• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Con

Banned
I think the rocket inflicts more damage if it hits the Warhawk in the rear. Maybe that explains why you get taken down with only one shot?

(My first post on this forum BTW. I've been a stalker for a while though. :) )

tha_con

Banned
Man, I'm hoping they get the server issues sorted out, because the install base this game has already is HUGE.

Imagine the next few months when more friends start playing it, and then buying it!

I LOVE the sniper rifle. It's awesome. There's nothing better than snipe, move, snipe, move, over and over to kill a lot of people.

I generally only get about 10 kills when I'm playing as a foot soldier, but that's 10 kills with maybe 2 deaths.

Sniper Rifle + Rocket Launcher + Bino's = WIN.

the_id

talking about binos....how the fuck do you use them???? hate the damn things because i don't know how to use them. how effective are they?

Xater

the_id said:
talking about binos....how the fuck do you use them???? hate the damn things because i don't know how to use them. how effective are they?

You aim at something with it and then it's gone. Pretty simple actually. :D

the_id

anything that involves a scope i suck at it. in team matches, i'll be the gungho guy going kamikaze. so guys, i'm the man you want to put on the front lines.

SSJChar

the_id said:
aim at whatever you want to explode, then hold down R1 and you'll see the a bar at the top. once its filled then whatever you're looking at will explode. you can't target something clear across the screen though, you still have a range, probably around the same range as a sniper rifle. if you ever see a green laser aiming at you when you're in a turret, get the hell out of it.

spwolf

tha_con said:
Man, I'm hoping they get the server issues sorted out, because the install base this game has already is HUGE.

Imagine the next few months when more friends start playing it, and then buying it!

i am sure they will add more and more servers, plus there will be more private dedicated servers as well...

roxya

Plus, it's still so early. People will naturally stop playing every hour of every day and it'll be easier to get on Sony servers.

I'm just thankful we actually have dedicated servers.

Defuser

Damn you bluetsunami :( How dare you kill me when I'm calling for airstrike. Lucllily I got my revenge by blowing you up with the AA.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
bishoptl said:
Just downloaded it a little while ago. Go easy on me, fellas

Learn how to use the Chaff if you hope to survive in the air. Thats rule #1 for sure.

indie85

Banned
Steroyd said:
People in those missile turrets are damn near invisible, it might of been that, because it's as frustrating as hell when you can't see where you're being shot from.

The only way to 'see' them is to lock on them using the missiles, but then by time you see them they're already fully locked on you, ESPECIALLY in Zone matches.
I think it's some people's revenge from being owned in the sky every 10 seconds by warhawks, thus effectively being shut out from them. I know it is mine :D

Raist

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
Homing missiles take 2 hits to kill a warhawk?

Yup. After being hit by a HM you still have a bit of life. I usually shoot my opponents a bit with the gun before launching one.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Defuser said:
Damn you bluetsunami :( How dare you kill me when I'm calling for airstrike. Lucllily I got my revenge by blowing you up with the AA.

:lol

You've killed me a bunch of times. I'm a total noob to the game but I'm going to put in a good amount of hours today :D

Steroyd

burnfout said:
I love sending a TOW missile towards a missile turret after being shot down by one of them, they never see it coming <3

Screw you and your TOW missiles, how do you see through them?

CTF and Zones are just screaming Clan organisation but the game doesn't let it happen. :'(

methane47

1) If you hit a WarHawk in the cockpit when its flying towards you at full speed that usually is a one hit kill for me. and hits to the back seem to do more damage.

2) Also Hitting a tank on the turrent will do more damage then hitting it at the front..

3) Flame thrower is the most awesome weapon in the game at very close range and at medium range... I usually play defense and when a Warhawk comes near by trying to take advantage of a lone soldier... I just whip out the flamethrower and blast him.. then when he backs off.. BOOM with the rocket launcher...

Oh and landmines are awesome as well

And to the people complaining about stats updating... STOP COMplaining.. the stats update in a couple hours.. we already know the problem ... You dont need to repeat it over and over again in this thread :D

methane47

Defuser said:
I have quite some trouble finding them :|

If you mean finding the landmine pick up then yeah.. there are some maps where I still really dont know where they are..

If you mean finding them before you get blown up by one? then... thats my MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :D

Raist

Banned
Infos on clan members and friends list is totally fucked up.

I saw 3 or 4 people from GAFu playing on the same server, and when I joined nobody was in it <.<

gigapower

Roxas,
It took me about 30 minutes to finally get into a Sony ranked game last night, they'd all come up and say server full even though the browser would say there was an open spot.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Defuser said:
I meant finding some to plant.

Here's a couple of the locations (the red dot [not sure what map variation these mines were in]) off the top of my head.

The Badlands:
5zh8cxs.jpg

I'm not sure if I marked the correct spot, but it's near the triangle shaped bases with a AA turret on each corner. Look toward the cliff on the left side of the bridge, the mines are on the ground near a big boulder.

Destroyed Capital:
52d7mlz.jpg

There opposite of the flag to capture the base.

Island Outpost:
62qeerr.jpg

This one is easy, it's right below the base in the picture. The mines are to the left of the entrance to the cave/bridge.

biocat

I really want to get this but I'm living in Japan right now and I fear the server lag from here would be too great even if they are running dedicated. Anyone else have experience playing from Japan? I would love not having to wait until October to play this.

biocat said:
I really want to get this but I'm living in Japan right now and I fear the server lag from here would be too great even if they are running dedicated. Anyone else have experience playing from Japan? I would love not having to wait until October to play this.

I would try and give you my opinion of playing in Japan, but I am still waiting for Yahoo BB to set up my internet. I am leeching off a neighbors 7-10% signal at the moment.

I am still getting only mediocre lag and not all the time. It seems to depend on what time of the day.

My god, i've been three hours playing non-stop, and this is easily the funniest online game ever born. SONY HAS CREATED A MONSTER!! This is the fucking biggest sleeper of the year. AWESOME!!!!

Crisis

Banned
Septimus said:
Have there been any of the white room PS3 commercials for Warhawk on tv yet? If so, I haven't seen them...

No but if you want the honest assessment of it all it seems like that's not stopping the sales of Warhawk. It's not Bioshock sales-wise but it seems to be doing quite well considering PS3's userbase.

Madman

Septimus said:
Have there been any of the white room PS3 commercials for Warhawk on tv yet? If so, I haven't seen them...
Nope. Reasons:

Game was probably way over budget.

Broadband online only, so the target auidence are internet users, which makes for more efficient advertising.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Safe Bet said:
This highlights one of my main complaints about the game....

The learning curve never stops.
It's not like that's something you need to know to play the game properly.

Smokey

The Jer said:
Is your PSN ID dbswisha?

I'm being told that the "player does not exist"

Yes, that's my PSN name.

Are you trying to send a FR through the XMB or a clan invite through Warhawk?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Man, I have to get use to the Dual Shock/Sixaxis controls for this type of game. Some people are precise as hell in game and kill me real fast. I'm use to KB/M setup with Battlefield2

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Smokey Bones said:
Yes, that's my PSN name.

Are you trying to send a FR through the XMB or a clan invite through Warhawk?

He's trying to send the clan invite through Wowhawk, but he can't send it till you've logged into it at least once.

dralla

one thing people don't seem to know is that when you're playing Zones, shrinking the enemies base is one of the most important things to do. This lets you expand the next closest node to 3 and it'll prevent the enemy team from expanding their base beyond 1

I just spent half an hour trying to get into a game and couldn't get into anything, except the all-dogfight SCEA servers. No thanks. If a game says 25/32 and won't let me in because it's "full," but I see that same game on the server list as it refreshes with each failure and it always says between 25 and 27 out of 32, how the fuck could it have been full?

If I pay full price for a game, I do expect to be able to play it--and for the headset included with it to work. I completely regret buying this game right now.

Greg

The tank is the best vehicle in the game - the cannon is fucking amazing, and if you play the arc/lead your targets properly, you can take pretty much everyone out of the sky and also rain down on ground units. Any type of turret can usually be taken out in 2 hits and because the reload is so quick, you can get both shots off before they even have a chance.

30+ kills in my last game and I joined late.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Captain Glanton said:
I just spent half an hour trying to get into a game and couldn't get into anything, except the all-dogfight SCEA servers. No thanks. If a game says 25/32 and won't let me in because it's "full," but I see that same game on the server list as it refreshes with each failure and it always says between 25 and 27 out of 32, how the fuck could it have been full?

If I pay full price for a game, I do expect to be able to play it--and for the headset included with it to work. I completely regret buying this game right now.

In every single online game ever made on every console, there are first and second week server woes/patches. Just be patient. Halo 2 went through it, COD2 went through it, Warhawk is going through it.

kay

The SCEA servers are tricky but I have no problem getting in them if you join when there are 20 of 20 minutes left. Otherwise, it's pretty rare.

spwolf

Captain Glanton said:

return it and spare us of your misery :). And also, there are instructions in the manual on how headset works, read before you complain. They work fine.

Top Bottom