• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning GAF Guild

Whats the deal with a beta center account and a regular account? I have the beta center one, but when I try to register for a regualr account any code I put in is invalid.

Atrophis

Won said:
Well it depends....do you have an US version?

This whole thing at the moment is a big "sorry" from Mythic after they revealed that normal preorders later this month will also get into the open beta. So they invite CE owners into the closed beta, before the open beta even starts.

In Europe GOA is in charge and they had absolute no idea what Mythic had planned and is not prepared to invite the large number of CE owners.

Bah this is the only thing that worries me about WAR. Why cant Mythic run the damn game in Europe as well instead of the piss poor GOA.

No closed beta for me i guess.

Vinci

Danish
Here's the thing: I only got a regular preorder, no CE for me sadly - but in my beta application account, I included the Open Beta code that I got with the purchase. The next afternoon, I got the email.

Now I can't definitively say that it's what caused me to get in as fast as I did, but I thought the timing was a bit interesting. So yes, I think even a regular preorder code attached to your beta application can sway the chance of being selected your way for the CB.

As for the Beta Account / Mythic Account nonsense: I believe it recognizes it as the same, at least in my case. Used the same email, the same everything, as my account had on it from my DAoC days.

nataku

CcrooK said:
Those of you who are in CB, prepare for a fantastic update/upgrade later this week when the servers are back up. I kid you not. You should already have that patch downloaded. :D

How do you know this?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ok, so which Beta Server do i choose guys? The client will be working for me tonight. I want to play with you.

Vinci

Danish
My download should finish either tonight or very early tomorrow, so yes, please post what server you're playing on.

Wait. Which is infinity playing on?

godhandiscen

Where do I find my login and my password?

edit: nvm, figured it out.

Well, the client is patching and I am going out. I will play tonight for if my friends don't want to play Halo, else we'll all start tomorrow.

BTW the first patch is 764MB but its downloading really fast in my connection, I assume 30 mins. But yeah, don't chant victory yet right after you download the client.

Vinci said:
My download should finish either tonight or very early tomorrow, so yes, please post what server you're playing on.

Wait. Which is infinity playing on?

I'm on Warpstone. I believe it's the only one regularly accessible right now, but I'd recommend playing on it anyway because it sees the most frantic RvR (I've seen 100 vs 100's spring up randomly) I'm going to try to be on tonight, but can't guarantee anything till Open Beta at which point I will probably stop logging off for a month or so

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
StormyTheRabbit said:
I hope most of you realize that if your in the CE Open Beta, you can't play yet.

What?

BTW the first patch is 764MB but its downloading really fast in my connection, I assume 30 mins. But yeah, don't chant victory yet right after you download the client.

well damn!

winnarps

I'm kind of confused. I heard the open beta starts Friday? And that if you pre-order a regular copy, you can get in then.

Any truth to this? And if so, where should I pre-order from?

Vinci

Danish
My fiancee has unfortunately decided to download some other stuff at the same time, so my brisk download of the client is now trudging along at a snail's pace. Perhaps late tomorrow then. =(

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Vinci said:
My fiancee has unfortunately decided to download some other stuff at the same time, so my brisk download of the client is now trudging along at a snail's pace. Perhaps late tomorrow then. =(

For some damn reason I am going eternally show at 40kbps! Oh man, barely have 5 gig download since yesterday.

Vinci

Danish
Elbrain said:
For some damn reason I am going eternally show at 40kbps! Oh man, barely have 5 gig download since yesterday.

That's about what I'm sitting at now. Was pulling in excess of 100kbps before she decided to download, like, four different things at the same time.

godhandiscen

Relax guys, I cannot log in the game yet. I tried all servers. Not one of them works.

Vinci

Danish
godhandiscen said:
Relax guys, I cannot log in the game yet. I tried all servers. Not one of them works.

That doesn't make me feel better. I'd much rather people who could play the game actually getting the chance to. Besides, it'd give me some hope that the servers would be up and running by the time the downloads finished. ;)

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Haven't the servers been down off and on since Sunday?

One friend of mine that is already in the CB from an email invite awhile ago claimed the server s have been down. By the time my CE buddies got an invite the servers still haven't gotten up yet.

If I am not mistaken the OB is this Friday?

nataku

Those of you who preordered your CE from Gamestop (in store), does your receipt actually say that it is the CE, or does it just say Warhammer Online?

Mine only says Warhammer Online, but I called to ask to make sure and they said I do have the CE prordered.

The reason I ask is because I went to pick up my CE codes but they gave me the SE codes instead. Now I need to go back up there or call around trying to find if anyone has any CE codes left.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
The CEs are all gone in the EB/Gamestops around here. They removed them from their database even as a list of options for pre-order. If they messed it up I'd raise hell about it, that depends on how much you really want it of course.

Vinci

Danish
kozmo7 said:
The CEs are all gone in the EB/Gamestops around here. They removed them from their database even as a list of options for pre-order. If they messed it up I'd raise hell about it, that depends on how much you really want it of course.

As would I. The same situation around here - no CEs available in their system. Which blows 'cause I truly wanted one and would've happily grabbed it if it'd been more available. Any word on why Mythic or EB/Gamestops stopped listing them? 'If it sells, let it sell' should be the most obvious business strategy in existence.

nataku

Well, unless the guy lied to me when I called and asked a while ago, I did get the CE preorder. It's just I don't have the CE preorder card that was supposed to come with it, only the SE code.

I called just a few minutes ago to a couple stores and they both said they never got any CE codes in, and that the boxed SE preorder bonus was for both the SE and CE, which isn't true. The CE should just be a card with three codes. The SE bonus comes with some trading cards and a card with two codes on it.

Update - 8/13/08 @ 12:50PM EDT

Welcome to Beta...WAR is Here!

The CE/AU Closed Beta Test is now underway and the servers are up and ready...WAAAGH ON!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

EDIT;

Can anyone else connect? I keep getting timed out when trying to connect. And yes, the servers are up. Couple hundred people on right now

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
BAH! My internet fucked up yesterday and went through the tech hoops with the CS people and finally by a miracles chance is back on so I am still stuck on 60%. It's like my ISP new I was getting into the beta and decided to fuck me over! :lol

I wish I could talk more, but with the NDA I can't. Lets just say the quests I've done in the newbie area are already x100000 Times more interesting than the ones in WoW. Can't wait to see more!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
StormyTheRabbit said:
I wish I could talk more, but with the NDA I can't. Lets just say the quests I've done in the newbie area are already x100000 Times more interesting than the ones in WoW. Can't wait to see more!

Screw the pve quests son! Go and kill other people for their blood and the honor of your GOD! :lol

Retrofluxed

Well, since I missed the boat on the CE preordering, and considering I just sold my WoW account for a couple hundred bucks, I just won a CE auction on eBay. I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully, I'll be in the closed beta very soon now!

godhandiscen

Ok, I played for 30 minutes or so, and there are many things I didnt get. I'll play the game tomorrow and see if I enjoy the game. Today it was just a quick touch.

AeroGod

Jesus these download speeds are terrible. I dont have great internet but i cant even get it past 40 kbs. At this rate it will take a full week to download : / What torrent program do yall use, im on utorrent now.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
AeroGod said:
Jesus these download speeds are terrible. I dont have great internet but i cant even get it past 40 kbs. At this rate it will take a full week to download : / What torrent program do yall use, im on utorrent now.

Same here man and I am using vuze.

Vinci

Danish
NarcissisticJay said:
If your in the closed beta, post what server so we can meet up.

Barrak Varr or something like that. I just grabbed one with a moderate population at the time and went for it. Didn't see infinity's server at all. It was quite nice though; I finished the full download and suddenly servers came back online.

Still haven't figured out how to access the Beta forum though. Which is odd. It's probably simple but I'm just not seeing it.

EDIT: I use uTorrent.

godhandiscen

Ok, anybody who has already invested time in a character please post a server.

Vinci

Danish
godhandiscen said:
Ok, anybody who has already invested time in a character please post a server.

infinity seems the most likely to have done that, but his server wasn't up when I went on. I'm perfectly open to creating a new character on his server though given it's up next time I'm playing.

EDIT: The NDA on this thing needs to lapse. I really wanna talk about it.

Vinci

Danish
StormyTheRabbit said:
I'm a level 10 Chosen on Barrak Varr or something, dunno if that is considered investing time though.

Awesome. Level 5 Witch Hunter, on Barrak Varr as well.

AeroGod

I switched over to FlashGet after having trouble with utorrent and started cruising along at about 90kbs average:lol Then stupid ass me opens AIM and it crashed flashget i think and now it going to take another 2 hours probably to get back to max speed. ARG. Im tempted to grab an external HD and lug it over to my friends house and transfer his files, he has been in beta for a month now

If when open beta files go out tomorrow and if they make us redownload the full install for a "new version" I WILL quit this game and Mythic FOREVER

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
AeroGod said:
I switched over to FlashGet after having trouble with utorrent and started cruising along at about 90kbs average:lol Then stupid ass me opens AIM and it crashed flashget i think and now it going to take another 2 hours probably to get back to max speed. ARG. Im tempted to grab an external HD and lug it over to my friends house and transfer his files, he has been in beta for a month now

If when open beta files go out tomorrow and if they make us redownload the full install for a "new version" I WILL quit this game and Mythic FOREVER

Yeah this download is really pissing me off! OFF!

Knox

Went ahead a rolled a Shaman on Barrak Varr. Name is Kobid, but I might try some other classes. If we get enough people on we should get some green chat going. :)

Vinci

Danish
Knox said:
Went ahead a rolled a Shaman on Barrak Varr. Name is Kobid, but I might try some other classes. If we get enough people on we should get some green chat going. :)

I'll be on later. Make a Greenskin to hang out with you if you're still on.

Top Bottom