• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Trump dropping unless he can convince himself it'll be better for him. Thus far he's shown that he's the type to dig his heels in no matter what he says or what gets revealed.

My guess: regardless of what happens tomorrow, he's going to stay in the race until the bitter end, and if people continue to drop endorsements or distance themselves from him, he'll just start lashing out at those folks and declaring them part of the "problem."

Tarydax

Banned

RPQif2R.gif

McGullive

Neo Member
This is why you personally run into it a lot. You hang out with bigoted assholes.

i think ur right :(. i didnt really have an option to really have any other friends up until college, and then when i got there, a lot of the guys in my dorm were still very similar to that so i just figured this was how people were. considering about half the country is voting for trump, and ive also heard this kind of talk from less politically enganged bernie supporters, im probably still right in that respect, but i guess i gotta really make an effort into finding good friends

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
NMnvvi5.jpg

♩♪♫♬ Stand by your mannnnnn ♩♪♫♬

youve never heard the type of shit they say on 4chan or 13 year olds say on xbox live in real life? if you dont mind me asking, where did u grow up and in what sort of environment? im honestly trying to find somewhere like that

i will say, when i visited my friend who goes to Emerson College, it was like gaf in real life lol. people were at a party just chillin and talking about race relations and how gender is actually a spectrum haha

I heard that type as talk from one or two guys in high school who I no longer call friends. They are out there. Of course, that doesn't give Trump any kind of defense, as not only was he a 60 year old man engaging in this behavior, but he's now running for president. That type of person should never be put in a position of power.

Edit: Thinking about it, only one person who I knew was like this. But I can add another somewhat famous person who lived in my area and who acted like this as well.

wutwutwut

I've made my share of lewd comments when I was 18 — I like to think I've become better since — but never once in my life have I joked about sexual assault.

Yo who the fuck are you guys associating with where you hear guys describe how they sexually assault women on a regular basis?

And how can I stay the fuck away from you?

blackflag

I was in the US military for 10 years, the ultimate male frat club, and I've never heard anyone talk about how they love to sexually assault women.

People comparing this to the typical "yeah I'd fuck her" or comparing it to bragging about consensual sex are off their rockers.

Mahonay

Banned
I was in the US military for 10 years, the ultimate male frat club, and I've never heard anyone talk about how they love to sexually assault women.

People comparing this to the typical "yeah I'd fuck her" or comparing it to bragging about consensual sex are off their rockers.
Thank you.

Get a fucking grip people.

So very much this.

None of this shit is normal.

Yep, really don't why this is so hard to understand.

McGullive

Neo Member
I heard that type as talk from one or two guys in high school who I no longer call friends. They are out there. Of course, that doesn't give Trump any kind of defense, as not only was he a 60 year old man engaging in this behavior, but he's now running for president. That type of person should never be put in a position of power.

Edit: Thinking about it, only one person who I knew was like this. But I can add another somewhat famous person who lived in my area and who acted like this as well.

for the record, was never even remotely defending trump. was just trying to see if offensive talk like this was commonplace or not. as many posters have pointed out, his statements were even more predatory than the type of stuff i had in mind. i definitely find people are willing to cross the line even farther than that though if they hide behind calling it a "joke"

ISOM

Yeah, I don't get where people think this is normal. This is literally describing sexual assault. It's not something you mention casually unless you're psychotic or on a power trip.

People bringing up this "locker room" shit are dense. There's a huge difference between two guys talking about what chicks they like to bang or how good their GFs were last night and a celebrity bragging about how he likes to use his position and fame as leverage to sexually assault women. Just a few months after he got married to his current wife. That's the problem here. Not that he said "bitch" & "pussy", but that he likes assaulting women and getting away with it because of his status. If that's the type of thing you hear in a locker room, then you're in a room full of shitty human beings.

People bringing up this "locker room" shit are dense. There's a huge difference between two guys talking about what chicks they like to bang or how good their GFs were last night and a celebrity bragging about how he likes to use his position and fame as leverage to sexually assault women. Just a few months after he got married to his current wife. That's the problem here. Not that he said "bitch" & "pussy", but that he likes assaulting women and getting away with it because of his status. If that's the type of thing you hear in a locker room, then you're in a room full of shitty human beings.
Mhmm. You can't even say it's just talk because we know he's had incidents like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom