• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
As odd as this sounds, the PSN party chat thing seems to be messing up my normal PSN messages. Can anyone explain what purpose that thing serves?

Advantadges over in-game clan chat:

a) Timestamps
b) You get notified when someone says anything
c) Can be used with the PS4 smartphone app, which has several advantadges of its own.
d) Can post images to it
e) Streamlines the process of inviting people to PSN parties for voice chat.
f) Unlike the in-game chat, it does not get wiped everytime you restart the game (app resets are sort of common)

It's an upgrade to the in-game chat and it fixes some of the glaring issues the in-game chat has.

ParityBit

I just wish the chat was refreshed faster/quicker in general. I use my iPad to chat and man can it take a while for my messages to show. Especially when I am looking for a group!

Also, I feel like a fool when I send 10 messages in a row. Kinda like I am talking to myself and everyone else is thinking, "Parity, will you shut the f up! Your spamming me!"

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I just wish the chat was refreshed faster/quicker in general. I use my iPad to chat and man can it take a while for my messages to show. Especially when I am looking for a group!

Also, I feel like a fool when I send 10 messages in a row. Kinda like I am talking to myself and everyone else is thinking, "Parity, will you shut the f up! Your spamming me!"

It's not optimal neither, but it's better than the in-game chat system.

And don't worry paritybit, no one thinks that!

Xater

Also just wanted to say that I have not checked in for a while. Maybe I got already kicked out of the clan because of it? I am waiting for the next patch to jump back in. Hoping for some specific features to hit PS4 to invest some more time. Maybe the developer stream tomorrow will shed some light on what the update schedule will look like.

frizby

It would be nice if they gave PS4 the Gravidus Dilemma event at some point. Any word on whether that's in the plan?

Sdoots

Can you guys tell me which frames are actually worthwhile/fun to play as? I just have Excaliber and Rhino right now... I was eyeing Frost/Frost Prime as my next build target. I hear good things about Nyx and Vaulban.

That's... hoo boy.

Everyone has their own playstyles, really. What I like and what you like, how I play and you play, could be very different. Keep that in mind with these suggestions. Also, when people say check out the wiki, they aren't joking. Check out the wiki. It's super helpful.

Frost/Frost Prime: A good alternative tank to Rhino, his damage output is higher but you'll rely more on mods for staying alive since you won't have the Iron Skin skill you have with Rhino.

The one thing to note here that is often overlooked is his Snow Globe can backfire on you if you use a Stretch mod. Snow Globe creates a barrier that any character can enter, and projectiles can be fired from out of the globe at things outside of it. On the other hand, projectiles fired from outside the globe can't get in. If you get swarmed by melee enemies in a globe, and your allies are in the distance, you are pretty boned. They can't help you until they get inside the globe as well. On a similar note, and this is just a general rule for globes overall, with or without stretch, positioning is everything. You can single handedly end a defense mission for your team if you drop one on an objective. You might think you are defending it from laser fire, and you are. But all the melee units that get up on that objective are free to wreck havoc with no means of stopping them other than melee combat on your own part.

Frosty is a fun frame, and a welcome addition to any squad, but you have a lot of responsibilities when playing as him. You're expected to drop your AOE ult when needed most, place globes in smart spots, and generally be a cool guy.

Vauban

I love this guy. Vauban can combo his skills with other frames skills fairly easily, creating neat and effective ways of clearing out a room. Built for dishing out damage, he can survive a fair amount as well, but his purpose is very much DPS. I find a shotgun with a good ROF mod suits him well, as he otherwise can't handle himself in close quarters that well.

Tesla balls are your bread and butter with Vauban, with Bastille being a very close second. Your balls stick to just about anything, including allies. Have an Ash on your team? Have him stand still, load him up with balls, and let him pop his ult. Watch the light show. Every time he teleports to a new target, the tesla balls will wreck havoc on any enemies standing near the poor guy getting stabbed.

Teslas aren't just useful as a utility, they are super spammable, and can be a great low-cost way to weaken foes as they come in from an entryway or catwalk.

Bastille is kind of like a no-risk Snow Globe. You want to have Stretch for this. All it does is create a AOE that lifts enemies into the air, where they dangle helplessly for a while. This is invaluable in any kind of defense mission, or just a situation where you need some breathing room.

Bounce is...it's a thing. You can make temporary jumppads that don't work well.

The ult is somewhat lacking as well, even though it sounds awesome. It'll create a tiny black hole, sucking enemies and players nearby towards it with a vacuum effect, and then exploding. It's not bad by any means, but there are far better ults in the game. That said, an explosive weapon blast in tandem with the ult at the peak of the collection can be pretty great.

