• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makonero

NBC Should Release Raw Footage of 'The Apprentice'

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ice/403744/?utm_source=atltw#article-comments

In the interest of giving the public as accurate an understanding as possible of a leading presidential candidate, NBC’s news division should upload all of the raw footage from The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice to the web. Let voters see what Trump was really like while the show was being filmed, for better or worse; let them judge if the hours that they spent with the billionaire left an accurate impression or constituted a false portrayal of someone less presidential than he seemed.

We’re all poring over Hillary Clinton’s email. Why not scrutinize this too? If NBC News had exclusive access to hours of video featuring Marco Rubio or Scott Walker or Jeb Bush on the job surely they would mine it for newsworthy moments. If Trump is legally entitled to block the release of the footage and exercises that option, that, too, would be telling. But maybe he won’t mind extra publicity.

Has he ever?

border

Even if it were logistically possible for the Republicans to get a new nominee, who in the hell would step up to the plate? No career politician would want to step into this dumpster fire of a campaign that is 3-4 weeks away from an embarrassing loss.

Maybe Gary Johnson might step up, but nobody else would want to be the loser, since the party pretty much disavows any and all failed candidates.

Calidor

Are you trying to argue that unless someone screams no or fights back, it can't be sexual assault? Are you really that dense?

That women actually ended DATING Trump after that incident. At this point is the other part that needs to be defending the assault accusation, and not the other way around

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Waiting until tomorrow seems like bad strategy. Vulnerable Republicans are inflating their lifeboats as we speak

Yeah, the video needs to happen ASAP. An apology video isn't going to stop the bleeding but it would be a temporary bandaid that might stop other Republicans from pulling their endorsement. At least with a video they have something to point towards and justify a wait & see approach. The longer this is out there with no official response, the worse it gets

rekameohs

Banned
So Access Hollywood (per MSNBC) is saying that they have even more footage of stuff just like today's release.
release-the-kraken-gif.gif

FUCK I really wanted to play Final Fantasy XIV tonight lol. Uggghh but this is so good. It's so good. So good, you know, and I'm right because I'm a truth-teller.

^^^but will they RELEASE it

Gobias

Banned
I just had to go off an a family member who did her whole "Hillary has problems too" thing. This election has broken me.

Gutek

It's never been enforced though and the penalties are often like a fine. The party could reimburse them.

Some states even have secret ballots for the electors.

It's not semantics. Reince Priebus has never been elected to any public office that I'm aware of. He certainly currently isn't serving in one.

Being the head of a corporation doesn't put you in "service" to a country.

It is when that corporation is the organ that leads one of the two major political parties in the country. Don't be pedantic.

Darksol

That women actually ended DATING Trump after that incident. At this point is the other part that needs to be defending the assault accusation, and not the other way around

Oh, silly me, I forgot that you can't sexually assault someone you're dating or have dated. /s

My pops and I did a social experiment...we changed the channel to all major news networks and they're all covering this Trump scandal. Except Fox News, they're covering the hurricane where it hasn't hit yet!!!
That's funny lol. I also did the same experiment with my dad. It's funny watching them desperately trying to distract us from the real shit storm in Trump campaign with the hurricane.

subrock

Hang in there baby. Don't want some qualified candidate swooping in at the last minute. (Does an electable GOP candidate exist?)

Link

The Autumn Wind
And now De Niro wants to punch him in the face. What a fever dream.
To once again quote Rachel Maddow:

"You're awake, by the way. You're not having a terrible, terrible dream. Also, you're not dead and you haven't gone to hell. This is your life now. This is our election now. This is us. This is our country. It's real."

Strimei

Hang in there baby. Don't want some qualified candidate swooping in at the last minute. (Does an electable GOP candidate exist?)

Can't happen. Trump has to drop out willingly (won't happen) and even then he's on the ballot right now and early voting's begun, and if he does drop out those votes are wasted.

And it'll piss off his base.

Plus there's a month left. There is no way to recover from this with someone else.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Even if it were logistically possible for the Republicans to get a new nominee, who in the hell would step up to the plate? No career politician would want to step into this dumpster fire of a campaign that is 3-4 weeks away from an embarrassing loss.

Maybe Gary Johnson might step up, but nobody else would want to be the loser, since the party pretty much disavows any and all failed candidates.

Gary Johnson probably couldn't even name one other loser.

I don't think it's in Trump's nature to admit defeat, but maybe his kids could manage to convince him that staying in the race will only further destroy his name and business? Or some wealthy individual(s) could "donate" a shit ton of money to Trump in exchange for him dropping out? (Too bad his foundation is shut down, lol).

I'll admit, I'm bedwetting a little bit over the possibility of Republicans pulling a switcharoo at the last minute and eking out a win with a "generic R" candidate that hasn't had enough time to be publicly vetted

In the back of my mind I do think it's a possibility but very low probability. I mean sacrificing himself would be the most un-Trump thing ever. Remember when he was asked by Stephanopolous what he sacrificed and he said working hard? This man lives on his own planet.

SaintR

while we reflect on a racist sexual predator being the nominee of a major party, let's remember who we've been graced with for the past 8 years.

True this. I've even had republican friends of mine saying they wouldn't mind an Obama 3rd term over this nonsense.

Gonna mis this POTUS for real

Xilo

Unfortunately, yes. You could get a relatively unknown senator or something and he would immediately appeal to the religious voters. If you pick either a woman or a minority candidate you may be able to appeal to women or minorities as well. The Democrats would need to do some very serious research very quickly to discredit them. They probably still would not win, but they would probably do better than Trump at this point.

border

If the Trump campaign is afraid to release a video tonight, I assume it's because they're trying to figure out how much other damning video/audio evidence also exists waiting to be released. Access Hollywood has already said they have more material ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom