• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ugh, trophies seem to have bugs too.

Leveled my Carrier to 30 this morning. No trophy. No way I'm going to forma something that doesn't need polarities again.

molnizzle

For the new page:

cicero8nr6q.png

Galatine, and it's not close.

When you get the Soma, you'll forget the Grakata exists.

The Galatine easily. While farming Hek for Oberon parts I once critted that mofo for over 68k damage. I doubt you'd ever see the Grakata do anything like that.

Are you enjoying your Grakata? Seems to be lot's of people slating it on here.
I love my Grakata. People comparing it to Soma are stuck in the last patch. The Grakata now has a 20% status chance and a better crit rate. The Soma is better for direct damage by a bit, but it also has a wind-up period the Grakata does not have (supposedly). The Grakata has so much status o output that when I have Blast on it, I can lock an enemy group down into the knockdown state through Blast procs. Right now I trigger a Blast proc so I can run in and mow a group down with Galatine.

Now, I might not stay with Blast procs. I want to try Radioactivity to slam groups with confusion, but I could also try stacking Magnetism and Viral to get a double health debuff on enemies. Does the Electric proc stun an enemy group? Or is it just damage? I am trying to figure out a good multi-purpose status proc setup. I just don't have an electric element mod for rifles. :p

Anyway, my point is that the Grakata now does something no other gun offers, and against high level enemies status procs gain more and more value. The only reason I hesitate to potato it is that I have not tried the Ignis yet, and that gun sounds appealing to me as well.

I will potato the Galatine for now. I keep thinking that the Ignis is a melee option. I wish it were, and I wish that we could just have any two guns to swap between. I would love an Ignis/Grakata setup, or to mix in a sniper rifle. The secondary guns are all kind of meh.

IvorB

I love my Grakata. People comparing it to Soma are stuck in the last patch. The Grakata now has a 20% status chance and a better crit rate. The Soma is better for direct damage by a bit, but it also has a wind-up period the Grakata does not have (supposedly). The Grakata has so much status o output that when I have Blast on it, I can lock an enemy group down into the knockdown state through Blast procs. Right now I trigger a Blast proc so I can run in and mow a group down with Galatine.

Now, I might not stay with Blast procs. I want to try Radioactivity to slam groups with confusion, but I could also try stacking Magnetism and Viral to get a double health debuff on enemies. Does the Electric proc stun an enemy group? Or is it just damage? I am trying to figure out a good multi-purpose status proc setup. I just don't have an electric element mod for rifles. :p

Anyway, my point is that the Grakata now does something no other gun offers, and against high level enemies status procs gain more and more value. The only reason I hesitate to potato it is that I have not tried the Ignis yet, and that gun sounds appealing to me as well.

I will potato the Galatine for now. I keep thinking that the Ignis is a melee option. I wish it were, and I wish that we could just have any two guns to swap between. I would love an Ignis/Grakata setup, or to mix in a sniper rifle. The secondary guns are all kind of meh.

That's cool, man. I'm finally starting to love my Latron. Got +60% rate of fire, +105% damage, +20% ice damage, +20% reload speed on there and still some headroom to play with. Not planning to switch it for a while but good to know the Grakata is a viable option. I don't like the idea of using a flame-thrower or grenade launcher as a main. That's just barbaric :).

I got my first Orokin catalyst yesterday but I think I will hold onto it for now. Right now I'm looking out for a good melee option. Everybody seems to be saying Galatine but I wouldn't mind something a little bit different. So many to chose from; dreading trawling through all those weapon stats.

That's cool, man. I'm finally starting to love my Latron. Got +60% rate of fire, +105% damage, +20% ice damage, +20% reload speed on there and still some headroom to play with. Not planning to switch it for a while but good to know the Grakata is a viable option. I don't like the idea of using a flame-thrower or grenade launcher as a main. That's just barbaric :).

I got my first Orokin catalyst yesterday but I think I will hold onto it for now. Right now I'm looking out for a good melee option. Everybody seems to be saying Galatine but I wouldn't mind something a little bit different. So many to chose from; dreading trawling through all those weapon stats.
See, and I hate my Latron, but I acknowledge it has virtues.

The Ignis is attractive because it has AoE damage, and Loki can really take advantage of that with stealth positioning. I will probably run different setups for Vauban and Loki. Someone earlier said that weapons are not especially effective or weak based on the frame they are with, but that is just ridiculous. A weapon like Galatine does especially well on characters who can minimize the negative effects of a long charge time, like Loki and Rhino. Using an electric weapon on Frost makes more sense than using one on Volt. Each character has particular equipment needs.

Personally, I would not use Galatine on most caster frames, save Frost. Ember doesn't want to be running around taking those long charge time swings. Nova can appreciate it for Blast procs off of her ultimate, though. Galatine is probably the best general option just because lag kills speed based weapons like Dual Ether, which can luckily make up for it with Spin attacks that are the best in the game.

molnizzle

I hate that day and night are 6 hour intervals.

Yeah. My sleep schedule is not beneficial to me on this one.

PRO TIP FOR SCANNING RUNS: Set your game to "Private" and do them solo. If you find a Jadeleaf, post in the PSN chat and invite clan members to scan it. I confirmed last night that this works. We need to help each other out here to make this as painless and efficient as possible!

hyp

orokin derelict defense feels pretty optimized with this patch. ran a 60 wave marathon with some randoms last night and the framerate held up the entire time. guess this was one thing they fixed. don't think we would've lasted that long if it were the slow-mo fest of the previous build.

in general, defense missions feel a lot better than before.

orokin derelict defense feels pretty optimized with this patch. ran a 60 wave marathon with some randoms last night and the framerate held up the entire time. guess this was one thing they fixed. don't think we would've lasted that long if it were the slow-mo fest of the previous build.

in general, defense missions feel a lot better than before.
I haven't done any void missions yet, but in all of the operations and alerts I've run across all mission types I haven't experienced a single low framerate slog or slide show. It's a significant improvement. There are drops from time to time when the whole world is exploding in flames and electricity, but most of the time even those crazy hectic moments run smooth. Loving this update so far.

Kurod

Banned
What's your build? Most I've seen was 30k I think on mine.

Killing Blow, Organ Shatter, True Steel, Smite Grineer, Reflex Coil, Molten Impact, and Shocking touch. Bear in mind I use radial blind on him too so that gives me the stealth bonus to melee attacks.

The secondary guns are all kind of meh.

If you haven't, give Kunai (or especially, Despair) a shot. Modded up, their fire and reload rate gives them machine-gun like qualities and their damage versus heavy armor enemies means they can actually put out primary weapon type numbers against at least one faction, rather than 'meh' numbers against all factions.

bLaiSe

My Ash just got to lvl 30 from lvl 9. Weird...
Went on a t2 defense with him equipped, switched to Rhino before it started and when the mission was completed it showed my Ash. Anyone had this glitch yet?

I wonder what Ed Boon would have to say about the Scorpion units from the Grineer.

"Jesus Christ these things are needlessly obnoxious. And do they really have to send them out along with the Shield fuckers? I'm just putting Punch Through on everything now, fuck these guys."

(Also "Get Over Here".)

oktarb

Three runs on Vay Hek and I got each of the three Oberon parts needed. Thank you Warframe gods! Now to wait 4 days like the Oberon pie bakes.

Anyone got recommendations for good things to buy with Platinum? I've had enough fun with this game I feel like I need to kick some cash into the till, but honestly it's been pretty good about giving me what I need/want without spending cash, and the free PS+ Plat has pretty much covered my needs (mostly slots).

Are there any really good cosmetics or anything?

Helscream

Banned
So uh, just got my PS4 and started this, and picked Loki, good?

Well I will put it to you like this. At first glance Loki does not seem impressive because while all four of your abilities have alot of utility you will feel like your underpowered because you can't kill anything with your starting weapons.

In reality Loki has some of the best synergy between his own skills and is superb crowd control against Corpus and Grineer. All four of his abilities once fully upgraded will scale extremely well in the late in-game.

Here is a breakdown of how his abilities should be used.

Decoy - You will spawn a decoy where ever you point your cross hair as long as the geometry is in range. When used the decoy will actively draw aggro away from you and your fellow Tenno until the decoy is destroyed or expires after the duration is complete. To take advantage of this ability try placing in areas that makes it difficult for the AI pathing to reach. Putting them inside small nook or crannies is best after using radial disarm.

Invisibility - You will time invisible for a specified amount of time. Use this to either help revive a fallen Tenno or escape danger yourself. Also you get a very nice melee damage multiplier while being invisible. You can really take advantage of this by casting invisibility running inside a dense crowd of enemies and casting radial disarm for maximum effect.

Switch Teleport - You will teleport to the current location of a enemy, fellow Tenno, and even your own decoy. While the target will teleport to the location you were standing when you used the ability. This is really best used to either troll other players or actually help you reach difficult areas that are otherwise inaccessible. You can place your decoy far off in the distance or a high ledge then use switch teleport to trade places with it.

Radial Disarm - When used this ability will disarm all enemies of there weapons and will begin to wield the Prova melee weapon (Stun Rod) and will only be able to use melee attacks from that point forward. When enemies they are permanent disarmed and will remain so until death. Heavy enemies units like the Corpus Tech, Fusion MOA, and heavy Grineer units go from being extremely dangers and deadly to being about as useless as tits on a turtle. While they're disarmed their melee attacks can still harm you and kill you if your too clumsy. The great thing about this ability is that it scales indefinitely. This ability is about as useful on level 1 enemies as it is on level 100 enemies. The only faction this will have not affect on is the Infested so keep that in mind.

Here is the wiki page for reference.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Loki_(Warframe)

I am looking for Constitution, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Focus Energy, and Continuity.

I have:
Fortitude
Lethal Torrent
Power Throw
Melee Channel
Master Thief
Ravage
Reflex Guard
Sundering Strike
Thunderbolt
Undying Will
Vigor
Hornet Strike
Physique
Point Blank
Reflex Coil
Rifle Scavenger
Serration
Shotgun Scavenger
Stretch

Grimløck;98474972 said:
Looks like a Loki invis build.
Yeah, and stuff I want to mess with when I get Nyx and Vauban. I feel like Loki needs perma invis to survive later void stuff.

Edge, waiting in the Dojo.

Kurod

Banned
I have extra continuitys for sure and perhaps some of the others, hit me up next time you see me.

I'm in need of continuity as well. Let me know if you need any mods and I'll see if I have some for trade.

I'm also in need of Split Chamber and Barrel Diffusion if anyone is feeling generous enough to give/trade/sell those elusive buggers.

Top Bottom