• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

EL Beefo

I am making a Galatine. Since it pretty much only deals slashing damage, should I slap Cold on it for Corpus shields?

If you have a focus energy throw that on there too. It adds charge speed plus electric so you'll be doing magnetic damage with cold which will do even better against shields.

IvorB

Fun game, starting to get a handle on things, but in solo, my dang Ps4 went from NAT 2 to STRICT, can't figure out what happened on the router.. No fun to play a online mission just fine, and then at the end, CONNECTION LOST.. :)

On a sidenote, just how far can you get w. soloing?

I should revise my note from earlier. I played one level offline solo and it seemed a lot more chilled than playing online but playing solo (less enemies). Maybe playing offline is more feasible than I suggested.

ParityBit

So last night as some of you know was my first attempt at remote playing with my PS4, and specifically Warframe.

Color me impressed! I have my PS4 wired into a switch to my router, and I am using direct connect to my machine. The game was playable and enjoyable where I can see myself doing it fairly regularly when I loose control of the TV/in bed. I need custom button mapping though! AC4 does it well.

On a side note, AC4 and Rysogun also played real well. That OLED screen ... *drool*

Anyways ....

Grip help! I have larger hands so I feel a little cramped holding the machine where I need to flex far too often. So do you suggest ....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4JVW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4K20/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or

.... something else?

IvorB

So last night as some of you know was my first attempt at remote playing with my PS4, and specifically Warframe.

Color me impressed! I have my PS4 wired into a switch to my router, and I am using direct connect to my machine. The game was playable and enjoyable where I can see myself doing it fairly regularly when I loose control of the TV/in bed. I need custom button mapping though! AC4 does it well.

On a side note, AC4 and Rysogun also played real well. That OLED screen ... *drool*

Anyways ....

Grip help! I have larger hands so I feel a little cramped holding the machine where I need to flex far too often. So do you suggest ....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4JVW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4K20/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or

.... something else?

Well everybody seems very impressed with remote play so that's good to know. Think I will try it this weekend just as a technology test. I don't think I will use it at all. I find the Vita really ergonomic though so I don't know why people would need a grip for it.

ParityBit

Well everybody seems very impressed with remote play so that's good to know. Think I will try it this weekend just as a technology test. I don't think I will use it at all. I find the Vita really ergonomic though so I don't know why people would need a grip for it.

Oh it is ergonomic, but some games you need more hand movement than others. like holding the lower left back touch pad to run, while the trigger to slide, the other trigger to fire and using both sticks.

This would all be fine if my hands were not so close. So to hold it "comfortably" and pull all this off, I have to really bend my fingers which gives you cramps. That make any sense? The grips will put the controller more in my palms! Whichever grips are good that is ...

Button remapping is a must though. I now see what people said about it. No idea yet how I would map.

Also, anyone playing remotely, do you find you over spin you character? Seems like I am a little too wobbly ...

Sdoots

I don't have any issues with my Vita ergonomically either, but I will admit that occassionally finding a place for my fingers to rest on the back comfortably can take a moment. I'd imagine a grip solves that. Not something I'd want to invest in a product over, but if it really bothered someone, I could totally understand.

And yeah, Remote Play works great. I don't have any luck with it outside of proximity to my PS4, unfortunately, but I think it's just my shit upload speed. If I am in the apartment, I can start the PS4 up from standby and play anything I have in the drive or on the HDD from my Vita. I wouldn't want to play Warframe on it if I could help it, myself.

bebop242

Saw on my FB feed, that they submitted the update to Sony yesterday.

I've been busy the last few days to play much, but plan on getting a lot of playtime in this weekend. Still trying to figure out my wifi lost connection problem. Dunno if its my PS4, modem/router, or internet itself. Yesterday the game hard crashed on me 17 minutes into a survival mission. Frustrating/worrysome.

Saw on my FB feed, that they submitted the update to Sony yesterday.

