• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

eZ80pfb.png

UThBDEw.jpg

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

I'm still in disbelief of the past 24 hours.

Culex

Banned
Yeah, I don't get where people think this is normal. This is literally describing sexual assault. It's not something you mention casually unless you're psychotic or on a power trip.

Same, army for 8 years. Never heard or had a conversation where someone said they sexually abused someone, and I've heard some pretty shitty things.

I was in the US military for 10 years, the ultimate male frat club, and I've never heard anyone talk about how they love to sexually assault women.

People comparing this to the typical "yeah I'd fuck her" or comparing it to bragging about consensual sex are off their rockers.

This is it right here.

I said the same thing to a friends dad last night who came at me with "all guys talk this way" I've never once said anything close to sexual assault it's crazy to just brush it off as guy talk.

So very much this.

None of this shit is normal.

Not normal at all, but there are people out there like this. And I know that there are celebrities out there that think like this as well. Hopefully not too many, but I keep hearing more stories as the years go by. It's disgusting and makes me wonder. As for the guy in high school, even his best buddies in HS gave him the nickname of "The Raper," as his behavior went well beyond "frat house guy talk."

for the record, was never even remotely defending trump. was just trying to see if offensive talk like this was commonplace or not. as many posters have pointed out, his statements were even more predatory than the type of stuff i had in mind. i definitely find people are willing to cross the line even farther than that though if they hide behind calling it a "joke"

I understand and yeah, with some of the talk we hear on the internet, where rape threats are sadly commonplace, it's easy for some to say this is no big deal. It is. For one, this is a man who has the power to act on these dark desires, and to his own admission, he has. I am horrified and cannot wait for this election to be over.

Cindro

I'm a little confused about Sunday night's smackdown - I've seen it referenced as both a town hall and a debate. Is it some combination of the two? Most town halls suck, and a debate would be a much better format for Hillary to unleash her righteous fury.

McGullive

Neo Member
Even so, would you ever dream that any of those teenagers talking like that might end up president some day?

no because i dont hang out in ivy league or billionaire heir social circles, but ive definitely met one or two kids like this who were well read enough to not embarrass themselves in a debate on some milo yianopolis type shit

was never trying to minimize criticism of trump though, was trying to see if "locker room" talk (lol) was more common than some gaffers believed

I love how the main line of defence from his surrogates is "that's the world he was in". Then why the fuck didn't he stay in that world, what business did he think he had running for PRESIDENT?

Knoxcore

Trump's defense is always projection. Which makes me think when he accuses Bill of rape, Trump is guilty of it himself. He already admitted to sexual assault.

Mahonay

Banned
CNN playing Bachmann on the phone again going "emails emails emails". And claiming the Clinton campaign leaked this themselves to distract everyone, and we should just ignore it.

Jesus fuck.

RDreamer

I love how the main line of defence from his surrogates is "that's the world he was in". Then why the fuck didn't he stay in that world, what business did he think he had running for PRESIDENT?

The world where rape culture still exists and a lot of men are sexist, misogynist pigs? Sure, now what does Don plan to do about that as president? Nothing? Oh, ok.

Ozigizo

Looks like the_donald is busy creating fake twitter profiles for all the women Bill supposedly assaulted.

I'll be fucking glad when this is over and they no longer have a figurehead for this shit.

If the debate goes forward, Hillary is going to decimate him. She's prepped for basically all scenarios, and she'll be hitting straight uppercuts all night.

Not normal at all, but there are people out there like this. And I know that there are celebrities out there that think like this as well. Hopefully not too many, but I keep hearing more stories as the years go by. It's disgusting and makes me wonder. As for the guy in high school, even his best buddies in HS gave him the nickname of "The Raper," as his behavior went well beyond "frat house guy talk."

Agreed. Though I still don't hear stories like these outside of some special news segment.

Slayven

CNN playing Bachmann on the phone again going "emails emails emails". And claiming the Clinton campaign leaked this themselves to distract everyone, and we should just ignore it.

Jesus fuck.

The reporter dude said she was speaking gibberish. LOL

Wouldn't be surprised if there were any rape allegations based on his approach.

A lawsuit was refiled last week involving an allegation of him raping a 13 year old. She says that he raped her along with Jeffrey Epstein. Trump said this about Epstein

Epstein likes to tell people that he's a loner, a man who's never touched alcohol or drugs, and one whose nightlife is far from energetic. And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. "I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Epstein is a convicted sex offender and has settled several sexual assault lawsuits involving minors and apparently has over a dozen currently filed against him.

Billy Bush is not running for president. He's a blip on the radar in all of this. He kind of lucked out people are not as concerned about him right now.

Well, yeah. I'm just still amazed that he's part of this story. Not that it's unbelievable that he would be in a conversation like this, but it's just so random and odd that he's part of the one thing that may sink a campaign that has seemed almost unsinkable for over a year at this point.

The novelty of it is interesting. That's all.

Futureman

I'm a little confused about Sunday night's smackdown - I've seen it referenced as both a town hall and a debate. Is it some combination of the two? Most town halls suck, and a debate would be a much better format for Hillary to unleash her righteous fury.

Town Hall. Though I think they can still debate/discuss with each other. I think Town Hall is better because Trump can't bring up Bill unless someone asks about it.

pestul

I can't even begin to imagine the scrambling and strong-arm tactics going on behind the scenes to prevent Access Hollywood from releasing more videos. I hope they're not lying just to spin attention on their brand, which Hollywood is also known for.

Mahonay

Banned
Well, yeah. I'm just still amazed that he's part of this story. Not that it's unbelievable that he would be in a conversation like this, but it's just so random and odd that he's part of the one thing that may sink a campaign that has seemed almost unsinkable for over a year at this point.

The novelty of it is interesting. That's all.
It's definitely bizarre no doubt.

Nordicus

I was in the US military for 10 years, the ultimate male frat club, and I've never heard anyone talk about how they love to sexually assault women.

People comparing this to the typical "yeah I'd fuck her" or comparing it to bragging about consensual sex are off their rockers.
9 months military conscription. During that time, I met the most people I'd want to punch in the face if I met them again. Even so, the scummiest thing said to me was that I should get laid and cheat on my long-distance gilrfriend of that time because "hey, she'll never find out!"

Trump is still beyond that.

pestul

Yeah a lot of the town hall questions are probably already vetted and prepared before this erupted. I hope I'm wrong though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Even if the debate commission pre-screens questions, i would be absolutely shocked if they didn't throw one out and get a new one to address this. They'd be irresponsible not to.

Ambient80

What sort of bizarre reality are we in that Jerry Springer was just on MSNBC and he totally nailed his interview and made absolute total sense? He was really good!

Even if the debate commission pre-screens questions, i would be absolutely shocked if they didn't throw one out and get a new one to address this. They'd be irresponsible not to.

I think if we get near the end of the debate and it hasn't been brought up, Hillary will find a way to. There are so many avenues where she could bring it into the discussion without sounding desperate. Abortion rights (women's healthcare, how can he be trusted?), universal healthcare (same issue), equal pay for women (he sees women as inferior sex objects, how could he be trusted to fight for them?), etc etc. And that's only if the audience doesn't bring it up themselves.

Barzul

This whenever I've heard men make lewd comments, it's always been about consensual sex. I've heard a lot of shit but I can 100% say I've never heard even the most vile of them say just walk up and grab her pussy, they'll just let you do it. That's next level.

Slayven

Everyone is going to be looking for it
What sort of bizarre reality are we in that Jerry Springer was just on MSNBC and he totally nailed his interview and made absolute total sense? He was really good!

Jerry has is moments, he is a bullshit artist, but is pretty smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom