• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

So played through first two areas, Mercury and Venus I believe, and got past two first bosses and cleared it all, I kinda feel weak as crap now, should I just be constantly grinding on the older planets instead of moving on? I really want to get new stuff since its getting boring using the same 3 weapons over and over again so much, it's going to be hella grindy this game eh?

There are a few good weapons you can buy for credits that freshen things up, but yeah, it seems a bit boring till you start getting some solid mods and such.

molnizzle

Finished baking my Nova last night. I imagine it gets powerful. Right now I feel like I have to spam Nova Star all the time to keep it up. Also. Molecule Prime throws me off. You hit it and then hen you kill an enemy it starts a chain reaction. pretty neat but it goes against my feeling that my super power should immediately save my ass. Will have to get used to it some more.

Molecular Prime is amazing mostly because of the debuff, at least at high levels. 200% damage from all party members is just asinine. It's arguably a requirement to have a Nova in the group in order to get super far in Survival or Endless Defense!

oktarb

Molecular Prime is amazing mostly because of the debuff, at least at high levels. 200% damage from all party members is just asinine. It's arguably a requirement to have a Nova in the group in order to get super far in Survival or Endless Defense!

Ahh I missed that 200% from all party members aspect. Ya that is nice. Didn't notice it in my trial runs as everything just dies so quickly. I guess I'll let the Pink Lady of Death continue her path of leveling.

Armaros

Ahh I missed that 200% from all party members aspect. Ya that is nice. Didn't notice it in my trial runs as everything just dies so quickly. I guess I'll let the Pink Lady of Death continue her path of leveling.

Late game M-Prime is your debuff for extra damage and slow. And with a good weapon (and teammates that know what to do) Antimatter Drop is your main nuke, its the only nuke that really scales, since it is based on the damage the orb takes while it travels.

With M-Prime, Antimatter Drop can easily hit 6 digits in damage.

Goon Boon

Banned
Maybe you should play the game on PS4 before spouting off a load of bullshit. That's how much Energy Siphon has been going for here. Maybe it shouldn't be that expensive and maybe it won't be in the future, but it is right now. Our market is newer and Energy Siphon has only been up on Alert like 3 times so far. Thanks for the worthless post though!

Just bought one for 8 plat and another for 12 plat. I don't even need them, I just don't like people spouting bullshit like you.

Thanks for making people waste 90 plat!

molnizzle

Just bought one for 8 plat and another for 12 plat. I don't even need them, I just don't like people spouting bullshit like you.

Dude, prices are higher on PS4. Your PC prices are completely irrelevant here. It's really dumb how high the prices are but it is what it is right now. People selling shit like Rage and Quick Thinking for 100p+ apiece and maxed Serration for 300p+. Those are the going prices right now on PS4.

Goon Boon

Banned
Dude, prices are higher on PS4. Your PC prices are completely irrelevant here. It's really dumb how high the prices are but it is what it is right now. People selling shit like Rage and Quick Thinking for 100p+ apiece and maxed Serration for 300p+. Those are the going prices right now on PS4.

I AM using my PS4 Warframe. I know that the prices are out of whack right now compared to PC, but it's hardly impossible to find adequately priced mods.

Enzon

Hey, i'm new to this game, can someone add me to the gaf clan? :D

PSN: viral_storm

Also, to make Volt you're supposed to just find the parts of the warframe in the game or you have to make them too?

Hey, i'm new to this game, can someone add me to the gaf clan? :D

PSN: viral_storm

Also, to make Volt you're supposed to just find the parts of the warframe in the game or you have to make them too?

you get 3 blueprints.. chassis, systems and helmet.. build each of them.. then buy the warframe blueprint from the market and then build your warframe

Hey, I'm currently playing as Loki and have gotten to the point that I want to purchase/build a new primary weapon and sword. Is there anything in particular you guys suggest going for?

Currently at Earth(E-Prime) and I am just getting slaughtered as I pursue the target xO.

SnakeEyes

Banned

It's a Sellers market considering how new Trading is to the PS4 (and the PS4 version in general) and the ones you got for those prices are DEFINITELY not the norm. I'm with Mol on this one, Energy Siphon's normal going rate is in the vicinity of 100P each. Maybe in 2-3 months that'll change, depending on how often it is offered in Alerts, but as for right now it is what it is. If you actually managed to get them for the prices you say you did, then you got a very good deal.

casmith07

Can't wait to get home and get back into this. Been on vacation at my parents house for two weeks and while I did have the PS4 hooked up for a little while, it just got too hard to keep it hooked up with the way they have TV's mounted here (and as family members arrived for Christmas my sleeping arrangements kept getting shuffled).

Goon Boon

Banned
It's a Sellers market considering how new Trading is to the PS4 (and the PS4 version in general) and the ones you got for those prices are DEFINITELY not the norm. I'm with Mol on this one, Energy Siphon's normal going rate is in the vicinity of 100P each. Maybe in 2-3 months that'll change, depending on how often it is offered in Alerts, but as for right now it is what it is. If you actually managed to get them for the prices you say you did, then you got a very good deal.

Oh, then I guess I just got lucky :/

My bad on the mod prices, but the forma thing is still an issue.

molnizzle

Oh, then I guess I just got lucky :/

My bad on the mod prices, but the forma thing is still an issue.

