• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Ceb

Fuck, I was just about to ask if there was any room left...

Sony really need to fix this slow updating of the server status.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT CONNECTION PROBLEMS:

Game is full... Every goddamn time.

But the damn game tells me it's got 5 or 6 spots open.

Fix your goddamn game Incog....

Btw, I played with a bunch of you guys yesterday without knowing it.

MMark01 on the prowl.

methane47

is this server in Europe? cuz the lag for me right now is crazy.. i might just stop playing because its crazy right now for me..

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
methane47 said:
is this server in Europe? cuz the lag for me right now is crazy.. i might just stop playing because its crazy right now for me..

TTP lives in Italy. :lol

Miguel

Just because I have nothing to do for the next 2-3 hours (well, at least not at home, going to Fry's...

I'll set up a server for people to play on. Starting now (almost 3pm central) til about 6pm central.

That's when I start warhawkin'

I'll name it.

server name: believe

Dedicated Ranked server
20 spots

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I live in the US and TTP's PS3 in Italy was perfection.

My only complain is that GAFu beat the shit out of me, countlessly! The last CTF match I was in was eating at my soul. Yixian is a magician, he seems to be everywhere AT EVERY MOMENT

;____________________;

I need to work on my Dogfighting

Oh and Mmmmkay is the RED BARON INCARNATE

Raist

Banned
Reallt enjoyed those games tonight, even if there was a few dumb guys in blue team when we started.

I don't know why, but this time I had some bad lag, occasionnaly. Going through bonus without picking em up, that kind of stuff. I noticed a few laggers too, dunno if it's related.

Yixian

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Yixian is a magician, he seems to be everywhere AT EVERY MOMENT

They don't call me Yixian the Almighty Lord of CTF for nothing. In fact they don't call me that at all, but they should god damn :D

That GAF room was awesome. Absolute GAFu dominatiooooon.

methane47

Man... i hate playing with Yixian... for some strange reason his warhawks always seem to be in hyper mode... and he always has a TOW missle.... ALWAYS!!

Also... His characters seem to run like lightning.... Dodging at high speeds left and right to the point where you can barely see him.... And if you kill him... just wait in that same spot for I KID YOU NOT FIVE SECONDS.. and you will be Killed by a TOW missle..

Has me frickin sratchin my head like How the hell did he do all of that in FIVE SECONDS...

:(

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and blame those ~10 losses to my horrible connection to ITALY

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Yixian said:
They don't call me Yixian the Almighty Lord of CTF for nothing. In fact they don't call me that at all, but they should god damn :D

That GAF room was awesome. Absolute GAFU dominatiooooon.

GAFu Dogfighting was a lock, you guys are demons in the sky

The last CTF match was painful for me. I kept trying to capture the flag but y'alls Air to Ground Warhawk skills are tremendous.

ghostmind

Yixian said:

That GAF room was awesome. Absolute GAFu dominatiooooon.

No kidding - it was Yixian has the flag over and over again...

methane47

ghostmind said:
No kidding - it was Yixian has the flag over and over again...

we just needed some better teamwork... They were working well together.. Coming into our bases with 3-4 warhawks at a time.. each holding 2 people... landmines on the jeeps would get about 3-4 of em.. The other from combat kills.. But by that time... Yixian sends a TOW our way and blows us all up.. at which point in time they would jump in a jeep and speed off...

We could of done alot better.. but too many guys were team killing.. I mean.. WhyTF do you need to team kill someone with a knife.. its not like you can pretend it was an accident:D

Miguel

Make those 20 spots into 16...I lowered it a bit in hopes that it stays up this time.

Also, server name has changed to mmolinajr

Yixian

Banned
methane47 said:
we just needed some better teamwork... They were working well together.. Coming into our bases with 3-4 warhawks at a time.. each holding 2 people... landmines on the jeeps would get about 3-4 of em.. The other from combat kills.. But by that time... Yixian sends a TOW our way and blows us all up.. at which point in time they would jump in a jeep and speed off...

We could of done alot better.. but too many guys were team killing.. I mean.. WhyTF do you need to team kill someone with a knife.. its not like you can pretend it was an accident:D

Also, in Eucadia, I could just fly over and take the spawn point right outside your base, meaning as quick as someone from HQ could get a hawk into your base, I could ride a non-mined tank or jeep in, pick up the flag and roll on out.

