• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

What are you using to rank it? Cores or anything?

So where do you guys go to rank up level 1 equipment? Just low level defense?

I usually go to Xini on Ceres.

Take a decent or your main in another option and use that along with your abilities.
You gain xp on everything equipped and your frame with other people's kills.

molnizzle

Xini (Eris) is my preferred farm zone. You'll end up with a full group 99% of the time, even if you start out solo. Take advantage of it while you still can since it won't be Infested anymore after the patch.

I make sure to always have one "real" weapon that does good damage and let the group XP beef up the nonsense. You never want to just be dead weight to the group.

If it's an unranked Warframe I'm working on then I usually hit Callisto (Jupiter) first to gain a few levels. Sometimes I'll solo Apollodorous for 25-30 minutes if I'm low on Ferrite. Once I can equip both Redirection and Vitality it's off to Xini.

Let's play a game: talk about a bad frame ability, and what it needs to be good.

I don't get Radial Disarm. 100 energy to take away weapons, but most frames pay this to kill everything around them. I don't want Loki to have an AoE kill since it does not match the character, but it needs to be roughly as good. Or it needs to cost around 50 energy instead of what it does now.

It could make enemies completely helpless, but that doesn't seem tactically interesting. What could be be interesting is if it made the disarmed guns hover and shoot at enemies, or if Loki could place multiple Decoys, and this ability also armed them. It could remove all shield capacity and all special abilities. It could root enemies or stun them. Something like that is needed.

Is it the worst ultimate in the game right now? I think so.

^ I think Radial Disarm is amazing as it is. Highly underrated!

What I'd like to see is a buff to Decoy so it can take a few more hits. Maybe explode and do an AoE stun when it dies, so I can get in a few more melee hits in before they all run to another target :)

As for bad frame abilities, Banshee's Silence.
Stealth? In my Warframe? Pffffffffffffthaaaahahaha!
Anything could replace this and it'd be better.

IvorB

Let's play a game: talk about a bad frame ability, and what it needs to be good.

I don't get Radial Disarm. 100 energy to take away weapons, but most frames pay this to kill everything around them. I don't want Loki to have an AoE kill since it does not match the character, but it needs to be roughly as good. Or it needs to cost around 50 energy instead of what it does now.

It could make enemies completely helpless, but that doesn't seem tactically interesting. What could be be interesting is if it made the disarmed guns hover and shoot at enemies, or if Loki could place multiple Decoys, and this ability also armed them. It could remove all shield capacity and all special abilities. It could root enemies or stun them. Something like that is needed.

I think it's way too expensive and has such specific use cases. Infested don't carry guns and Grineer generally spread out most of the time. So this leaves Corpus who bunch together and use weapons. But even then they can still carry on attacking without missing a beat and it will causes them to rush you instead to get in close which isn't a desirable outcome. I use it in defense and survival when power is not an issue. Maybe at higher levels it's really useful. I haven't levelled it.

Maybe if there was a chance for malfunctioning weapons to explode and do damage.

I pick switch teleport. How about just a straight up teleport instead?

I still got 195 platinum but I dont use what to do with them, I used some of them to buy materials to make MAG (yay), I wanted to buy some cosmetics capes or Mag alt skin but still I want a new melee weapon to craft.

molnizzle

gJlMDxr.jpg

wat.

No.

Just, no.

WTF!
No.

Radial Disarm is probably Loki's most useful ability. High level Grineer can be a real pain in the ass! Being able to zap away their rocket launchers, flame-throwers and Gorgons is a godsend. Disarming the Corpus robots is extremely useful as well. These days I always try to make sure that someone brings a Loki whenever I do T3 Survival or Defense -- just for Radial Disarm.

Most "ultimates" aren't worth it for 100 energy, it's not just Loki. You really need both Streamline + Fleeting Expertise (Rank 3) to bring the cost down to 30. You could also use a Rank 4 Fleeting to hit the Power Efficiency hard cap (75%) and bring the energy cost down to 25, but I prefer to stay at a cost of 30 energy and not lose another 10% on Duration. Personal preference. With Loki in particular you could also use the Essence Helmet + Fleeting (Maxed) to hit the Efficiency cap without Streamline. That's actually worth it (IMO) since it frees up another mod slot. You could then slap Narrow Minded (Rank 7) in there to counteract the -60% Duration from Fleeting. Then maxed Overextended and maxed Stretch to counter the Range hit from Narrow Minded.

With that build you'll have a range of 37.5m for Radial Disarm (up from stock 20m) with durations of 28s for Decoy (stock 25s) and 13.4s for Invisibility (stock 12s). Throw in maxed Continuity and Constitution and you'll be at 41.5s for Decoy and 20.4s for Invisibility. With Energy Siphon you'll regain 12.24 energy during that Invisibility duration (and that's just if you're the only one in the group who has it) and since Invisibility now only costs 12.5 energy, well... you see where I'm going with this.

That's just an example "jack of all trades" build though. I prefer to have separate builds for Radial Disarm range and Invisibility duration. Range for grouping, Duration for solo. If you specialize like that you can hit Invisibility durations of over 30s (!) and with the Swindle Helmet you can hit the Power Range hard cap of 50m on Radial Disarm. 50m is a fucking huge radius in Warframe. I really can't overstate how useful that is for groups facing high level Grineer and Corpus. Especially if you're trying to last longer in T3 Survival or Defense.

God damn I love Loki.

EDIT: As for actual shitty ultimates, Volt's is pretty lackluster unless you have a good Trinity with you. He really needs to be invulnerable throughout the duration of the ability.

Armaros

gJlMDxr.jpg

wat.

No.

Just, no.

WTF!
No.

Radial Disarm is probably Loki's most useful ability. High level Grineer can be a real pain in the ass! Being able to zap away their rocket launchers, flame-throwers and Gorgons is a godsend. Disarming the Corpus robots is extremely useful as well. These days I always try to make sure that someone brings a Loki whenever I do T3 Survival or Defense -- just for Radial Disarm.

Most "ultimates" aren't worth it for 100 energy, it's not just Loki. You really need both Streamline + Fleeting Expertise (Rank 3) to bring the cost down to 30. You could also use a Rank 4 Fleeting to hit the Power Efficiency hard cap (75%) and bring the energy cost down to 25, but I personally prefer to stay at a cost of 30 energy and not lose another 10% on Duration. With Loki in particular you could also use the Essence Helmet + Fleeting (Maxed) to hit the Efficiency cap without Streamline. That's actually worth it (IMO) since it frees up another mod slot. I like to slap Narrow Minded (Rank 7) in there to counteract the -60% Duration from Fleeting. Then maxed Overextended and maxed Stretch to counter the Range hit from Narrow Minded.

With that build you'll have a range of 37.5m for Radial Disarm (up from stock 20m) with durations of 28s for Decoy (stock 25s) and 13.4s for Invisibility (stock 12s). Throw in maxed Continuity and Constitution and you'll be at 41.5s for Decoy and 20.4s for Invisibility. With Energy Siphon you'll regain 12.24 energy during that Invisibility duration (and that's just if you're the only one in the group who has it) and since Invisibility now only costs 12.5 energy, well... you see where I'm going with this.

That's just an example "jack of all trades" build though. I prefer to have separate builds for Radial Disarm range and Invisibility duration. Range for grouping, Duration for solo. If you specialize like that you can hit Invisibility durations of over 30s (!) and with the Swindle Helmet you can hit the Power Range hard cap of 50m with Radial Disarm. 50m is a fucking huge radius in Warframe. I really can't overstate how useful that is for groups facing high level Grineer and Corpus. Especially if you're trying to last longer in T3 Survival or Defense.

God damn I love Loki.

I like to think of radial disarm as inverse Snow Globe. It turns everything in to a grineer or corpus version of infected with no guns. Remember once the enemies have their guns disabled, they either stand there, or run up to you to do their standard punch attack, which isn't very threatening when they previously had rapid fire guns.

Also Volt's Overload is buffed in the PC version, it no longer has a long channel. After the initial animation, he becomes controllable again, but the Overload effect still continues (especially if you hit electronics in the environment) It still suffers from scaling issues in the high end tho.

I think it's way too expensive and has such specific use cases. Infested don't carry guns and Grineer generally spread out most of the time. So this leaves Corpus who bunch together and use weapons. But even then they can still carry on attacking without missing a beat and it will causes them to rush you instead to get in close which isn't a desirable outcome. I use it in defense and survival when power is not an issue. Maybe at higher levels it's really useful. I haven't levelled it.

Maybe if there was a chance for malfunctioning weapons to explode and do damage.

I pick switch teleport. How about just a straight up teleport instead?
Switch Teleport turned Raptor into a helpless infant. I do not want it to change.

@molvetica:
Thanks for that. I am in the mid-game, still clearing the last 4 planets, so I am glad it becomes useful at some point. Right now it feels like trash. If you have high level Loki experience, I would love to get your feedback on my idea to use Grakala and radiation damage for crowd control. I have an issue where I can smack groups down with ease via Galatine, but I can't take hits to get in well. Right now, Corpus are my only problem, since I can't 1-shot them through shields when I get in. I ended up going with the Carrier sentinel, but I am not sure if I made the right choice. There is a lack of strategic info available, even on the wiki. I plan to stick with Loki for the long term, I just need help making him work.

Also, my Loki is level 30, and I have a Forma. I also have Galatine at level 30. What should I use the Forma on?

Goddamn I need an energy siphon. -_- If anyone has one for trade, I have a few solid mods like Vigor, Vitality, Rifle Scavenger, and Serration for trade. Probably something else I forgot, too. I also need fire and electric mods for my Grakala.

molnizzle

Also, my Loki is level 30, and I have a Forma. I also have Galatine at level 30. What should I use the Forma on?

Yes.

As for your Grakata build, you shouldn't be planning on using just one type of Elemental damage on a weapon. With Damage 2.0 you really need to bring the right tool for the specific fight. Corrosive against Grineer, Magnetic against Corpus and Fire against Infested. Those A/B/C loadouts are there for a reason!

After we get the next patch things might be different since Viral damage on a weapon that procs Status Chance a lot will be excellent against all flesh enemies regardless of faction. In that scenario it might be viable to slap Viral on your primary, Magnetic on you secondary and use that for everything. I can't really confirm that since I don't play on PC, but I'm excited to play around with it once we get the patch.

For now though, it goes:

Grineer - Corrosive
Corpus - Magnetic
Infested - Fire

For the Void it's kind of up to you, I usually just roll with Corrosive on my primary and melee weapons and Magnetic on my secondary.

Also, fuck the Grakata. =)

Also Volt's Overload is buffed in the PC version, it no longer has a long channel. After the initial animation, he becomes controllable again, but the Overload effect still continues (especially if you hit electronics in the environment) It still suffers from scaling issues in the high end tho.

Oh, cool. Can't wait to play around with that then.

KICK IT INTO GEAR SONY CERT TEAM

I don't really like to pick my weapons by job. Finding one setup that works everywhere is my goal in every game. I would forget to change them every fight anyway!

So is the confuse effect from radiation not good? I was hoping to anchor my character with that.

I will be trying the Grakata for the first time today.

Armaros

Oh, cool. Can't wait to play around with that then.

KICK IT INTO GEAR SONY CERT TEAM

I dont know if its on the PS4 version yet, I dont have Volt on the PS4 atm. but Shock becomes a multichain always with a much larger target cap then before.

Speed becomes a AoE buff that also increases melee attack speed.

All of this with the Overload update on PC of course.

hyp

Grimløck;97660703 said:
lol. I'm like inches away from maxing it...after over 230 hours.

probably gonna take me another 100 hours just to max it. *sigh*

What are you using to rank it? Cores or anything?

all cores at this point. using same polarity mods barely moves the meter and wastes too many creds.

for ranks 1-10 I usually stick to Mercury/Venus survival then move out to other planets once I feel the weapon gaining strength

molnizzle

I don't really like to pick my weapons by job. Finding one setup that works everywhere is my goal in every game. I would forget to change them every fight anyway!

DE's entire design philosophy with Damage 2.0 is to make it so that you can't do that. Previously you just stacked Armor Piercing and the elemental of your choice and called it a day. Not viable anymore. In this post-U11 world, one loadout will only get you so far. Once enemies get above level 25 or so you really need to be targeting their weaknesses to be effective.

The system needs to be tweaked (and they're continuing to tweak it) but right now it tends to feel like you're either dealing absolutely bullshit damage or absolutely devastating damage. There's not much middle ground. You're either targeting the enemy's weakness or you're not.

So is the confuse effect from radiation not good? I was hoping to anchor my character with that.

It's not that it's bad, it's just not what you want to bring for EVERY encounter. For example, after the next patch Radiation will do +50% increased damage against Robotics. Sound great for Corpus Moa's, right? ...except that it'll also do -25% less damage to shields, which means pretty much every Corpus unit -- including the robots, since you need to burn down their shields before you can damage their health. Against the Infested, Radiation will do +50% increased damage against all normal units and Sinew armor (Ancient Healers). Sweet! ...except that it it'll also do a whopping -75% less damage to Fossilized armor, i.e. Ancient Disruptors and Toxic Ancients.

Now that you mention it, yeah, Radiation seems pretty bad. Except against Grineer, since it'll do +75% increased damage against their heavies with none of the normal units being resistant to it

It's important to remember that the Status effects are only one part of the elemental equation. Elemental damage is also doing flat-out DAMAGE with every shot (or slice), whether the Status effect procs or not. All enemies are weak against some elements and strong against others. When facing enemies of a reasonably high level, you simply must target their elemental weaknesses to do any damage at all.

Now comes the part where I link you to the Wiki. Damage 2.0. Learn it, love it.

Time to step out of your comfort zone!

Then why build an arsenal? Thats where its at for me anyway, the moment to moment combat and arsenal building, and the process of getting to know each weapon and then tuning it for one or more roles.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a fully modeled player arsenal area that you could walk around in and examine each weapon and see your stats and accolades with it. Not as a replacement for the quick in-game arsenal menu mind you - but for flavor.

Maybe something like a small personal dojo. It could be decked out with your frames, weapons, badges and screenshots. Something along the lines of what Assassin's Creed games do with your secret assassin lair.

I am wondering if the confuse effect proccing everywhere could outweigh the damage offerings, though. I know the drawbacks. I don't care if it is bad against infested. Galatine seems to 1-shot all of them anyway. Corpus are my main concern. I thought about magnetising Galatine for them.

It is not an issue of comfort zone. It is just how I play games. If a game forces me to pick different gear for different enemies, I consider it bad design and I move on to another game. Good games make a variety of creative approaches viable. They don't shoehorn you into stacking one thing to win in each situation.

molnizzle

I am wondering if the confuse effect proccing everywhere could outweigh the damage offerings, though. I know the drawbacks.

It might help mitigate them, but at the end of the day this is a game about scale. It's basically horde mode that never ends. Enemies in Survival and Defense will continue to get stronger with every wave, and the stronger they get the more damage they need to take down. Having the confuse effect proc a lot would probably be useful against extremely high enemies that take a lot of bullets to bring down, but the other 3 party members would all still need to be outputting serious damage to pick up your slack -- against Corpus or Infested. Against the Grineer, your build would actually be pretty damn solid.

It is not an issue of comfort zone. It is just how I play games. If a game forces me to pick different gear for different enemies, I consider it bad design and I move on to another game. Good games make a variety of creative approaches viable. They don't shoehorn you into stacking one thing to win in each situation.
And you're fine to play that way until the higher levels of difficulty - but the enemies scale up beyond what's possible with individual players. At that point individual enemy resistances are a lot more potent relative to the damage you can shell out, so I think that people who tune their weapons for specific enemies and roles are really planning ahead for those more difficult missions and enemies.

Although to be sure, straight up black and white thinking isn't the way to go either. Even though my Volt's chain lightning is best against corpus, it still stuns infested and grineer alike, even if it doesn't kill them. And the weapon that appears on paper to be the best to take down faction X may not be the right tool for the job due to enemy behaviors and lag and framerate issues.

And finally, having general purpose builds are also a good idea as Orokin void missions will throw a variety of enemies at you within a single mission. I expect to see more of that down the line.

Edit: yeah, a lot of fun games fall apart at the endgame. Developers seem to have such a hard time balancing all the crazy good stuff they throw around, so they need to result to crazy high HP/resistances. It is always a sign of weak development.

It might help mitigate them, but at the end of the day this is a game about scale. It's basically horde mode that never ends. Enemies in Survival and Defense will continue to get stronger with every wave, and the stronger they get the more damage they need to take down. Having the confuse effect proc a lot would probably be useful against extremely high enemies that take a lot of bullets to bring down, but the other 3 party members would all still need to be outputting serious damage to pick up your slack.
I was thinking that it would emphasize Loki's support role. I am not going to be dealing the big AoE damage, but it seems like the big reason defense missions fail is one person going down, and others needing to resurrect him. If I can crowd control most things from a vantage point and keep things good via confuse, decoy, and radial disarm, it might be enough for me to be pulling my weight.

Anyway, I will give it a try and see how it goes. Eventually. I need the next patch to make Grakata good, and I need fire and electric element mods for it.

Also, I tried the Bronco. I did not realize this thing has 2 rounds in the chamber. Gah. Not pleasing at all. I wish we could just use any two guns. None of the secondaries seem interesting.

Also, I tried the Bronco. I did not realize this thing has 2 rounds in the chamber. Gah. Not pleasing at all. I wish we could just use any two guns. None of the secondaries seem interesting.
Three secondaries I could recommend:

Afuris (dual furis / auto pistols) - they devour ammo but they'll rip through armor and robotics like butter. Such a fun run-and-gun weapon set.

Kunai - (throwing blades) stealthy, with nice puncture damage. Modded they become the weapons of the Gods, and with a lot of utility ta boot.

Dual Vastos (revolvers). These hand cannons have enough ammo and pack enough punch that you just might never leave them out of your loadouts. They do insane slash damage, but they'll punch a hole just fine in Grineer and Corpus alike.

All three of these can fit a general purpose build, though be careful with ammo management on the afuris. I tend not to use them for Spy/Deception if I plan on carrying the datamass, preferring Kunai and Vastos instead.

Should have dual vipers done by tomorrow to see how those handle.

molnizzle

I was thinking that it would emphasize Loki's support role. I am not going to be dealing the big AoE damage, but it seems like the big reason defense missions fail is one person going down, and others needing to resurrect him. If I can crowd control most things from a vantage point and keep things good via confuse, decoy, and radial disarm, it might be enough for me to be pulling my weight.

Well, none of the other Warframes will be dealing big AoE damage either. After a certain point the Warframe abilities that deal direct damage are basically useless because enemies will be such high level that the static damage output barely scratches them.

It's all about utility. In your Loki scenario, Radial Disarm with max range would be infinitely more useful than the confuse proc from Radiation. Especially if you were also outputting serious damage from your weapons to help the team.

However, like weapons, not all Warframes are optimized for every encounter. Mag is fucking godly against the Corpus since all her abilities deal Magnetic damage and Shield Polarize actually scales up with enemy levels as the match goes on. Against Infested and Grineer she's okay, but you'd probably be better off bringing a different frame.

It sounds funny, but this game is a lot like Pokémon. The entire point is to build an Arsenal to tackle any situation, but no one loadout is going work for everything. I mean, you wouldn't bring an entire team of grass Pokémon to fight the fire gym leader, right? ;-)

Afuris (dual furis / auto pistols) - they devour ammo but they'll rip through armor and robotics like butter. Such a fun run-and-gun weapon set.

Kunai - (throwing blades) stealthy, with nice puncture damage. Modded they become the weapons of the Gods, and with a lot of utility ta boot.

Dual Vastos (revolvers). These hand cannons have enough ammo and pack enough punch that you just might never leave them out of your loadouts. They do insane slash damage, but they'll punch a hole just fine in Grineer and Corpus alike.

All three of these can fit a general purpose build, though be careful with ammo management on the afuris. I tend not to use them for Spy/Deception if I plan on carrying the datamass, preferring Kunai and Vastos instead.

Thank you. I will check all three of these out. Can you help me understand why the Kunai are so loved?

Well, none of the other Warframes will be dealing big AoE damage either. After a certain point the Warframe abilities that deal direct damage are basically useless because enemies will be such high level that the static damage output barely scratches them.
Good to know.
It's all about utility. In your Loki scenario, Radial Disarm with max range would be infinitely more useful than the confuse proc from Radiation. Especially if you were also outputting serious damage from your weapons to help the team.
Sure, but it is not an either-or situation, and the confuse proc is free. I kind of plan on Galatine being my big damage source when I need it.
However, like weapons, not all Warframes are optimized for every encounter. Mag is fucking godly against the Corpus since all her abilities deal Magnetic damage and Shield Polarize actually scales up with enemy levels as the match goes on. Against Infested and Grineer she's okay, but you'd probably be better off bringing a different frame.

It sounds funny, but this game is a lot like Pokémon. The entire point is to build an Arsenal to tackle any situation, but no one loadout is going work for everything. I mean, you wouldn't bring an entire team of grass Pokémon to fight the fire gym leader, right? ;-)
Pokemon is a counterexample. You don't swap your team for every fight. You structure one good, diverse team to handle a wide variety of situations. That is good game design. It would be to your point if people stacked water teams for when they fight a fire opponent, but that is not how the game works. That would be pretty dumb as a game design choice, and it is for Warframe, too.

The equivalent of your example would be bringing all slashing weapons to a Corpus stage. That is not what I am aiming for. I am aiming for the ideal Pokemon team, where I might not be amazing in every situation, but I am well equipped for a variety of circumstances.

IvorB

gJlMDxr.jpg

wat.

No.

Just, no.

WTF!
No.

Most "ultimates" aren't worth it for 100 energy, it's not just Loki. You really need both Streamline + Fleeting Expertise (Rank 3) to bring the cost down to 30. You could also use a Rank 4 Fleeting to hit the Power Efficiency hard cap (75%) and bring the energy cost down to 25, but I prefer to stay at a cost of 30 energy and not lose another 10% on Duration. Personal preference. With Loki in particular you could also use the Essence Helmet + Fleeting (Maxed) to hit the Efficiency cap without Streamline. That's actually worth it (IMO) since it frees up another mod slot. You could then slap Narrow Minded (Rank 7) in there to counteract the -60% Duration from Fleeting. Then maxed Overextended and maxed Stretch to counter the Range hit from Narrow Minded.

That's just an example "jack of all trades" build though. I prefer to have separate builds for Radial Disarm range and Invisibility duration. Range for grouping, Duration for solo. If you specialize like that you can hit Invisibility durations of over 30s (!) and with the Swindle Helmet you can hit the Power Range hard cap of 50m on Radial Disarm. 50m is a fucking huge radius in Warframe. I really can't overstate how useful that is for groups facing high level Grineer and Corpus. Especially if you're trying to last longer in T3 Survival or Defense.

God damn I love Loki.

EDIT: As for actual shitty ultimates, Volt's is pretty lackluster unless you have a good Trinity with you. He really needs to be invulnerable throughout the duration of the ability.

That's good to know. That will be something I will look into later I guess. Good to know Loki wasn't lumbered with a dud ability. I love Loki too.

Edgeward

They eat ammo in seconds. At higher levels they rip through corpus and infested. The reload is a drawback even with mods though

molnizzle

The equivalent of your example would be bringing all slashing weapons to a Corpus stage. That is not what I am aiming for. I am aiming for the ideal Pokemon team, where I might not be amazing in every situation, but I am well equipped for a variety of circumstances.

...and that might work out fine for solo play, but when grouping you'll want to have an Arsenal. For example, your Loki build might end up working out decently well, but not if the other 3 players are running similar builds. It all comes down to the group in question. When we run high level stuff as a clan we don't ask for a specific Warframe or weapon, we just ask who wants in and then group up. Once the group is formed we then figure out who's bringing what based on what we're fighting and who has what Warframes. I love playing my Trinity -- and Trinity is amazing as a support frame -- but you don't really need two. If someone else wanted to roll as Trinity then I'd switch to a different frame.

Diversity is the spice of life!

Thank you. I will check all three of these out. Can you help me understand why the Kunai are so loved?t not be amazing in every situation, but I am well equipped for a variety of circumstances.
Having a stealthy weapon never hurts, you'll never run out of ammo, and they're very accurate so its easy to use them for anything from headshots, to cameras and even popping containers from a distance. I've got mine setup for magnetic+heat, buffed puncture with extended clip and a maxed fire rate and they drop Grineer and MOA like nobody's business. If you find yourself lugging around the datamass you're just fine if you've got Kunai on hand.

And you just look like a Ninja bad-ass thwipping a few of those into your enemies while jumping and sliding. Thats always a plus ;P

They eat ammo in seconds. At higher levels they rip through corpus and infested. The reload is a drawback even with mods though
Everybody's warning me about that, hah. I love my Kunai but am looking for something with more impact for my Volt secondary. Thanks for the advice! Here's hoping max ammo buff + extended clip + pistol ammo mutation can mitigate things a bit even though it doesn't sound like it works as well as it should.

