• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

foxdvd

Played a bit with new patch. So much better, people are going to be very happy...

Just a note, The changes to Saryn that resulted in her ultimate doing more damage when you reduced duration has been brought to the ps4. I just tested it out.

Miasma does 1500 damage over 4 seconds. There is an extra tic in there for some reason that results in a fully leveled Miasma doing 1875 damage. It use to be that you had to increase your duration to increase the damage of this skill (along with of course focus/blind) If you used a fleeting the damage would proc less and ended up doing less damage.

This is not the case anymore. Now it will do that 1875 damage, but in less time when you lower duration. Instead of 4 procs of about 450 damage each, if you lower the duration in half you get 2 procs of 900 each. If you put a fully leveled fleeting and use the helm that lowers duration, you are going to get 2571 damage per cast of Miasma. (this is because you get 2 procs plus that extra proc that is there for some reason)

End result is a skill that when combined with a blind rage and focus does well over 5000 damage per cast. Combine with a Rhino's roar and a nova and you are doing stupid damage per cast.

I really hope Sony approves these updates quicker because i would like to transfer my pc account over but at this point its impossible because of how quickly they update pc and how slowly ps4 gets updated.

bLaiSe

Bah! One of the things i wanted was to change contoller setting for remote play. No dice. I want my left shoulder button to be aim darn it!

Playing survival mission for 30 min, have not seen any slowdown whatsoever.
What? It's the same as it was? Nooooo!

DS4 controls yes, but not vita controls unless i missed something.

This makes me downright furious...

ALRIGHT.

So, now that the update is out and the Cicero crisis has begun how should we approach this? Is there any benefit to attacking it as a clan? How should the antidotes be approached?

If someone with prior experience in this has thoughts, they would be appreciated!

bebop242

Double check, see if you are missing something! Well ... a guy can hope anyways

I did actually. Top option is change controller settings. Click on it and you can change the DS4. No option for vita. Go back to options and below change controller settings, there is vita remote play controls. Click on it and its just a screen showing the controls, no way to changeit. Even jumped on the vita to see if i could do it there, but nope.

Sdoots

This makes me downright furious...

ALRIGHT.

So, now that the update is out and the Cicero crisis has begun how should we approach this? Is there any benefit to attacking it as a clan? How should the antidotes be approached?

If someone with prior experience in this has thoughts, they would be appreciated!

The bit I played to check out Oberon when he released on PC gave the impression that you basically want to just constantly be sweeping the area for anything you can scan. After a while, you start to recognize the siloheuttes of the things that actually give you the resources you want. The ones I remember were tiny spheres, and some weeds. There were more, though. Some of these resources only show up during the "day", and some only during the "night", which is determined by some fucking thing I don't know but you guys will figure it out in no time I'm sure.

Because of the missions being scan-happy, I'd suggest doing them with other clan members. That way, you all know what the plan is, and don't have anyone come in and just mow down the bad guys and rush the exit.

Once you have enough resources, you can forge them into an antidote. Different antidotes are different strengths, and ideally you want everyone to bring the strongest one they possibly can. So don't skimp out when forging your antidotes! Save up your resources, scan like a madman, and tap into your inner alchemist.

You have the antidote equipped in your inventory like you would a cipher or an ammo box, and you'll recognize the bigass poisonmaking machine you insert it into when you see it. Have everyone shove an antidote in there, and start defending.

Born2Live

I did actually. Top option is change controller settings. Click on it and you can change the DS4. No option for vita. Go back to options and below change controller settings, there is vita remote play controls. Click on it and its just a screen showing the controls, no way to changeit. Even jumped on the vita to see if i could do it there, but nope.

Well thats disappointing to hear.

Double check, see if you are missing something! Well ... a guy can hope anyways

I just checked it. It DOES work. There isn't some kind of separate controller set up for Vita, but whatever DS4 changes you make will translate to the Vita. However, you do need to keep in mind that the weird flipping of the shoulder buttons remains there even with the custom controls, meaning you don't have to touch the shooting button, but you'll have to make L1 zoom to make it work. When you go back to your DS4, you'll just have to default things back.

ParityBit

Damn it! Thank you for checking though. :)

Oh, is our clan emblem there?!

Ardenyal

I really hope Sony approves these updates quicker because i would like to transfer my pc account over but at this point its impossible because of how quickly they update pc and how slowly ps4 gets updated.

This update was submitted a few days ago, fairly quick turnaround time compared to the last update which was in cert for almost two weeks.

ParityBit

I just checked it. It DOES work. There isn't some kind of separate controller set up for Vita, but whatever DS4 changes you make will translate to the Vita. However, you do need to keep in mind that the weird flipping of the shoulder buttons remains there even with the custom controls, meaning you don't have to touch the shooting button, but you'll have to make L1 zoom to make it work. When you go back to your DS4, you'll just have to default things back.

Oh man. Thats great!

Now I need a vita controller setup ....

Okay two questions:

Where is the trading post in the Clan base?

As having no PC experience, what should I be looking for with this new update? Particularly I'm in need of a new warframe and I don't know where to go to now. I finished Mag Prime, Rhino, and Volt. Prefer magic over melee warframes and speed doesn't matter. What are my options?

Born2Live

Okay two questions:

Where is the trading post in the Clan base?

As having no PC experience, what should I be looking for with this new update? Particularly I'm in need of a new warframe and I don't know where to go to now. I finished Mag Prime, Rhino, and Volt. Prefer magic over melee warframes and speed doesn't matter. What are my options?

I would say to try Nova or Ember next. I would say both of these frames are more ability focused then melee.

Ardenyal

Performance seems much improved and I love the control customization. Finally i might use block when i can bind it to R3.

Analog sticks feel really off still. You can push the right analog stick to the side and wiggle it 20 degrees up and down along the rim and the view is still being pushed in a straight horizontal line. Makes fine tuning aim really hard. Also, different sensitivity on horizontal and vertical axis.

bebop242

Really?!? I actually tried doing that earlier and it didnt seem to change anything, I'll have to try it again. Thanks!

IvorB

Got everything I need to build an Oberon warframe. Now I just need the doughs :-(. Anyone got any thoughts on the Oberon?

molnizzle

The highest score is 400, so we want as many members as possible to achieve that. Getting 400 requires all four members to go into the final mission with the rarest toxin equipped. Those runs will almost certainly have to be achieved in clan groups to ensure that all 4 people actually bring it. The actual scanning stuff to get there can technically be pugged.

The highest score is 400, so we want as many members as possible to achieve that. Getting 400 requires all four members to go into the final mission with the rarest toxin equipped. Those runs will almost certainly have to be achieved in clan groups to ensure that all 4 people actually bring it. The actual scanning stuff to get there can technically be pugged.

I'd participate, but I have no clue on this Cicero Crisis. I guess I'll learn more about it when I get home.

When you enter the dojo it's right above you.

I'll look for it again. Maybe I'm just an idiot...

Got everything I need to build an Oberon warframe. Now I just need the doughs :-(. Anyone got any thoughts on the Oberon?

He's pretty good in my book.

1 skill it pretty "meh"
2 is great with the pain rug action. Team up with a Vaub on a defense mission and lay rugs around the edges of his Bastille. So many numbers!
3 heal is decent. It's very slow, but will travel through the terrain to reach your team.
4 is a pretty powerful kill button.

My only gripe is joining a game with a Fleeting Expertise Oberon who spams 4 every damn 5 seconds... So annoying! :p

IvorB

I'd participate, but I have no clue on this Cicero Crisis. I guess I'll learn more about it when I get home.

Me too. I've done the mission a few times now but didn't see much sense to it. It's just nice to kill Grineer in a new environment :).

Who drops the parts? Maybe I will farm it when I get home.

Councilor Vay Hek. It's pretty straight forward. He's getting farmed heavy right now so you'll be able to pick up the parts easy. Poor guy is in for a busy night.

He's pretty good in my book.

1 skill it pretty "meh"
2 is great with the pain rug action. Team up with a Vaub on a defense mission and lay rugs around the edges of his Bastille. So many numbers!
3 heal is decent. It's very slow, but will travel through the terrain to reach your team.
4 is a pretty powerful kill button.

My only gripe is joining a game with a Fleeting Expertise Oberon who spams 4 every damn 5 seconds... So annoying! :p

Cool, man. Think I'll give him a go. It's between that and Rhino but there's so many Rhino's about. I'll think on it.

molnizzle

Clan Emblem!

emblemnnshf.jpg

Void mobile defenses are still a horrible slideshow. :( There's a small bit of performance improvement in that it doesn't stay at <10fps after a big fight for the rest of the mission, but still pretty bad.

