• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Not sure who would be the glass cannon of the bunch exactly, but you can look at the different warframes here.

And I dunno how you could choose another Warframe. Might possibly have to delete the game data or something. Not the game itself but your save. I didn't know we were stuck with whichever one, but I've been doing okay with Excalibur.

Platinum can only be bought with real money. Credits are the only currency that you earn in the game. Most things can be obtained without spending real money, it just takes longer. But def not enough that it should make you want to spend real money.

Excellent ... So i need to power through the missions/planets and find blueprints - then get all the stuff together and make em? hmm..

Respawn

Banned
Loving this game so much and yes I supported the devs with my hard earned cash. Didn't think I would really enjoy it but boy was I wrong. Necro baby.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So I thought the market was just for freemium purchases but you can buy with credits too.

Just got a rifle upgrade... too bad it's level 1 lol.

Killer

Banned
I downloaded the game but every time i try to play it, it starts to download some patch then it tells me that i can't download some content and i must try later. It has been like that for a couple of days.

On Ps4. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Korten

Banned
DE gotta get impatient people to throw down money for platinum somehow. lol. Dat Rush option.

Is it really impatient though? I mean there is no reason for it to be 72 hours other than getting platinum for those who don't want to wait. I love the game but it's the only part that smells there for the sake of getting money from users.

Lucent

Is it really impatient though? I mean there is no reason for it to be 72 hours other than getting platinum for those who don't want to wait. I love the game but it's the only part that smells there for the sake of getting money from users.

I know but I mean how else are they gonna get people to throw money out there? If it was ready in 12 hours nobody would use the Rush "feature". Not saying that what they're doing is right. But so far seems like it's the best f2p structure I've seen.

desverger

Just a warning for you PC players out there.. when doing a defense mission and you see a reward you REALLY want come up, DON'T start to type anything to chat. There is some weird key combo that will switch you from Claim to Battle, and you'll lose out on your reward that most likely has a 2% chance to come up.

This happened to me, I lost out on Focus cos I was typing my victory cheer in the chat lol. When you see a reward come up, just click Claim and take your hands off your keyboard :p

edit: It's the A key for Claim and D for Battle, this DOES work in chat so beware.

EL Beefo

I just put some materials towards the first chem lab research. The only thing I didn't have were 15 mutagen samples, and looking at the wiki we can only get them from the orikin derilics. So that should be fun.

Killer

Banned
I have bad internet so I let a friend borrow my PS4 and do the dl for me. It's weird, the dl wouldn't work for me but I was able to play online with people.

I have a good internet connection so I doubt it's that. I redownloaded for the third time now. Hope it works.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Allright, this game is almost Dark Souls-like in it's obfuscation of game mechanics.

Turns out you can also use those fusion cores to level up mods. This makes things much easier! My rifle is now sporting a 40% rapid fire mod and maxed pull on my mag.

Much nicer, much nicer. Still I need levels on the rifle damnit.

Lucent

Allright, this game is almost Dark Souls-like in it's obfuscation of game mechanics.

Turns out you can also use those fusion cores to level up mods. This makes things much easier! My rifle is now sporting a 40% rapid fire mod and maxed pull on my mag.

Yeah I discovered this on my own, too. You can see the white bars on the left of the mods show how far you can take it, too. I threw a 120% vitality mod on myself lol. Still wasn't but maybe halfway up the bars. I grab every material and mod I can find. Some people just run right past them and I'm like whatever I gotta get my stuff. Never know when you'll need it.

Basically trying to at least open all planets so I can get all the materials I need.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yeah I discovered this on my own, too. You can see the white bars on the left of the mods show how far you can take it, too. I threw a 120% vitality mod on myself lol. Still wasn't but maybe halfway up the bars. I grab every material and mod I can find. Some people just run right past them and I'm like whatever I gotta get my stuff. Never know when you'll need it.

Basically trying to at least open all planets so I can get all the materials I need.

Am doing that too, just opened Mars.

Earth boss was a riot, it was 3 of us and we all ran out of ammo, ended up going at him melee + chain reviviing for the last third of his life haha. And of course, extract wiithout ammo.... one of us didn't make it.

desverger

Also, what might not be obvious as well is that you can level up (fusion) the skills (skill mods) in your frame, and this is something you should be doing in the start because leveling up the skills gives you biggest gains in power as opposed to weapon mods.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Whoa, over the weekend did a couple of missions and the loot started piling up. Drops everywhere. I guess defend missions are where it's at for farming items?

Also chain revives to get to extraction is a blast. Heart in your throat the whole time, chatting away and keep everyone informed of the status and what we saw as we were running for our lives.

ypo

Is the planet/ mission navigation broken? Every time I choose a planet then hit directional key to select the missions I immediately get brought back to the first? planet and have to navigate all the way back to the planet I wanted to enter.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is the planet/ mission navigation broken? Every time I choose a planet then hit directional key to select the missions I immediately get brought back to the first? planet and have to navigate all the way back to the planet I wanted to enter.
Yup, it is.

Sykotik

Stalker attacked me and Helscream during a defense mission last night. We (he) managed to kill him.. and he dropped a blueprint for Dread!

He kept pulling the random we had in our group into a pit. I had a laugh.

Xevren

It is so annoying.

Gaz_RB

Isn't the whole game made to try to get money from people? How else will they support the game? Isn't that the point?

I'm just glad they don't have any energy system where you can only do like five missions a day unless you buy more energy.

Warframe's F2P system is quite benign.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is it just me, or is this game a bit janky on the PS4? I've only played the tutorial and one other mission so far, but man, there was some serious stuttering going on.

Ketch

I play with a guy who uses Trinity. We can almost go the whole game without taking any damage.

Yep one of my main frames is trinity.... And while you won't be clearing out whole rooms of dudes with one explosion, you can basically make it so no one on your team (regardless of distance) takes any damage ever. Also, her number 3 skill reflects damage so I still top the damage charts at times aswell. Seriously one of the best frames in the game.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Is it just me, or is this game a bit janky on the PS4? I've only played the tutorial and one other mission so far, but man, there was some serious stuttering going on.

This game is a broken mess. Its laggy, janky and I can't even play with my friends.

Game has a lot of potential but needs a patch asap.

Gaz_RB

Yep one of my main frames is trinity.... And while you won't be clearing out whole rooms of dudes with one explosion, you can basically make it so no one on your team (regardless of distance) takes any damage ever. Also, her number 3 skill reflects damage so I still top the damage charts at times aswell. Seriously one of the best frames in the game.

I just made Trinity. Guess I should level her up!

Lucent

So glad she's in the process of being made then. I should be able to play with her in a couple of days. First new Warframe I'll have. I like doing support roles.

Con_Smith

Banned
Even with all the jank and random issues I still love this game more than any other I picked up at launch (besides maybe AssCreed.)

I know it was a PC game first and maybe that's why game jurnos didn't give it much love but I think out of any of the next gen systems this is what's gonna have the legs to carry the system through the few month drought were gonna be experiencing. Can't complain about their f2p model either as I'm still learning things everytime I play and making my mag frame a crowd controlling head bursting badass while I anticipate my Rhino isn't too bad.

Question to the more experienced guys here, after I get my Rhino and open up more planets for farming should I go saryn or valkyr next? I like how both are pretty good stats wise and cater to my playstyle (aiding allies while also damaging foes). I'm leaning towards Val for her look and group buffs, but Saryns abilities look a little more useful for damage over time.

Really digging this game!

Would love to join the GAF clan if there's room - think I'm gonna splurge on some platinum to support the developer, so I'd be happy to contribute some resources to the clan stuff as well.

If anyone is interested in teaming up, let me know, PSN Das_Mookid

Con_Smith

Banned
Really digging this game!

Would love to join the GAF clan if there's room - think I'm gonna splurge on some platinum to support the developer, so I'd be happy to contribute some resources to the clan stuff as well.

If anyone is interested in teaming up, let me know, PSN Das_Mookid

Sent you a friend request, will hop on the game once my roommate stops playing Madden.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm keen to join a GAF Clan if there's space, and I'll also accept any GAF friend requests.

PSN ID: KurtNiisan
Warframe: Excalibur Lvl 14
Weapons: Braton, Aklato, Cronus

Currently up to the Eurasia mission.

Pop

This game is a broken mess. Its laggy, janky and I can't even play with my friends.

Game has a lot of potential but needs a patch asap.

The game is still in beta.

I'm having a blast playing Warframe. By far my most played game on Ps4 and rightfully so. Man does Rhino know how to pack a punch.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I've been enjoying this so far, playing on and off although i'm mostly learning as I go on lol.. Gonna hit up the wiki

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to do the same. I didn't know what the hell was going on when I tried the game earlier, you just get thrown in without anything really being explained to you. The tutorial is basically "this button shoots and this one swings the sword", and then you're on your own.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Pardon the question from a n00b, but is it worth upgrading a Warframe's special abilities? I can understand using Fusion on the weapon mods because you see right off the bat what the increases are, but you don't with the Warframe attacks/abilities. Do they increase damage/duration time with upgrades?

Atlas157

Pardon the question from a n00b, but is it worth upgrading a Warframe's special abilities? I can understand using Fusion on the weapon mods because you see right off the bat what the increases are, but you don't with the Warframe attacks/abilities. Do they increase damage/duration time with upgrades?

Their damage, duration, and range increases.

My Excalibur's Slash-Dash move goes for miles and miles now that I've upgraded it.

Its actually gotten me "killed" a few times as I'd slash-dash right over and into some bottomless pit. Occupational hazard, really.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Thank you for the clarification! Maybe I'll put more Fusion mods into my Javelin ability for the Excalibur then! :D

My Excalibur's Slash-Dash move goes for miles and miles now that I've upgraded it.

Its actually gotten me "killed" a few times as I'd slash-dash right over and into some bottomless pit. Occupational hazard, really.
I've had issues with the Slash-Dash as well when I end up in a corner with giant mobs coming after me. I've been using more of the Radial Javelin since it absolutely murders groups.

Gaz_RB

Thank you for the clarification! Maybe I'll put more Fusion mods into my Javelin ability for the Excalibur then! :D

I've had issues with the Slash-Dash as well when I end up in a corner with giant mobs coming after me. I've been using more of the Radial Javelin since it absolutely murders groups.

As NullPointer already said, Slash Dash!

I hardly ever use Radial Javelin since I got good with Slash Dash, that is what makes Excalibur so great to me. Javelin just seems to only get a couple guys and doesn't usually kill who I want it to.

The trick is to slash dash forward, then turn right back around and slash dash back through the leftovers. Don't just keep going in one direction or you'll get trapped with no energy left. It does major damage, and is all around pretty great. I find myself missing it a lot since I started with Trinity. Upgrade it and you'll be happier for it!

SnakeEyes

Banned
As NullPointer already said, Slash Dash!

I hardly ever use Radial Javelin since I got good with Slash Dash, that is what makes Excalibur so great to me. Javelin just seems to only get a couple guys and doesn't usually kill who I want it to.

The trick is to slash dash forward, then turn right back around and slash dash back through the leftovers. Don't just keep going in one direction or you'll get trapped with no energy left. It does major damage, and is all around pretty great. I find myself missing it a lot since I started with Trinity. Upgrade it and you'll be happier for it!
Well I'll just have to upgrade both then won't I! I have more than one Rare Fusion mod and heaps of the C/UC ones anyway :)

Javelin just seems to only get a couple guys and doesn't usually kill who I want it to.
Yep. Pro-tip: Don't run into the middle of a bunch of tougher enemies and try to pull a miracle radial javelin out of your hat.

Its not an instant room clearing bomb like Resogun.

Its a slow-wind-up, slow-recovery, medium damage attack that most truly dangerous enemies will shrug off, all while shooting you to a bloody pulp while you sit there and slowly animate through the whole thing.

More often than not its trying to pull that move that gets me downed.

Slash-Dash is my get-out-of-jail-free card. Good for attacks, good for escapes. Fast to pull off, fast to recover from and low energy cost so it's easy to chain.

Now super jump, is that thing just completely useless or what?

Oh hell yes. That and slash-dashing through a nice line of pulled bad guys that somehow survived the attack. Instant enemy slurry.

BPoole

Yep. Pro-tip: Don't run into the middle of a bunch of tougher enemies and try to pull a miracle radial javelin out of your hat.

Its not an instant room clearing bomb like Resogun.

Its a slow-wind-up, slow-recovery, medium damage attack that most truly dangerous enemies will shrug off, all while shooting you to a bloody pulp while you sit there and slowly animate through the whole thing.

More often than not its trying to pull that move that gets me downed.

Slash-Dash is my get-out-of-jail-free card. Good for attacks, good for escapes. Fast to pull off, fast to recover from and low energy cost so it's easy to chain.

Now super jump, is that thing just completely useless or what?

Oh hell yes. That and slash-dashing through a nice line of pulled bad guys that somehow survived the attack. Instant enemy slurry.
If you upgrade Super Jump and have a Focus mod on Excal it really comes in handy for traversal. It's definitely not a must have ability like Slash Dash, but its fun to use. If you get the mod Heavy Impact (works with all frames), you can use Super Jump to get high enough to come down and put out a shockwave that can kill most weaker enemies and will knock down anyone else it doesn't kill. For maximum effectiness, get about 50 feet away from a group of enemies, do a super jump, at the peak of your jump, do a slash down and you'll come slashing down on all the enemies as well as putting out a shockwave when you hit the ground.

Since the surviving enemies will be knocked down, put your reticle at them and melee to do your finishing melee attack that guarantees a critical hit. That a good way of crowd control/looking like a bad ass with Excal

Ok guys, I sort of have an idea of what to do.. level up etc, when you complete boss missions you get a crafting piece.. sort of monster hunter like...you use these and blueprints to build more frames..

Can you grind to get more frame slots without using platinum?

Top Bottom