Edgeward

I would bring a primary with good ammo economy when using the vipers. Even with pistol mutations they far out use than what you can pull in. I love them for there high fire but they arent something to rely on all the time. If I didnt know about the special vipers from the upcoming plant mission, I might've used a potato on it. As of this moment though, I am binding my time until I get to rank 6 and get the soma.

Gonna use my last one on that for sure.

I would bring a primary with good ammo economy when using the vipers. Even with pistol mutations they far out use than what you can pull in. I love them for there high fire but they arent something to rely on all the time. If I didnt know about the special vipers from the upcoming plant mission, I might've used a potato on it. As of this moment though, I am binding my time until I get to rank 6 and get the soma.

Sometimes what I'll do when running the Afuris is stick to my primary until all hell breaks loose - either tackling an end boss, or on the sprints to the exit after achieving the objective, or those final moments of standing your ground before bugging out in Survival missions. Its like throwing down the gauntlet and breaking out the bullet hoses to keep that damage going while on the run.

And this is random, but I've been using the Sobek shotgun to shoot through the Volt's deployable energy shield and holy god damn. Its incredible to not only protect yourself from damage but also take down whole packs of enemies at long range with a shotgun (the shield removes any range restrictions). And firing through the shield gives you 50% bonus electrical damage. I had barely used this ability through two formas of my frame, but now that I've focused on it I'm loving every bit of it.

...and that might work out fine for solo play, but when grouping you'll want to have an Arsenal. For example, your Loki build might end up working out decently well, but not if the other 3 players are running similar builds. It all comes down to the group in question. When we run high level stuff as a clan we don't ask for a specific Warframe or weapon, we just ask who wants in and then group up. Once the group is formed we then figure out who's bringing what based on what we're fighting and who has what Warframes. I love playing my Trinity -- and Trinity is amazing as a support frame -- but you don't really need two. If someone else wanted to roll as Trinity then I'd switch to a different frame.

Diversity is the spice of life!
The problem is that only a few frames interest me. I want to make Vauban, though. Not many of the frames allow for a lot of tactical creativity. They tend to be very straightforward.

Having a stealthy weapon never hurts, you'll never run out of ammo, and they're very accurate so its easy to use them for anything from headshots, to cameras and even popping containers from a distance. I've got mine setup for magnetic+heat, buffed puncture with extended clip and a maxed fire rate and they drop Grineer and MOA like nobody's business. If you find yourself lugging around the datamass you're just fine if you've got Kunai on hand.

And you just look like a Ninja bad-ass thwipping a few of those into your enemies while jumping and sliding. Thats always a plus ;P

Everybody's warning me about that, hah. I love my Kunai but am looking for something with more impact for my Volt secondary. Thanks for the advice! Here's hoping max ammo buff + extended clip + pistol ammo mutation can mitigate things a bit even though it doesn't sound like it works as well as it should.
Maybe I will give the Kunai a shot, but I was looking for high impact damage with rapid fire. The Bronco...ew....

Well, one thing people seem to be forgetting about the Kunai and Hikou:

They got 2 V polarity slots.
Those slots will benefit with lethal torrent, hornet strike and barrel diffusion.

Super useful if you're not someone who want to waste formas on side arms (like me.)

bLaiSe

Lephantis from ODA runs.
ODS/ODD runs (only drop from ancients.)
Eris defense runs (better than survival since you don't have to run around/miss out on stuff.)

Thanks. Been running Xini for a while now but not a single one dropped so far. Will try OD.

Btw, fuck Hysteria! It's the third time I get booted with an error because of it. Nothing wrong with it until we reach wave 10. If I activate it after that the game crashes.

IvorB

My dual Vipers rip through anything. I love them. Gonna max out the total ammo on them and then they'll be great.

Does anyone know why the Latron keeps misfiring? Seriously sometimes I am pulling the trigger for all its worth and just nothing happens. It's really annoying.

Try the Bronco. Just got the Prime and man I love the thing.
Isn't that two shots per clip? Don't think I can hack that, even when dual wielding.

Does anyone know why the Latron keeps misfiring? Seriously sometimes I am pulling the trigger for all its worth and just nothing happens. It's really annoying.
Thats never happened for me, so maybe its that rate of fire mod mussing with the works?

IvorB

Thats never happened for me, so maybe its that rate of fire mod mussing with the works?

Hmmm... when I test it just firing at nothing it never does it. But during combat and with enemies on screen it does it quite a lot. Suppose I could try without the mod and see but then it's so sloooooow.

Do you use it without rate increase? Don't you find it way too slow?

Do you use it without rate increase? Don't you find it way too slow?
I've never wanted a fire rate increase on it no, as its current ROF is more than enough to me. But its a weapon that you don't really want to spam because the aimed shots are just deadly, so maybe that keeps me pacing my shots, even when firing from the hip most of the time.

I gotta hit em in the face ya see.

IvorB

I've never wanted a fire rate increase on it no, as its current ROF is more than enough to me. But its a weapon that you don't really want to spam because the aimed shots are just deadly, so maybe that keeps me pacing my shots, even when firing from the hip most of the time.

I gotta hit em in the face ya see.

Yeah head shots are all good but considering the amount of enemies this game throws at you the speed is just too slow for me. I just need more bullets coming out of this thing. I'll try it without the mod and see if it makes a difference. Maybe boost the damage instead. I miss my Braton :-(. It's rough the way the game makes you ditch your weapon just when you've made it great so you can advance in mastery rank.

But if the mod is the cause then that would mean it's a bug surely...

EL Beefo

My dual Vipers rip through anything. I love them. Gonna max out the total ammo on them and then they'll be great.

I love the twin vipers, with the multishot mods I have an effective fire rate of 112 rounds/sec, and it fires all of those in just under a second. You just have to treat them more as a semi auto than full auto though, as even a short burst will put out more bullets than most weapons have a full magazine.

oktarb

Isn't that two shots per clip? Don't think I can hack that, even when dual wielding.

With mu mag mod I believe I get 5 trigger pulls. On Tower 2 missions I drop all the normal mobs in 2-3 pulls. The Heavy machine gunners take about 3-4 reloads depending on range and headshots. Not level 30 yet so its just going to get better.

I'm not thrilled with the mag capacity but man it hits hard. To even have the thought "Maybe I'll swap out of my lvl 30 Soma to my bronco..." is just crazy to me but I have that thought. First combo between my primary and secondary where I swap with a purpose in mind.

Is any of this worth an energy siphon? I don't know market values yet. I have some stuff I see requests for, but I don't know if I can get a siphon for it. Feedback from experienced players is appreciated.

I have:
Vigor
Serration
Physique
Rifle Ammo Aura
Master Thief
Undying Will
Thunderbolt
Melee Channel

Is any of this worth an energy siphon? I don't know market values yet. I have some stuff I see requests for, but I don't know if I can get a siphon for it. Feedback from experienced players is appreciated.

I have:
Vigor
Serration
Physique
Rifle Ammo Aura
Master Thief
Undying Will
Thunderbolt
Melee Channel

whoa, dont get rid of that master theif unless its a spare, that mod is mad rare (2% drop rate), that should easily net you a siphon and then some..

auras are on a alert schedule, so you'll eventually get one, cant really say the same for master theif..unless the RNG is smiling upon you.

whoa, dont get rid of that master theif unless its a spare, that mod is mad rare (2% drop rate), that should easily net you a siphon and then some..

auras are on a alert schedule, so you'll eventually get one, cant really say the same for master theif..unless the RNG is smiling upon you.
Woah, and I almost didn't list that one because it seems so scrappy to me. 40% chance of unlocking a container seems "meh". Is it really that big of a deal?

My play schedule is dictated by work hours, so I will probably not be around for an energy siphon for a long time. It would really improve my play experience, while I won't need Master Thief for farming for a long time, and I doubt I would have the patience to use it properly.

Kurod

Banned

I have:
Vigor
Serration
Physique
Rifle Ammo Aura
Master Thief
Undying Will
Thunderbolt
Melee Channel
I PM'd you earlier. I have a spare energy siphon I'm willing to give you. Picked it up on the other night's alert.

On another note I finally found an infected clip while clearing out Uranus.

Top Bottom