Other than that, some very nice improvements and new stuff.

Born2Live

Well that sucks. Left the game to update via remote play whilst I spent some time with the family and PS4 must of gone into standby before the update had finished, meaning I've got to run the update again on me stupidly slow broadband.

Guess it gives me time to grab some platinum so I can bye the clan emblem.

HORRORSHØW

I'm still confused by the cicero crisis. can I only scan for extracts on the designated planet with the injector or can it be done on all of earth?

This Cicero crisis is stupid, while I'm searching around for plants to, you know do what we're there for, some are just running straight to extraction. Stopping everyone else from getting their scans in.

Helscream

Banned
Pathogen Rounds

Alright GAF I did some runs on Ganymede, Jupiter. If you do not know already Pathogen Rounds ONLY drop off of Anti MOA's which ONLY spawn in the Jupiter tileset.

Here is my own personal data. I will list the number of runs, how many enemies I had to kill and how many Anti MOA's I encountered during the mission.

(Mission Place-Enemies-Anti MOA)

1st 65-2 2nd 62-1 3rd 62-0 4th 91-2 5th 62-0 6th 65-0

7th 55-1 8th 60-1 9th 58-0 10th 91-3 11th 92-2 12th 85-2

13th 58-0 14th 62-6 15th 85-1 16th 85-0 17th 62-2

So basically out of 17 runs I killed 1265 enemies and only a total of 24 Anti MOA's spawned. Now while I did use Nekros to try and increase my chance of it dropping. When it did drop it came from the enemy, not desecrate.

So basically I was averaging a Anti MOA every 52.7 enemies. So if you do the math it seems like the drop rate based on my data is 4.16% chance to drop. It may not be the offical drop rate, but I hope my data helps.

Pro tip for Cicero (unless they changed it for PS4... They knew about this happening on PC and let it slide):

Start mission
If there are no rare plants in the starting area to scan, abort and try again.
???
Profit

molnizzle

This Cicero crisis is stupid, while I'm searching around for plants to, you know do what we're there for, some are just running straight to extraction. Stopping everyone else from getting their scans in.

I'm just gonna solo all that shit. Doesn't affect spawn rates for the plants.

Pro tip for Cicero (unless they changed it for PS4... They knew about this happening on PC and let it slide):

Start mission
If there are no rare plants in the starting area to scan, abort and try again.
???
Profit

I like your attitude. ;-)

That's exactly what I'm doing. LOL

Does the game run any better? I quit while back because almost every match I was in turned into slow motion mess and frame rate would drop to nothing constantly.

koryuken

Where did you read this? I saw your post and decided to get all the parts (took 6 runs) just in case. I heard the Gremlins and Miter would also be really hard after the patch so I picked those up a few days ago.

Well, currently the Phorid is an infested boss on Eris. With the new update (currently on PC), he is essentially going to be a random encounter. The infested are going to be randomly spread all over the map, and if they "infest" a boss, he will be Phorid for some duration. There will be no consistent way to farm it other than this.

PS. I also got the Gremlins and the Milter.

Pathogen Rounds

Alright GAF I did some runs on Ganymede, Jupiter. If you do not know already Pathogen Rounds ONLY drop off of Anti MOA's which ONLY spawn in the Jupiter tileset.

Here is my own personal data. I will list the number of runs, how many enemies I had to kill and how many Anti MOA's I encountered during the mission.

(Mission Place-Enemies-Anti MOA)

1st 65-2 2nd 62-1 3rd 62-0 4th 91-2 5th 62-0 6th 65-0

7th 55-1 8th 60-1 9th 58-0 10th 91-3 11th 92-2 12th 85-2

13th 58-0 14th 62-6 15th 85-1 16th 85-0 17th 62-2

So basically out of 17 runs I killed 1265 enemies and only a total of 24 Anti MOA's spawned. Now while I did use Nekros to try and increase my chance of it dropping. When it did drop it came from the enemy, not desecrate.

So basically I was averaging a Anti MOA every 52.7 enemies. So if you do the math it seems like the drop rate based on my data is 4.16% chance to drop. It may not be the offical drop rate, but I hope my data helps.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown! Time to get farming.

Top Bottom