• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Trevelyan

Banned
freshair said:
Were you the one in the back of the jeep that got sniped?
No, I make it a point to rarely ride in jeeps cause of their vulnerability. I'm usually in a tank, in a Warhawk, or my favorite, on foot with my knife.

freshair

Trevelyan said:
No, I make it a point to rarely ride in jeeps cause of their vulnerability. I'm usually in a tank, in a Warhawk, or my favorite, on foot with my knife.

Good idea. It was crazy because I was transporting a guy with the flag back to the blue base, when I all of a sudden I see a bullet trail and my passenger was gone! He was sniped from god knows where. :lol That was a shot you only see in movies :D

Trevelyan

Banned
freshair said:
Good idea. It was crazy because I was transporting a guy with the flag back to the blue base, when I all of a sudden I see a bullet trail and my passenger was gone! He was sniped from god knows where. :lol That was a shot you only see in movies :D

Haha. I actually managed to do that in the beta. The map was Fallen Capitol or whatever its called. I was on one of the points where the sniper rifle spawns in between the 2 flak cannons overlooking the stretch where the people always ride through from base to base. Long story short, the driver had the flag and I managed to pick him off clearly without doing any actual damage to the jeep. I was so amazed when I did it. Too bad I suck with the sniper rifle overall and that was a lucky shot, haha.

What on earth is wrong with this game's netcode?

Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Connected! Oh, damn, dogfighting, I'll find another server.
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game

All different servers, this is becoming very tiresome. Guess I'm stuck with Dogfighting.

burnfout

The Passwording servers work great for me, we had a couple of nice games with just GAFfers on the TTP Gafu server.

Anyone who is not an idiot can figure this stuff out.

Bebpo

Banned
I hate how the game gives you a preview that the server is about to go bye bye. I've had several games where suddenly flying through power-ups stop giving them to you! Next thing you know the game disconnects :(

marvelharvey said:
What on earth is wrong with this game's netcode?

Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Connected! Oh, damn, dogfighting, I'll find another server.
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game

All different servers, this is becoming very tiresome. Guess I'm stuck with Dogfighting.

If there are 5 spots left it's full. I think the servers can "hold" spaces.

I go for ones that are like 19 of 32 or something.

But yeah, I know how you feel. Like right now I'd really like to be playing a game but I can't get into a single ranked server so I guess I'm not playing Warhawk tonight.

Bebpo

Banned
They've completely botched the rank situation. They introduce an "achievements" like system with all sorts of fun badges/ribbons you can earn but only 100 people or something in the world can play on servers that record your stats at one time while everyone else doesn't have their stats recorded at all!

Bebpo said:
If there are 5 spots left it's full. I think the servers can "hold" spaces.

I go for ones that are like 19 of 32 or something.

But yeah, I know how you feel. Like right now I'd really like to be playing a game but I can't get into a single ranked server so I guess I'm not playing Warhawk tonight.

I have gotten into a 29/32 server once or twice, but generally, yeah, I think that "nearly full" = "full."

Madman said:
I'll assume you guys mean ranked servers being full, because I can find plenty of unranked servers.

And if you are talking ranked, why don't you just play unranked?

Because I want to rank up? Because I don't want to play with a bunch of idiots who team kill all the time because it counts against them in ranked?

Bebpo

Banned
I want to play rank because I like keeping track of my stats! Every other decent online game does this and lets you know "hey, I improved slightly today!", but Warhawk doesn't register 99% of the games you've played if you just play on whatever is open.

Plus at least right now after not being able to get into any Sony ranked server, when I tried jumping into user games they were all password protected. >_<

It also sucks that almost every 32 player ranked game is dogfighting or CTF/Zones. My favorite mode so far is Team Deathmatch and I'd love to be able to actually play that with 32 people (non-dogfighting) with this game I own....but alas, I can't.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
To those in GAF Warhawk clans, particularly in GAFU, Pleomax was permabanned. Asked me to relay the following......Merovingian is Pleomax brother's account. He's been in Spain to take care of his father because he's lung sick. Everything was fine when Merovingian was posting from Spain and Pleo from Portugal. The only reason they posted from the same PC is because his father was transplanted. So Merovingian asked for some info in this thread for Pleo. Hope this is understood as this is something that he wants to relay to your guys so you understand why he is absent but still aware of clan activity. He will continue to participate in the clan.

CSSer

The Jer said:
Congrats to PlayerBeyond for being in the top 50.

w000t Thanks.

I'd be much higher if the Sony servers tracked my stats for the past 3 days :lol

ah, I'm always missing GAF scrimmages even though I play a lot

LJ11

He had a dupe account. You guys never noticed how Merovingian would always start posting when Pleomax was banned and vice versa?

Madman

narcosis219 said:
Because I want to rank up? Because I don't want to play with a bunch of idiots who team kill all the time because it counts against them in ranked?
I've played dozens of games and have experienced no team killing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Heads up, my server is going online in the next 5 minutes and will probably stay online till 8:00 a.m. PDT.

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS
Ranked
20 people max

Server's Up

dionysus

Yaldog
Killthee said:
Heads up, my server is going online in the next 5 minutes and will probably stay online till 8:00 a.m. PDT.

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS
Ranked
20 people max

Server's Up

If your up can you boot some people?

Well i've finally gotten around to testing this game out. Between work, finishing up Bioshock, and starting Metroid Prime 3 i've been putting it off.

Accepted my clan invite (thanks Safe Bet), customized my controls & characters, and did some light practice rounds by myself to get the hang of things again. I'm now trying out the pro flight controls and i can see why its recommended. But i'm still trying to get the hang of them :lol

Sometime during this long weekend i need to set some time for some serious WOWhawk action.

So many great games, so little time!

the_id

pro controls: screen turns upside down while plane stays level. you can fly upside down basically. awsome but it makes you puke.
normal controls: screen stays normal while plane goes into catrwheels and you can't control most of it. meh...nothing much but at least it doesnt make you puke.

Smokey Bones said:
whats the difference between pro controls and standard

the flight controls use both analog sticks. In the default mode you hit the Right analog stick in a direction and it'll do a canned evasive maneuver. While in pro you have full motion of control with both sticks. This means you can make sharper turns, and more random evasive maneuvers. Although it is trickier because its easy to get disoriented, or make to drastic of moves

lunlunqq

What the FUCK!!! 4 hours of intense games. around 150 kills... none of them were recorded... and i was busted back to recruit!!! what the fuck is this dog shit!!! :mad:

dralla

lunlunqq said:
What the FUCK!!! 4 hours of intense games. around 150 kills... none of them were recorded... and i was busted back to recruit!!! what the fuck is this dog shit!!! :mad:

that just happened to me. exit the game, go back on..my stats were re-recorded. but i should be a rank higher. I have like 2700 points and the bandit badge, but I'm still stuck on Sergeant :[

carlos

I noticed I'm not the only on ein the gaf crew who got bumped in rank for no reason; on the first hours of play, I went from recruit to sargeant!?
I would've figured incog and sony had their shit together by now...

lunlunqq

dralla said:
that just happened to me. exit the game, go back on..my stats were re-recorded. but i should be a rank higher. I have like 2700 points and the bandit badge, but I'm still stuck on Sergeant :[

ah shit! i just login again and found that my stat was back... but none of my past 4 hours of play were counted... shit!!! in one of the game i went 30-4 and obtained quite a few badges that i've never got before... all the work... lost... shit shit shit

God damn it

This shit is totally for the birds.

For a game that was allegedly designed for on-line play Incognito certainly dropped the god damned ball not including rudimentary features for easier clan gaming and quick start. Such a pain in the ass trying to play with my clan.

Find an open server! lol

Find a server that will stay up, not even SCEA servers are stable! lol

Jesus Christ Sony/Incognito.

I just paid $39.99 for these jackasses to kick me in the nuts.

This shit had better be addressed in our first game patch; or this game is getting panned when I get around to reviewing it.

Top Bottom