• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Chief Sergeant yeah! :)

Love my new Warhawk paints!

One thing I noticed that I really like is how ribbons work. When you get them in Resistance, they just add up in the stats an that's it. But here, every ribbon you get adds bonus points to the overall game score. So the more you get during a match, the more you score!

Also noticed how much more points I get when playing with/for the team rather than going fo simple kills here and there. The "team kills" earns you much more points than simple kills. I love this as it really forces you to take a look at the map and go where needed.

Flo_Evans

GAH! I finally was able to add some $$$ to my wallet and DL warhawk, now my internet is dying!

Plz add to GAF clan. PSN id = Flo_Evans

A little disapointed that the 'pro' flight mode doesn't have true pitch and roll flying. It just seems to turn off the auto-level.

gigapower

I just spent half an hour trying to get into a game and couldn't get into anything, except the all-dogfight SCEA servers. No thanks.

Those are the best ones! I've spent all morning in one and all last night in another, I keep on forgetting about the ground game, which is fine with me as bought this for the Warhawk aspect of it.

A little disapointed that the 'pro' flight mode doesn't have true pitch and roll flying. It just seems to turn off the auto-level.

The right stick does that.

User 406

Banned
No GAF servers up, so I've just been scumming badges and ribbons in the SCEA TDM servers. I've found that's the best way to enjoy the lack of real team play from the majority. :p Got my Bandit 4x4, which was a lot of fun, though it took a few tries.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sea Manky said:
No GAF servers up, so I've just been scumming badges and ribbons in the SCEA TDM servers. I've found that's the best way to enjoy the lack of real team play from the majority. :p Got my Bandit 4x4, which was a lot of fun, though it took a few tries.

I'll put a GAFu server up in a minute. Actually, I can put a ranked server up if you gaffers are quick enough to fill it. Tell me what u want.

Synless

For some reason I have gained the same rank 2 times.....and my points havent moved past 562 since the first day I bought the game and in reality I'm closer to 2-3 thousand points....anyone else having this problem?

Raist

Banned
God those last zones matches were terrible, we got completely slaughtered :/

I wish voice chat wasn't completely fucked up... :(

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
I'll put a GAFu server up in a minute. Actually, I can put a ranked server up if you gaffers are quick enough to fill it. Tell me what u want.

yay :)

Personnally, I prefer locked rooms so that we can play together and not with some assclowns that TK...

But just do it as you want :p

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I can feel myself getting stronger! and FASTER! I took out like 4 doods at a base, total Rambo mode. I was like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHLSDKJFDLSKJ" The whole time.

The Jer

TTP said:
Edit: they are also quite addicted to the GamerScore. They are keen to give even a poorly received 360 game a chance just to get a couple of points wheras on PS3 the game has to be AAA+++ for them to even think about playing it. If, say, HS or Lair were released on the 360, they would easly at least rent them. No so on the PS3. Bioshock? They got the 360 version for the GS.

God I hope those Sony Trophies are good.

Oh man. I think a gamerscore is one of the stupidest things ever. It really, really bothers me that people will play a game just for the gamerscore and it really, really, really bothers me that people like the idea of a gamerscore. I think it's the number one dumbest thing going down this generation. I haven't complained about it, yet, since I don't personally own a 360. But, since it's pretty apparent that Sony is picking up gamerscores as well....
I'm really dissapointed.

Achievements and trophies are a good thing; a great idea and I'm for them. But, a universal "gamerscore" is really, really bad/stupid. Unfortunately, I think most people are interested in raising their score than the actual achievements themselves.

At the very least, Microsoft/Sony needs to implement a "hide gamerscore" option, so that people who don't want the score can hide and then just ignore it completely.

Wollan

Have they commented on separating Waggling between Warhawk and Ground Vehicles? They had it in the first Beta build but as soon as they removed it, it reduced the fun I'm having and I kept hammering in that we need that separation back. Hopefully they will realize this in time for the first patch.

methane47

Sea Manky said:

Sea Manky you need to stop playing this game... you're way too good... Everytime i jump in a match with you.. you're always on the opposite team... killing me... :( :(

BlueTsunami

The Ground to Air missle stations fucken rock. I'm not good in a Warhawk so I'll just hit up one of those and lock on to Warhawks. I won't shoot though, I'll just let them spaz out while I stay locked on and then either shoot in a few seconds or they'll get hit by an ally Warhawk :D . Its especially awesome in CTF where they have all their attention on the Flag Carrier and don't give a shit whether their locked on or not. BAM GOTCHA BITCH.

This is one thing Warhawk definitely has over Battlefield 2. The Ground to Air Attacks are balanced and I love that.

The Jer

Smokey Bones said:
Yes, that's my PSN name.

Are you trying to send a FR through the XMB or a clan invite through Warhawk?

Through Warhawk.
I'm going to send more invites in an hour or so, I'll try again then.

The official servers are coming in at 100+ ping, and because of that i can't join them.i have 4 MBS+ internet and i have tried both wireless and wired, It still wont join. Because of this i can join any ranked games and rank up.

Raist

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
This is one thing Warhawk definitely has over Battlefield 2. The Ground to Air Attacks are balanced and I love that.

Hmmm they're seriously imbalanced IMO.

A tank can get a warhawk down in one shot
An RPG can take a warhawk down in 1/2 shots
A missile turret can take a warhawk down in one shot and DCA is really powerful too.
Hell, you can even kill a warhawk with the jeep's machine gun. Even if the hawk shoots with its gun you'll get it down faster :lol

It's already tough enough to survive with other hawks wandering around, but when you add ground threats sometimes it's like hell :/

Defuser

I hate those tanks,firearms except RPG/Flamethrower can't penetrate them,got too little grenades to destroy it. I always get fucked by them.

Raist said:

A missile turret can take a warhawk down in one shot and DCA is really powerful too.
Hell, you can even kill a warhawk with the jeep's machine gun. Even if the hawk shoots with its gun you'll get it down faster :lol

It's already tough enough to survive with other hawks wandering around, but when you add ground threads sometimes it's like hell :/
It is balanced,is just that people don't bother to think a way to counter/dodge it.All you need to do is find a TOW missile,hover somewhere safe and guide it to the AA.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
yay :)

Personnally, I prefer locked rooms so that we can play together and not with some assclowns that TK...

But just do it as you want :p

OK, a RANKED server is up now!

Name: GAF_ONLY
Region: Europe (but anyone can join)
Map rotation:
Island Outpost - ZONES
The Badlands - CTF (2 rounds)
Destroyed Capitol - TDM (Dogfight)
Archipelago - ZONES
Eucadia - CTF (2 rounds)

WARNING
I'll ban anyone that is not a gaffer that I know of for the first half an hour so be quick.

If you are about to join and you are not sure I know who you are, drop a message here with your PSN ID BEFORE joining unless u want to get banned. I'll check this thread before banning someone.

BlueTsunami

Raist said:

It's already tough enough to survive with other hawks wandering around, but when you add ground threads sometimes it's like hell :/

I like this though, the Hawks can just boost out of danger when they need too. The one thing I hated about Battlefield2 was how unbalanced Ground to Air was.

Though, if anything the Machine Guns towards Warhawks could get nerfed a little. Only higher caliber weapons should be doing that much damage.

Raist

Banned
Defuser said:
It is balanced,is just that people don't bother to think a way to counter/dodge it.All you need to do is find a TOW missile,hover somewhere safe and guide it to the AA.

Huh yeah sure, you can use a TOW... but you're not going to spend all your time searching for a TOW and killing stuff :/

I'm not speaking about 1 vs 1 stuff, just saying that warhawks are extremely vulnerable because almost anything can take em down very quickly

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:

They are not imbalanced IMO.

- A tank can get a warhawk down in one shot

Not really. More like 2 or 3 as far as I experienced. Also, it depends on the skill of the pilot and distance. You a warhawk is stupid enough to hover near an enemy tank bad for him.

- An RPG can take a warhawk down in 1/2 shots

2 or 3 I'd say. But again, a lone soldier is dead meat against a Warhawk. RPG gives him a chance to survive.

- A missile turret can take a warhawk down in one shot and DCA is really powerful too.

I agree here. Missile turrets are too powerful. But they can leave it that way if the make avoiding their missiles much easier. They are a pain in the ass to shake off!

- Hell, you can even kill a warhawk with the jeep's machine gun. Even if the hawk shoots with its gun you'll get it down faster :lol

Again. It depends on who's piloting. :)

Core407

Banned
I hate how the machine gun has a maximum capacity. It's tough enough trying to take out tanks or Warhawks when you have to wait for the thing to reload or cool off from heat. Whatever it is that stops the shooting.

TTP said:
If you are about to join and you are not sure I know who you are, drop a message here with your PSN ID BEFORE joining unless u want to get banned. I'll check this thread before banning someone.

Supaman223

The Jer

Would it possible for the OP to link to more in-depth explanations of the game modes?

I'm still not exactly sure how the scoring for zones works and I'm just figuring it out.
I know that the more zones you have, the faster your score increases. I also know that having zones that zones overlap makes your score go up much, much faster. And it appears that it is better to have a few zones overlap than have several disconnected zones.

methane47

Raist said:

** Well if this was real life... seems perfectly accurate to me..

** well... if this was real life.. seems perfectly accurate to me..

**well... if this was real life.. seems perfectly accurate to me..

**This ENTIRELY DEPENDS ON the people shooting... If its someone like CLICK in the Warhawk... Dont expect to last long in anything other than on foot... anything else is too big a target ... not to go down in seconds.... If its someone crappy in the warhawk like me... then you might have a chance.. I might have to boost off and get health and try again..

It's already tough enough to survive with other hawks wandering around, but when you add ground threats sometimes it's like hell :/

bah stop complaining.. Grab your balls and walk it off..:D :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Is BigSwiss one of us?

What about Shadowlight?

Mikeloncio? MRaptor?

Guys I'm gonna ban you if u dont reply in 5 mins

The Jer

I never get enough time to read the game hints or time to read the whole thing. They don't appear to show up more than once or a couple times. It would be nice if they kept a list of all the game hints/tips, so you could go back and read them.

Raist

Banned
Nah seriously. I don't get why it takes you ages to kill a jeep or a footman with the hawk's gun for instance. Should be way faster.

Ceb

TTP said:
Is BigSwiss one of us?

What about Shadowlight?

Mikeloncio? MRaptor?

Guys I'm gonna ban you if u dont reply in 5 mins

Just ban anyone without a GAF tag? :)

Raist said:
Nah seriously. I don't get why it takes you ages to kill a jeep or a footman with the hawk's gun for instance. Should be way faster.

I think the damage versus jeeps feel balanced, but I agree that a warhawk machine gun should make short work of foot soldiers. Trooper vs warhawk encounters are skewed ever so slightly in the trooper's favor due to the flame thrower, rocket launcher and ability to shoot down a 'hawk with normal weapons.

Warhawks are good against other warhawks and turrets, plus the bonus of fast troop transportation. Tanks are better all-round vehicles.

cilonen

TTP said:
There are some Gaffers which are not part of any GAF clan.

Yeah, me :D

Although my network has decided to be a little bitch after a fairly decent weekend of Warhawk and Mingol. I managed to play about 10 mins, then lost it again, I might try again later.

Have fun guys.

calder

Uhh, mentally exhausting ranked CTF game just ended, and I feel blind. :lol

Those 8 on 8 matches are SO HARD when the map is fully open, the other team had 3 guys working hard together and I felt lucky we kept it a 2-2 tie when the game ended. I was defending my flag like a madman (won top player easily, had huuuge team points and a K/D ratio approaching 3 from fending off all the chumps trying to take my flag) and finally at the end one of my teammates cleared out the outpost overlooking our base. So freaking intense.

Any word on clan status? I'd like to be in a clan, can't wait till that shit gets fixed. Without a more convenient match finding service (I know it gets harped on, but a party system is damn near a MANDATORY feature for a game like this) as much as I love this game I can't imagine it having the same insanely devoted long-term player support as something like Resistence has. I still haven't had a really flawless all-GAF team experience yet, and the thought that we'll never have like 10+ GAFers on the same side in a ranked match worries me.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Actually, yeah. It's down, but for some reason I can log in via the Debug unit. I'm hosting a Warhawk ranked server right now

User 406

Banned
Argh, logged out, checked the thread, saw the info about the server, tried to log back in, now it's telling me the Playstation Network has been suspended, try again later. :mad:

I suppose I could do something else for a while, like eat.

Unholy Spectacle/kaching, any room in GAFe I or II for Calder? He's worth recruiting. :D

Greg

Sea Manky said:
Argh, logged out, checked the thread, saw the info about the server, tried to log back in, now it's telling me the Playstation Network has been suspended, try again later. :mad:

I suppose I could do something else for a while, like eat.

Unholy Spectacle/kaching, any room in GAFe I or II for Calder? He's worth recruiting. :D
He can have my spot unless there is someone else in a list waiting - I've been swamped with work and just enjoying the time I have off with friends, so I stepped out of the GAFe clan.

I'll play with everyone later, it has been hectic recently and I figured it would be better off for someone who really wants in to get the spot.

Core407

Banned
TTP said:
OK, a RANKED server is up now!

Name: GAF_ONLY
Region: Europe (but anyone can join)
Map rotation:
Island Outpost - ZONES
The Badlands - CTF (2 rounds)
Destroyed Capitol - TDM (Dogfight)
Archipelago - ZONES
Eucadia - CTF (2 rounds)

WARNING
I'll ban anyone that is not a gaffer that I know of for the first half an hour so be quick.

ID is Runner45

dionysus

Yaldog
I had to leave TTPs server, the blue team were a bunch of noobs and I couldn't transfer to the red team. There are two things you have to do in a CTF match, defend your flag and capture the enemies. Yet, it felt like my team was playing TDM.

I really wish they would implement an admin system on servers. So we could forcibly move people around. Of course, that would completely bork the ranking system, but it would benefit me!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
KGKK said:
My PSN has been suspended? What the hell did I do wrong?!:(

The PSN is down.

off.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dionysus said:
I had to leave TTPs server, the blue team were a bunch of noobs and I couldn't transfer to the red team. There are two things you have to do in a CTF match, defend your flag and capture the enemies. Yet, it felt like my team was playing TDM.

I really wish they would implement an admin system on servers. So we could forcibly move people around. Of course, that would completely bork the ranking system, but it would benefit me!

why did u leave? Just tell me and I'll make it so that you can move to the other side by making the teams unbalanced.

Try joining again and I'll make it so you can join the red team

Top Bottom