No one has been telling people to use Forma for nonsense (or buy it with platinum) in this thread, at least not for the past few weeks. Not sure where you're getting that from. Forma blueprints are extremely easy to come by in T2 Survival.

Hmmm I have quick thinking but don't use it. I guess it could be worthwhile paired up with Energy Siphon, however the mods I have equipped I wouldn't want to swap out for Quick thinking...

On another note, anyone got any spare Aura mods to trade? I've got like 600 mods atm so I'm sure there should be a few things I could swap in return!

molnizzle

Hmmm I have quick thinking but don't use it. I guess it could be worthwhile paired up with Energy Siphon, however the mods I have equipped I wouldn't want to swap out for Quick thinking...

On another note, anyone got any spare Aura mods to trade? I've got like 600 mods atm so I'm sure there should be a few things I could swap in return!

Quick Thinking was really only good when paired with Rage, but that combo has been nerfed (or will be soon, not sure if that made it into PS4's U11 build or not). It's still pretty good, just not as godlike as it was before.

Also there are some auras on the list I posted earlier, just lemme know if you want anything.

Also there are some auras on the list I posted earlier, just lemme know if you want anything.

Physique or pistol aura would be awesome! Really just looking to get the extra mod points for my other slots as I've decided to forma up my ember prime. Gonna make her a WoF killing machine :D

Been looking at the maximisation info and I see that sometimes increasing say power strength has negative effects on say power efficiency. Would these negative effects only take place when a mod with the negative effect on it is used? For example if I used a Streamline mod and maxed it out, there would be no negative effect from it?

molnizzle

Been looking at the maximisation info and I see that sometimes increasing say power strength has negative effects on say power efficiency. Would these negative effects only take place when a mod with the negative effect on it is used? For example if I used a Streamline mod and maxed it out, there would be no negative effect from it?

Yeah, the "maximized" builds include the Corrupted mods. All of those have one positive affix and one negative. Depending on the ability in question the negative effects might not matter though. That's what makes the different builds you can make so interesting.

Armaros

Yeah, the "maximized" builds include the Corrupted mods. All of those have one positive affix and one negative. Depending on the ability in question the negative effects might not matter though. That's what makes the different builds you can make so interesting.

Some builds actually want the negative, I know Frost's that take the reduced AoE Mod to make Snow Globe perfectly fit on top of the cryopod, good against the infested, so you slow them if they get too close to the pod without hampering ranged combat top much.

The normal or increased snow glob isn't suitable for infested endless defense.

MoonGred

Is it me or does it take ages to get the rhino system blueprint to drop, so far I've got about 5 chassis and 6 helmets, but still no systems =(

SnakeEyes

Banned
Is it me or does it take ages to get the rhino system blueprint to drop, so far I've got about 5 chassis and 6 helmets, but still no systems =(
Spare a thought for FUME and I, who have been waiting ever so patiently for the Frost Prime Systems blueprint to drop. Rhino is a walk in the park by comparison...

EL Beefo

It's all luck. I got all three Nova parts in four runs, but it took me over 20 runs to get the parts for Volt.

Carcetti

Spare a thought for FUME and I, who have been waiting ever so patiently for the Frost Prime Systems blueprint to drop. Rhino is a walk in the park by comparison...

It took me almost a week of doing Rhino every night to get the last part. Today I got to Ceres and got Frost parts on 3 runs. Dat rng :s

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
No one has been telling people to use Forma for nonsense (or buy it with platinum) in this thread, at least not for the past few weeks. Not sure where you're getting that from. Forma blueprints are extremely easy to come by in T2 Survival.

They require rare components tho, including those buggering neural sensors.

My forma production line has been stalled for days due to the lack of them.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm thinking that it might be time to start farming Mob Def for the Boar Prime, Sicarus Prime, and Reaper Prime parts. Anyone want in?

molnizzle

I wake up at 3am to run an alert when I have work in a few hours.

JOWzugF.jpg

How do you wallrun and aim/shoot with the dualshock? You need the right thumb holding x button to wallrun, but you also need to use the right analog stick to aim, but if you let go of the x button you fly off the wall...?

How do you wallrun and aim/shoot with the dualshock? You need the right thumb holding x button to wallrun, but you also need to use the right analog stick to aim, but if you let go of the x button you fly off the wall...?

Yeah it's a wee bit tricky. The wiki also says I can initiate Rhinos Iron Skin during a wallrun, but I'd probably pull a finger muscle or something.

We have a few high rank people here. I'd like to know how you guys did the wallrun test where you have to wallrun while aiming and shooting.

molnizzle

Disable "Hold Jump to Wall Run" in options. You'll now simply tap X again when you hit a wall and you'll be able to move the camera around while you run along it. It makes the parkour stuff in the game much simpler and more fun. You can effortlessly jump from wall to wall just like the videos you see of people playing on PC. Try it out in the clan dojo and prepare to have your mind blown.

Yet another stupid default option that should be flipped off by default. Did anyone at DE even test this game using a controller?

FUME5

Disable "Hold Jump to Wall Run" in options. You'll now simple tap X again when you hit a wall and be able to move the camera around while you run. It makes the parkour stuff in the game much simpler and more fun.

Yet another stupid default option that should be flipped off by default. Did anyone at DE even play this game using a controller?

How did I not figure this out myself...

Top Bottom