• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

took me a month to get my first one. now i have 3, the last 2 dropped in the last 2 days.

so if anyone wants to trade one for an energy siphon :p also got a spare flow. I won't be around today, maybe late night around 2 or 3am cst. But tomorrow for sure.
Is it really worth an energy siphon? I would make that trade in a heartbeat. I also have vigor and serration, but energy siphon seems even more rare and desirable.

Just died in the game - enemies shooting through walls ftw. :(

hyp

The orthos prime is a great weapon, it's just that 10 cells is a lot.

Essentially it's a faster galatine that does less damage but charges way faster. On enemies that aren't incredibly high level, you will move faster through them with the Orthos. Also it's a good choice for both ash and loki, since the charge is faster you spend less time from your invisibility charging and more killing.

10 cells is so steep tho.

where did the orthos prime parts drop for you?

hyp

I got one of these too. Just doing mutagen research in my little Aussie clan should should be able to start making the ignis in a couple of days

it's pretty versatile with elemental mods as well. add magnetic damage and your typical rifle damage mods and you can mow down mid level corpus real easy.

it's a bit of a slow burn when you start ranking it up but once you start stacking mods things get really interesting fast.

I've seen a few posts in here about how Trinity is great for destroying bosses. However upon reading the wiki it seems that she's the worst, unless I'm confused. At least based on her powers. Here's an example:

shine a distinct bright green, be suspended in air and have their health changed to 10 times their full health value for the duration of the skill. After the ability ends, if the target is not killed, their health will return to its original value and any damage they had taken before Well of Life was cast will remain.

That seems it would make the boss technically 10 times harder to kill while it's cast. Plus if it isn't killed its original health before it was cast will come back.

That's for Well of Life. The one that gives you health back is the same thing.

Edgeward

Got a split chamber on a venus defense mission. RNG is a capricious girl.

This mod is expensive to use. Pretty much begging for a forma.

Pilgor

took me a month to get my first one. now i have 3, the last 2 dropped in the last 2 days.

so if anyone wants to trade one for an energy siphon :p also got a spare flow. I won't be around today, maybe late night around 2 or 3am cst. But tomorrow for sure.

I have an extra Serration, I'll trade for Energy Siphon. PSN Rogo.

NeededSleep

Just got the Vigor mod a day ago. Easy to level up, but its pretty expensove mod in general. Having a dificult time deciding if its worth it. Id have to forma a lot of warframes to get it to work. Costs 11 at max. Adds I think 120% Shields and health to base. can be equipped with th e other shield and health mod.

Having a hard time getting electric dmg for rifle mod to drop though :mad:

NeededSleep

Man, Raptor is a bitch. I actually run out of ammo before he dies. I need an anti-mech gun or something. Time to look at options...

Just sit on him with the ogris. That rocket launcher will never ever see its ammo run out. If the ammo drops below 475 you modded it wrong. im not even maxed out with mods and it does blast damage of 1680ish. Seration+ split chamber+ blast element mods+ firestorm(aoe damage range increasere)+load speed+fire rate =omnomnomnom.

Because of this I cant wait till we get the grenade launcher in the next patch. Penta.

Dunlop

As for "buying" it, I'm not sure I would suggest that. You don't have to get that far into the game to start farming the parts for her so you can then build her. Check the wiki for the boss location..

It's my weird "ethics", if I play a F2P that I enjoy I make sure to kick in at least $10...also my spare time is brutal so I wanted to start with a frame over farming for it :p

My Excalibur was level 8, now that I reset my frame and weapons (purchased a braton and a lex) is it better to start the missions over to level them up?

I absolutely hate using the touchpad for powers however, hope that can be configured

Armaros

I've seen a few posts in here about how Trinity is great for destroying bosses. However upon reading the wiki it seems that she's the worst, unless I'm confused. At least based on her powers. Here's an example:

That seems it would make the boss technically 10 times harder to kill while it's cast. Plus if it isn't killed its original health before it was cast will come back.