Those are my two big suggestions.

Coming home tomorrow!

Need my Warframe fix badly :/

Excited to see what the dojo looks like, I'm also resource rich atm on circuits etc so I'll throw some into the mix when I get back!

Armaros

Trinity is pretty amazing, not very flashy compared to other frames with big AoE powers, but Link and Blessing are insane.

Link provides 75% damage reduction at max level and reflects all your damage taken (base damage before reduction) back onto 3 enemies. It even works with self-inflicted damage from explosive weapons like the Ogris and Penta.

Blessing heals the shields and health of every player on the map (infinite range) and makes them invulnerable for a time (which can be increased with power duration).

She is a godsend for high level survival and defense missions (with a good explosive weapon to kill mobs) And she is the ultimate boss killer atm with damage reflection, invulnerability. She is also the best frame to use the Ogris and Penta, since she can become invulnerable to the splash damage and even use Link to reflect her self-damage (which still procs while invulnerable) back onto enemies, so if they are also in the blast range, they get hit twice.

PSA: get Trinity before she moves to Phobos, 3 different items drop on Phobos, Miter parts, Twin Gremlin BPs and then Trinity parts, once she moves, compared to just trinity parts on Everest Earth, while she is still there. Oberon replaces her on Earth.

Trinity is pretty amazing, not very flashy compared to other frames with big AoE powers, but Link and Blessing are insane.

Link provides 75% damage reduction at max level and reflects all your damage taken (base damage before reduction) back onto 3 enemies. It even works with self-inflicted damage from explosive weapons like the Ogris and Penta.

Blessing heals the shields and health of every player on the map (infinite range) and makes them invulnerable for a time (which can be increased with power duration).

She is a godsend for high level survival and defense missions (with a good explosive weapon to kill mobs) And she is the ultimate boss killer atm with damage reflection, invulnerability. She is also the best frame to use the Ogris and Penta, since she can become invulnerable to the splash damage and even use Link to reflect her self-damage (which still procs while invulnerable) back onto enemies, so if they are also in the blast range, they get hit twice.

PSA: get Trinity before she moves to Phobos, 3 different items drop on Phobos, Miter parts, Twin Gremlin BPs and then Trinity parts, once she moves, compared to just trinity parts on Everest Earth, while she is still there. Oberon replaces her on Earth.

Check out her WoL and EV combo :p
Much boss kill. Wow.

I hope DE add Illidan Stormrage type blades like in my avi :/

I need a set of cool looking impact/slash damage weapons in my life.

Gief me my Twin Blades of Azzinoth in Warframe nao!

Sdoots

Haven't played her for myself, but everything I've seen of her, and what you just said, would argue she is a great choice for sure. Go for her while you can get the parts easily.

I love Oberon, as well, but he's not exactly an option for PS4 yet. Wish the Rainbow Bridge would hurry the fuck up.

velociraptor

Is it me or is Oberon a total lightweight? What is a recommended build for him? I don't have any rare mods besides Streamline and Constitution thus far.

ParityBit

I must be the only person still happy with my starting frame...

I am just grabbing the stuff to get it all to level 30. I don't really have a favorite! Granted ... I only have 2 level 30 frames and one in the mid teens. I have 2 waiting in the wings to be leveled.

koryuken

That's... hoo boy.

Everyone has their own playstyles, really. What I like and what you like, how I play and you play, could be very different. Keep that in mind with these suggestions. Also, when people say check out the wiki, they aren't joking. Check out the wiki. It's super helpful.

Frost/Frost Prime: A good alternative tank to Rhino, his damage output is higher but you'll rely more on mods for staying alive since you won't have the Iron Skin skill you have with Rhino.

The one thing to note here that is often overlooked is his Snow Globe can backfire on you if you use a Stretch mod. Snow Globe creates a barrier that any character can enter, and projectiles can be fired from out of the globe at things outside of it. On the other hand, projectiles fired from outside the globe can't get in. If you get swarmed by melee enemies in a globe, and your allies are in the distance, you are pretty boned. They can't help you until they get inside the globe as well. On a similar note, and this is just a general rule for globes overall, with or without stretch, positioning is everything. You can single handedly end a defense mission for your team if you drop one on an objective. You might think you are defending it from laser fire, and you are. But all the melee units that get up on that objective are free to wreck havoc with no means of stopping them other than melee combat on your own part.

Frosty is a fun frame, and a welcome addition to any squad, but you have a lot of responsibilities when playing as him. You're expected to drop your AOE ult when needed most, place globes in smart spots, and generally be a cool guy.