I was in the beta so I've had a head start, eventually you guys will get the point too where the entire map might as well be 10m square because you know where all the vehicles are, your driving in all of them is good, and you can be anywhere in that *clicks fingers*

Still, I had like a 5 game streak at No. 1 there :D That buys me 1 Van Damme gloat gif:

dammedance.gif

These connection problems are really pissing me off. Took me about 30 minutes to get into a game last night and today I can't join anything.

ChryZ

Good games, guys. I call it a night so another slot on the server is free. Again many thanks to TTP for hosting this awesomeness.

EDIT: Yixian, sorry for the teamkill. I saw you running around in the wild, tried to get rid of the wh and to return asap with a jeep. Hitting you wasn't part of the plan ^_^;

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Nightz said:
Anyone ever had this happen? I've gotten up to rank Wingman, and I only have the stats needed for Airman 1st Class. I was able to get Sergeant, Chief Sergeant and Wingman at the same time O_O. Usually people complain about not getting their stats. I think all of your stats went to me :lol

Ah! That explains it! I saw you with that Wingman icon above you and I was like "how the fuck did he get there already"? :lol

KGKK

Banned
Good game guys. I finally turned off motion controls because I could not stand it for the jeep and my god is it so much better now. Even controlling the Warhawk seems easier now. I will be back in half an hour, see if I could set up a good server.:D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ChryZ said:
Good games, guys. I call it a night so another slot on the server is free. Again many thanks to TTP for hosting this awesomeness.

You're welocme. Good games everybody.

Server is stll up for an hour or so. 17 ppl in atm.

I'm banning random ppl to make some room :p

roxya

Great games with GAFu tonight. Yixian was beating the crap out of my team on CTF though. Usually our fault for leaving him a conveniently placed jeep to speed off in :lol

dionysus

Yaldog
I am giving TTPs server another shot, hopefully I can get in in a decent amount of time.

Oh and I made Chief Sergeant, the rust colored paint job is sweet.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dionysus said:
I am giving TTPs server another shot, hopefully I can get in in a decent amount of time.

Oh and I made Chief Sergeant, the rust colored paint job is sweet.

Be quick. And keep trying for 3 mins.

EDIT: YOU ARE IN! ;)

Mmmkay

BlueTsunami said:
I need to work on my Dogfighting

Oh and Mmmmkay is the RED BARON INCARNATE
I don't think the Red Baron was constantly on the other end of methane47's rocket launcher. It didn't help that I kept mashing triangle just at the wrong moment when trying to dodge it. ;_;

Oh and flying in general, I spent about the first 5 minutes of that one Dogfight game today without a single point. I've still got a lot to learn, heck I only just discovered there was an afterburner!

methane47

Yixian said:
Still, I had like a 5 game streak at No. 1 there :D That buys me 1 Van Damme gloat gif:

Well I was certainly happy that I stole your #1 spot for the last 2-3 games i played :D

Do I get a van damme dance too?

And yeah.. I really try hard to defend those base right outside the main base.. but its hard when everyone else wants to jump in a warhawk and dogfight.. and its like me and 2 other guys actually defending those three bases.. :(

LJ11

Good games guys. Yixian was a beast. It was always him and TTP coming out of the Blue Team base with the flag surrounded by 3 or 4 Warhawks providing cover.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
This fucking BAN feature is totally broken. I see people I banned multiple times joining again :(

User 406

Banned
Whoops, got a network drop on GAF_ONLY. Too bad, Freethrough and I had just finished a good zone capture and were about to go to the next.

Yixian

Banned
methane47 said:
Well I was certainly happy that I stole your #1 spot for the last 2-3 games i played :D

Do I get a van damme dance too?

And yeah.. I really try hard to defend those base right outside the main base.. but its hard when everyone else wants to jump in a warhawk and dogfight.. and its like me and 2 other guys actually defending those three bases.. :(

You're the ying to my yang. On top of our regular skillz, we delight in damn dirty ape tactics of TAW missiles (me) and mines (you) :D

There's nothing I can do when you've mined all the cars, it's guaranteed kill. I freaking can't stand mines, you know where they are gonna be, but 9 times out of 10 you just don't have the time to remove them all.

By the way did anyone else see that time just last game when I was in a jeep with two other guys? I had the flag, saw a TAW headed our way, jumped out, the TAW hit the jeep killing the two GAFfers inside, and I jumped in the next jeep behind :D Fucking classsssic.

Sorry about the time I was just camping yo with the tank, someone else had the flag and I was bored :( It was pretty low I know.

Top Bottom