Energy vampire hits for a percentage of a enemies total health, so while under well of life it has 10x the health and if you cast energy vamp right before it ends, you hit it for 4 ticks of about 10-15% of that boosted health.

It's my weird "ethics", if I play a F2P that I enjoy I make sure to kick in at least $10...also my spare time is brutal so I wanted to start with a frame over farming for it :p

My Excalibur was level 8, now that I reset my frame and weapons (purchased a braton and a lex) is it better to start the missions over to level them up?

I absolutely hate using the touchpad for powers however, hope that can be configured
You can configure power usage a bit.

I'm with you in those "ethics," but I've just put the money toward other things. If you don't want to farm it out for time reasons, and that seems like a reasonable plat price to you, I definitely get it.

As for your weapons and frames, frames definitely get stronger as you level them, weapons do not. What you do end up getting are "points" which are used for equipping mods on each weapon and frame. The higher the level, the bigger that pool. You'll find, particularly as the game gets tougher, that those points are at a premium as you equip and upgrade your mods. (The mods are truly what offer your weapons and frames higher strength.) Getting new, better weapons will allow you to move further forward, but leveling them at the lower worlds is pretty much essential until you at least get enough points to equip your most essential mods again.

As for the powers, you might be able to switch that under the control options. DE has promised more comprehensive control reconfiguration in the next few weeks.

Kurod

Banned
Is it just me or does anyone else see Excalibur with an awfully big cheeky smile whenever they log into Warframe?

yJJaSpp.jpg

You're reading that part correctly, but you need to combine Energy Vampire that causes damage to the enemy at a % of their 10x Health rather than a % of their 1x Health.

Each tick can cause thousands of damage, I've taken down some bosses solo just using those two powers 2 or 3 times.

Korten

Banned
Hey guys, good job! I just visited the dojo a few days ago and I really love what you guys did there! I donated another FORMA (FOMA?), keep up the good work.

Advice time: I have a Galatine, and I am making a Grakata with radiation damage. What should I go for with my secondary to round out the set? I am a Loki player, if that influences the decision. I am using Seer right now, and I'm making Bronco to try it out, though I'm not enthusiastic about the weapon.

HORRORSHØW

Advice time: I have a Galatine, and I am making a Grakata with radiation damage. What should I go for with my secondary to round out the set? I am a Loki player, if that influences the decision. I am using Seer right now, and I'm making Bronco to try it out, though I'm not enthusiastic about the weapon.
Give the Cestra or Vasto(s) a try. I'm also partial to the Hikou, or the Despair if you can get the Stalker to drop its BP.

Armaros

You're reading that part correctly, but you need to combine Energy Vampire that causes damage to the enemy at a % of their 10x Health rather than a % of their 1x Health.

Each tick can cause thousands of damage, I've taken down some bosses solo just using those two powers 2 or 3 times.

The only issue with the combo is that its most effective with low or even negative power duration.

But power duration is what you want to max out for Link and Blessing.

Dunlop

Last noob question as I goto bed

I finished all the missions on Mercury, Venus has a checkmark on it, but when I click on Venus it brings me back to the terminus on Mercury

Edgeward

Finally got streamline. RNG giving me what I need but not what I want.

Last noob question as I goto bed

I finished all the missions on Mercury, Venus has a checkmark on it, but when I click on Venus it brings me back to the terminus on Mercury

It's a bug. You'll have to get used to it til the next patch or once you clear all of that planets missions.

jersoc

Is it really worth an energy siphon? I would make that trade in a heartbeat. I also have vigor and serration, but energy siphon seems even more rare and desirable.

Just died in the game - enemies shooting through walls ftw. :(

i have no idea, i don't need them and i figure fellow gaffers can help each other out. tbh, i have no clue on the economy of this game.

molnizzle

So, turns out increased duration makes Saryn ultimate do less damage while reducing duration makes it deal more damage.

What the heck, Digital Extremes, what the heck.

That's what maxed Fleeting is for! With the Chlora helmet for good measure. Mmm, near-instant Mimasa makes me a happy camper. Can't wait to try out Saryn after her buffs in the next update.

Grip help! I have larger hands so I feel a little cramped holding the machine where I need to flex far too often. So do you suggest ....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4JVW/?tag=neogaf0e-20
or
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4K20/?tag=neogaf0e-20
or
.... something else?

Nerf grip all the way. I have just about every Vita grip in existence. Seriously, I have like 5 Vita grips. They're all terrible except for the Nerf one. Even that one's not the best, but it's as good as you can get right now. I also have big hands and don't like to play on the Vita without a grip. The Nerf one is thick enough that you can rest your fingers on the bottom of it without activating the rear touchpad. Invaluable during Remote Play.

But max rank Link really is the useful one, when reviving and hacking it can offer amazing defense and return fire.

Shame it took me until level 29 before I levelled Link up and found out how good it was.

Meh, Link was better before they nerfed it in U11. It used to grant you 100% damage mitigation. Basically a second Blessing while you re-cast Blessing. That's really all I use Link for, extra protection during Blessing re-cast. I don't find it to be very useful for anything else. Blessing so beast!

Armaros

Meh, Link was better before they nerfed it in U11. It used to grant you 100% damage mitigation. Basically a second Blessing while you re-cast Blessing. That's really all I use Link for, extra protection during Blessing re-cast. I don't find it to be very useful for anything else. Blessing so beast!

Link is for CC immunity (it reflects CC back at the enemy target, its wonky with things like moa shockwaves tho) + reflecting damage with self-damage from explosions. (use blessing along with it when you use fully modded explosive weapons)

phierce

Serves you right for going out and having a real life. Psh.
Hahah...but wait I just got home and there's still time! Anyone on that hasn't done it that can toss me an invite?

Guess I skipped parts of Ceres hmmm

PSN: phierce_

Edit: okay, now I officially missed it. Back to being sad.

Edgeward

After never getting killing blow, I got it 4 times in a row. An odd RNG day

But I also got my second Vasto in the oven so when i wake up, I can get my dual Vastos cooking afetr maxing out the single

Thanks for those invites daggrr. I got 3 control modules from that void mission!

Dear Warframe:
I am going to bed now. Do not have a 4am energy siphon alert while I am gone.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

I've been waiting for 3 or more weeks for this and when it finally pops, I'm at the fucking movies.

It appeared at 6.02am on a Sunday morning here in the UK. And there's never a reason to be awake that early on that day.
I missed it by 3 hours Lol :(

Question: last night I was in a void tower 1 mobile defence, before extraction I decided to explore and came across a set of pressure pads that opened doors and laser traps going all directions that seamed like an obstacle course trying to prevent me reaching something special. But at the end I found nothing and had to turn around. What was it and did I miss something?

Edit - Because my old Graphic Design Teacher once said "A picture speaks a thousand words" here's a picture.

BeVTRNEIgAADSkw.jpg:large

phierce

^ yeah, they're in the void and OD missions. Fun, but can be frustrating because you only get one shot at it each time.

Once you step on the first plate you have time limit to reach the final door.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
^ There's a loot room full of containers at the end. You have to get across that room fast enough before the door closes :)

Pretty much.

There's like 3 of these rooms, that one is the "laser room", then there's the "fire pit room" and the last one is... well, it's quite rare so there isn't a name for it yet ;D

With these and other secrets, the void is like sci-fi mario!

^ yeah, they're in the void and OD missions. Fun, but can be frustrating because you only get one shot at it each time.

Once you step on the first plate you have time limit to reach the final door.

Thank's for the replies all of you, I took my time, didn't know the door at the end was open only for so long.
Hence the closed door dead end when I got there.
Next time!

Top Bottom