Vauban

I love this guy. Vauban can combo his skills with other frames skills fairly easily, creating neat and effective ways of clearing out a room. Built for dishing out damage, he can survive a fair amount as well, but his purpose is very much DPS. I find a shotgun with a good ROF mod suits him well, as he otherwise can't handle himself in close quarters that well.

Tesla balls are your bread and butter with Vauban, with Bastille being a very close second. Your balls stick to just about anything, including allies. Have an Ash on your team? Have him stand still, load him up with balls, and let him pop his ult. Watch the light show. Every time he teleports to a new target, the tesla balls will wreck havoc on any enemies standing near the poor guy getting stabbed.

Teslas aren't just useful as a utility, they are super spammable, and can be a great low-cost way to weaken foes as they come in from an entryway or catwalk.

Bastille is kind of like a no-risk Snow Globe. You want to have Stretch for this. All it does is create a AOE that lifts enemies into the air, where they dangle helplessly for a while. This is invaluable in any kind of defense mission, or just a situation where you need some breathing room.

Bounce is...it's a thing. You can make temporary jumppads that don't work well.

The ult is somewhat lacking as well, even though it sounds awesome. It'll create a tiny black hole, sucking enemies and players nearby towards it with a vacuum effect, and then exploding. It's not bad by any means, but there are far better ults in the game. That said, an explosive weapon blast in tandem with the ult at the peak of the collection can be pretty great.

Those are my two big suggestions.

Thank you for the feedback guys, very helpful!

PS. I have an extra Serration mod to give away if someone needs it. Looking for Killing Blow if anyone has a spare.

Thank you for the feedback guys, very helpful!

PS. I have an extra Serration mod to give away if someone needs it. Looking for Killing Blow if anyone has a spare.

Killing blow...really?

I have like a truck full of those. Won't be on for another 5-6 hours though.
(I'm sure there are others with a ton of it, it's not a rare mod.)

koryuken

Killing blow...really?

I have like a truck full of those. Won't be on for another 5-6 hours though.
(I'm sure there are others with a ton of it, it's not a rare mod.)

Yup, just never ran across it yet... Im working on my Galatine/Rhino build. Im going to be doing sick damage with my charged swings :)

PS. I'm at work but will be on around 9PM PST.

Sdoots

Is it me or is Oberon a total lightweight? What is a recommended build for him? I don't have any rare mods besides Streamline and Constitution thus far.

Hold the fuck up.

You guys have Oberon now? I need to see if I can transfer to PS4 when I get home. I'll have to pull myself from MGR, but holy crap, if the bridge has been built finally...

hnnnnggghh

Molvetica, I'll hit you up on PSN with my info for a clan invite if/when I get my stuff moved over.

hyp

well, i think i found my calling in Nyx. i love chaos and its crowd control capabilities. it's great to get squads out of sticky situations. i solo'd most of neptune and a lot of ceres so far with my current build. just wish there was another ability i could have fun with. absorb is okay, and mind control is practically useless because everyone ends up killing my target.

if you guys ever need to run some high level defense or survival hit me up. i'm really enjoying the support role.

Xater

Looks like we will hear about the PS4 update today:

bildschirmfoto2014-01o2u97.png

Tenno,

We’ve got information to share about the plan for 11.5’s deployment to PS4!

Firstly, we are narrowing down the submission date of the build to be sent to Sony certification late next week. This build will include everything up to Hotfix 11.5.8 (https://forums.warfr...58-hotfix-1158/) Based on our last update, the certification process currently takes around 2 weeks to complete once it’s submitted. That’s the best estimate we can give at this time but will update as we get more information.

Secondly, this build will contain some fixes and improvements for issues and requests received from our PS4 players. Some of these include Vauban’s Vortex crashing the game, Star Chart navigation logic, the addition of Trophies and customizable controller layouts.

Lastly, this will be our second major deployment to the PS4 platform. We aren’t anticipating future deployments to take this long – the holiday season and office closures worldwide (not just at DE) really put a dent in our pacing. Sorry for any unrest this has caused but we’ve hit the ground running in 2014 and expect to further refine and improve the update process on PS4 through the year.

Stay tuned for updates as they come.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/161561-ps4-115-infothread/

Secondly, this build will contain some fixes and improvements for issues and requests received from our PS4 players. Some of these include Vauban’s Vortex crashing the game, Star Chart navigation logic, the addition of Trophies and customizable controller layouts.
ibdYNjSmFKWLA9.gif

ParityBit

Hopefully fixing framerate?! Sometimes it is so unplayable

Hopefully fixing framerate?! Sometimes it is so unplayable

I wouldn't expect too much yet. Still, they did some network optimization in an 11.x update on PC and some of the insane choppiness clearly comes from the network code, so there might be a small improvement. Maybe.

hyp

hell yes. 125+ hours in and I'm ready for more. god i really hope those updates fix more than they break.

Xater

I wouldn't expect too much yet. Still, they did some network optimization in an 11.x update on PC and some of the insane choppiness clearly comes from the network code, so there might be a small improvement. Maybe.

Yeah the PC version got some major network updates. We will see how it will work out for the PS4 version.

Born2Live

Customisable controls!! Hope this means I can map the buttons on my Vita so I don't feel so hamstrung when I'm playing via remote play.

I wonder if we'll find out about when we'll be getting future events.

I hope trophies are retroactive....

Agreed. (But I guess I don't care about Trophies all that much anyway.)

I am most excited about the customizable controls. Playing Warframe in bed with a usable Remote Play button layout? (Whatever I do to it had better be applicable to my Vita!) Sounds incredible. Also, sounds like a dangerous way to keep feeding my addiction. I will be very upset if it doesn't translate to Vita for some inane reason.

foxdvd

Agreed. (But I guess I don't care about Trophies all that much anyway.)

I am most excited about the customizable controls. Playing Warframe in bed with a usable Remote Play button layout? (Whatever I do to it had better be applicable to my Vita!) Sounds incredible. Also, sounds like a dangerous way to keep feeding my addiction. I will be very upset if it doesn't translate to Vita for some inane reason.

I guess I don't care too much having to earn them, but my problem is if they are similar to the achievements on the pc version, I will be unable to earn some since many have to do with unlocking warframes or clearing zones.

My rank 8 test is coming up soonish, so control customization is pretty high on my priority list. The "tap X to wallrun" option is wonky. :/ Mapping R1 to jump would work nicely.

I guess I don't care too much having to earn them, but my problem is if they are similar to the achievements on the pc version, I will be unable to earn some since many have to do with unlocking warframes or clearing zones.

I'm definitely with you. I've crafted a bunch of frames, brought them up to 30, cleared a lot of the planets, and taken down most of the bosses. I'm more than sure a lot of those would have given me trophies were they implemented. However, I'm certainly not going to be recrafting frames just for trophies. I just meant that if I end up locked out of trophies as a result of them not being retroactive, I won't be too upset as I've felt like trophy/achievement chasing has actually hindered my enjoyment of games in the past and I've since broken myself of caring about getting them.

IvorB

I am just grabbing the stuff to get it all to level 30. I don't really have a favorite! Granted ... I only have 2 level 30 frames and one in the mid teens. I have 2 waiting in the wings to be leveled.

Excalibur? you might be if it is him lol

I chose Loki at the beginning and still no need or desire for a new one. Decoy and invisibility are so damn useful. Need to start using radial disarm and switch teleport. No need for a new frame, just more weapons :).

When was that? Must have been before me? I have always used it!
Eight years ago - crazy! Yeah, must have been just before you signed up as my account isn't much older than yours.

And uhh, yeah, Warframe. Just got a fresh Saryn out of the oven and started cooking up an Ember. Just having fun learning the ins and outs of various frames and weapons and learning some pragmatic lessons along the way. My builds start out with basic theory (along with a hefty dose of "that just looks fucking cool") but its been damn interesting to see how theory holds up to low framerate conditions and different enemy compositions and all-at-once groupings in defense and survival missions.

So while I love the bows in the game I'm shifting gears to semi-automatics and fully automatics which provide more tolerance for lag-skating-enemies. And while I can drop a Grineer in moments with high penetration toxic daggers I really don't want to get anywhere close to the tougher ones (who can stomp you and annihilate you while you're a sitting duck), so I prefer my glaive with custom builds for each faction that I can use from a safer distance.

There's still plenty to learn and experiment with every time I play.

Ha ha!! .gif is perfect. If they can make the damn star map navigation work that would really awesome.
My state of mind will improve dramatically, that's for damn sure ;P

FUME5

I don't tend to gravitate towards sniper rifles in most games, but after Beholder was singing the praisies of the Vectis I decided to cook one up and.....holy fuck at the damage output on this thing. Once I get a few more levels on it and equip a fully levelled reload mod on it, it may just become my favourite primary.

Although, I'll hit mastery rank 6 this weekend so I'll see how the Soma compares.

Kurod

Banned
I chose Loki at the beginning and still no need or desire for a new one. Decoy and invisibility are so damn useful. Need to start using radial disarm and switch teleport. No need for a new frame, just more weapons :).

I chose Excalibur as my starting frame but am currently leveling a Loki. He's super squishy but a ton of fun. Almost always invisible and smacking dudes with melee for increased damage. The other night while farming Tyl I was often one-shotting him with a charged invisible Galatine strike.

Top Bottom