• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

So no more Blessing Invul?
Welp, can't say she wasn't crazy overpowered, so I don't mind.

I've been using her lately for Nightmare missions and to help gather beacons in public defense missions, and with continuity, flow, streamline and one or two energy siphon players she can keep that invulnerability up continuously. That's too much, and it both breaks the game's balance and eliminates any sense of tension, so it was only a matter of time really.

Dave1988

So they nerfed Trinity (to.the.ground.) but they didn't touch Nova?

3a1.jpg

Grineeeer must really hate people staying in Survival past the 40 minutes mark.

I've been using her lately for Nightmare missions and to help gather beacons in public defense missions, and with continuity, flow, streamline and one or two energy siphon players she can keep that invulnerability up continuously. That's too much, and it both breaks the game's balance and eliminates any sense of tension, so it was only a matter of time really.

3a1.jpg

Balance? What balance?

DBZ said:
Changes to faction logic in Invasion mission on ‘homeworld’ planets. These homeworld planets are indicated by the planet description in game.
Defender won't go into "threatened mode" until they reach somewhere between 33% to 66% ownership. At that point they engage in a more aggressive strategy to win a majority land value on their homeworld. Once they are back to that value, they will return to normal until another “threatened mode” between 33% and 66% takes place.

I fucking love vague patch notes like this. They never tell you what's actually supposed to change. "More aggressive strategy" is just as good as writing "stuff happens".

3a1.jpg

Balance? What balance?
I know you seem to snark on all things Warframe while playing (or following) it religiously, but in general the harder stuff is tough unless you come prepared. People who have the mods and know the game well can be very, very prepared, and far more than that even when in a full group of players who have come together to min/max their strategies, but for anybody else the game does hold some risks.

With Trinity + the mods I mentioned the only thing keeping your team from invulnerability from all things for the duration of a mission is getting disrupted. That's really it. In the universe of the game's imbalances its the worst one I've seen anyway. Even the players I've run with that one or two-shot bosses get downed every once in a while.

Trinity was full on broken, as I know from playing her myself without particularly uber gear or crazy mods or even a single forma, so I don't mind the change. It'll keep me paying more attention when playing that frame again.

Edgeward

Defense on Earth is still not fixed. Wave 1 had 3 guys hidden away on the top platform.

The only real challenge in survival is sometimes just finding people to kill. I want Gauntlet style enemies flooding the screen.

Dave1988

I know you seem to snark on all things Warframe while playing (or following) it religiously, but in general the harder stuff is tough unless you come prepared. People who have the mods and know the game well can be very, very prepared, and far more than that even when in a full group of players who have come together to min/max their strategies, but for anybody else the game does hold some risks.

With Trinity + the mods I mentioned the only thing keeping your team from invulnerability from all things for the duration of a mission is getting disrupted. That's really it. In the universe of the game's imbalances its the worst one I've seen anyway. Even the players I've run with that one or two-shot bosses get downed every once in a while.

Trinity was full on broken, as I know from playing her myself without particularly uber gear or crazy mods or even a single forma, so I don't mind the change. It'll keep me paying more attention when playing that frame again.

I never said that Trinity wasn't broken. The problem is, when Grineeer goes about "balancing" anything he usually nerfs it to the fucking ground. Trinity was great for high level survival (past the 40 minutes mark) as I could relatively safely go after far off beacons without having to worry about the rest of my teammates getting snuffed out. She was especially effective in PUG groups where I didn't know what the preparation levels of the randoms were until the match actually started. I could concentrate on getting far off life support while the randoms concentrated on killing enemies / being randoms.

After the patch I'll either completely stop using Trin or use her rarely as she isn't really needed in low level games and for high level games I'll just use the top frames (i.e. Loki) that haven't been nerfed to the ground yet. Trinity was broken, but her brokenness had a place and purpose in Warframe. Another frame joins the garbage bin.

RIP Trinity. You were too good for this game. ;_;7

genbatzu

now that I finally have all mods for a Trinity Blessing Build (and polarized 5 times) they nerf it xD

It's the only Warframe I play actually, so let's see how this will work out...

Dave1988

now that I finally have all mods for a Trinity Blessing Build (and polarized 5 times) they nerf it xD

It's the only Warframe I play actually, so let's see how this will work out...

I'm thinking of stacking duration reduction mods for Blessing spam with Nat Talent slapped on for quick casting times. The damage reduction bonus seems too haphazard to rely on. Maybe even exchange a max rank Blessing for a r0 one to cut down the effect duration even further.

Or you do this.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I agree, Trinity was totally broken.

So is Nova.

Trinity will still be a powerful warframe, just no longer a broken exploit.

They've been long overdue for a revision on warframes, and this is the beginning. At the end of the day you cannot have interesting gameplay when the players are simply invulnerable100% of the time.

genbatzu

If you like support roles, Vauban is amazing.

Kinda tough to get tho =/

yep, I like support roles, that's why I've chosen Trinity.
I'm currently building Oberon, just because the description says it's partly support and I somehow had all blueprints for him lying around.

gonna have a look at Vauban

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
haven't played Nova, so what's so broken about her?

Insantly makes every enemy in the level move twice as slow, attack twice as slow and take twice the damage.

If during the 12 hour duration of the skill as much as a fly buzzes near an enemy, the entire level worth of enemies explodes.

It also costs 25 energy to cast.

edit: despite's dave's hyperbole, Trinity is still a great warframe, it's just not broken as fuck. You can continue to use it and be a great asset to any squad.

I dont think nova is broken at all. It is a co-op game and not a competitive game, she is also really squishy which balances out her powers. I see people getting downed all the time playing as nova on the harder missions.

What's currently the best place to farm oxium?
Considering the nearly the whole damn starmap is Corpus, nearly everywhere ;p

I'd probably just tackle some Corpus defense missions.

Then again I need 600 Oxium to build the Zephyr that I have the blueprints for (after the Oxium used to research the damn parts in the dojo), and I've only gotten maybe 55 or so in the past two weeks. Guess I'll build my Zephyr sometime in mid-2015 because I'm not grinding for the stuff.

Insantly makes every enemy in the level move twice as slow, attack twice as slow and take twice the damage.

If during the 12 hour duration of the skill as much as a fly buzzes near an enemy, the entire level worth of enemies explodes.

It also costs 25 energy to cast.
Holy wow. Had no idea it was that cheap.

She is squishy, but she helps to make short work of packs of enemies, that's for sure.

Dave1988

Holy wow. Had no idea it was that cheap.

She is squishy, but she helps to make short work of packs of enemies, that's for sure.

It costs 25 MP when modded for power efficiency. It's not 25 MP cost out of the box.

Anyway,

1400165025721gek9h.png

And here I though enemies only leveled up to lvl 255 lol

VariantX

haven't played Nova, so what's so broken about her?

Seems like her power has an absurd range. She's pretty monstrous in defense missions when all she has to do is cast then mostly everyone in the room gets primed to explode, which in return causes a chain reaction and outright nukes dozens of guys at the same time.

bLaiSe

I dont think nova is broken at all. It is a co-op game and not a competitive game, she is also really squishy which balances out her powers. I see people getting downed all the time playing as nova on the harder missions.
Molecular Prime makes the game boring. I hate to enter a room then kill a brain dead enemy to see all the other enemies die from the explosion. That's all.

When I started playing Warframe and the very first time I witnessed Molecular Prime (I didn't know what it was or what Warframe it came from then) I was in awe.

"Oh Shit! what was that? I need to get that Warframe"

So I made it my mission to find out what Frame it came from (what threw me off was it could be different colours so I thought those were all different powers) and then proceed to get me that Frame.

Then she became my main, and I was part of the "problem"
I've since moved on to rank up every Warframe I get and in that process added Saryn, Loki and Trinity (I spent a lot of time and real money (Narrow Minded max rank for 100p) and now they're going to take that away from me :'( they really should do something like with the Arkane Helmet stats)) to my top "go to" Frames.

I really don't have a problem playing with others who use Nova, I love seeing her in action.

And as it's a co-op game, I'm not in it to get the most kills in a round, it's a team game, plus you get xp for all of Nova's kills.

manfestival

Just downloaded the game. Wow this looks amazing, what is the best warframe to just main and get early on?

rhino is pretty much the first warframe you can get in the game with minimal effort. It is also the best(aside from rhino prime, which is end game). However, just like those that gave me advice when I started. I will recommend leveling up weapons first and casually work towards getting your rhino. Figure out the frame you currently have and get good at using it(figuring out what mods work best for you) and use/level different guns/swords.

rhino is pretty much the first warframe you can get in the game with minimal effort. It is also the best(aside from rhino prime, which is end game). However, just like those that gave me advice when I started. I will recommend leveling up weapons first and casually work towards getting your rhino. Figure out the frame you currently have and get good at using it(figuring out what mods work best for you) and use/level different guns/swords.

I've been looking at videos of Rhino and it looks interesting. Do most people just use Rhino? I was thinking of getting Ash at first

I've been looking at videos of Rhino and it looks interesting. Do most people just use Rhino? I was thinking of getting Ash at first

Go Rhino for sure. Iron Skin makes it so that you cant die and is such a huge help in the beginning when you are trying to figure things out.

I personally hate Rhino, I went straight back to my Mag after getting him to 30.
But most love him.

You're not getting Ash without a Taxi and help early on (or Plat)

Go Rhino for sure. Iron Skin makes it so that you cant die and is such a huge help in the beginning when you are trying to figure things out.

I personally hate Rhino, I went straight back to my Mag after getting him to 30.
But most love him.

You're not getting Ash without a Taxi and help early on (or Plat)

Sorry for not putting this info in early on, I had PS points so I can get plat for any warframe. And I just keep on seeing videos of Rhino and I just don't like it, i never like being the tank in games, but I won't just cross him off.

Sorry for not putting this info in early on, I had PS points so I can get plat for any warframe. And I just keep on seeing videos of Rhino and I just don't like it, i never like being the tank in games, but I won't just cross him off.

If you have the money and can buy anything ember is a really fun frame, it is the main one I play now. It beasts against the infested and they have added a ton of infested missions lately. Nova is really fun as well, if you dont mind being really squishy. Mag is great against corpus but I dont like him against the other factions at all.

manfestival

I love rhino but I think its because its nice not being knocked down and having semi invincibility for X amount of time. I only really use Stomp and Iron Skin. Plus his two D polarities are nice for someone to stack shield and shieldregen/health. Rhino is the easiest to get. Ash requires looking for yellow taxi. Plenty of taxi drivers on GAF though.

Like the guy above me said, Ember is a ton of fun. Basically ... cast ult -> run around -> profit

Appreciate the help GAF have been giving me. So I will try to get Rhino but right now I have enough plat for Ash or Nova or anything else. Which one should I get for this moment?

Appreciate the help GAF have been giving me. So I will try to get Rhino but right now I have enough plat for Ash or Nova or anything else. Which one should I get for this moment?

If really depends on how you want to play, nova is probably the most versatile, ember is a lot of fun but more limited since fire isnt as good against the non-infested.

Don't spend plat on frames. Just. Don't.

Potatoes, slots and (non-helmet) cosmetics are what platinum is for.

If you insist on wasting your money, I'd be happy to taxi you to the boss that drops it, run him 'till you get the parts, and help you farm up the resources for half of the cost :p

Hoodbury

Just downloaded the game. Wow this looks amazing, what is the best warframe to just main and get early on?

Like others have said, use plat for buying weapon slots and warframe slots, not the actual items themselves. You can get them easily enough just playing the game. Slots can only be bought with plat and you'll run out of weapon slots fast.

When you're first starting out, you are basically in a race to increase your Mastery Rank up to Rank 6 ASAP, in order to obtain the real weapons starting with the Soma.

Given that Mastery Rank is increased by leveling different weapons/frames it doesn't make sense to 'main' much of anything until you hit that point.

As far as starting strategies, beeline to Venus boss and farm up Rhino. Even if tanks aren't your thing, early on you're going to have to solo nodes as you unlock more of the system and Rhino is invaluable for this.

For weapons, the (full not Mk1) Braton and Burston are solid options right out of the gate, the Boltor is an excellent rifle available at MR 2. For secondaries, the Magnus and Vasto are excellent weapons available out of the gate but do have some harder resource requirements (Orokin Cells and neurodes respectively).

Anyone play this with the PlayStation Gold headset? Since the update I can't hear anyone and I assume nobody can hear me. I see my squad's voice icon light up but nothing. I think it was caused by the newest update because I could hear them before.

manfestival

Anyone play this with the PlayStation Gold headset? Since the update I can't hear anyone and I assume nobody can hear me. I see my squad's voice icon light up but nothing. I think it was caused by the newest update because I could hear them before.

Its definitely the game. I have had much more problems with mic since the update and usually doing a party chat with GAF members fixes that

Hoodbury

If you play during US evening times I could run some Rhino boss runs with you tonight. I just got all new weapons so I'm just doing some lower planet stuff to level them up.

I get on around 7:30 or 8 pm Central time.

Ocelott

Don't spend plat on frames. Just. Don't.

Potatoes, slots and (non-helmet) cosmetics are what platinum is for.

If you insist on wasting your money, I'd be happy to taxi you to the boss that drops it, run him 'till you get the parts, and help you farm up the resources for half of the cost :p

Mook help me get Orthus Prime then :D

Vorheez

Yeah I'd be willing to run void missions all night with whoever, I was actually doing that myself yesterday. Trying to get as much prime stuff as I can.

VariantX

Can you add me to the clan? Just finished with school for the semester and I have a lot more free time lately. I'm usually free to play between 5-9 PM EST most days.

Top Bottom