• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warface: Breakout |OT| Wardens VS Reapers

J-Roderton

Release Date: 05/26/2020
Publisher/Developer: My.Games
Platforms: Xbox One, Playstation 4
Install: 8.71 GB
Price: 19.99 (Standard) 29.99 (Deluxe Edition)

What is it?

Warface: Breakout focuses on a classic competitive game mode where one team has to plant the bomb while their opponents try to stop them. Players earn credits by defeating opponents and completing objectives — credits can then be spent on new weapons and equipment from at the beginning of each round. The rules are simple, but every match is a unique, heart-pounding battle of tactical wits.

I've played Warface. Is this P2W too?

Nah, and I don't see how they could really make it so given how to game works. There are microtransactions limited to strictly cosmetic items like camos, helmets, etc.

Is it any good?

Yeah. I think so. It's not mega AAA title, but it definitely scratches the CS GO itch on consoles. It is a little buggy on launch but the devs have communicated well on some forthcoming fixes. It certainly has potential. And it's only twenty bucks.

Pics and stuff

c5ca027f951942227e963b0646da0133.jpg

efaae3616610280e225c7fc383adb2c4.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

wipeout364

Here is another review, unfortunately I agree with his assessment. Terrible feeling game , shooting and movement feel really bad. HIt detection is atrocious. I hope they can patch it and make it better but there is no excuse for launching such a straightforward game in the state they launched, I think they screwed themselves and likely won’t recover from this launch.

J-Roderton

Here is another review, unfortunately I agree with his assessment. Terrible feeling game , shooting and movement feel really bad. HIt detection is atrocious. I hope they can patch it and make it better but there is no excuse for launching such a straightforward game in the state they launched, I think they screwed themselves and likely won’t recover from this launch.

Can’t say this is going to recover. Looks like player base has bombed. I tried it out after taking a very long break. Countless updates and it freezes up almost every gunfight. I’m expecting most of the crowd to jump over to CrossfireX when it comes out.

wipeout364

Can’t say this is going to recover. Looks like player base has bombed. I tried it out after taking a very long break. Countless updates and it freezes up almost every gunfight. I’m expecting most of the crowd to jump over to CrossfireX when it comes out.
I haven't launched it in a while, my multiplayer has mostly been Siege, overwatch, COD modern warfare, with a little bit of TF2 thrown in. Have played some rocket arena as well and I enjoyed what I played of crossfire X. It's really just hard to imagine with all these great multiplayer games who is the person that sticks with this game, it feels so unpolished for what little is on offer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom