• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Bebpo

Banned
Here's what I've noticed.

When you do a non-password server like GAF-CTF, it fills up with non-GAF people really fast and you only have a few GAF people.

When you do a password protected server like GAFu and don't list the password in the thread so only the people "in the know" can get in...you have 2 people playing.

Can we make a middleground here, where we use password protected servers but put the password in the post. Oh noes, at worst some lurker who reads gaf would get in...who cares; at least it's someone who reads GAF and knows the posters as opposed to just some random guy.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I just got this today - played two games, ate dinner... now I can't even get on their network, it keeps failing. WTF? Lame. I want to play bitches!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Bebpo said:

When you do a non-password server like GAF-CTF, it fills up with non-GAF people really fast and you only have a few GAF people.

When you do a password protected server like GAFu and don't list the password in the thread so only the people "in the know" can get in...you have 2 people playing.

Can we make a middleground here, where we use password protected servers but put the password in the post. Oh noes, at worst some lurker who reads gaf would get in...who cares; at least it's someone who reads GAF and knows the posters as opposed to just some random guy.

It's really a non issue IMO. The host has full control over who plays in his/her server. I or any other host can easily kick a non Gaffer out to make room for a Gaffer; no password is needed.

PleoMax

Banned
Killthee said:
It's really a non issue IMO. The host has full control over who plays in his/her server. I or any other host can easily kick a non Gaffer out to make room for a Gaffer; no password is needed.

Cool, is there any server with gaf people and plenty of users?

PleoMax

Banned
Should i play with the filters? There's a crapload of servers to browse

Its cool, gamerecks is in it, i get in through him

Says the game is full

Killthee

Firest0rm said:
I'm sergeant, but it says the level is general which is the highest.

That's weird. I'll fiddle with the max rank limit next time I host. Sorry you couldn't get in X_X;

Firest0rm

k it seems if i try to access from favorites it says im too high ranked. but it doesnt give me that when i access through the full server list. but now its full :S

Killthee

Firest0rm said:
k it seems if i try to access from favorites it says im too high ranked. but it doesnt give me that when i access through the full server list. but now its full :S

Try again, I made some room.

mackaveli

hey is there still room in the server??

can anyone pm me the password as well?

thanks, and i just got the game and i absolutely suck.

Killthee

mackaveli said:
hey is there still room in the server??

can anyone pm me the password as well?

thanks, and i just got the game and i absolutely suck.

TTP's server or my server (GAF-CTF/ZNS)? There's room in my server and no password is required.

teepo

Bebpo said:

there is a simple solution to all this and it's borrowing a bit to the way goon's have their gaming community setup, something that is unfortunately non existent here. haven't seen them attempt anything like this with warhawk since its been awhile since i lurked their forums. even though, whenever i find a something awful server on a game list, the password is 90% of the time some variation of the word goon.

we shouldn't need to post the password up for every single server. we need to adopt a universal password, such as BELIEVE, and a naming scheme of some sort. a good name template would be GAF-(TIMEZONE)-(#)-(GAMETYPE). an example would be GAF-EST-3-TEAM DEATHMATCH with a password set for BELIEVE. organization people.

we can do this.

PleoMax

Banned
Well i'm out fellows, good games, i was spitting some good shit with the plane in the last game, freetought ahahahaha, you didn't get me this time sucka!

Killthee

teepo said:
there is a simple solution to all this and it's borrowing a bit to the way goon's have their gaming community setup, something that is unfortunately non existent here. haven't seen them attempt anything like this with warhawk since its been awhile since i lurked their forums. even though, whenever i find a something awful server on a game list, the password is 90% of the time some variation of the word goon.

we shouldn't need to post the password up for every single server. we need to adopt a universal password, such as BELIEVE, and a naming scheme of some sort. a good name template would be GAF-(TIMEZONE)-(#)-(GAMETYPE). an example would be GAF-EST-3-TEAM DEATHMATCH with a password set for BELIEVE. organization people.

we can do this.

I second this. I've started a new server list spreadsheet so we can keep track of the servers. The Server ID will be tied to a member so we can easily distinguish whose server we are playing on in case we need to send feedback. The in game naming scheme will be ServerID-Frequent Modes. Post your Server info if you want to be added (PSN ID, GAF Username, Timezone, Ranked/Unranked/Both, Frequent Modes, Sparse Modes, and Max Pl.) Once you do that P.M. me your email address so I can give you editing rights and allow you to keep the status of your server updated.

Great idea Teepo.

Killthee

DemonSwordsman said:
hey can you guys Invite me into GAFn. I got the game a couple of days ago and i wanna get invited into the clan

P.M. Varshes and ask him if he's still getting errors when sending out invites.

Ristlager

Oh my god, I fucking won a game :D :D :D Not bad for a rookie. Damn this is a fun game, the thrill of driving home with the flag is fantastic.

Raist

Banned
PleoMax said:
YEah, :lol

Because my player was allways like almost falling, clipping problems probably or something, and then you crossed the river and it started saying "Damage zone" or something like that, and my life starts being affected and i'm like "CROSS THE DAMM RIVER, PUSH THAT SHIT!!" and then i died halfway through.

The wind was cutting me, blades were flying around

Yeah noticed this when we had some fun doing stupid stuff with goncalo. On the banks of the river there's a limit zone, just like when you get out of the map with the hawks. You're not supposed to go there while on foot :lol

Raist

Banned
Killthee said:

Yup, but just to take TTP's serv as an example, he puts it online and may not keep an eye on it, so it wouldn't help.

That said, if TTP doesn't change the pass anymore, you guys could just get it from any GAFu member.

If people plan to play one day or another on TTP's serv, PM me now I'll give you the pass.

Killthee

Broadbandito said:
just bought it today. PSN name -> Broadbandit

We need more people in the GAFs clan. Do you want to join? Post your timezone if you do.

Top Bottom