• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Core407

Banned
Killthee said:
The PSN is down.

off.jpg

I'm on the network now. :|

ChryZ

Raist said:
Personnally, I prefer locked rooms so that we can play together and not with some assclowns that TK...
Gotta second that, in those zone games two idiots from my own team managed to hit me with a jeep and tank while I was trying to reclaim a zone. They didn't even bothered to stop or to finish the job, they just rolled on ...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TTP said:
OK, a RANKED server is up now!

Name: GAF_ONLY
Region: Europe (but anyone can join)
Map rotation:
Island Outpost - ZONES
The Badlands - CTF (2 rounds)
Destroyed Capitol - TDM (Dogfight)
Archipelago - ZONES
Eucadia - CTF (2 rounds)

WARNING
I'll ban anyone that is not a gaffer that I know of for the first half an hour so be quick.

If you are about to join and you are not sure I know who you are, drop a message here with your PSN ID BEFORE joining unless u want to get banned. I'll check this thread before banning someone.

Flo_Evans

doh if ints not one thing its another! I just tripped a circuit breaker cause I had too much shit going.

GG though, I am getting the hang of the warhawks :D

Just picked up Warhawk...ID is Leonidas2123, and still trying to get used to the controls. How many of you guys use the motion controls and how many use traditional? I have been trying to get used to the motion controls and so far the traditional seems much easier.

tha_con

Banned
The Turrets aren't overpowered, in reality, they're very easy to kill, and very limited in function. It's very easy to check your radar, see where they are, and take them out.

Does no one use Binoculars and TOW missiles? I take out turrets constantly.

I end nearly every game with a 9/1 kill death ratio, mainly because I snipe and take out turrets. The balance is in having members of your team dedicated to taking out these threats, while other members play defense, and other members play offense.

:)

Update: I got my mic to work now, so I can talk online finally. I had skipped a step while registering it to the PS3.

I'm not as angry about not getting onto servers as I was earlier, but I'm still pretty angry. I just spent another 10 minutes trying to get into something large and not dogfighting. I'm not a fan of dogfighting [I'm not terrible at it, but for me it gets old pretty fast] and it irks me that that's the only game I can get into. That, or 5 man deathmatch, which isn't very fun in a game made for huge, vehicle combat.

Maybe I'll try again tonight.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Captain Glanton said:
Update: I got my mic to work now, so I can talk online finally. I had skipped a step while registering it to the PS3.

I'm not as angry about not getting onto servers as I was earlier, but I'm still pretty angry. I just spent another 10 minutes trying to get into something large and not dogfighting. I'm not a fan of dogfighting [I'm not terrible at it, but for me it gets old pretty fast] and it irks me that that's the only game I can get into. That, or 5 man deathmatch, which isn't very fun in a game made for huge, vehicle combat.

Maybe I'll try again tonight.

What time are you going to be online tonight? I might setup a ranked GAF server tonight.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Nightz said:
Thanks. It's saying that the game is full though. If it's full of GAF members, that's fine. I'll find another game to play on :)

Keep trying. I making some room.

Oddly enough, the server has never been full since I started it.

nofi

TTP said:
Keep trying. I making some room.

Oddly enough, the server has never been full since I started it.

You should enforce headsets, too, TTP. The amount of games I've lost because NO BASTARD SPEAKS is appalling. And certainly not my fault. :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
holy shit I think I've banned a Gaffer by accident. Please whoever u are get back in. I see BAN isn't really permanent.

cilonen

dionysus said:
I had to leave TTPs server, the blue team were a bunch of noobs and I couldn't transfer to the red team. There are two things you have to do in a CTF match, defend your flag and capture the enemies. Yet, it felt like my team was playing TDM.

I really wish they would implement an admin system on servers. So we could forcibly move people around. Of course, that would completely bork the ranking system, but it would benefit me!

I was on blue for the brief time I was on there, got TK'd twice in that Island Outpost match. Mind you, I normally try to play Flag Defence / Recovery on CTF matches and have unintentionally caught people in my melee :/

My problem is I tend to be of the 'using a pneumatic drill to perform open heart surgery' school of overwhelming firepower. Having said that if someone on my team takes me out with, say, a tank when we're all crowding the enemy flag carrier then no problem as long as we get it back!

Supaman223 said:
The official servers are coming in at 100+ ping, and because of that i can't join them.i have 4 MBS+ internet and i have tried both wireless and wired, It still wont join. Because of this i can join any ranked games and rank up.

Any Ideas?

TTP said:
holy shit I think I've banned a Gaffer by accident. Please whoever u are get back in. I see BAN isn't really permanent.

Might have been me, sorry I should have read this thread before I joined the server.

PSN: Guildenstern

Killthee said:
What time are you going to be online tonight? I might setup a ranked GAF server tonight.

I'm pretty open on time. I'd like to play with some GAFers--I haven't played with any so far, that I know of.

Do we want to try to have a big meet-up tonight? 9:00pm US Eastern?

Killthee

Captain Glanton said:
I'm pretty open on time. I'd like to play with some GAFers--I haven't played with any so far, that I know of.

Do we want to try to have a big meet-up tonight? 9:00pm US Eastern?

I'll see if I can have it up at 10:00 p.m. est. I'm not promising anything though....

Steroyd

notjackbauer said:
I'm feeling way behind. What's the best way to make lots of points really fast?

Do jobs where you make sure you don't get negative points, like Defending the flag in CTF.

I've got 2 and a half hours of free time, before the football (Soccer) show MOTD (Match of the Day) I'll be on in a tick.

notjackbauer said:
I'm feeling way behind. What's the best way to make lots of points really fast?

Focus on team play. If you can't out-shoot someone tank-v.-tank, etc., then work on capturing zones for your team away from the major conflicts, guarding the flag, etc. Doing this will also get you acclimated to the game faster than dying every few seconds in crazy firefights.

Worked for me.

Killthee

Smokey Bones said:
I played online yesterday for about 2 hours???

Send me a PSN friend invite (PSN ID: Killthee) and I'll see if your profile is showing up in game. If it is, The Jer should be able to send you the clan invite.

The Jer

I tried sending Smokey Bones (dbwisha) an invite to the clan about 5-10 minutes ago and I still got the "player does not exist" message.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wait, Speevy is banned now?! I can't keep track of GAF it seems. :lol

I'll Warhawk it up tonight...until then, good luck finding a game.

Nightz

Anyone ever had this happen? I've gotten up to rank Wingman, and I only have the stats needed for Airman 1st Class. I was able to get Sergeant, Chief Sergeant and Wingman at the same time O_O. Usually people complain about not getting their stats. I think all of your stats went to me :lol

Top Bottom