I've been busy the last few days to play much, but plan on getting a lot of playtime in this weekend. Still trying to figure out my wifi lost connection problem. Dunno if its my PS4, modem/router, or internet itself. Yesterday the game hard crashed on me 17 minutes into a survival mission. Frustrating/worrysome.
How long did it take from submission to implementation last time? I am pumped!

MoonGred

So today I got Ash and the latron out of the oven.

Ive played a few level with Ash and have a hard time grasping what his actual roll is. I'm not comparing him to a lvl 30 frame, but his skills feel like weaker versions from other frames.
I've got 2 days cooking time left for trinity and starting to have doubts whether I should put time into Ash or just skip him.
The biggest positive so far is his speed, coming from rhino this is a breath of freah air.

Latron:
It's only at lvl 9 atm, and i just played some survival games, but that gun is amazing. Cant wait to properly mod it. Is it somewhat effective against corpus when using magnetic?

On a final note, whats the recommendation for melee, it feels really weird running around with a galatine when I'm not playing Rhino

IvorB

Latron:
It's only at lvl 9 atm, and i just played some survival games, but that gun is amazing. Cant wait to properly mod it. Is it somewhat effective against corpus when using magnetic?

Is Latron really good? I really like the look of it. I was all set to build one last night but I saw, like, 5 morphics on there. They are literally the rarest thing for me right now. I remember even finding one took a bit of time.

I'm loving my Braton (I really love my Braton!) but I do need a new gun. Guess I'm gonna be farming Morphics this weekend. *sigh*

Sdoots

Is Latron really good? I really like the look of it. I was all set to build one last night but I saw, like, 5 morphics on there. They are literally the rarest thing for me right now. I remember even finding one took a bit of time.

I'm loving my Braton (I really love my Braton!) but I do need a new gun. Guess I'm gonna be farming Morphics this weekend. *sigh*

The Latron is one of my favorite guns in the game. First gun I forma'd was the Latron Prime, even.

Semi-auto, so you'll want something with good close quarters power as your secondary, like an Afuris or Vipers. I like to use a long reach melee with it as well. Not that the Latron can't do well at most any range, but it isn't ideal.

Prioritize armor piercing, with some rate of fire, crit rate, and once you potato and forma it, a levelled up punch-through mod is just plain nasty on it. (Forma optional, but given the high cost of both punch-through and armor piercing, I'd imagine the polarity benefit would help.)

Edit: I should mention, you are still going to want to get Serration on there, as with any rifle. AP, ROF and CR are just very beneficial to the weapon, so as far as additional mods go, they'd be where I would start.

Also, this may be different now, you will need to check this yourself, but when I was still building mine up it was a big deal that you couldn't headshot Corpus with the helmets until you had AP on it. So get that AP on it.

Aced the rank 8 test. I tried cheesing the first part with Loki but couldn't get the decoy to land on the platform, so I just disabled hold-to-wallrun and passed the first part right away. The second part... well, I'm not quite sure what I did but after some decoy-triggered targets and one switch teleport later I found myself on the goal platform. I went legit again for the final section, got the buggy backwards bounce off the wallrun once and then nailed it. Not as painful as I expected.

Latron isn't bad. I'm sitting on the prime (haven't had the cells to spare yet) so I haven't invested in the regular version that much, but I'd expect it to be a solid headshot rifle. The awkward thing about it and other semi-auto guns is that the fire rate goes to shit with bad framerates, such as in void mobile defense or capture.

I should give Vectis some more love as well.

I should revise my note from earlier. I played one level offline solo and it seemed a lot more chilled than playing online but playing solo (less enemies). Maybe playing offline is more feasible than I suggested.

For much of the game, it's totally feasible. Hell, fun even. Sometimes when you're looking for a slower paced game, or just want to focus on your powers and abilities, playing solo is the best way to play. There are certain higher level scenarios or things like survival or defense which are infinitely easier with another person, but much of the game is playable solo.

ParityBit

Bah. Reading some reviews it appears the PDP PSVita Trigger Grips sometimes scratch/dent your Vita. I don't think I would want that!

