• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaj

Also, that statue in the city is of Medivh. It appears Stormwind really idolizes him. Damn, the third act is going to be crazy.

Loxley

3Z8ej12.jpg

Fuck man they are just nailing all the little details here - love the "Candle and Gold Dust theft" bit.

Chris R

The Alliance pandering in this thread is out of control, but I guess it kinda has to be since Org wasn't even around yet :(

Jones actually commented on that when he first showed that pic a couple of months ago - it's just a result of the distortion caused by his camera phone.

Maybe its a cardboard cut out? I know they used cardboard cut outs of ships when filming TFA-- dunno if that was replaced with CG or not in the final film.

Loxley

Yeah, I think Warcraft will appeal to the comicbookmovie crowd.

God, I hope this movie is good and succeeds.

I genuinely want Warcraft to be a good movie more than I want BvS to be good. It has an up-hill battle for sure and will definitely need good word-of-mouth, but I will be so freaking relieved if it ends up being a quality film. With all the sci-fi and superhero movies we're getting these days, there's a huge drought for fantasy.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I genuinely want Warcraft to be a good movie more than I want BvS to be good. It has an up-hill battle for sure and will definitely need good word-of-mouth, but I will be so freaking relieved if it ends up being a quality film. With all the sci-fi and superhero movies we're getting these days, there's a huge drought for fantasy.

If Warcraft succeeds, it could do something good for Fantasy, Videogame-adaptations, and maybe make storytelling depart from the traditional good vs evil.

If Warcraft succeeds, it could do something good for Fantasy, Videogame-adaptations, and maybe make storytelling depart from the traditional good vs evil.

Ah yes, truely Hollywood needs to look to video games, and blizzard in particular, to be able to tell non cliched stories.

Give me a break. Warcraft could be amazing or horrid I have no idea but let's not pretend that "noble savage" is a new idea by any means

Finaj

Ah yes, truely Hollywood needs to look to video games, and blizzard in particular, to be able to tell non cliched stories.

Give me a break. Warcraft could be amazing or horrid I have no idea but let's not pretend that "noble savage" is a new idea by any means

Well, if they follow the source material, the third act could be very different from traditional fantasy... and blockbusters in general.

Monocle

The advertising is getting to me. Now I think maybe this has half a chance of being good. The set and prop design look on point at least.

I think it'll probably end up being pretty good. Duncan Jones and a solid script with good acting and CG should spell a pretty solid film.

I also think it's gonna bomb.

No way.

There's too many WoW/WC players that will go to this out of nostalgia, even if they think it sucks.

Yup. Count me among them.

I'm not sure how it'll turn out, but I feel like I can't in good conscience skip out on a big-budget Warcraft movie. 11 year old me, obsessing over Warcraft 2 maps and writing what I didn't even know was called fan fiction yet, he'd never forgive me.

Yeah, I think Warcraft will appeal to the comicbookmovie crowd.

God, I hope this movie is good and succeeds.

Same here.

I'm just afraid the movie-voodoo-magic vial has been run dry due to Deadpool's success.

I can only hope this one turns out as big.

FeD.nL

Same here.

I'm just afraid the movie-voodoo-magic vial has been run dry due to Deadpool's success.

I can only hope this one turns out as big.

If we have a good GoT season this film will ride on it's success. Especially since the early GoT trailers seem to be ramping up the fantasy elements ever more. I think Warcraft is really well positioned right now.

It's not going to bomb. I can really see this doing 450m-500m+ WW.

Am I the only one seriously impressed with the Orc CG? It looks really good to me. The sets look kinda fake in how humans standout in comparison to the background but the Orcs, damn they look good.

Really looking forward to this movie.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Really liked the first half of the TV spot with the "duel". Not so sure about the dwarf or that part with the mage(?) with some swirly spell around him. He looked like he came from crappy fantasy tv show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom