• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Aalyx

Wow that Europe spreadsheet thing is really clever :D

Cool that we have enough for a full squad already and there are still more to add :D

Would be sweet if we could compile all the spreadsheets to different worksheets so you can flick through the different clans at a glance :)

djkimothy

Whoa whoa...

I want in on the gaf clan. I'll get the game probably in September since I'll be away for the rest of August. But please include me on the list!

GAF:djkimothy
PSN:djkimothy
East coast.

jjasper

Guileless said:
Great first post dralla. Without wading through 500 posts, what's the deal on the clan?

We have too many people for 1 clan (which is set to 64 I think) so people are deciding the best way to split people up. Seems that timezones and east/west is the route we are taking.

If Safe Bet is heading the West Coast Clan I volunteer for the East Coast Clan Leader unless there are any objections or someone else who wishes to take the post. For those who don't know me, I have been the Head/Assistant for the Otakon Game Room for the past 10 years. I was also their Second Chief of Security for a year as well as their Comptroller for another. Needless to say, I'm a responsible guy.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Timezone split makes sense. Wow I guess a lot of people are getting this game.

GAF-PSN-TIMEZONE-Specific Location

Guileless-GuileTreehorn-Central-Miss.

Prefer east over west, I usually don't stay up very late.

Steroyd

You'd think GAF could financially support Wowhawk by ourselves at this rate.

Who's big idea at Incognito was it to have a max clan limit 64. :lol

Steroyd said:
You'd think GAF could financially support Wowhawk by ourselves at this rate.

Who's big idea at Incognito was it to have a max clan limit 64. :lol

I have a feeling that one of the first patches will allow for larger clans. Wollan is probably right on the money with his prediction of an UberGAF clan at some point in the future though.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Oh we are doing it by timezone now?

Edit:..oh...like this...
GAF-PSN-TIMEZONE-Specific Location

[CFD] El Capitan-Evazan-PST-Nevada

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Yixian said:
The whole GAF/GAF2 thing might be irrelevant if they increase the maximum member limit.
They'd literally have to increase the clan limit to 300-400 for it to be irrelevant for GAF, if my experience managing the Resistance clan is anything to go by. There's already a lot of interest in this game, and I think it has the ability to have staying power like Resistance, so I'd expect GAF clan ranks to expand steadily over time. Splitting off into timezones/regions is probably the best approach to take.

For those who have not specified what timezone you are in please go back and edit your posts. I am going to go through the thread today and make a new spreadsheet for East Coast folks.

jjasper

UnholySpectacle said:
I have a feeling that one of the first patches will allow for larger clans. Wollan is probably right on the money with his prediction of an UberGAF clan at some point in the future though.

I actually like the idea of the Gaf wars though. Multiple clans with set people competing against each other.

klee123

Okay, got the retail version preordered:

I'm from Brisbane, Australia, but I can play in the US servers.

GAF: klee123
PSN ID: klee1234

dralla

ok I put up the banners for all the weapons but I noticed there is no proximity mines on the official website. I know they're in the game though, where are they :[

anyway, gaf clan - EST, psn = DirtyWorm, NEW YORK

Ragnarok10

It might be easier, now that everyone's information is scattered throughout this thread, to designate a person in charge of creating each clan region's spreadsheet. Everyone interested in a particular clan region could then just PM the person designated.

EDIT: BTW, have the devs mentioned what improvements they've made since the beta?

calder

GAF--PSN--TIMEZONE--Specific Location

calder -- caldermuyo -- CDT -- Manitoba, Canada

Last I saw I was a part of GAF1, and while I'm Central time I would have a slight preference to a west-coast time zone rather than east. Central time is ideal obviously.

Wow, we almost could have a GAF Canada clan couldn't we. ;) We'd be spread out a bit on the time zones though.

gcubed

it amazes me the amount of anticipation for this game. Back when they announced MP only everyone was bitching up a storm. Looks like they made the right decision if it meant that they had more time to polish up the MP and make it what it is today

gbovo

gcubed said:
it amazes me the amount of anticipation for this game. Back when they announced MP only everyone was bitching up a storm. Looks like they made the right decision if it meant that they had more time to polish up the MP and make it what it is today
a beta can work wonders for a game's appeal.

kanugo

gbovo said:
a beta can work wonders for a game's appeal.
And now, imagine all that appeal without constant lock ups. I really want to try the game without have to reboot my PlayStation 3 every 3 minutes. It will be fun. I BELIEVE.

gcubed

kanugo said:
And now, imagine all that appeal without constant lock ups. I really want to try the game without have to reboot my PlayStation 3 every 3 minutes. It will be fun. I BELIEVE.

thats what stuck with me. For the amount of time i was rebooting my ps3 and starting up the game, playing for 10 minutes, then rebooting the ps3, etc. I found myself happily doing that all night just to play the game as much as i could.

Angelcurio

Put me on the US gaf clan. I have the same timezone as the members of the RFOM clan, even though i dont live in the states.

Dante

Jenovah

I'm soooooooo in. Although I missed the Beta, so I'm gonna suck.

Are they putting in Any kind of training mode?

West Coast

Kittonwy

Banned
I'm east coast.

Indifferent2.gif

I'll wait till more of the GAF1 clan identify their timezone before completing my spreadsheet. Those folks who signed up first will get first dibs on placement in the GAF EAST clan.

Please, those of you who were originally listed in GAF1, designate your timezone so we can set up the different clans.

Thanks.

Firewire

Banned
Dante said:
Jenovah

I'm soooooooo in. Although I missed the Beta, so I'm gonna suck.

I don't think there is a training mode, but the best bet is to read up on the weapons, the Warhawk controls, if its listed anywhere.

I only had a few hours in the beta, and at first it was a bit of a struggle just getting used to the controls, but I soon realized they were pretty easy. Also in my opinion the game can be played two ways.
Those that like to run & gun, don't last long but if its fun for the player they won't care.
Those that develop a strategy with their teamates, and follow it, ground & air. This is the only way to be really sucessful in Team Deathmatch & other modes.

joesmokey

Dante said:
You don't really need one.

All you have to do is create your own server and password lock it so you can fly around by yourself and get familiar with the control scheme.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
I'll wait till more of the GAF1 clan identify their timezone before completing my spreadsheet. Those folks who signed up first will get first dibs on placement in the GAF EAST clan.

Please, those of you who were originally listed in GAF1, designate your timezone so we can set up the different clans.

Thanks.

I think you got mine already but I'm EST. Toronto Canada.
Gaf: Firewire
PSN: Spartan666

UnholySpectacle said:

Thanks.

I posted this already but I will again.

PSN: Proteus4 = EST.
Toronto, Canada

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
joesmokey said:
You don't really need one.

All you have to do is create your own server and password lock it so you can fly around by yourself and get familiar with the control scheme.
Right, and games don't officially start until you get the minimum number of players set for a match. Until then, you play in an explore mode where points don't count. So you could also create your own session, set minimum number of players to something high, password protect and then only tell a few players what the password is, so you stay in explore mode and nothing counts.

Firewire

Banned
kaching said:
Right, and games don't officially start until you get the minimum number of players set for a match. Until then, you play in an explore mode where points don't count. So you could also create your own session, set minimum number of players to something high, password protect and then only tell a few players what the password is, so you stay in explore mode and nothing counts.

Thanx kaching, didn't know we could do that.

Maybe your post should be listed in the OP as well. I assume the question will come up more & more as we hit the release date.

gcubed

UnholySpectacle said:

Thanks.

i think i posted mine earlier... PSN - LordFarquaad (EST)

Top Bottom