And yeah, Remote Play works great. I don't have any luck with it outside of proximity to my PS4, unfortunately, but I think it's just my shit upload speed. If I am in the apartment, I can start the PS4 up from standby and play anything I have in the drive or on the HDD from my Vita. I wouldn't want to play Warframe on it if I could help it, myself.

I second this - basically only works for me when I'm on the couch in front of my TV anyway. In my office (second bedroom) or any other room in my 2 bedroom appt the connection is unusable. Provided you are using direct connection, your upload speed shouldn't make any difference; it's a direct link between the PS4 and the Vita.

I am going to try forcing it to use my wifi, as my router provides excellent coverage throughout my apartment (50 MB plus) and see if that makes it work in actual 'remote' situations. . .

Mrcapcom

Just popping in to say I have been really sick lately and on top of that started a new job so going to work Sick has not been fun smh anywho don't kick me from the clan! lol

Sdoots

I second this - basically only works for me when I'm on the couch in front of my TV anyway. In my office (second bedroom) or any other room in my 2 bedroom appt the connection is unusable. Provided you are using direct connection, your upload speed shouldn't make any difference; it's a direct link between the PS4 and the Vita.

I am going to try forcing it to use my wifi, as my router provides excellent coverage throughout my apartment (50 MB plus) and see if that makes it work in actual 'remote' situations. . .

I should clarify, I can use it anywhere in my apartment, but as soon as I try it outside of that general proximity, it's a no go.

koryuken

You left us and now my feelings are hurt. So much feels.

I had the same issue. Keep doing it and eventually it will work. Or delete the GAF chat and then re-add.

PS. I just Forma'd my Galatine... my favorite weapon sucks again :( But it will be amazing once leveled up.

PS. I just Forma'd my Galatine... my favorite weapon sucks again :( But it will be amazing once leveled up.
If we ever reach OT2 this'd be a great tagline :)

I need to forma my glaive again, but I just can't do it quite yet. Not, quite, yet.

Edit: And what the hell is up with buggy and glitchy alerts? Capture missions that are almost always rescues or eliminations, doors that just won't open, unreachable enemies, datamass panels that do nothing once you've installed the datamass. What is it about Alert missions that makes them so damn flaky?

koryuken

If we ever reach OT2 this'd be a great tagline :)

I need to forma my glaive again, but I just can't do it quite yet. Not, quite, yet.

Edit: And what the hell is up with buggy and glitchy alerts? Capture missions that are almost always rescues or eliminations, doors that just won't open, unreachable enemies, datamass panels that do nothing once you've installed the datamass. What is it about Alert missions that makes them so damn flaky?

How is the Glaive? What Mods do you have on it currently? I would like to get my hands on Glaive Prime and try it out.

SnakeEyes

Banned

How is the Glaive? What Mods do you have on it currently? I would like to get my hands on Glaive Prime and try it out.
The Glaive is fun as hell. Good for close combat, and cool for the long-range throw. I'd say don't bother with any of the Glaive-specific mods that reduce/increase the ricochets.

My main use right now is with my Volt - doing magnetic + heat damage, with my melee standby's like reach (range), fury (attack speed) and pressure point (damage). Along with charged shot and the glaive-specific mod that reduces the number of bounces before it returns. That last one is very, very useful since you can toss the glaive and have it back in hand a second later rather than waiting for it to bounce around and come back.

I love it. And for corpus the magnetic + heat comes in handy, and its also useful for taking down the cameras that are all over the place. And of course its great for stealth kills and opening grates.

Last bit though is I need to rework it as my goto to take down Grineer. Now, I've got some poisonous daggers that work great but they require I get in close - and the tougher Grineer have attacks that make the idea of close quarters combat not the smartest of ideas, so I'm coming around to thinking the glaive with toxin/radiation/viral/heat or some other Grineer weakness is probably my best bet.

I'd say don't bother with any of the Glaive-specific mods that reduce/increase the ricochets.
That mod is the secret sauce. You'll end up tossing charged shots a hell of a lot more since you get your glaive back near instantly.

If I'm going to spend a lot of time in close quarters melee, like say against infested, I prefer a weapon that hits multiple targets, which is why I'm running with a Kama too, since the glaive isn't quite as effective.

Known bug, capture alerts may (will?) end up having the wrong mission type and that might screw things up if you're unlucky. Fixed on PC.

ijed

Any tips for the dual zorens? Got the blue prints from a daily reward so I've got them in the oven. Apparently short range but fastest attack time for any melee weapon and a dash on the charge attack sound promising. Glaive and galatine have been my mains. Or Is the Orthos, the one that all the cool kids are using, the way to go?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Man, Raptor is a bitch. I actually run out of ammo before he dies. I need an anti-mech gun or something. Time to look at options...
Everyone's in the same boat, since there's almost no additional enemies to get spare ammo from. You'll have to resort to ranged powers and hope that more than one person is running Energy Siphon.

Any tips for the dual zorens? Got the blue prints from a daily reward so I've got them in the oven. Apparently short range but fastest attack time for any melee weapon and a dash on the charge attack sound promising. Glaive and galatine have been my mains. Or Is the Orthos, the one that all the cool kids are using, the way to go?

They have a very high crit rate so I'd focus on that.

I love my dual zorens. Getting Fury on that is crazy.

However once I'm in a game with more than 2 people I can't swing it as fast. It's very frustrating.

However once I'm in a game with more than 2 people I can't swing it as fast. It's very frustrating.
All sorts of things break down as the game gets busier.

I'm hoping the network optimizations in the PS4 patch to come are as massive as they've been described.

The worst is standing there during a mobile defense, swiping that touchpad to do my room clearing special, again and again and again, and nothing happens except for me getting downed from withering MOA fire.

Fixing the framerate, netcode and map navigation issues will help this game tremendously.

Everyone's in the same boat, since there's almost no additional enemies to get spare ammo from. You'll have to resort to ranged powers and hope that more than one person is running Energy Siphon.
Actually, it turns out that Loki > Raptor. Just swap him into one of the shelters and he gets stuck. :) Melee away!

Edit: yay, three control modules!

IvorB

Well got my Latron and got it to ranked 7 (yeah I rushed it). Gonna hit the sack now. It was pretty decent once I sped the rate of fire up. Should be good with a few more mods on it. Anyone know why it just randomly stops shooting for a few seconds all the time?

Well got my Latron and got it to ranked 7 (yeah I rushed it). Gonna hit the sack now. It was pretty decent once I sped the rate of fire up. Should be good with a few more mods on it. Anyone know why it just randomly stops shooting for a few seconds all the time?
Rate of fire buff on a semi-auto? I thought it fired as fast as you hit the button... maybe thats why you're having misfires? I dunno.

ijed

All sorts of things break down as the game gets busier.

I'm hoping the network optimizations in the PS4 patch to come are as massive as they've been described.

The worst is standing there during a mobile defense, swiping that touchpad to do my room clearing special, again and again and again, and nothing happens except for me getting downed from withering MOA fire.

Fixing the framerate, netcode and map navigation issues will help this game tremendously.

I swapped to the second control scheme just to have the specials on a button. I just find it too inconsistent when you have to swipe to activate it and usually only have 2 specials so flicking through with the dpad is easier.

Swipe4Life
Haha, I do love the swiping, but NOT when network/lag conditions negate your actions.

I've had several 10 second periods where I couldn't use any power whatsoever, even though I was inputting the gestures again and again. It usually happens in late round defense missions or mobile defense missions.

A delay would be one thing, but I'm talking about literally nothing happening - but I get to watch my shields and health deplete super quick.

hyp

Any advise on what melee weapon to get? Looking for something fast after all the time with the galatine

orthos prime is awesome if I could just get the damn parts. ran with orthos forever until galatine, look into it as an alternative.

Top Bottom