is worse than Trump. Not by a country mile and you know it.

Protein

Banned

Because walking up to women and sexually assaulting them is just regular guy sex talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom